Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Just before I head off for today... happy time zones all!

For anyone in for a birthday read since we talking about all em festivities :D Hope you enjoy!

Monstrous Mezilkree, Chapter 2.26 - Happy birthday, Levi!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited July 2017
    yeah i finally get sim time. i don't know how much i'll get saturday i'm dadsitting. the technical term according to wings is caregiving but im hopeing dad stays put while moms gone.

oh and i still have all my years at work because it was fixed before i left my apartment.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    speaking of food here's a theory: let's say you wanted to make your Mom a cake for her birthday in late August but you were going to make it in place A but you need to figure out a way to get it to place B (ie home) and when you normally take the bus to and from Place A and no one in the family is aware of your plan and you know Dad's will probably be getting a store brought cake. What would you do to get your cake from Place A to Place B?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    speaking of food here's a theory: let's say you wanted to make your Mom a cake for her birthday in late August but you were going to make it in place A but you need to figure out a way to get it to place B (ie home) and when you normally take the bus to and from Place A and no one in the family is aware of your plan and you know Dad's will probably be getting a store brought cake. What would you do to get your cake from Place A to Place B?

if it was me because i don't drive either i would find someone who does to get me from a to b.
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Caught up for now on gameplay.

1.04: Make a Move
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    simLit question: how do you guys stage club/bar/party scenes? Like how do you make it look like there are 50 sims in the room when there's really only like 10 lol
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Acarb90: I'll admit that my crowd scenes look pretty sparse. Though I try my best by allocating a modest number of background sims and using angles that show your main sims plus those designated for the background, and making sure to fill each shot.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    simLit question: how do you guys stage club/bar/party scenes? Like how do you make it look like there are 50 sims in the room when there's really only like 10 lol

There's mods out there where you can have a large quantity. I use MC Command Center and I believe there is a setting in there where you can have a bunch on a lot. Just cannot edit household or it reverts it down to 8.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options

There's mods out there where you can have a large quantity. I use MC Command Center and I believe there is a setting in there where you can have a bunch on a lot. Just cannot edit household or it reverts it down to 8.

@LegacySims2017: true but there is a point where you have to say enough is enough with how many sims you're controlling. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member

@Acarb90 The method @InfraGreen mentioned is definitely the sanest and easiest. And I think it works really well, especially if you aren't planning on having a lot of wide shots.

Though I did have a chapter once where I literally had 50 sims in the house (thanks to the fullhouse mod) :joy: It was an absolute nightmare -- my game was extremely laggy and it crashed at one point (thankfully after I had taken most of my shots by then, so when I re-loaded the game, I only put like half the number of sims in the house and did basically what Infragreen suggested).

Here is my photographic evidence of my insanity, by the way :lol:
    homAnRm.png

Basically the point I'm kind of making is that if you REALLY wanted to, you could do more than 8-10 sims in a party scene. You just need patience and mods :) (though I honestly would not recommend ever doing more than 20-25 at a time. In retrospect, that's probably more than enough :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    Wow I was surprised by how fast this thread can move! I had a really long day today. Left my house early at 6:30 am and just got home at about 10:30 pm. So many pages to read here! <3
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017: true but there is a point where you have to say enough is enough with how many sims you're controlling. :p

Right?! I would only use it for scene settings like requested. Weddings, funerals, proms, family reunions...

As soon as I take the needed screenshots, I would probably revert back to my last save before I moved everyone onto the one lot....or....take the time to try and move everyone back to their own lots.

I'd go nuts trying to play a 20-50 member household lot. :lol:

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Wow I was surprised by how fast this thread can move! I had a really long day today. Left my house early at 6:30 am and just got home at about 10:30 pm. So many pages to read here! <3

you don't have to read through all of them
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Haha yes that's exactly what I do! I never save with all those sims in the house because honestly, it's next to impossible to move everyone out after that, since you can't move them out the normal way. I forgot to mention that in my original reply to @Acarb90 , but that's definitely important to know if you're planning on trying to exceed the household limit with mods :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options

@Acarb90 The method @InfraGreen mentioned is definitely the sanest and easiest. And I think it works really well, especially if you aren't planning on having a lot of wide shots.

