Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

msbeckycat wrote: »
    might be a dumb question but do you choose your sims 4 aspirations and traits? Or random them? If you random them what do you use?

Not a dumb question at all. I randomize mine, with a few exceptions. (I won't assign the "evil" trait in childhood, for example.) I use createarandomsim.com to randomize at each birthday, so that everyone gets 3 shots at a good trait.

I hope everyone's been doing ok in here; had a busy week or so at work so I haven't been able to post very much. I also let myself get way too far ahead in playing trying to get to a house that had toddlers in it for the new stuff pack; I'm like 3 houses ahead now.

Latest updates are here for the Bernards where Corellia starts to wonder about her birth family, and here for the Doe family where Garnet struggles to keep his kleptomaniac trait in check as he grows up. (Speaking of random traits...)

TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    SuxelaSuxela Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have a question. As in stories, do you mean like gameplay that makes up a storyline? I love writing but it may not be the kinda writing I'd be able to talk about here as it doesn't involve sims. I mean I could adapt my style to involve sims but wouldn't be able to use any gameplay because I haven't gotten the computer game yet
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,234 Member
    A celebrity has a talk with Eliza!

79.png?resize=594%2C311
    House of Pancakes: Chapter 16
    Eliza opened the door to see Steve Harvey standing outside her home. She practically fainted but was able to compose herself. “You’re…” She started. “You’re…” “I’m your man, Steve Harvey.” Steve replied. “Your husband Bob asked me to pay a visit.” Eliza turned to face Bob who…
    READ MORE

(friendly reminder the links go to this site's forum thread, so you don't need to leave the site to read House of Pancakes. You can also follow my WordPress site and get updates and read the chapters first there before anyone gets to here.)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    between jes and sis i spent more time in cas today than writing.. i made toddlers most of the day but now i'm making a few characters for genertion 3. when i get there i need to have a seletion because brandon would be the only one with a mate. yes munter i still have aubree 2,0
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Doing a rags to riches thing with sims 4. I even did some building for it. Will post the first chapter later
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    might be a dumb question but do you choose your sims 4 aspirations and traits? Or random them? If you random them what do you use?
    Neither. When a sim needs their first child trait, I give them one that one of their parents (biological or adopted) has/had. Then I closely observe what they choose to do autonomously for a day or so, and plan out the rest of their traits based on that. I haven't played around with toddlers that much, so I'm not sure what I'll do about their traits.

Oh, this is actually a really awesome way to pick traits and aspirations! I've never thought about it this way.

@msbeckycat What I usually do is roll their traits with the link that @MadameLee has provided for you as well. However, I don't roll all of their traits at once. I always roll one at a time, exactly when they age up. For some reason that's giving me a nice aspect of surprise and I can come up with a reason why they have this character development. I like to spin a story around my sims (at least in my head) and that helps a whole lot!

For toddler traits I mostly use one of my d8 from Pen and Paper (that's a die that has 8 sides) or let my boyfriend pick a random number because the random toddler trait generator that you can find here tended to not work for me. It is much better now, but I'm too lazy to change the way in which I do it. Also, rolling dice is super exciting. ;)

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Teenage Thu feels as sick as she makes her readers.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ChewbaccaEllisonChewbaccaEllison Posts: 13 New Member
    Hello! I am new to this thread but I would love to join your conversations! I think this is a really interesting idea!
  • Options
    Hello! I am new to this thread but I would love to join your conversations! I think this is a really interesting idea!

Welcome to the thread
  • Options
    Prologue
    This is a pre chapter of my story
  • Options
    > @msbeckycat said:
    > ChewbaccaEllison wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I am new to this thread but I would love to join your conversations! I think this is a really interesting idea!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Welcome to the thread

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have a question. As in stories, do you mean like gameplay that makes up a storyline? I love writing but it may not be the kinda writing I'd be able to talk about here as it doesn't involve sims. I mean I could adapt my style to involve sims but wouldn't be able to use any gameplay because I haven't gotten the computer game yet

Hiya , @SuxelaSimmer and @ChewbaccaEllison ! Welcome and please join in! Our first page talks a bit about our general guidelines and culture . I'm on mobile now, but I'll swing by later when I'm on the computer for more developed responses !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    welcome new people.

i have a really boring meeting today then i'll be around.
  • Options
    welcome new people.

lol yea meetings are boring
  • Options
    > @CathyTea said:
    > SuxelaSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > I have a question. As in stories, do you mean like gameplay that makes up a storyline? I love writing but it may not be the kinda writing I'd be able to talk about here as it doesn't involve sims. I mean I could adapt my style to involve sims but wouldn't be able to use any gameplay because I haven't gotten the computer game yet
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello! I am new to this thread but I would love to join your conversations! I think this is a really interesting idea!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hiya , @SuxelaSimmer and @ChewbaccaEllison ! Welcome and please join in! Our first page talks a bit about our general guidelines and culture . I'm on mobile now, but I'll swing by later when I'm on the computer for more developed responses !

Thank you! I am excited to talk to you later :)
  • Options
    welcome new people.

lol yea meetings are boring

the good news is its in my home. meaning i will be here when its done. i'm the other cohost here.
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited August 2017
    So I figured I would come out of hiding now, I have been writing Simtropolis on Tumblr for a few weeks now. To promote open dialogue and commenting I have resurrected the thread for the story here!
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,234 Member
  • Options
    meeting over.

mom said be good when she was saying goodbye.

i responsponded i get along fine with me.

the lady we had the meeting with laughed.

i'm on my own the rest of the day
  • Options
    > @CathyTea said:
    > SuxelaSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > I have a question. As in stories, do you mean like gameplay that makes up a storyline? I love writing but it may not be the kinda writing I'd be able to talk about here as it doesn't involve sims. I mean I could adapt my style to involve sims but wouldn't be able to use any gameplay because I haven't gotten the computer game yet
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hiya , @SuxelaSimmer and @ChewbaccaEllison ! Welcome and please join in! Our first page talks a bit about our general guidelines and culture . I'm on mobile now, but I'll swing by later when I'm on the computer for more developed responses !

Thank you! I am excited to talk to you later :)

i didn't have time to answer this this morning. i alternate between what my sims do in game and making it up. it can be fun to challenge myself to write just from my head, but iaccidently depressed adam and eve. shes alright it just meant i had the emotions right.
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Teenage Thu feels as sick as she makes her readers.

wheres axel wahhhhhhhhhh sad now. lol you changed your avi so i'm having fun with you.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367: Axel is gearing up for Friday. ;)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

yeah i'm here then.

i do like your new avi btw.
  • Options

whos tho i only heard of axel.

who i also don't know but him i make up.
  • Options

whos tho i only heard of axel.

who i also don't know but him i make up.

Thu is the other main character. Axel lives with her/works as live-in help in the present day but I've been doing a lot of flashbacks. The other guy is her first husband from long ago...

outrun / blog / tunglr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top