Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WOW Brindleton Bay!

Comments

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I don't know why some of you say it's full of inaccessible places, I was surprised it gives you so much space to walk around and so many hidden pathways and nooks and crannies you can go to!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know why some of you say it's full of inaccessible places, I was surprised it gives you so much space to walk around and so many hidden pathways and nooks and crannies you can go to!

To do what?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

To do what?

To explore, to feel like a real world, to play with your pets. Personally I prefer worlds like this, I would rather have fewer lots with more space around them, it just suits how I play.

I'm really loving this world, already think it's my new favourite.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »

To do what?

To explore, to feel like a real world, to play with your pets. Personally I prefer worlds like this, I would rather have fewer lots with more space around them, it just suits how I play.

Jupp! I agree. I would much rather have interesting and detailed open areas to roam around in with a few good lots than a map crammed with lots and just a few trees around it. This is my kind of world, I am so happy :)
  • Options
    edited October 2017

To do what?

Explore what? You don't have the interactions to 'stroll here' 'walk here', 'run here'. You will be passing a lot of land as your Sim runs to a far off distance (just like in WB) because you don't have the interaction to stroll or walk. And they all run if it's a long distance away. So, it seems a waste in some ways if you were wanting to stop and smell the roses along the way. ETA: Note the only walking a Sim will do is if they are walking a pet. Otherwise if you directed a Sim to 'go here' they are going to run.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member

To do what?

Explore what? You don't have the interactions to 'stroll here' 'walk here', 'run here'. You will be passing a lot of land as your Sim runs to a far off distance (just like in WB) because you don't have the interaction to stroll or walk. And they all run if it's a long distance away. So, it seems a waste in some ways if you were wanting to stop and smell the roses along the way. ETA: Note the only walking a Sim will do is if they are walking a pet. Otherwise if you directed a Sim to 'go here' they are going to run.

Not sure what you mean, you can walk your dog so I'm pretty sure you can walk around those areas.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    kittymeow wrote: »

To do what?

Not sure what you mean, you can walk your dog so I'm pretty sure you can walk around those areas.

No, the action is not in the game yet. Something I have been requesting for three years. All Sims run if it's a long distance, and we don't even have an actual command to 'run here', either. I bring up points others never think about because they have forgotten we have these actions in other games. (Walking will only be for walking pets).
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I love that we can interact with birds & boats even if it's just teleportation with boats!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I love that we can interact with birds & boats even if it's just teleportation with boats!

It's too bad they didn't have the budget to load the Sim on the boat and then CGI/cut scene to show the Sim crossing the water to the other side...like in Nancy Drew games or other adventure/stragtegy games with even smaller budgets.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

To do what?

So exploring can only be done while walking and not when jogging? I disagree with that. I find it relaxing to travel with my sim to a nice area and go for a jog, I set the camera to follow my sim and take a few sips of tea while they run. You can also just walk, click where you want your sim to go and they do that, exploring.

Edit: any MMO or game I have played have involved my character jogging around in areas. Sometimes with followers or a backpack full of weapons. Move around the map to see the areas. I jogged around in Skyrim and that worked fine.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

To do what?

So exploring can only be done while walking and not when jogging? I disagree with that. I find it relaxing to travel with my sim to a nice area and go for a jog, I set the camera to follow my sim and take a few sips of tea while they run. You can also just walk, click where you want your sim to go and they do that, exploring.

Sorry, you missed the point. Send here is a running animation in this game and always has been in TS4. And not all players want joggers. ETA: They even run down to the water in WC if you make them live next to the library, they hardly ever just walk anywhere..they mostly run.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well I have to admit the world looks stunning.

I am not planning on getting it until maybe a sale. I find the Vet "business" disappointing. I wanted Vet to be added as an active career with the option on owning your own animal hospital. I personally wanted to explore this as a career not a business. I find running a business in this game to be messy with cullings, potentially losing employees or the employees dying on the job.

The cats and dogs seem to have decent interactions but is it worthy a whole expansion? I don't know.
  • Options

To do what?

Sorry, you missed the point. Send here is a running animation in this game and always has been in TS4. And not all players want joggers. ETA: They even run down to the water in WC if you make them live next to the library, they hardly ever just walk anywhere..they mostly run.

I just reacted to your statement

Explore what? You don't have the interactions to 'stroll here' 'walk here', 'run here'.

I just don't see how the mode of movement makes it not being exploring. Sometimes I click a short distance away of I want to look around more in the near area. If you prefer to have a character walking everywhere that is just fine and I can understand that. It is the part of it not being exploring that really puzzles me. Then I am an active person who doesn't have a car and jogg where I need to go if I get the chance for me it feels natural. Especially with all my played characters jogging around as well.

No worries, I guess it comes down to personal preferences and we seem to like different things.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    Explore what. is a good question....unless you are looking to dig for minerals or collect something, there's not much to do out there in no-man's land. All you can do is look out on a backdrop you can't travel to or build in.

That's basically how it was in TS3, just go collect stuff. Of course you could also place a lot and build on it. TS4 just seems confining. I get so frustrated that it's not open world especially since it looks so beautiful.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    Explore what. is a good question....unless you are looking to dig for minerals or collect something, there's not much to do out there in no-man's land. All you can do is look out on a backdrop you can't travel to or build in.

