Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited November 2017
    Me being me....
    The one time i'm annoyed at google for reconnecting to the internet. :D I was playing that game that shows up when there's no internet (my internet is terrible) (if you click space it starts the game) and it reconnected on me. I got so far as well.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Me being me....
    The one time i'm annoyed at google for reconnecting to the internet. :D I was playing that game that shows up when there's no internet (my internet is terrible and if you click space it starts it) and it reconnected on me. I got so far as well.

Murphy's law has very bad timing, but then it wouldn't be Murphy's law if it had. :neutral:
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    To make up for the randomness of my last post, discussion question:
    What do you do when you hit a point where you run out of ideas or something similar to running out of ideas?

(Note: this is not me asking for myself as I have enough ideas :D )
  • Options
    What do you do when you hit a point where you run out of ideas or something similar to running out of ideas?

That's a good question. :) I tend to let the sims/characters decide for themselves what happens next. So, I play around with them - give them free scope to make their own decisions.

Other times, a bit like @DeiraShadeweaver said I watch movies, tv shows and read other books and simlit for more inspiration and ideas.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Like you, I'm definitely not short on ideas. When I'm just feeling stuck and need to get the creativity flowing, I use writing prompts! I have a small book of writing prompts that has everything from short sentences to full paragraphs to start off from. It rarely turns into anything my mind can run away with, but all I need is to get my pen moving across the page, or my fingers across the keyboard.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

Like you, I'm definitely not short on ideas. When I'm just feeling stuck and need to get the creativity flowing, I use writing prompts! I have a small book of writing prompts that has everything from short sentences to full paragraphs to start off from. It rarely turns into anything my mind can run away with, but all I need is to get my pen moving across the page, or my fingers across the keyboard.

Yeah, me too. Usually I have too many ideas, and need to focus on just a few. - which is why keeping them all in a small book is a good idea. :wink:
  • Options
    elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Anybody here min-maxing their sims? I've been thinking, is it better to lose 400 satisfaction point for sleep replacement, or losing simoleon and work progress for a vacation day.

I wonder about this type of thing a lot! Sometimes, if my Sim gets a cool invitation out, I'll buy the satisfaction points so they can go without passing out! But it's a tough decision when I'm saving up for something big, like Incredibly Friendly!

Incredibly friendly is definitely worth the saving up especially for sims with friend of the world aspiration.
    Anybody here min-maxing their sims? I've been thinking, is it better to lose 400 satisfaction point for sleep replacement, or losing simoleon and work progress for a vacation day.

I wonder about this type of thing a lot! Sometimes, if my Sim gets a cool invitation out, I'll buy the satisfaction points so they can go without passing out! But it's a tough decision when I'm saving up for something big, like Incredibly Friendly!

ui cheats allows you to drag needs back to green. then you don't need to use satisfaction points.

Shift click make sim happy is always a handy cheat too, hehe.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • Options
    Hello all! I need help picking a baby name!
    It's for my 100 baby challenge. It's a little girl, half human/half alien, and her name needs to start with a G.
    I can't decide between:
    Galaxy
    Galactic
    Gemini
    Ganymede
    Or any suggestions of space themed names that start with G would also be super appreciated!

Is Galilea a space theme? It's a female version of the physicist Galileo Galilei. I do love Ganymede though.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
  • Options

Sometimes I do have ideas but I just don't know how to deliver the idea. What I do? Well, I usually just stare at my blank text and seeing the screenshot back and forth. Sometimes the writing just comes by itself, like 5 hours later.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
  • Options

Sometimes I do have ideas but I just don't know how to deliver the idea. What I do? Well, I usually just stare at my blank text and seeing the screenshot back and forth. Sometimes the writing just comes by itself, like 5 hours later.

