Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Showcase: lisalittlesimmer

lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hey Guys!
I used to be really bad at building but that quickly changed when the Sims 4 came out. I still feel like I could do a lot better, and that is one reason why I would like to start this thread. I would love to get some feedback. :) So I decided to show some of my builds here, especially the builds that make me really proud, or maybe the builds that make me feel really unsure about my skills.
So there we go, I'd like to start this thread with a build I did a while ago. I now it's not very special but i just love how inspired I felt while building this. <3

Renovated Victorian
7hB364k.png
AB9ZgvL.png
yNZZwLV.png
uHaMhnb.png
cFadFAS.png
5DW4LEo.png

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8575244C2C4711E78160C26B009BB2A4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisalittlesimmer&max=50&maxis=false

So let me now what you think :)
And feel free to tell me about any severe grammar issues, English is not my native language :)
My lot showcase
Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
K5IURhP.jpg
Post edited by lisalittlesimmer on

Comments

• XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    I think you've got a pretty good handle on form and proportion. I can see quite clearly how the house is a central pink volume with clear blue volumes projecting out of it. The windows seem well-balanced in relation to the walls they occupy. On the whole, it looks like a very good job.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Renovated Victorian is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design and layout of the home! It is a very nice Victorian style home. The roofing looks very nice! The flower box open shutter windows look nice in the home. It looks great how you have used the terrain paint to do the curving pathways. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. The hedging fencing looks very nice bordering the backyard edges and the plants hedging looks nice in the edges of the back of the home. Very nice outdoors dining and pool area! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, and enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating meals at the table in the sunshine. Nice gardening nook corner for sims to enjoy growing plants. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the living and dining area looks very nice. Very nice calming colour scheme. The flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to see when eating their meals. The windows tv watching alcove is so very nice! It looks very nice how the curtains have been placed there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and other seating, watching tv and reading books. The patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks great how the counters have been placed there. The cabinets look nice how they have been placed around the windows. The sunflowers wall picture is very nice for sims to look at whilst preparing meals. The plants wall decor are nice touches of nature there. The island workbench with cookbooks on it is a nice touch in the kitchen .
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Xinqun @rosemow thank you for your feedback!
    I would like to share another house, it's different than my other houses :)
    This one is called Oasis home.. because I'm very uncreative :D
    kUAc1OZ.png
    RfstngP.png
    YPHo2S8.png
    qyEU2p9.png
    XXHAsps.png
    Qogj9cE.png

Please tell me what you think! :)
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F57DEE9B342A11E78471C26B009BB2A4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisalittlesimmer&max=50&maxis=false
    Post edited by lisalittlesimmer on
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
    The exterior design of Oasis home is very nice! :) Very nice roofing and layout of the home! The red flower box windows look very pretty! The exterior wall textures complement each other well. The type of and placement of the windows in the home looks very nice. Very nice pool patio! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or relaxing poolside in the armchair. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The tv nook in the living room looks very nice! The red wall colour gives a great look to the area and the books, tissues, candles,photo and blossom are nice homely touches on the wall shelf. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing watching tv there. Very nice design of the kitchen. The enclosed bar stool and sink counter looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal and the fruit bowl is a great touch there. The flowers are pretty for the sims to see when cooking and dining there. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows at the outdoors views whilst preparing meals. Nice study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer. It is great that there is a garage in the build with an enlarged car.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Your 2 houses are beautiful! Love both the spanish style house and the victorian! Lovely design and decor! :D
    Thank you! @yanti68 I want to fill up all the lots in all the worlds, so I had to push myself to try that spanish style ;) I'm going to do more of that soon :)
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Love the TV area! And the walls flanking the kitchen eat in area!
    I haven't posted here for months, because I never know how to present my creations, or I don't feel really good about them.. however, I felt really inspired today and want to share what I built today :)
    I watched this video and it kind of inspired me to build this house :)