That's basically how it was in TS3, just go collect stuff. Of course you could also place a lot and build on it. TS4 just seems confining. I get so frustrated that it's not open world especially since it looks so beautiful.

I get so confused when I read comments about how confining TS4 is. My favorite feature since day one has been the fact that we can travel, live, and explore ALL of the worlds! Yes, there are limitations, but I hated in TS3 when I had to choose a world for my sims to live in and they were all but stuck there! I love that I can have families living in the Oasis Springs AND Brindleton Bay AND any other world. I can also move between them as easy as picking up the phone and don't have to worry about relationships.

Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017
    It looks very pretty and full of character. But also small and full of backdrops, fx, and non accessible places.

Thats pretty much the case with all the worlds in this game though lol. I kind of like that too as the games performance is amazing yet the worlds are super pretty. Win, win really.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited October 2017

I don't understand that at all? The entire neighborhood is your backyard TS4! You can do anything in the space outside your home, and here is some of it: Fish; go to a pretty place with or without a bench with someone to chat, make out or propose; have a barbecue with friends and family; play on a playground; jog; play fetch with your dog; woohoo; have a bonfire get together; eat food you bought from a nearby stall; play basketball; have a wedding; camp with a tent... Do you get what I'm saying? In places like Windenburg and Brindleton Bay, of course there are backdrops in the distance, but so much of the space around you is space you can access, walk around, and do all of the above in. For example, look at the Windenburg island, It's all space you can walk around and do stuff in. It has no inacessible backdrop space. There are lots of neighborhoods like this.
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I want this expansion just for the world. I love the setting, the design looks gorgeous. It's more than enough lots for me and the neighborhoods look interesting, varied, and spacious which is what I love most in my sim neighborhoods.

So happy about this world, and the autumn seaside town is just my ideal setting. Super thrilled!
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I'm excited for the world and the pets, I just want a real life fast forward button so I can make the pack come sooner. :P
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    While I have a few minor reservations with the lack I have to agree that Brindleton Bay is aesthetically stunning! They've done a really good job at making it really atmospheric and pretty. Can't wait to explore it :)
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Well, I loved WB, but didn't need another one. I was hoping for more weather beaten siding, doors, windows etc. HolySimoly created some of those things for TS2 and I was hoping since this is a bay town they would add that sort of thing to the doors, windows, siding of these houses, the ocean is no friend to houses.

http://archive.tehsims.com/mirror/HolySimoly/www.holysimoly.com/index143a.html?go=home.objects&C

Are you even going to buy this pack? Have you seen anything that you like?

No, but since I bought most of everything else I can give my opinion. Not until they fix Origin and all it's bugs. I loved WB, it is my favorite world in all the games...that says a lot don't you think? But I'm holding out until they fix Origin and give builders the tools they need (and I am a builder on some level/ scale).

What's wrong with origin in your game? I hate origin but I have it working so I may be able to help you. No guarantees I can help but I can try.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I saw XurbansimsX's youtube video of it and tbh I am really feeling it!! It's super pretty and I think I would like playing there, even though those downtown buildings unfortunately aren't playable I love the vibe they bring to the town! The beach and the little touches they did are 10/10 from what I can see. Still a little annoyed but the small amount of lots but the pros are deffo outdoing the cons :D
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Beautiful. Reminds me of my favorite Sims 3 world. <3

That's the impression I got as well. It was as detailed as some of the custom worlds that I download for TS3. The only part that fails for me is the part that they call the square looks like a downtown area, but it really isn't. It's a few lots and a bunch of fake stores. I wish that area would have been full of side-by-side narrow lots for me to fill with businesses and small apartments till my heart's content.

Oh well. It's a beautiful world, though. They did a really nice job.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member

I get so confused when I read comments about how confining TS4 is. My favorite feature since day one has been the fact that we can travel, live, and explore ALL of the worlds! Yes, there are limitations, but I hated in TS3 when I had to choose a world for my sims to live in and they were all but stuck there! I love that I can have families living in the Oasis Springs AND Brindleton Bay AND any other world. I can also move between them as easy as picking up the phone and don't have to worry about relationships.

It always amazes me when people say TS4 doesn'tfeel confining to them, just because I think it IS so confining, so obviously that boils down to a matter of opinion or taste.

However, I completely understand what you are saying regarding the fact that you can travel back and forth between worlds with no problem. I was perfectly happy with the size of the worlds in TS3 and never really wanted to travel back & forth; now that we have that feature, I super love it.

Perhaps it's just the loading screen that makes me feel confined? Or the fact that I can't actually watch my Sim traveling from point A to point B?

Either way, I think BB is a beautiful world and am looking foward to building some great lots for it.

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

No, the action is not in the game yet. Something I have been requesting for three years. All Sims run if it's a long distance, and we don't even have an actual command to 'run here', either. I bring up points others never think about because they have forgotten we have these actions in other games. (Walking will only be for walking pets).

Just set multiple waypoints along the path you want to go and they'll walk rather than run....problem solved.
    It's too bad they didn't have the budget to load the Sim on the boat and then CGI/cut scene to show the Sim crossing the water to the other side...like in Nancy Drew games or other adventure/stragtegy games with even smaller budgets.

You mean the type of cutscene that, after about the second time, has everyone either skipping or wishing there was a way to skip? That would have been a waste of resources.