Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Store

Do you think The Sims 4 will have a store like the Sims 3 sometime in the future? Because i'm starting to miss a store like that.

Comments

• Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Hopefully not.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    The abundance of stuff packs have replaced The Sims store.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member

Well, that's enlightening.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Do you think The Sims 4 will have a store like the Sims 3 sometime in the future? Because i'm starting to miss a store like that.

I sure as heck hope not. We get better deals with the stuff packs than we got with the store. I'll take stuff packs over the store any day.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited August 2017

I like the store better so you can pick and choose what you want. It stinks if you have to buy a whole pack if you only want one or two items in the pack
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    no thanks i rather not have another one
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I kind of hope not, it was far too expensive with some of the worlds costing the same as an expansion :disappointed:
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Yup. This^

I think the TS4 stuff packs are more affordable than the overpriced TS3 Store so I prefer the way things currently are...
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Besides the prices, I don't understand why anyone would be opposed to the idea store where you can choose exactly what you want in your game.

I certainly miss the store as well, just not the prices.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    A friend and I were talking about this a few weeks ago.

We agreed that the stuff packs have a better price-to-content ratio overall than The Sims 3 store, but it would also be better if you could purchase items separately for a small fee, like maybe 50 cents for a hairstyle from an SP, instead of spending more money on the whole thing. It's win-win, since EA makes more money from players who otherwise wouldn't buy the SP, and the players get the items they want without paying for an entire pack.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I prefer the way it originally was, quality EPs with only a few SPs and GPs.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    Besides the prices, I don't understand why anyone would be opposed to the idea store where you can choose exactly what you want in your game.

I think if all the CC was priced the same an à la carte store could work. But in reality EA would jack up the price of certain "premium" items (ie. the stuff everyone wants) to compensate for the less popular stuff, and in the end there just wouldn't be as much value as the packs.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    The store was good for getting good deals once things went on sale, getting free simpoints, and the complete your set (I'm talking sims 3 store here. I didn't really get into the store with sims 2) but I really do prefer the SP's now. I think it's a good price for what you get. With the sims 3 store, it didn't matter, I eventually got it all. With the Sims 4 SP's, I feel that it's cheaper on me, still.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Hopefully not.

I couldn't agree more. I love how they do things now with the SP's, GP's and EP's. For one, they're much more affordable and are spaced decently enough...we usually can figure on when things are going to come out. I didn't like the store.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Nah. Considering that some of the store items are still glitched and were left unfixed, I would hope that doesn't repeat. I'd hate to see that cycle of neglect take place again. Besides that... one word: EXPENSIVE.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I do not think they will be adding a store for sims 4. This isn't based on whether I want a store or not. I just think the model they've chosen for Sims 4 is not conducive to a store. They release a greater number of smaller stuff packs for a lower cost than the store packs, plus the addition of game packs, plus one expansion per year. So I don't really see them adding a store on top of that.
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I'd prefer it if we didn't see a return of the store. While it is a pain that we have to buy an entire stuff pack if we want just a few of the items, the price of the stuff pack alone is still better than some of the sets that were on the Sims 3 store. I prefer the current approach with the SPs replacing the store.
  • Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    Okay, i get it! Sheesh.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    taydev wrote: »

I think if all the CC was priced the same an à la carte store could work. But in reality EA would jack up the price of certain "premium" items (ie. the stuff everyone wants) to compensate for the less popular stuff, and in the end there just wouldn't be as much value as the packs.

I understand and agree about the prices and EA hiking it, I guess I'm trying to say the mere idea of a store in and of itself is a good one.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member

I like the store better so you can pick and choose what you want. It stinks if you have to buy a whole pack if you only want one or two items in the pack

That is like paying the same price for less than a third of the items, it's better to get more even if you don't want it for less than have to pay so much more if you do want everything.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

No. Stuffpacks and Gamepacks are the store for TS4.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I would only want a store if they hired more people to create for it, content is coming slow enough as is especially with expansions. I never really purchased much in the Sims store because I could never get into Sims 3 but the one thing I liked was that I could pick what I wanted. I was able to get all the male clothing and hair styles without spending a dime with Sims 4 your lucky to get 2 male hair styles a pack and you can just forget it with beards maybe 1 new one a year if your lucky.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I'm sorry that I'm saying that, but I didn't like the store. While there may be some objects and clothing that I'd find great, they is going to need SimPoints. I'm trying to save money for expansion packs and SimPoints cost money too.
    I'm happy there's no store. My The Sims 3 installed the content, but they didn't appear in the game. I can install them again, but they'll never appear again. That's the reason I don't want it back. I'd imagined that I couldn't even play the game when I had the limited edition, so I never pre-ordered any of the expansion packs. I am happy to pre-order The Sims 4 expansion packs however.