Sandy Dreams

8nO2HuH.png
    u2bqKNs.png
    zOQvDe4.png
    CoWppgA.png
    HfJDMSE.png

more pictures: https://imgur.com/a/IYXsx

I hope you like it!
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Sandy Dreams is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The different sections of the exterior and the windows used look very nice! The flower garden beds in the front area of the home look very nice. Very nice design of the pool, outdoors living and gardening back patio! Sims will enjoy swimming there in the pool and growing harvestable plants. It looks great the way the wall dividers separate off a sofa seat and hot tub nook area. Sims will enjoy relaxing poolside on the armchairs or on the hot tub. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The colour scheme looks calming. Very nice light filled kitchen! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst preparing meals. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the counter. Very nice sitting area in the living room for sims to enjoy relaxing on the long sofa and watch tv. The candles, books and flowers nice touches on the tv wall counters and the coffee table. The dining room is very nice! Sims will have very nice views of the outdoors through the windows whilst eating their meals at the table. The type of dining seats used looks nice and suits the home type well. The patterned curtains used in the home add a nice look to the rooms. The plants are nice touches of green and nature.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Sandy Dreams looks gorgeous! I especially love the outdoor area and how you have separated different spaces. Love the use of straight lines, in the windows, the Dine Out counters and the wooden dividers. It really ties together the exterior style with the interior, and it looks amazing! <3
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Thank you! <3

Building with Cats and Dogs is so much fun! I'm usually not this fast, but I just finished my first big house with the pack.

Brindleton Lookout

iHl15Bu.png
    qqUHSB6.png
    z1qmdMp.png
    YXOw6X4.png
    lwbvb8f.png
    ynG1IKM.png
    zFliUii.png

full album: https://imgur.com/a/LBPyn

My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Brindleton Lookout is such a lovely house! :) Beautiful exteriors, love all the flowers there, and very cozy looking interiors, wonderful job! <3
    Thank you so much! @Corwim
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
    The exterior design and layout of Brindleton Lookout is very nice! :) The roofing is very nice! The yellow flower box windows are very nice sunny touches in the build. Kids will have fun playing on the pirate ship and monkey bars Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the kitchen and dining areas looks very nice. The type of dining seats used looks nice and suits well the home type. The kitchen is a very nice light filled area! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst preparing meals. Very nice design of the living room! The windows sitting seat nooks are very nice! Very nice armchairs fireplace sitting area for sims to relax and have a chat in front of the fire. They will sitting on the sofa watching tv, The green curtains look very pretty in the room!
    It is a very nice home for sims to enjoy living in the new world! :)
    Thank you for your detailed comment @rosemow It's always so nice to read them :)
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    Wow I like all your builds! They are so natural looking, especially the roofing. I often feel like most of my builds, while looking cool haha, don't feel all that natural like they could be actual houses. But your have mastered that talent!!
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
    @Nore thank you so much! It's funny that you say that, because I love your builds and I wish mine could be as detailed :D but I guess it's not a bad thing to be a bit more realistic
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
    @lisalittlesimmer Haha thank you! I do feel though it takes a lot of talent to be more natural in building. I often feel like my only mode is overly grand which is why I often focus on styles like Renaissance or Baroque. While they look cool for a game, I'm trying to make them more natural like actual buildings. I feel it takes a combination of structure, colour and material type to accomplish that. For instance your Oasis home does it flawlessly I believe. In fact if it hasn't already been, I'd like to nominate it, if only because the name is almost as creative as my own haha, I called my latest build modern mansion lol.

@Nore feel free to nominate it ;) I stare at the screen for like 10 minutes whenever I'm done with Building, just to pick a name :D thank you again, it's great to have builders with different Kind of Talents after all :)
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
    @lisalittlesimmer Haha, yes I am the same way with names. Cool, I can be the first to nominate it then! As it is my first time nominating, I wanted to nominate a few of my favourite builds from all the wonderful peoples on this forum all at once, so I can let you know when I do!

• SimlishTVSimlishTV Posts: 157 Member
    Brindleton Lookout is very detailed and cozy looking house! Great job!
    9pwqto4xacbr.jpg
    @rosemow thanks for letting me know! :)
    @SimlishTV thank you so much :)
    I think I'm going to share my vet clinic here when I'm done with it.. I really need to Keep this thread more up to date :D
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg