Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WOW Brindleton Bay!

Comments

• Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    Explore what. is a good question....unless you are looking to dig for minerals or collect something, there's not much to do out there in no-man's land. All you can do is look out on a backdrop you can't travel to or build in.

That's basically how it was in TS3, just go collect stuff. Of course you could also place a lot and build on it. TS4 just seems confining. I get so frustrated that it's not open world especially since it looks so beautiful.

I don't understand that at all? The entire neighborhood is your backyard TS4! You can do anything in the space outside your home, and here is some of it: Fish; go to a pretty place with or without a bench with someone to chat, make out or propose; have a barbecue with friends and family; play on a playground; jog; play fetch with your dog; woohoo; have a bonfire get together; eat food you bought from a nearby stall; play basketball; have a wedding; camp with a tent... Do you get what I'm saying? In places like Windenburg and Brindleton Bay, of course there are backdrops in the distance, but so much of the space around you is space you can access, walk around, and do all of the above in. For example, look at the Windenburg island, It's all space you can walk around and do stuff in. It has no inacessible backdrop space. There are lots of neighborhoods like this.

Well, that's just it. In TS4, the entire neighborhood is your backyard; in TS3, the whole world was your backyard. Honestly, I think it's just the loading screens that put me off. :) I'm still playing TS4 though, so there are obviously things to keep me entertained.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    For anybody interested, here are the premades:
    1. Hecking household: Brent and Brant and their French bulldog Rosie
    2. Delgato household: Supriya and Justin with their children Pierce and Eve, as well as Cassidy a poodle and Bartholomew the cat
    3. Lynx household: Catharina and her three cats (forgot their names except for Josi)
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Another world to start up another Legacy. :D
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    Loved the world so much!!! while I've never been really drawn to pets, though they look adorable. I can't wait to play this EP ( after a sale because I can't justify $40 for just a world).

I already know I'm having my favorite sim move to Whiskerman’s Wharf.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Yay! another town with the sea! <3 I wonder if we will have a sims 4 sailing EP in the future or an EP with sailing in it like on sims 3?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    Yay! another town with the sea! <3 I wonder if we will have a sims 4 sailing EP in the future or an EP with sailing in it like on sims 3?

Next thing sea related will probably be a Tropical Destination Gamepack and I hope sims can swim in the ocean when it comes out.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure they could do that in The Sims 2... I think. It's been a while since I played the sims 2, so I could be wrong. XD But yeah, I agree it would be cool if they could. A Tropical Destination pack sounds pretty awesome. I'd be up for more sandcastles!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Since the museum/yacht club on the island is not a special lot, I might try to cordon off an area for a club house for my rich sims from all the worlds. The Brindleton Bay Yacht Club. A place for them to get together and discuss how they run their worlds.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Since the museum/yacht club on the island is not a special lot, I might try to cordon off an area for a club house for my rich sims from all the worlds. The Brindleton Bay Yacht Club. A place for them to get together and discuss how they run their worlds.

Yay for the Island not being a special lot. Then I can use it for historical saves. Really looking forward to that, so happy that it is not locked as something specific.
  • Options
    I like the idea of the yacht club. What a great place to have family days out!
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    really hoping this red house gets uploaded to the gallery
    octagonal.png
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @Keffers -

The red building (on the hill) is actually a covered bridge. I saw it in a video yesterday.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @Keffers -

The red building (on the hill) is actually a covered bridge. I saw it in a video yesterday.

I believe they meant the big, red house in the middle of the picture.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    @Keffers -

That's pretty cool I didn't know that.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

Explore what? You don't have the interactions to 'stroll here' 'walk here', 'run here'. You will be passing a lot of land as your Sim runs to a far off distance (just like in WB) because you don't have the interaction to stroll or walk. And they all run if it's a long distance away. So, it seems a waste in some ways if you were wanting to stop and smell the roses along the way. ETA: Note the only walking a Sim will do is if they are walking a pet. Otherwise if you directed a Sim to 'go here' they are going to run.

No, the action is not in the game yet. Something I have been requesting for three years. All Sims run if it's a long distance, and we don't even have an actual command to 'run here', either. I bring up points others never think about because they have forgotten we have these actions in other games. (Walking will only be for walking pets).

Just set multiple waypoints along the path you want to go and they'll walk rather than run....problem solved.
    It's too bad they didn't have the budget to load the Sim on the boat and then CGI/cut scene to show the Sim crossing the water to the other side...like in Nancy Drew games or other adventure/stragtegy games with even smaller budgets.

You mean the type of cutscene that, after about the second time, has everyone either skipping or wishing there was a way to skip? That would have been a waste of resources.

Not all people skip cut scenes. And it would be much better to see the Sim actually climb into the boat at least that much before hitting the loading screen. Simulation is funny that way. If nothing is simulated I'm not sure you can call a game simulated. But no worries, I'm waiting on people to start complaining how far away they have to run to get to the boats before they can travel and demand modders to fix that and give them a transport toggle and skip the walk to the boat in the first place. I won't even have to hold my breath about it, the request will be made the first week, wait and see. (those who supposedly love simulation will be asking to remove simulation sort of complaint).

