Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @PalmArrow Thanks, glad you were able to read about what you had missed. :) I thought that was clever of the cc creator to turn those rewards into dollhouses. :)

@Charlottesmom looks like someone got probed! :grin:

@Silverofdreams30 Great pic of Rose and Adelia together. ahh....Adam <3 At least with me playing supernaturals I can keep them young with either story or potions. :)
  • Options

The Baby

Autumn clutches her belly as another contraction grips her. She starts breathing the slow controlled breathing that she read about in the baby books. Rafe is wringing his hands and asking "what do I do, what do I do." It seems as if all he read in the books has flown out of his head. The contractions get stronger and come much faster, and Rafe starts coaching her with her breathing and massages her back in between contractions. With one last contraction baby Will is born, named after her father William. He looks like he has his Dad's dark hair and dark skin. (I peeked and he is going to be one handsome guy) He is artistic from Mom and brave from Dad. Autumn snuggles her new babe and then hands him to Rafe so he can start bonding with the baby. When he starts rooting around looking for food Rafe hands him back to Autumn so she can feed him as he is very hungry and sleepy after his birth. "You rest in the rocker with Will for a bit and I will go tell everyone."
    38370934941_9d8b7ef644_c.jpg
    38370934591_eb0c62df94_c.jpg
    38370934111_5e4fd31feb_c.jpg
    38370933561_e677900883_c.jpg
    38370929981_e03f1a8bb8_c.jpg

Rafe finds Victor at the bar where he is trying to master his mixolgy skill. He quickly tells him about the birth of his son and they named him Will. Victor is pleased with the name and that Autumn and baby are doing well. "She will be up after feeding the baby and resting for a few."
    He finds Gardenia in the back where she had been painting. Gardenia is very happy. "Just the one baby then, you know twins run in the Ballan family."
    Rafe gulps and tells her "we will leave twins to you and Victor."
    Gardenia laughs happily "It gets easier and easier each time though. I wonder if you would chat with Dylan. He is all enthralled about your history as a privateer and has lots of questions for you."
    "I would love to chat with him." The kids had been running in the yard playing tag and quickly came when Rafe called "ahoy me mateys, come along and hear some tales of wonder and plunder."
    38370933121_aaa09dbf2a_c.jpg
    38370932551_bbca623f42_c.jpg

Rafe chatted with Dylan and answered his many questions. The other kids were close by and listening avidly. It got darker and he loved telling tall tales so took out his flashlight and gathered everyone including the adults and teens to listen to his tales. He told a tale of sea monsters that attacked the ship and the brave pirates fighting the monsters not wanting to become food for the fishes or end up in Davy Jones Locker. The pirates were too much for the monsters and the monsters soon ended up at the bottom of the sea. Autumn and Will arrive as the story ends and everyone crowds around to see baby Will. It is late and school is tomorrow so everyone heads off to bed.
    38370932081_b4f9341fa5_c.jpg
    38370931651_c6b86e6546_c.jpg
    38370931191_28cf736600_c.jpg
    38370930371_7b1f42776a_c.jpg
    38370929531_8dc06b93a0_c.jpg

Autumn puts the baby in his basket and Rafe gives her a hungry kiss. They hold hands after loving and fall asleep spooned together both very happy with what the Fates brought into their lives.
    38370929061_379cc8a7ed_c.jpg
    26595298479_7b0299430c_c.jpg
    26595298139_92c433cd04_c.jpg
    38340379052_da907ce89b_c.jpg
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @bekkasan Congrats on baby William!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2017
    I thought I'd play a little Sims 3 this morning...

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929547/tech-troglodyte-vs-computer-accidentally-syncing-documents-folder-to-one-drive-not-good-idea/p1?new=1

Reminder to me: I love Sims 3, I love Sims 3, I love Sims 3, I love Sims 3, I love Sims 3, I love Sims 3, I love Sims 3, I love Sims 3...
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2017
    @PalmArrow I love the patterns you've used on Sandi's outfits.

@bekkasan so far both Oscar and Louise still have the eternally faithful moodlet. They think about it often.

When all the babies have aged to children or older I'll think about the next step with this game.

I like the sims in it so I might incorporate them into my big game.

If I'm not playing Oscar and Louise I might change their traits a little to keep them behaving when I'm not playing them - but so far neither of them has tried to do anything that could endanger their eternally faithful moodlet. They are on high free will.

Nice pictures of your game. I see a new baby and some dramatic ghost story pictures. Congratualtions.
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Oh my! You have something major going on with your game. Hope that everything gets to working for you again. I would be lost in trying to fix the problem myself. Fingers crossed that your game will be okay.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @bekkasan Congrats to the new baby! :D

@Silverofdreams30 Great update! Nice to have caught the girls together! :D

@Charlottesmom She's lucky, Mona, to get a nice car! :) It was my birthday the other weekend, and I was a little sad because my husband was away on a mission and I thought he had forgotten all about it. But guess what? I got my present this morning! A brand new SUV, and I'm so happy I almost want to sleep in the dang car! :) I told him he could forget lots of things, if he just catches up like this every time - but I admit it will be hard! ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Bree makeover teaser!

2u8v66d.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    OH MY GOD...my solution worked. ;D I can see my ccmerged folder in my launcher again. :D

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 2051 (cont.)

@LunBeauty Thanks for the nice comments :)

Page 2052

@bekkasan Thanks for the nice comments :)

@KevinL5275 It does seem odd that your sim's wife is his boss given their different tracks in the music career but does anything really make sense in the sims? As for being married to the boss, perhaps it has perks? ;)

@TKK3nta Good luck making your families. I always populate my own towns with sims of my own making or sims I have stolen from other towns that I like.
    I see that others have given you advice as to the realestate cheat.

Page 2053

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you :) It's easier to stay at home when you have a toddler in the family but I like to take them out.

@king_of_simcity7 I agree that it would be nice to have the blow a kiss interaction for all sims.
    Thanks for the comments :)
    The Britannia Hotel looks great and I like the Union Jack floor.

@coco The house is not that large but the living area is. It's the house that is on the corner, next door to the Wainwrights when you start a new save. I gutted the central courtyard to open up the living area and saved it to my library years ago because it's easy to take pics in it :)
    Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I remember you saying you played netball. It got pretty hot here yesterday. I think it was only about 30 in Melbourne but my suburb, north of Melbourne, got to 34. It's always a few degrees hotter where I live. Today will be a stinker because it's due to be 34 in Melbourne, meaning I might get close to 40.

@Karritz Good thing Oscar and Louise have nannies! Quads! :o Good luck! I don't envy you all that toddler training!
    The triplets look great as kids :)

@bekkasan Good Lord! I would have been shouting too! My husband often laughed at me when I screamed or cheered at my sims. Now my son has got the job ;)

@LunBeauty I can't even select the boys let alone tell them what to do. Jensen is irresistible so he will be bothered by other sims whenever he is out. I don't mind when it is a resident but those NPCs make my "total annihilation" trigger finger itch! ;)
    Thanks for the nice comments :)

@PalmArrow Yes, there is a pattern as well as a naming theme ;) I have no idea how many kids they will have as they are unselectable and do what they want. I can "herd" them to a certain degree by having them called to meals or having Mikezumi or one of the kids interact with them but otherwise I just have to sit back and watch.
    Thanks for the nice comments :)

@jillbg I remember when my boy was small having to crawl through those pipes at McDonalds to get him out when he didn't want to go home. Fortunately I am a small woman but it wasn't fun!
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I can just see my dad right now... "You wasted one hour on a game trying to get it to work, My God, man, are you 12? WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE!!!?"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    I was playing Sims 3 island paradise and when my Sims were sleeping I heard a gun shot in the Sims 3
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    Page 2054

@Charlottesmom Sorry you lost all that typing :( Was it on your iPad?
    Beckah isn't grumpy. It's random when they react like that to the spring rider.
    From memory, Thomas looks pretty much like Connor. I will share a pic when he is bigger.
    I think I saw the pics of the cinnamon challenge before.

@bekkasan The grotto looks like the perfect place for a bit of loving :)
    LOL at Autumn drinking tea in her birthday suit! I would want clothes on in case of a spill ;)
    Wow! Great toys for the kids :)
    I think naming kids for parents is a lovely idea. I named my boy after my deceased dad :)
    Yep, no amount of massaging is gonna take that pain away! :p

@blazerntq Congrats on getting your game working. Good luck finding time to play :)

@Silverofdreams30 Great update :)

@SunshineEmma Sorry you are feeling poorly. I hope you feel better soon and that the results are good.

@PalmArrow Sandi looks great! I particularly like her outerwear :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Page 2055

@Charlottesmom Well, I guess I will have to wait for the abduction to be worked into your story! Congrats on the alien pregnancy :)
    CL's shirt looks great!

@Silverofdreams30 Great update! Adam looks good so I don't blame you for not wanting him to age up yet.

@bekkasan I wish they could get massages while in labor! Not that my husband was much help when I was giving birth but it would be nice if they could interact.
    Congrats on the birth of Will :)
    Loved how you used the ghost story! What kid doesn't like stories about sea monsters and pirates?
    I know they will love parenthood :)

@Nikkei_Simmer I disabled One Drive when I got this laptop. I am old and paranoid and don't like stuff floating around out there.

@jillbg The teaser looks fun! Let me know when your video is ready :)
  • Options
    @blazerntq Thanks :)

@Nikkei_Simmer You kinda lost me at one drive, yep I followed the link....but I kinda get that things got really messed up....so sorry! :::hugs::: Congrats on fixing it! I typed the other before I saw you had fixed it, so hugs anyways for the frustration.

@Karritz Thanks, you should read it when you have time. I think it is a fun story. :)

@jillbg Thanks. :) Love your teaser shot.

@Mikezumi Thanks for the comments. I didn't put much clothes on her. That preggers tummy is just so cute. That would be nice if we could do massages during labor. I looked at some of the poses, but didn't see anything that I couldn't really all ready do in game, and I didn't want the stirrup stuff. I like the magic of it. Wish it had been that easy for me when my boy was born.
    At least you know what a one drive is...he lost me there. :)
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited November 2017
    Basically didn't have a Sunday due to horrible vertigo. :/ slept most of the day. Finally got good meds in me today but still not 100%
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    @bekkasan Congrats to the new baby! :D

@Silverofdreams30 Great update! Nice to have caught the girls together! :D

@Charlottesmom She's lucky, Mona, to get a nice car! :) It was my birthday the other weekend, and I was a little sad because my husband was away on a mission and I thought he had forgotten all about it. But guess what? I got my present this morning! A brand new SUV, and I'm so happy I almost want to sleep in the dang car! :) I told him he could forget lots of things, if he just catches up like this every time - but I admit it will be hard! ;)

@jillbg , My next "car" will be a huge truck with a plow! I'm heavily into Toyota and I want one I need a stepladder to get into (not a hard task as I'm only 5'3")! I'm sick of my mommy van Sienna. Though my husband seems to think I'll do mock 90 up the driveway taking out lampposts left and right so he doesn't want to get me a plow.. :s . Congrats on your new SUV, getting a new vehicle is always awesome!! ;)

@bekkasan , Yup he got the major probing (I almost wrote down his name!)...I'm going to feed him apples and see if he has a boy which would work into the story better.

@Mikezumi , Believe it or not it was on my dang laptop! I'm wonderful with pressing buttong that do bad bad things. I did redo and added another page so it was all good. :smiley:

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    @mikezumi and @bekkasan Thanks! :D It'll be up this weekend. I just found the song to go with the pics, and I want to include Sloppy Sandi too...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I hope you'll get your Toyota - I love big cars too! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    Basically didn't have a Sunday due to horrible vertigo. :/ slept most of the day. Finally got good meds in me today but still not 100%

Hope you'll be feeling better soon, @Emily4331
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer You kinda lost me at one drive, yep I followed the link....but I kinda get that things got really messed up....so sorry! :::hugs::: Congrats on fixing it! I typed the other before I saw you had fixed it, so hugs anyways for the frustration.

Right now I'm kinda feeling like THIS:

CavemanSolveComputerProgram.jpg
    Yes...I'm the "Techno-Caveman"... Me like Sims 3...That's why me fix computer... Last three computers, hit with rock.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Mikezumi since I've started using CC skins I've noticed the babies inherit their skin from a parent. I'm not sure if it would be possible to blend a pair of different CC Skins though. I don't know how skins are made.

I have also had babies inherit beauty spots. I don't remember seeing them inherit freckles - but is should be possible if the beauty spot can be inherited.

