Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Kiwi_MonaKiwi_Mona Posts: 5 New Member
    I have recently found out (due to a happy accident with my cat and keyboard) while in build mode that:

a) by using < > and/or , . depending on your keyboard layout/language I believe you will rotate floor pattern you are about to put down
    b) pressing G while in build mode gets rid of the sometimes pesky grid :)
    c) CTRL + F toggles on and off diagonal shape floor tile thanks to one of my friends
  • Options
    SimbitiousSimbitious Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel really stupid but after playing the Sims 4 since it came out I just recently found out that you can fill your sims needs just by clicking on the icon next to it....
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    So, my sim went up to her computer and started talking to no one. I Looked at her queue and it said "Talking with friends...". Is this something insane sims can do, cause she had the insane trait.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    So, my sim went up to her computer and started talking to no one. I Looked at her queue and it said "Talking with friends...". Is this something insane sims can do, cause she had the insane trait.

Yes, insane Sims will talk to a wide variety of inanimate objects!
  • Options

Ah. That's pretty funny :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member

If you listen closely, after they finish 'talking' there is a sound effect, it's like the 'friend' is leaving.

Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member

You hear about my sim CeeCee before in Happy Play? She always has conversations with "Mr. Chair" and store mannequins. XD
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member

One of my favorite sims, insane and completely inappropriate Diamond Dan Cole, has a basement full of mannequins he regularly chats up and dances with.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    simm621 wrote: »

If you listen closely, after they finish 'talking' there is a sound effect, it's like the 'friend' is leaving.

Really!? Omg I've never heard it! I need an insane sim now!
  • Options
    Omg, everyone's talking about their insane sims talking to mannequins. That's just amazing :D

Anyways, have you ever wanted to use the roofing as a floor, but didn't want it to automatically fill the entire room? You can use them like normal flooring if you enable showhiddenobjects.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Did you guys know, that your Sim can talk to their plants? I think you have to be at a certain level for that, I really wasn't paying attention. But I did notice that the social meter went from red, to slowly into the yellow, then finally into the green. And if you have your Sim volunteer, that's socializing too. :smile:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Did you guys know, that your Sim can talk to their plants? I think you have to be at a certain level for that, I really wasn't paying attention. But I did notice that the social meter went from red, to slowly into the yellow, then finally into the green. And if you have your Sim volunteer, that's socializing too. :smile:

Hello :)
    Your Sims can talk to plants when they reach level 4 in gardening.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    OK! Thank you rosemow!
  • Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    edited November 2017
    Just discovered that my Sim can cook Angry Flaming Spaghetti when he is angry :smile:
    They are ordinary spaghetti, just...in flames :smile:
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

Speaking of plants, sad Sims can water them with tears ;)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Just discovered that my Sim can cook Angry Flaming Spaghetti when he is angry :smile:
    They are ordinary spaghetti, just...in flames :smile:

That spaghetti also makes sims Angry, if they weren't Angry to begin with.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just learned that reading the Book of Life will fill some of the needs of a vampire (hygiene, fun, and social) but not thirst and vampire energy.
  • Options
    kittykateyeskittykateyes Posts: 41 Member
    theres a good bit of these i didnt know i also didnt know until a few weeks ago on sims 4 you can have a guy but make it so he can have kids
  • Options
    haydub07haydub07 Posts: 84 Member
    Simbitious wrote: »
    I feel really plum but after playing the Sims 4 since it came out I just recently found out that you can fill your sims needs just by clicking on the icon next to it....

If you're talking about the 'auto-solve' needs thing, then I just found out about it too haha, I can't believe it took so long.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Is this new, or have I just been really unobservant?!

iA0QcZR.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member

iA0QcZR.png

I haven't seen that option before either, so I think so :o
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

iA0QcZR.png

That is definitely new!
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    The colour of the laser pointer, when playing with cats, turns different colours depending on the sim's mood.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    There are dirt spots you can dig around the world now, besides the typical rocks.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    (at least for cats) Pets may become angry after your Sim scolded them. But then there is a special interaction to calm them down again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top