May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @friendsfan367 We meet the first new sim selfie. Juju will bring him home from school. Countdown t- 3.25 hours from this post. If you want a hint, it's one of them in my signature... roflmao!!! :grimace::grimace::lol::grimace::grimace:

@friendsfan367 T- 30 minutes for the next chapter. I think you'll like this one. Rereading it I picture Hope and Jubilee as you and @CathyTea when reading your conversations you have on here. So I hope she likes this next chapter too.

just curious which one am i?
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,254 Member

You'll figure it out. grimace :smile:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    :)

lol. that means i'm ju ju. you've never been afraid to answer me.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    :)

lol. that means i'm ju ju. you've never been afraid to answer me.

Who says I'm afraid now? :grimace:
    I just :heart: to keep you in suspense.
  • Options
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Day 48

We finally get to meet one of the four new sim selfies that will appear in Generation 2. Today, @SimGuruSteve makes his appearance. And we have some sibling bonding.

(The sim selfies that were downloaded were all at the young adult stage of life. I down-aged them all to teens so it wouldn't be creepy teenage-young adult relationship creepiness. Plus it makes it for a more fun story!)

11-27-17_9-12-29-PM.png?w=800
  • Options

- Day 48

We finally get to meet one of the four new sim selfies that will appear in Generation 2. Today, @SimGuruSteve makes his appearance. And we have some sibling bonding.

(The sim selfies that were downloaded were all at the young adult stage of life. I down-aged them all to teens so it wouldn't be creepy teenage-young adult relationship creepiness. Plus it makes it for a more fun story!)

i read it . i still think i'm ju ju. shes not a a student yet.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

- Day 48

I need to check this out. It looks like a lot of fun. :D
  • Options

They are short chapters. Will be easy to binge Generation 1. :)

• Options
    elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    Anybody here min-maxing their sims? I've been thinking, is it better to lose 400 satisfaction point for sleep replacement, or losing simoleon and work progress for a vacation day.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • Options

- Day 48

i reccomend you do . joseph is funny.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

- Day 48

i reccomend you do . joseph is funny.

Just checked out the first two chapters. I've already subscribed. :D
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

They are short chapters. Will be easy to binge Generation 1. :)

I agree, it didn’t take long to catch up!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Karilan wrote: »

I think someone said it only took them 2.5 hours to read Day 1 - 40somethingish. Earlier 40s, that is. I like it when latecomers can quickly catch up.

I also tried to make it so you could start Generation 2 without having to have read Generation 1 for something to make sense. Then they would want to go back and read the previous Generation.

• Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    i'm trying to think of ideas for a drama and totally failing. Not asking for plots - but any tips on how to get inspired, seeing as I can't use a Sims potion?
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    edited November 2017
    i'm trying to think of ideas for a drama and totally failing. Not asking for plots - but any tips on how to get inspired, seeing as I can't use a Sims potion?

It helps me to watch movies and read books. Usually some slice of life which I don't usually read. (I usually go for fantasy or historical fiction). I read books by Khaled Hosseini last time. They were absolutey amazing. Hard on the feelings. I cried twice. But so well written! Spanning across generations. I absolutely recommend them.
  • Options
    elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member

I've tried Browse Art, Thoughtful Shower, View Inspired art, and even cloud gazing and none of them giving me any inspiration either so I doubt even if I have potion that I'll get inspired.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

@lilypadmeulin Try just going into CAS and coming up with a character/personality that would be fun to write then as you develop a character you like that can lead you into coming up with ideas for what could happen to them.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Hello everybody, here's the next update for the Keen Legacy. Rose has something to say!

The Keen Legacy 2.21: Strangers
    000_09-17-17_1-39-45c2a0pm.png
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    A new extra beat post is up as regrets are had after Laila's rule breaking.

Extra Beat 4: Regrets

extra-noise-post.jpg
  • Options

welll lets see i started with comedy. aka my comfortzone. then somewhere in generation 2 aydens wife decide putting her hands on the male maid was a good idea. then i sorta feel in too drama because as they say life was not the same after the maid inccident.

sometimes its better not to force it and just let drama happen organically. because it usually does. just my opinon though.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

Sometimes I just play the game for awhile, @lilypadmeulin. If you need to, save it under a different name so it doesn't mess with story parameters. Also reading other stories helps me. And people watching. I generally carry a notebook with me everywhere.

I've tried Browse Art, Thoughtful Shower, View Inspired art, and even cloud gazing and none of them giving me any inspiration either so I doubt even if I have potion that I'll get inspired.

This made me smile, @elifdapeton. Thoughtful showers do sometimes work for me. Some of my best ideas come in the shower. :p

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member

Find someone to ask for ideas! I always ask my husband since he has watched pretty much every TV show ever, and he always manages to pull out some crazy mix of ideas he got from combining like five TV show plot lines. If nothing else it really helps to just bounce ideas off of someone. Most of my best ideas have come from those back and forth conversations.
    Something else I like to do is really think about a character, and what kind of issues that character might have. For example, say you have a character that always sees the best in people. Well, it's easy for someone like that to be taken advantage of by someone with less than stellar motives. Or maybe you have a character who really loves animals. Maybe their obsession with animals leads them into hoarding animals, or choosing to form friendships with animals instead of people.
    When you take character traits to the extreme, the possibilities for drama are endless!
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I know i'm early cause it's not Saturday but there's a reason i'll put in a spoiler below.....wait it's the title!
    Chapter Thirteen
    oy11XXbl.png

So happy non-Saturday!
  • Options
    7iSNoy6.png

Cameron hunts for employees in chapter 20.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

I think someone said it only took them 2.5 hours to read Day 1 - 40somethingish. Earlier 40s, that is. I like it when latecomers can quickly catch up.

I also tried to make it so you could start Generation 2 without having to have read Generation 1 for something to make sense. Then they would want to go back and read the previous Generation.

I think it only took me a day as well, with many distractions between chapters haha.

I try to write my legacy so you can start from any generation as well, but I've been planning to add catch up memoirs too.
    D2vFwMN.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top