This toddler inherited his beauty spot from his mother

Barry011.jpg

They are in my big game so I get to play them from time to time. I think he's still a toddler as I haven't finished with his toddler generation yet.

@ShojoDagger nice find of The Sims disk. I have the complete set of disks and am wondering if I should try to install them onto Windows 10. I haven't tried yet. I did try them on Windows 7 but it was a sad story and I never got to play them. I think I'd miss my old The Sims family as I only ever made one household that I played a lot. I also played a few of the households that came with the game.

@Nikkei_Simmer that's a great shot of your son on the ice. I hope his health problems are under control now.

I've spent weeks at a time on several occasions over the years to get this game working. It was surprisingly easy to install it all from disk. The last couple of times I've installed the game I used mostly digital downloads and that took hours. I've now realised how much easier and faster and less stressful it is to use the disks.

I'm glad you got your ccmerged file back. That one is important.

@king_of_simcity7 thanks for the comment. I was enjoying looking at your hotel pictures.

@blazerntq thanks. I fully gave Alex and Alice new wardrobes when I made them over, but I liked the everyday outfit Phoebe got and kept it. It was something I'd have never found and put together so I left that outfit alone on her. She has a very individual look compared to Alex and Alice who both take after their father. That is Phoebe's Imaginary Friend who has come out to play. I don't usually let that happen but decided to go along with it this time.

@PalmArrow thanks. I like that sweater too. There are two versions of it from the greenhouse venue and I try to remember to use them. One of the other household members has the other one as part of their outerwear.

Nice pics of Sandi made over.

I went to get those tweed patterns you linked to. I had a quick look at her studio. The seqins are amazing. I downloaded a few of them too then saved the link to her studio so I could go back later and get some more. I clicked through about 10 pages of sequins on her studio.

Knowing me, it is highly unlikely I'll ever install them though. I have such a lot of CC downloaded just in case but it has never been used. I do have about 3 GB installed so I do have to think about that when I try to install more.

@Charlottesmom thanks - I'm glad you enjoyed the video even if it was very dark. The next one is in the Landgraab mansion - looking for documents or something in the library I think. It shouldn't be down in the underworld so you should be safe with it.

This is what happened to Alex when he glitched badly while trying to age up. He ended up looking pretty but nothing like he would have looked if he'd aged up properly.

Broken_Alex1.jpg

Broken_Alex2.jpg

Broken_Alex3.jpg

Broken_Alex4.jpg

When @Mikeaumi mentioned the problem I wrote down all of Oscar and Louise's facial slider positions and tried Play with Genetics on him. I kept the second attempt but it turned out he had become a clone of his mother. I fixed his hair colour and then gave him his father's lips as I'd noticed he had them when a toddler. It helped having his parents' slider positions written down. I'll keep that and refer to it again if I need to. Since there are going to be at least 15 babies for that couple it is likely I'll have a need for it again at some stage.

I think Alex looks much stronger as a sim since I fixed him.

Congratulations on the alien baby. It took me about 3 years to get my first alien baby and have had three more since then. I got lulled into a false sence of security thinking those things didn't happen in my game because they never did. But then they started to happen. Fun. Keep watching Isla Paradiso Bunch videos and what goes on in some of the vacation houses they buy. :)

I know your boys are much younger than mine (they are in their early 40s now) and mine still seem to require support so I'm kept busy in spite of my efforts to get on with doing my own thing.

@jillbg and @blazerntq when my eldest son started school I decided to be the dutiful parent and tried to help him with his homework. He shouted at me - "It's MY homework - GET" so I got away from him and left him to it. He managed to get through school without much help from me. The other one on the other hand did require some assistance occasionally and didn't object to me providing it.

@SunshineEmma I hope you feel better soon.

@jillbg congratulations on the new car.

@Mikezumi thanks. I think there are more quads on the way. I may need to add another nanny - if I really wanted to have trouble in the nursery I could add a male nanny next time. I'll think about it. >:) I'm sure Louise would show her true colours then too and she would be giving Oscar plenty to think about. o:)

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Karritz wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer that's a great shot of your son on the ice. I hope his health problems are under control now.

I've spent weeks at a time on several occasions over the years to get this game working. It was surprisingly easy to install it all from disk. The last couple of times I've installed the game I used mostly digital downloads and that took hours. I've now realised how much easier and faster and less stressful it is to use the disks.