ETA: Or I'm sure Maxis telemetry will show them they skip the boats and hit the m key.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I am 100% SOLD! Brindelton Bay is really pretty! And I love the training area for your pets! Autumn trees?! Yay!
  • Options

lol, you mean they will stand or sit around and talk about how there should be yachts and they should at least be able to wade in water on the shore. Such wasted opportunities. And one of those fake boat portals should have been a yacht in my opinion. Or at least a small sail boat, along with a paddle boat etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member

lol, you mean they will stand or sit around and talk about how there should be yachts and they should at least be able to wade in water on the shore. Such wasted opportunities. And one of those fake boat portals should have been a yacht in my opinion. Or at least a small sail boat, along with a paddle boat etc.

In your game that is obviously how it would work, but I suspect @Dannydanbo can manage to bring their vision to life in their game. Why rain on their parade?
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Explore what. is a good question....unless you are looking to dig for minerals or collect something, there's not much to do out there in no-man's land. All you can do is look out on a backdrop you can't travel to or build in.

That's basically how it was in TS3, just go collect stuff. Of course you could also place a lot and build on it. TS4 just seems confining. I get so frustrated that it's not open world especially since it looks so beautiful.

I get so confused when I read comments about how confining TS4 is. My favorite feature since day one has been the fact that we can travel, live, and explore ALL of the worlds! Yes, there are limitations, but I hated in TS3 when I had to choose a world for my sims to live in and they were all but stuck there! I love that I can have families living in the Oasis Springs AND Brindleton Bay AND any other world. I can also move between them as easy as picking up the phone and don't have to worry about relationships.

I totally agree!! Sims 3 was more confining!! I love that I can freely bounce to any world in the same save with this game. It definitely is my favorite feature. I rediscovered the beauty of a spot in Oasis Springs yesterday where you can stand on a bridge above crisp blue water. It was lovely. I love Sims 4 worlds.
  • Options

In your game that is obviously how it would work, but I suspect @Dannydanbo can manage to bring their vision to life in their game. Why rain on their parade?

I'm not raining on his parade. I used 'pretend' a thousand times over in any of these games, but a town about a bay should have at least had one workable, playable boat...even if it is about cats and dogs. Even TS2 got a pirate ship to explore and 'pretend' and play on and explore complete with pirate ghost and a song. :D
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    BB is SO CUTE! I am in LOVE! ooo I can't wait until this EP gets released! 10 days guys, if I am correct! just 10 days!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    alan650111 wrote: »

I get so confused when I read comments about how confining TS4 is. My favorite feature since day one has been the fact that we can travel, live, and explore ALL of the worlds! Yes, there are limitations, but I hated in TS3 when I had to choose a world for my sims to live in and they were all but stuck there! I love that I can have families living in the Oasis Springs AND Brindleton Bay AND any other world. I can also move between them as easy as picking up the phone and don't have to worry about relationships.

I totally agree!! Sims 3 was more confining!! I love that I can freely bounce to any world in the same save with this game. It definitely is my favorite feature. I rediscovered the beauty of a spot in Oasis Springs yesterday where you can stand on a bridge above crisp blue water. It was lovely. I love Sims 4 worlds.

So, you really do love open world then? Because what you say and what you describe confirms you love open spaces and open world. It was the lag in loading on a machine that couldn't handle the loading times in TS3? Today, I can play TS3 with five EPs installed (I didn't like them all) and many store objects (hundreds) and much of my own patterns etc. (considered cc) and not suffer the lag because if I had this machine back when I was having a slow loading time, it would have been a great, great game in many ways. Roaring Heights is still a marvel. But I think I still love TwinBrook best of all the TS3 worlds whether in EPs or store.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

So, you really do love open world then? Because what you say and what you describe confirms you love open spaces and open world. It was the lag in loading on a machine that couldn't handle the loading times in TS3? Today, I can play TS3 with five EPs installed (I didn't like them all) and many store objects (hundreds) and much of my own patterns etc. (considered cc) and not suffer the lag because if I had this machine back when I was having a slow loading time, it would have been a great, great game in many ways. Roaring Heights is still a marvel. But I think I still love TwinBrook best of all the TS3 worlds whether in EPs or store.

I don't think you get what we are saying. For me at least I did like the open worlds but I hated being trapped in one world! My system handled it fine and I had all the EPs and even a couple of store worlds. My issue was if I played in Twindbrook I couldn't visit or live in Riverview. I bought Aurora Skies because I loved the Alaska feel to it, but again, I was trapped.

I would end up creating whole new games just because I wanted to live in a new world but then I'd miss the old worlds and there was always another new world. I am a generational player and couldn't get more than two or three generations because I wanted to spread out beyond my one world! To me this was the definition of confining!

With TS4 I've had my same family living in each of the worlds! I have some family members spread out and visit them often. If I want the feel of the desert I head to Oasis Springs for some fishing while planning a nice dinner out in San Myshuno before heading home to Willow Creek. This is why it feels more open and free to me. Being able to walk onto my neighbor's lawn isn't enough for me.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

I am glad all of the worlds are connected. I always wished I could connect the worlds in Sims 3.

What I find confining with Sims 4 worlds is the fact we cannot change the world outside of the given lots. Even in Sims 2 we were able to change the world to whatever we wanted plus add more lots and still have them all connected. I love the little sub-hoods and wish I could add small parks and outside children activities to them(sort of like the Goth neighborhood) so I don't have to load screen all the time.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 553 Member
    Yay for the Island not being a special lot. Then I can use it for historical saves. Really looking forward to that, so happy that it is not locked as something specific.

I was hoping to use the island for an old farmhouse for a loner sim of mine, but then I noticed there's a public bathroom building just behind the museum that's part of the world and won't be able to be removed :neutral: