Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WOW Brindleton Bay!

I LOVE this town! It is amazing!! I can't wait to get the game for the town alone! I'm sold at this point...beautiful..reminds me of Shelter Island Ny or the Hamptons.

Comments

• Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I am really pleased with the world, its beautiful and very detailed
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    No, not sold. It is very much similar to WB, a lot of space not enough houses. From the footage I saw so far, it's sort of WB 2.0. (one house beside the lighthouse, that area could have contained at least two more).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I absolutely LOVE this town! It captures so many flavors of New England, including thick forest areas and waterfalls! WATERFALLS!! The docks, the beaches, the maritime feel, and one of my favorite things ever....the hidden GRAVEYARD! :o (Probably not a lot type of its own, but I'm SO glad it's in the world!)

I cannot wait to change some of these lots and spooky up this town a little more! BB will be the perfect "Forgotten Hollow part 2 - the Vampire Takeover". >:)

Move over Windenburg, Brindleton Bay is here! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    agree this's gotta be one a my favorite worlds
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Beautiful. Reminds me of my favorite Sims 3 world. <3
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    i found it absolutely lovely! cannot wait to play in it.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I absolutely LOVE BB! So much of it is spot on for me. I can't wait to move my sims in and explore every inch of it for myself!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Well, I loved WB, but didn't need another one. I was hoping for more weather beaten siding, doors, windows etc. HolySimoly created some of those things for TS2 and I was hoping since this is a bay town they would add that sort of thing to the doors, windows, siding of these houses, the ocean is no friend to houses.

http://archive.tehsims.com/mirror/HolySimoly/www.holysimoly.com/index143a.html?go=home.objects&C
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Well, I loved WB, but didn't need another one. I was hoping for more weather beaten siding, doors, windows etc. HolySimoly created some of those things for TS2 and I was hoping since this is a bay town they would add that sort of thing to the doors, windows, siding of these houses, the ocean is no friend to houses.

http://archive.tehsims.com/mirror/HolySimoly/www.holysimoly.com/index143a.html?go=home.objects&C

Are you even going to buy this pack? Have you seen anything that you like?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Simulator4 wrote: »

No, but since I bought most of everything else I can give my opinion. Not until they fix Origin and all it's bugs. I loved WB, it is my favorite world in all the games...that says a lot don't you think? But I'm holding out until they fix Origin and give builders the tools they need (and I am a builder on some level/ scale).
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I just watched English Simmers gameplay, it looks absolutely beautiful! My favourite world yet even though I only saw a few parts of it. I don't think it's anything like Windenburg.
  • Options
    NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    Very excited to get this expansion pack! I wonder how I can get puppies and kittens if there are no kennels though... guess I’ll have to wait until release
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    From what i have seen it looks amazing! Cant wait to see more in todays info drop! I hope it doesnt take too long for us console players to get the Ep.
  • Options
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I just watched English Simmers gameplay, it looks absolutely beautiful! My favourite world yet even though I only saw a few parts of it. I don't think it's anything like Windenburg.

Sure it is, long distances between lots is similar to WB, which players were begging for a more 'open-world' feel to a world and it seems this world also offers that sort of ambience. Very few houses near each other and a lot more backdrop and a lot more places they can't enter.
  • Options
    umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »

yeah its not much like wb from what ive seen either but i love both wb an bb each in there own respects [both are beautiful an diffrent]
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member

No, but since I bought most of everything else I can give my opinion. Not until they fix Origin and all it's bugs. I loved WB, it is my favorite world in all the games...that says a lot don't you think? But I'm holding out until they fix Origin and give builders the tools they need (and I am a builder on some level/ scale).

We're talking about pets. You seem to be going into every thread and highlighting what's a negative for you so I was just curious if you saw anything you liked.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

We're talking about pets. You seem to be going into every thread and highlighting what's a negative for you so I was just curious if you saw anything you liked.

Sure, I like some of the world. I saw they added FX to the waves where the current rushes up and beats the rocks and splashes upward onto the rocks, which is more believable than WB. Which it doesn't do that in WB's ocean and that is a plus+. I might have spotted some old beaten down siding on one building but not sure, the player zoomed away to show something else. lol I love animals irl, not sure I want to buy them a fourth time. It would have to knock my socks off to buy it for a fourth time.
  • Options
    sheronparrissheronparris Posts: 64 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I cannot wait to change some of these lots and spooky up this town a little more! BB will be the perfect "Forgotten Hollow part 2 - the Vampire Takeover". >:)

You've just given me an excellent idea! >;) Ahh I know what I'm going to do for my BB. Make Forgotten Hollow (or in my world the Dark World 2) but expand it more and give the town a decidedly coastal, decaying feel with some funky, creepy pets. Ahhh I'm doubly excited now!
  • Options

You've just given me an excellent idea! >;) Ahh I know what I'm going to do for my BB. Make Forgotten Hollow (or in my world the Dark World 2) but expand it more and give the town a decidedly coastal, decaying feel with some funky, creepy pets. Ahhh I'm doubly excited now!

If I got this I would turn into a haunted pirate town...argh, Davy Jones awaits you, don't walk too close to the water. lol Too bad we don't have really mean ghosts.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Melton23 wrote: »
    Very excited to get this expansion pack! I wonder how I can get puppies and kittens if there are no kennels though... guess I’ll have to wait until release

i'm confused. kennels and puppies? you mean like a doghouse for the two dogs to woohoo?
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It looks very pretty and full of character. But also small and full of backdrops, fx, and non accessible places.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    It looks very pretty and full of character. But also small and full of backdrops, fx, and non accessible places.

I agree. I mean it looks great, but not being able to go everywhere just kills it for me.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

You totally "get" me. :D That sounds divine!

I feel like BB has SO much potential to do different things with it. And did you guys notice the Autumn trees?! It's like...a town of everlasting Autumn! My heart...my heart.... <3<3<3
    #Team Occult