I'm glad you got your ccmerged file back. That one is important.

Luckily I didn't have to reinstall the whole game. I just had to port my Documents folder over to Desktop, then when I had figured out the synching problem (remapping all the paths to my folders) and got rid of One Drive and rebooted the computer, I just ported the Documents folder back its original place in the My Computer folder and voila, the game started working again and reading the ccmerged.package file again and all my Sims3packs in the launcher started showing up again.

I'm still a techno-troglodyte - though with my love for Sims 3, I've learned more about computers in this year than I'd ever wanted to learn. But anything to keep playing Sims 3. :D

My first exclamation this morning was: "Fer Cripes Sakes...I'm 47...my brain isn't facile enough to figure this out..." my next thought was. "But I'm going to get Sims 3 working again if that's the last thing I do!"

Caveman Obstinate. :D "Must play Sims 3...must resist urge to beat computer with boulder."
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Before I'm off to sleep here's an update to the Avesnes Aristocracy:

Even though he was surrounded by a lot of family members who all supported him, Ferdinand still felt lonely. He missed a companion with who he could share all his secrets. He missed someone he could hug when he felt sad or someone to celebrate with when he was happy about something. The thought of not being able to share his life with Erika anymore left a big black hole in his heart.
    That morning he randomly read the papers to distract himself from his thoughts. His eye fell on an advertisement from the local dog shelter, where they were dealing with a shortage of space for all the new abandoned dogs coming in. The ad was a desperate call to the people of Riverview to adopt a dog from the shelter. Ferdinand, who had always been an animal lover, didn’t have to think long about this! He immediately gave the shelter a call and decided to adopt a small female puppy named Angel.

Just a few hours later, the shelter dropped off the newest family member! She was a mutt, it was not clear anymore what breed she consisted off. She looked extremely happy to finally have a real home!
    “Hello there little girl, welcome to the Avesnes household. Don’t you worry, I’m sure everyone here will spoil you! You’re going to have a great life,” Ferdinand welcomed his new best friend, as he picked her up gently and petted her. Angel wasn’t fearful at all and gladly accepted Ferdinand’s gentle hand. For the first time since Erika had dumped him, Ferdinand was able to smile! He was going to make sure Angel would be the best dog in the entire world. He was looking forward to teaching the little pup all kinds of stuff!

Desktop_Screenshot_2017.11.13_-_15.40.07.40.png
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.11.13_-_15.34.24.25.png
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.11.13_-_15.48.41.83.png
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.11.13_-_15.46.59.77.png

At the age of 91 simdays old, death caught up to Billy and decided it was time for him to leave the world of the living and to join the afterlife. Sadly enough, it was only one day before Celeste’s young adult birthday and with that probably only a few days before her wedding with Herbert. If only he could’ve lived just a little longer he could at least have witnessed his first child getting married… but death showed no mercy.
    “Please, sir Grim. My oldest daughter will soon be marrying her prince and I need to be there to give her away! Please just give me a few more days, we can rush the wedding, no worries!” Billy begged to the Grim. Both Josie and Justine were in the room to witness the terrible scene. Though Justine wasn’t the kind of person to show a lot of emotion, she couldn’t hold back her tears. She wasn’t ready yet to say goodbye to her husband! And most of all, Billy dying meant that it would very soon be her turn as well! Their children weren’t ready yet to live on this world by themselves. Especially not after what happened to Ferdinand. They needed more guidance! They needed their mom AND their dad!
    But Grim wouldn’t listen to Billy’s pledges and reaped his ghost. From one moment to the next, Billy was gone. He was nothing but a grave now, a place to honor his memory.
    They gave him a nice spot in the backyard, though the family would probably eventually buy a plot to have a private graveyard for the Avesnes bloodline. For now, they kept Billy close.
    Josie, Justine and Ferdinand spent the late afternoon mourning his death, while the teens were unaware of what had happened. They had been at school and were now preparing for prom at their friends houses. Justine hadn’t called them. She didn’t want to ruin their night with this horrible news…

Desktop_Screenshot_2017.11.13_-_16.09.48.86.png
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.11.13_-_16.11.53.42.png
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.11.13_-_16.17.10.81.png
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.11.13_-_16.19.24.98.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top