We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    Next time I start a new save, I'm replacing every townie and neighbor with sims from the gallery and ones made by me. And I'm going to disable my teeth cc, I'm tired of my sims having children with no front teeth.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    Next time I start a new save, I'm replacing every townie and neighbor with sims from the gallery and ones made by me. And I'm going to disable my teeth cc, I'm tired of my sims having children with no front teeth.

but kids lose their teeth .then the tooth fairy comes and gives them money.

i was still losing teeth at 11.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,741 Member
    Does someone have another website to go to to include links /in the chapter banners? My banner maker has changed too much and don't allow links to chapters.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited August 2017
    http://wwwswans.blogspot.ca/2017/08/interlude-nerdfigher-voyage.htmls

as much as I would like a more colourful banner MY banner maker isn't good for me anymore..since they don't allow for linkable blogs

hFoW1vs.jpg
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Side note: why does no one say how difficult Friend of the World is for maintaining relationships? My super-skiller sim (Savant + Quick Learner + all four Childhood Aspiration Reward Traits + Happy Toddler) is stuck at 13/20 friends and I'm trying to hurry and finish it since some of his friends have now aged into Elders, but I'm not getting anywhere. Ugh.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,610 Member
    Wow! I was away for a few days...I had a convention, then I had to take my kids back to school, then I had to pack up and move! I was on page 3913 and it's all the way to 3930 now. I'm back though and reading again :)
    my game is mean. it ate the save from last night. but heres the good news alec and mackie are having twins again. which means i can use all my new toddler stuff.

i have to change the baby names so i didn't want anyone confused.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Side note: why does no one say how difficult Friend of the World is for maintaining relationships? My super-skiller sim (Savant + Quick Learner + all four Childhood Aspiration Reward Traits + Happy Toddler) is stuck at 13/20 friends and I'm trying to hurry and finish it since some of his friends have now aged into Elders, but I'm not getting anywhere. Ugh.
    Yeah, this one's pretty difficult. Thankfully my sims who have it are all part of a large extended family, which makes it a little easier. Also, when my sims are up but it's an inappropriate time to socialize, I try to get them in a confident mood and work on charisma so hopefully their friend-making will go a little smoother.
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Yeah, this one's pretty difficult. Thankfully my sims who have it are all part of a large extended family, which makes it a little easier. Also, when my sims are up but it's an inappropriate time to socialize, I try to get them in a confident mood and work on charisma so hopefully their friend-making will go a little smoother.

my sims have a large extended family too. i think alec and anthony got jealous ayden got new stuff. the save i was playing broke so now they got new babies on the way.
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

Would it make me a horrible person if I outright banned it (alongside City Native) as an aspiration for my legacy heirs? I want to explore all the aspects of the game, don't get me wrong, but there's no way I'd be able to manage all of the friendship requirements alongside skilling. City Native, while relatively easy, may not be logistically possible if the story isn't set in San Myshuno.
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member
    @PurplishSimEater: I found it possible as a first-generation aspiration. I don't remember much of how I completed it, but it did involve a club with a charisma skilling perk. I found raising charisma to be a harder task than making friends.

Also, cloudgazing is one of the fastest ways to build friendships.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen Cloudgazing is kinda boring to watch, though. I might just have him call up club friends and do one-on-one hangouts? I don't know.
    sunnyshay wrote: »

but kids lose their teeth .then the tooth fairy comes and gives them money.

i was still losing teeth at 11.

Even when they're teenagers and adults?

I actually think Friend of the World is one of the easiest IF your sims is single and childless. Make a "Good Friend" daily by monitoring the other sims moods and spam the socials accordingly. Also try to go out at least every other night in a group. Have them over to hang out every day.

It's usually one of the first ones I do in the game but for my Super Sim save, I'm making it one of the last ones I do because I wanting to get the all the skill ones out of the way. This brings up another tip, make your sim a bartender and freelance at the local bars and lounge, they'll make friends with little effort.
    off-topic can anyone believe that in Mephis, Tenesse they have banned Gone w/ the Wind from playing in a theatre?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    off-topic can anyone believe that in Mephis, Tenesse they have banned Gone w/ the Wind from playing in a theatre?

Actually, I can. Don't agree with it but I get it.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,084 Member

@PurplishSimEater I've got a great tip for achieving Friend of the World: buy the "Incredibly Friendly" reward trait. With that, all it takes is a "cheerful greeting" and a few friendly conversational exchanges to make friends. I can usually go from 12-20 friends in a few Sim hours, if my Sim is in a busy place with people yet to meet, like the Spice District.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea I don't remember if he has that reward trait or not, but if he doesn't I'm going to go buy it. Thanks for the tip!
    @CathyTea I don't remember if he has that reward trait or not, but if he doesn't I'm going to go buy it. Thanks for the tip!

It works super well! I always hate it when my Sims lose friends due to not socializing with them, but I always spend more time having them do other things, rather than socialize, so I usually have them complete that aspiration early--that way, they keep all their friends while they're busy leading their hermit, scholarly lives! (Wish my life worked that way! LOL!)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

It works super well! I always hate it when my Sims lose friends due to not socializing with them, but I always spend more time having them do other things, rather than socialize, so I usually have them complete that aspiration early--that way, they keep all their friends while they're busy leading their hermit, scholarly lives! (Wish my life worked that way! LOL!)

i have that same issue because ayden and elsa are divorced the kids go back and forth between the 2 houses since there their from friday to sunday the relationship bars drop.

i wanted it to feel like a real visitation so i don't switch til sim sunday evening.

i have that same issue because ayden and elsa are divorced the kids go back and forth between the 2 houses since there their from friday to sunday the relationship bars drop.

i wanted it to feel like a real visitation so i don't switch til sim sunday evening.

You could have Ayden and Elsa complete Friend of the World, and then they'd be able to retain their relationships with the kids during visitation.

edited August 2017

You could have Ayden and Elsa complete Friend of the World, and then they'd be able to retain their relationships with the kids during visitation.

last time they were in the same room together ayden threw a drink in her face. kind of her fault though she was trying to kiss him.

see i do love you i know you love elsa so i left that out of the story.
    > @CathyTea said:
    > SuxelaSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > I have a question. As in stories, do you mean like gameplay that makes up a storyline? I love writing but it may not be the kinda writing I'd be able to talk about here as it doesn't involve sims. I mean I could adapt my style to involve sims but wouldn't be able to use any gameplay because I haven't gotten the computer game yet
    >
    >
    >
    > ChewbaccaEllison wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I am new to this thread but I would love to join your conversations! I think this is a really interesting idea!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hiya , @SuxelaSimmer and @ChewbaccaEllison ! Welcome and please join in! Our first page talks a bit about our general guidelines and culture . I'm on mobile now, but I'll swing by later when I'm on the computer for more developed responses !

Thank you! I am excited to talk to you later :)

i didn't have time to answer this this morning. i alternate between what my sims do in game and making it up. it can be fun to challenge myself to write just from my head, but iaccidently depressed adam and eve. shes alright it just meant i had the emotions right.

@friendsfan367 How did you accidentally depress me? You mean with your Benders chapter?

yes. but i once got in a did not did too fight with cathtea when i was first writing emotional stuff.

i just felt bad you were sad.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

If you buy the "Incredibly Friendly" trait, that should speed things up :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    How do you tell if someone is attracted to another sim in sims 4? Is there a chart like in sims 3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top