Funny that you mention this, because I'm in that exact predicament right now! I'm really stuck on how to write this chapter. And to make matters worse, I'm at work and can't flip through my screens for this chapter to inspire me. Oh well, I might have to wait until I get home. :(
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Funny that you mention this, because I'm in that exact predicament right now! I'm really stuck on how to write this chapter. And to make matters worse, I'm at work and can't flip through my screens for this chapter to inspire me. Oh well, I might have to wait until I get home. :(

your writing at work bad bad kar. lol.
  • Options

That's why I'm bad kar, right? >:) It's dead here anyway and my boss already left lol.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

That's why I'm bad kar, right? >:) It's dead here anyway and my boss already left lol.

sneaky kar. yes i meant about writing at work.lol.
  • Options
    i'm trying to think of ideas for a drama and totally failing. Not asking for plots - but any tips on how to get inspired, seeing as I can't use a Sims potion?

Sometimes I just play the game for awhile, @lilypadmeulin. If you need to, save it under a different name so it doesn't mess with story parameters. Also reading other stories helps me. And people watching. I generally carry a notebook with me everywhere.

I've tried Browse Art, Thoughtful Shower, View Inspired art, and even cloud gazing and none of them giving me any inspiration either so I doubt even if I have potion that I'll get inspired.

This made me smile, @elifdapeton. Thoughtful showers do sometimes work for me. Some of my best ideas come in the shower. :p

wait you mean theres things kass won't do? :)

sorry i couldn't help it . :)

@friendsfan367 :p Yes, I can't always get Kass to come up with something for me in game and therefore, I need to think on how to "stage" certain scenes in game.

FYI, you will probably like "said party crasher..." in this chapter I just posted. I bet you can guess who it is ... spoiler alert!!

that reminds me i have no idea which story my simself is in.
  • Options

well if your cathtea you just start a new story.

i'm only half kidding she once said that if she has multiple ideas she writes one then a little later starts the second sometimes third then just rotates through them.
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member

Often times when I run out of ideas I tend to try to get the creative juices flowing again by doing writing exercises. And writing prompts are my favorite way to promote creativity depending on the type of prompt it is.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

i'm only half kidding she once said that if she has multiple ideas she writes one then a little later starts the second sometimes third then just rotates through them.

This is actually literally true. In fact, when I first saw this question, that's the answer that came to my head. I'm in that spot now, where I've just finished a major arc in one story, and I've just started the next arc, but I can feel I need a bit of gestation time, so I'm thinking of flipping back to write Pen Pal and Wonder (have screenshots for a few chapters for each), while playing my dogacy (hat-tip to @friendsfan367 for the name!), so that the other story can sit for a while...

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited November 2017
    How could I describe the Monopoly board? (Note: Monopoly isn't in Caleb&Jack's and Lulu's world). I'm working a bit (I didn't last night) with my NaNoWriMo story
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

This is actually literally true. In fact, when I first saw this question, that's the answer that came to my head. I'm in that spot now, where I've just finished a major arc in one story, and I've just started the next arc, but I can feel I need a bit of gestation time, so I'm thinking of flipping back to write Pen Pal and Wonder (have screenshots for a few chapters for each), while playing my dogacy (hat-tip to @friendsfan367 for the name!), so that the other story can sit for a while...

and i knew what your answer to the question would be. oh and your welcome for the name.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    How could I describe the Monopoly board? (Note: Monopoly isn't in Caleb&Jack's and Lulu's world). I'm working a bit (I didn't last night) with my NaNoWriMo story

maybe you could do what you did before with the toys and find a picture and use that.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member

maybe you could do what you did before with the toys and find a picture and use that.

except I don't use the pictures IN the NANOWRIMO story.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    I want to change my wordpress theme for the 10th time. What is everyone's favorite theme? xD
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    I want to change my wordpress theme for the 10th time. What is everyone's favorite theme? xD

free.
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited November 2017

This may sound weird but since your readers will know what Monopoly is I don't think you need to describe it vividly. You could do something as simple as:

'They were playing something called Monopoly, a board game where the players try to bankrupt each other by buying up the most lucrative spaces on the map.'

Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Okay chapter 12 of my Ayer family is up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top