Though I did have a chapter once where I literally had 50 sims in the house (thanks to the fullhouse mod) :joy: It was an absolute nightmare -- my game was extremely laggy and it crashed at one point (thankfully after I had taken most of my shots by then, so when I re-loaded the game, I only put like half the number of sims in the house and did basically what Infragreen suggested).

homAnRm.png

Basically the point I'm kind of making is that if you REALLY wanted to, you could do more than 8-10 sims in a party scene. You just need patience and mods :) (though I honestly would not recommend ever doing more than 20-25 at a time. In retrospect, that's probably more than enough :joy:

:o:o

that does look insane, but it made for a great shot!

What I've been doing is downloading random sims from the gallery and using the teleporter mod and then locking all the doors so they don't leave lol. the only problem is that I have been reusing sims and just dressing them differently. I guess due to poor budgeting and not enough extras (like a real tv show!)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Also so far I've only had house party scenes.

I have a chapter coming up that will take place in a club. so I'm gonna need to download lots of sims for that lol. I wish there more dancing poses!
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    What I've been doing is downloading random sims from the gallery and using the teleporter mod and then locking all the doors so they don't leave lol. the only problem is that I have been reusing sims and just dressing them differently. I guess due to poor budgeting and not enough extras (like a real tv show!)

That's not a problem, that's being resourceful. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

I proudly do it too. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

i've been using the same sims for 2 years. ive been working on my story for 2 yearsdue to glitches. but i added 1 new character intending to write him out later but one of my female chacters got attached to him.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

homAnRm.png

@CitizenErased14 I discovered that my game can't handle more than 15 sims with CC. Without CC it would probably work out but CC crashed my game every time I tried to change clothes after aging up triplet toddlers. T_T RIP my Amazon save! :joy:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »

homAnRm.png

@CitizenErased14 I discovered that my game can't handle more than 15 sims with CC. Without CC it would probably work out but CC crashed my game every time I tried to change clothes after aging up triplet toddlers. T_T RIP my Amazon save! :joy:

trips in your amazon save.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

@Acarb90 "Teleport Anywhere" mod paired with poses that run through "Andrew's Pose-Player" is an option you can use.

dancingwithscarlett3.jpg
    talkingwithscarlett.jpg
    talkingwithscarlett2.jpg

I placed all the sims in these images individually in poses that froze them in place. So when I switched angles, I could show a vibrant bar. Well, as vibrant as a Black & White scene can be! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited July 2017
    TIME TO VOTE! This update contains the first reader vote for Suitor elimination. Help your fav stay in the game.

CLA49jJ.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-2-augh-broships/
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    I think the safest way is to just set the angle so that it looks like there are a bunch of people in there. I did a pretty big wedding scene and what I did was teleport them on the lot and forced them to pose. It were around 20 Sims and the game held up fine. If they are not part of your household everything is much less laggy. I'll be having a partyscene to stage soonish and I think I will try it that way first. Though I won't go as overboard as @CitizenErased14 with that! It made some really amazing shots, though!
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @friendsfan367 @CitizenErased14 @Meggles Seems that there are quite a few Halloween kids here :tongue: I'm a Christmas kid and enjoy it immensely. It's as if almost the entire world decorates for my birthday :joy:

@friendsfan367 I agree with @InfraGreen . My aunt is a deaconess (which is, a bit simplified, a Protestant non). They're allowed to speak at all times and everyone I've met so far is so cool! Most of them are past 50 but in my opinion their humor is legendary and they'll rock it up with you and crack jokes. I don't think it's anything different with monks or nons. :smile:
    pronterus wrote: »
    Speaking of Halloween in different countries, in my country, Halloween is like a marketing tool used by malls. So instead of trick-or-treating around neighborhoods (which are generally unsafe), kids do it inside malls that advertise Halloween events, and the adults who accompany them get discounts on certain things. Trick-or-treating is also done in gated communities where all the rich people live. And right after that is All Saints' Day, which is important for us since we visit our loved ones at the cemetery.

:o That's an interesting way to do the trick-or-treating!

@Acarb90 I do it in the same way as Munterbacon. And I think the pictures are proof that it works quite well! *whispers @Munterbacon * Love them!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top