Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Long Haul Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    So I used "Repair Game" on Origin and now my game is finally playable with minimal glitchiness. If timing and homework permit this weekend, I'll be able to get back into playing the Fitzgeralds...
    and hopefully have Joaquin put a ring on it, then it'll be time to find some wedding poses and give the intended guests formalwear updates! Plus get to work on baby B.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    @PurplishSimEater yay thats great that you got fixed

Hi guys just to say I won't be posting updates for the next couple of weeks as my dissertation is due in in two weeks. I will try and stay as updated as I can on everyone's stories.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @SmallSeven01, Good luck with the dissertation and your defense!
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    jbestxoxo wrote: »
    @ny275 Yay for a new chapter!

I feel like the end of summer can be just as time consuming as the middle, lol. Waiting for school to start, vacations, etc. If I didn't get a bunch of chapters scheduled ahead of time, I'd be SOL right now.

Also, I was just thinking about the frequency we each post at. So here's a question for everyone: At your current pace, how long do you think it will take you to finish your legacy?

I think it will take me 2.5 years to finish, if I keep up my current pace of chapters and how much Sim time each chapters covers.

I do about a generation every month or so... so probably finish in 6 months? I'm thinking of doing an extension though w Alissa from G11 on sort of a reboot. :)

OMG, I would love that! You know Alissa is my girl! Maybe you could do a vampire dynasty, lol.

I love Alissa!!! I may have to cure her eventually though, for some reason vamps in my game are super glitchy :(

Oh no! Glitchy vamps are the worst. I don't remember if you have MCCC or not, but that mod has a built in feature that logs any errors. If your CC is causing it, it will identify it by name so you know to remove it. Then the glitches go away!

Yesss!!! Where do I find this log?!

It should pop up on it's own. It would be an orange box naming that there's an error. Look at this for what MCCC has to say about the errors.
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    @SmallSeven01, Good luck with the dissertation and your defense!

Thank you!!
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member

I feel like the end of summer can be just as time consuming as the middle, lol. Waiting for school to start, vacations, etc. If I didn't get a bunch of chapters scheduled ahead of time, I'd be SOL right now.

Also, I was just thinking about the frequency we each post at. So here's a question for everyone: At your current pace, how long do you think it will take you to finish your legacy?

I think it will take me 2.5 years to finish, if I keep up my current pace of chapters and how much Sim time each chapters covers.

I do about a generation every month or so... so probably finish in 6 months? I'm thinking of doing an extension though w Alissa from G11 on sort of a reboot. :)

OMG, I would love that! You know Alissa is my girl! Maybe you could do a vampire dynasty, lol.

I love Alissa!!! I may have to cure her eventually though, for some reason vamps in my game are super glitchy :(

Oh no! Glitchy vamps are the worst. I don't remember if you have MCCC or not, but that mod has a built in feature that logs any errors. If your CC is causing it, it will identify it by name so you know to remove it. Then the glitches go away!

It should pop up on it's own. It would be an orange box naming that there's an error. Look at this for what MCCC has to say about the errors.

I've definitely gotten the orange script error box but nothing really happens after that it just says it's been logged lol
  • Options

I've definitely gotten the orange script error box but nothing really happens after that it just says it's been logged lol

If you click that link, it will tell you how to find where the error is logged in your files. The error should specifically name which CC file is causing the issue.
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds hey, if you're serious about me decorating one of your builds, i'm so in!!
  • Options
    @Asaoyoru What's going on with your Build Newcrest story? I absolutley love the Conway legacy, but I'm just wondering because I miss Hannah and Travis.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT Is is possible for you to put the name of the narrator at the top of the chapter for your story updates? It's not always easy for me to tell right away who's the narrator until I rule out the other possibilities or finally recognize their children.
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    @Asaoyoru What's going on with your Build Newcrest story? I absolutley love the Conway legacy, but I'm just wondering because I miss Hannah and Travis.

Ah, glad that you asked and I don't have to promote myself (which I always feel annoys people), but it's actually returning really soon! My blog is on a schedule right now and I'm excited to have a few projects going soon. One of them is the Build Newcrest Story. I've taken a break to outline and prewrite chapters and plan ahead to what I want to happen. Once my term papers are finished (15th of Septemper) it will resume at a bi-weekly schedule with longer chapters and more plot :)
  • Options
    Asaoyoru wrote: »

Ah, glad that you asked and I don't have to promote myself (which I always feel annoys people), but it's actually returning really soon! My blog is on a schedule right now and I'm excited to have a few projects going soon. One of them is the Build Newcrest Story. I've taken a break to outline and prewrite chapters and plan ahead to what I want to happen. Once my term papers are finished (15th of Septemper) it will resume at a bi-weekly schedule with longer chapters and more plot :)

Yay!!! I didn't want to rush you, lol, but I'm so happy to hear that. Yay for terms papers because they're indicative of higher education which is hopefully a happy choice you've made for your life!
  • Options
    Haha, you have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that you want to read more of the story :) And yes, I'm actually a university student. I'm studying English and Literature and I aspire to be an editor (you know, those you send your manuscripts to) in a publishing company one day. Not many people understand that studying books can be stressful, but I love what I do and yup, it's a happy choice! :)
  • Options
    Hi guys, I have a new chapter that posted today! Khald finally finally finally asks Nivea out! Now she just has to confirm it's really a date.

• Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    Everybody has cool banners...I need to get me one of those...any advice/suggestions?
  • Options
    Depending on what you'd like, I would be happy to make you something! I make mine either in GIMP or in Photoshop :) If you prefer to make one yourself, I probably could give you some advice depending on what you would like to have! Not that I'm an expert or anything. ^^
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    Mine is pretty lame lol I have no photoshop skills but I just do previews of the entire generation since I play way past where I write :flushed:
  • Options
    I just opted out of a banner since I know I'd be way too lazy to update it every generation. :lol:
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Great request @allysimbuilds I've been meaning to create a banner but just haven't gotten around to it. I'd love to know what everyone does.

@Asaoyoru I'd love any advice you can give! You too @jbestxoxo !
  • Options
    Banners are cool! Do they need to be hosted on a separate site?
  • Options
    I just barely have the skills to post screenshots, let alone banners, and even that is hard now that I can't use photobucket anymore. Anyway, I've started a new story. It's not a long-term one, but in case you're interested, here's a link: Twenty Years Earlier
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT It looks great! Are we going to have to guess each character's trait?
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @ny275 I'm on Gen 3, can I still join?
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT It looks great! Are we going to have to guess each character's trait?

I set up Chapter 4 so that you can if you want to.