Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    edited October 2017
    Attention.png

Congratulations to all the winners and everyone for your fantastic efforts, also a huge thank you for being so patient with me.

To all the award winners here are your awards, please save them to your computers.

Intermediate Special Awards:

@kimartist, @LacedMetal, @lisalittlesimmer & @Valuzza90

Ch53%20award%20kimartist.pngCh53%20award%20LacedMetal.png
    Ch53%20award%20lisalittlesimmer.pngCh53%20award%20Valuzza90.png

Exp & Adv Special Awards:

@MyFavoritedesign, @Ainsleyf, @chips46, @emere & @crysk

Ch53%20award%20MyFavoritedesign.pngCh53%20award%20Ainsleyf.png
    Ch53%20award%20chips46.pngCh53%20award%20emere.png
    Ch53%20award%20crysk.png

New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    Attention.png

To the winners of the challenge here are your sigs and banners. Please save them to your computers.

@kimartist
    Ch53%20sig%20kimartist.jpg
    Ch53%20banner%20kimartist.jpg

@Laebeth
    Ch53%20sig%20Laebeth.jpg
    Ch53%20banner%20Laebeth.jpg

@chips46
    Ch53%20sig%20chips46.jpg
    Ch53%20banner%20chips46.jpg

@coolsim9999999
    Ch53%20sim%20sig%20coolsim.jpg
    Ch53%20sim%20banner%20coolsim.jpg

✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Congratz @chips46 @ainsleyf @MyFavoritedesign @crysk B)

@Cbear13 I feel once Snowflake no longer has pain, she will improve faster. The pain is exhausting for both humans and animals. I'm happy that things keep going well.

@Cbear13 @Pebblycat thanks for the feedback, it was more a learning lesson, a huge landscaping improve <3 Thanks for sharing your time o:)
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Awesome sim @CaramelLibra29 B) great allegory! (yes, that monster is real).

I love all the creepy houses >:) Vampire stuff is always awesome, my main sims are vampires (they need a bride, a fav for @Laebeth widow). The design for witch house are always so organic, so pretty. The labs, the cute Frankenstein at the castle, the classic Jack Skellington <3 But I will never enter at yours @Oliana :s I'm really afraid of Pennywise :D Last year my Halloween entry was a Pennywise house, I make it in order to overcome my clown phobia by playing, lol, it did not work, I never use that house. I love the contrast between the old wood and those red balloons! (They ALL float down here, OMG). Great house!

Great entries!
  • Options
    @emere it amazes me everyday with animals how forgiving they are especially after they have been abused or mistreated. Its taken me nearly 2 weeks to gain her trust which I just don't get because she has been treated so badly. Not once has she shown any sign of hurting me even when her whole body was shaking in fear she still didn't do anything bad.

On the positive shes becoming such a big smooch and just loves scratches and attention now.

I know if I won the lottery I would buy a huge property and rescue as many animals as I could because it just breaks my heart.
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Congrats on the win for your Sims @coolsim9999999 ! That is so awesome! :blush:

Thank you for the feedback @Cbear13 and @Pebblycat ! I am really working on improving my Sim creation, so it is very helpful, and why I really wanted to get an entry in for that week (the focus being on attention to detail). I think I completely forgot about the accessories, and was at that point more focused on having the outfits reflect their traits. I remember I chose the same accessories for the men in particular, as men would normally have the same watch on all the time, just as Calliope has her wedding ring on at all times :p Still, that wasn't within the requirements! haha. Thanks though, it was a fun challenge!

@emere Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked Amelia :blush: Maybe she will find a new love in your game :p
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    @Laebeth for a normal challenge as long as they have accessories its ok this challenge was exaggerated severely to try teach everyone what we look for.
    I also judged tough on people reading the brief correctly for all the details and nearly everyone missed requirements
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    @Cbear13 I'm a bit confused now, you want make up for sleep wear? Or is it just for this challenge because it was a special one? It seems really unrealistic to me. ..and technically, no make up is still a make up change :D
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    I have a question for when we're making the sims- if we want to have them wearing a ring to signify a wedding ring of sorts, do we have to mention it? I saw it in my judging and wanted to know, since that's what I was going for. Thanks!
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited October 2017
    @lisalittlesimmer That was just for this challenge. @Cbear13 exaggerated the requirements for this particular challenge, since the theme for the Sim and the Gazebo garden challenge was to have focus on details and placement.

So that's why we had to have a different hairstyle for every single outfit, and not 3, and makeup for every single outfit (and of course accessories too).

In any other challenge we don't have to wear make up for every single outfit ;)
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Thanks @Laebeth :)

@HEW310 no normally you dont need to mention the wedding ring this challenge was a little different than most as the brief asked for different accessories for every outfit

@lisalittlesimmer as Laebeth said this challenge was exaggerated majorly to test everyone on their brief reading and details.

To everyone,
    regarding the last sim challenge and also what is expected from future challenges
    This last challenge was really to test you on how well you read the briefs and the changes and details you put into each sim

Here is the brief again and I will highlight the exaggerated areas that I really wanted you all to pick up on for the challenge:

As this challenge is all about testing your detail and creativity we are going to test your sim creations for the QC challenges. The challenges aren't just about guessing those tricky traits and aspirations from the briefs but also about the effort put into detail on each and every sim. So this is the challenge
    Create the following 4 sims:
    1 female elder
    1 male elder
    1 female young adult or adult
    1 male young adult or adult

Each sim must be detailed in the following ways:
    - Different hairstyles for every outfit, hairstyles must be similar lengths to each other and also make sure to check fringe lengths dont differ to much.
    - For the females different makeup for every outfit, this must include different eye shadow and lipstick for each outfit.
    - Different accessories for every outfit and making sure all outfits have accessories
    - Make sure styles don't drastically change though the outfits for example if your male adult is dressed in a bohemian style for his everyday we want to see signs of that style in all outfits of his and not change drastically.

These are details that are judged and looked for in every sim challenge though we are exaggerating it a bit more than normal for this challenge as with normal challenges we are quite happy to see just 3 hairstyle changes and makeup changes in a sim.

Just to make this challenge a little more tougher and creative Im adding one last requirement.
    I would like to see each sims aspiration and traits reflected in their outfits. An example of this would if you had a sim that is outgoing, cheerful and neat you could pick outfits that are bright, colorful but presentable and neat.
    Names and relationships of sims are completely up to you, have fun!

Future challenges:
    Now normally for every sim challenge I only require 3 makeup changes for the females, 3 hairstyle changes through out all sims (except babies and small children), accessories used on most outfits and some variety in them.

All the information is given on the thread and in the challenge briefs so make sure to read it all carefully as I put a lot of time and effort into it all. My suggestion when doing any entry whether it is a build, room or sim is to always refer back to the scoring system to make sure you have put enough detail in all the areas to be judged. Also to re read the brief to see if you missed any important requirements.

On the very first post is the break down of scoring for the sim challenges (the numbers vary depending on how many sims in challenge)

Sim Challenge Scoring
    Traits - 0/3
    Amount changes depending on required number of sims
    (Specific traits are hinted at in brief of challenges)
    Aspirations - 0/1
    (Specific aspirations are hinted at in brief of challenges)
    Outfits - 0/5
    (We look for style flowing and suiting brief)
    Makeup - 0/3
    (For female sims we look for at least 3 different make up changes through outfits)
    Hair styles - 0/3
    (For all sim excluding toddlers and young children we look for at least 3 different hairstyle changes through outfits, length of hair and fringes must flow and be similar)
    Accessories - 0/5
    (We look for good use of accessories through most outfits)
    Overall - 0/5

I hope this helps settle any confusion there may have been about the last challenge and also in what we look for in each entry for normal challenges.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    edited October 2017
    Yay! I got the lot over 90K by using lots of rocks and lots of spiders!

QC Challenge No. 54
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Novice Builder? No
    Level: Advanced
    Original Lot Used: Widowshild Townhome in Forgotten Hollow
    Gallery Name: The Witch in the Woods
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/5EF4B452B9D511E7865061C9B1A42A59
    Chosen Halloween Character: Witch. She lives in the woods and has 2 skeleton servants (like Bonehilda) and a cowplant. She has a secret room in the cellar where she speaks to spirits, brews potions and casts spells (and sometimes keeps "guests"). Taking from your backstory on the Vlad room challenge @cbear13, she's decorated her home for Halloween hoping to lure unwary village children and adults to her home for nefarious purposes of course! There's a small cemetery next to the house where you might find some of the missing children and adults.
    Notes on entry: Fireplace purely decorative due to the placement of the walljumper sculpture. There is less normal clutter (such as toothbrushes and soap dispensers) in the home due to the fact it's not a normal home; it's a creepy old witch's home. There are lights under most of the garden plants to give more lighting. The birch tree room dividers had to be merged in some placed to make a fence that fit around the gardening area and the mega garden lamps cut into the birch tree room dividers also. I put the lamps there to give more light in the garden plot. Finally the pale yellow flowers cut into the carved pumpkins at the front of the lot; I wanted the greenery under the pumpkins to imitate the leaves and flowers a growing pumpkin vine would have.
    Pics:

fVlBJNv.png
    epdMCFR.png
    nVg2kM0.png
    35Yn3I3.png
    Secret room in the cellar:
    vbaG1Ru.png
    WtYuDQt.png
    Post edited by lsnishi on
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited October 2017
    The Witch in the Woods is a very scary home! @lsnishi :) The witch doesn’t sound like a very nice person! The exterior design of the home looks great! The brambles, cobwebs and rips look great on the exterior walls! The lighting at night time looks very spookily effective! The outdoors areas look great! The lit carved pumpkins, skelly bear, alien plants, dead black trees , dead and bushy plants give a great look to the build! The rocks add a great look to the outdoors. The two pond areas with the greenery and the dead trees in them look very creatively great! Sims will need to be wary of the cow plant! It fits the background details that you have written for the home, that there are candy dishes each side on the entrance to attract kids! It looks great how you have set up the cemetery. The secret room in the cellar is a scary room! It is not good to think why there is a cell! The gnome, cauldron, and star feature is very creative! The spider web and spiders look great on the wall.
    It is a great home for Halloween! It is good that you were able to reach the budget :)
  • Options
    kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    Very Cool! @lsnishi Glad you figure out how to spend money... :)
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Awesome Witch House @lsnishi I'm glad you made the budget :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thanks @rosemow, @chips46 and @kimartist for the kind comments. Thank goodness rocks are like $250 apiece....if you use a lot of them, you can add thousands of $ to the lot.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2017
    Thank you for your very nice comments about my winning this Sim challenge @rosemow and @Laebeth B)!
    Congratulations on placing @lisalittlesimmer @librashay and @laebeth :D!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    I dont know how I missed on your win @coolsim9999999 congrats on winning your Sim challenge :) and congrats on placing @lisalittlesimmer @librashay and @laebeth :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2017
    Thanks so much for your nice comment about my winning this Sim challenge @chips46 B)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    librashaylibrashay Posts: 47 Member
    @chips46 Thank you :smile:
  • Options
    @coolsim9999999 congrats on the win and thanks for the shout out :smile:
  • Options
    @lsnishi I love love love your witch house. Great Job!!!
  • Options
    @rosemow Thanks for the shout out :smile:
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2017
    QC challenge no: 54
    Origin ID: Ainsleyfr
    Sims Gallery Name: Baba Yaga and Vasilisa
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/BC2B207FBAB011E78225BF8A633AFDC0
    Your chosen character: Baba Yaga, an amazing and enigmatic Witch from Russian folklore. I included Vasilisa, the heroine who lives through an encounter with her as I sort of wanted a "Story kit" with the house, like they used to sell puppets and story books together in a package when I was a kid. Baba has 10 herbalism and some gardening skill. Vasilisa has 10 charisma and some cooking and baking skills. Imgur Slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/mNiaz
    Images (1-2 images):9B1fGYi.jpgA0Hdu3L.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top