Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Wow, first of all, the style/theme of the pack that won was the opposite of my choice... and there's not enough male CAS that made it to the pack, and now you're telling me laundry won? In an eco living pack?!

Gaaah, my heart!! I need to sit down or I'm gonna pass out...

I want a pack that heavily adds CaS items for Male Sims because it's honestly getting ridiculous imo.

Same. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited June 2017
    I guess I'll need to add a laundromat to San Myshuno (is there space to place new lots in SM? I forget) for my Sims that don't have any room for a washer/dryer.

@SimGuruGraham Please consider making a stackable washer/dryer in addition to the separate ones. It can save a lot of space for Sims w/ limited space.
    Post edited by lasummerb on
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    @YumiSims : Thank you for your feedback!
    YumiSims wrote: »
    > @Kuroi said:
    > Come on guys, don't be bad losers. It was a fair vote and the majority chose what the majority chose. Moaning because your favourite feature didn't win looks a lot like a "simple pleasure for simple minds" too.

Sorry, but I will have to disagree. EA definitely knows and is very aware how we have always liked the thought of having laundry. But putting it in a servery with three other options that we would probably never think of ever again is just pointless. We are giving our vote and opinion on what we think is Eco-friendly. Washing machines and dryers aren't Eco-friendly one bit.
    Well, first: Sorry, but I don't believe that the very majority really voted for what they thought was "eco-friendly". They simply voted for the feature they wanted to have in the game. Second: The feature description does also offer wash tubs and washing lines for your eco-friendly sims. So, the laundry feature includes both: the average sim and the eco-friendly sim.
    YumiSims wrote: »
    Might as well given us a servery with laundry as every vote since EA most likely already knew the majority will vote for laundry. I have said this before, I am not upset and I don't think ANYONE ELSE is. They are upset that The Sims Team is obviously trying to get more money for things that don't enhance gameplay. Simmers are paying money for these packs which is just like burning money. I hope this pack will receive the lowest sales. Not because I hate EA or anyone from The Sims Team, but because I would like to prove a point as to how patient we have been in getting something very exciting and beneficial for our gameplay, that is worth the money.

Why laundry was part of this vote, NOBODY KNOWS. It's pure speculation to say that they did this on purpose. (And honestly, I'm pretty sure that the pack will sell well - just because it will contain laundry.)

Last, but not least: In my first post I was referring to users insinuating that those who voted for laundry were dumb ("simple minds") or else. If you don't belong to those guys, please feel free to ignore my post. Of course, you are "allowed" to be disappointed and upset - who am I to forbid that? (Yeah, I know, you are not upset - and I can clearly see this. ;) ) But please, be fair. It was a vote with four options. No matter what will win, there will always be three out of four people who will be disappointed in the end.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Anything to do with food option :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Look on the bright side. Now laundry is out of the way the rest of them would, together, make a great expansion pack idea.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2017
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I guess I'll need to add a laundromat to San Myshuno for my Sims that don't have any room for a washer/dryer.

@SimGuruGraham Please consider making a stackable washer/dryer in addition to the separate ones. It can save a lot of space for Sims w/ limited space.

You can get all-in-one washer/dryers that look like front-loaders.

These examples are new, but 2-in-1/combo washer/dryers have been around for more than a decade (in the UK, at least):

http://www.lg.com/us/washer-dryer-combos/lg-WM3488HS-front-load-washer
    http://laundry.reviewed.com/news/this-magic-washing-machine-also-dries-clothes-and-orders-detergent

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Oh well. Laundry's better than nectar making :D I voted for off the grid cause it was the only new idea. Laundry I feel would have been perfect with parenthood though not on it's own.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    I wonder how many players even partcipated in the voting, and how many of them put a thought into this, not went just "Oh, laundry! Shiny!". Don't get me wrong, I believe that there are people who have good reasons to want laundry in this particular stuff pack. But I saw quite often people wanting laundry just because it's laundry. It could be fun, but it'd fit another theme more, in my opinion.
    I feel we'd get laundry anyway at some point. I hope we still have chance to see Off the Grid and Perserving Food features in the future.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm glad laundry won. The machines will complete home builds and provide opportunities for laundromats and such too. Lots of possibilities.

An added bonus is getting to see people's true colors around here. Also good. A shame people can't be more considerate, but it's better to know than wonder, I suppose. 'Simple minds', indeed. :| Coming from those who openly admit to cheating the system, it really says something. So credible!

I'm glad I voted for what I wanted to have, instead of voting around what I wanted to spite. Makes this far more fun, you know, because it's a game. :p

Have you seen it mentioned that we'll be able to have community laundry lots?

Laundry: An optional gameplay system that's only used by the active household when laundry objects are placed on the Sim's home lot.

I'll make a laundromat regardless of if it becomes an actual lot type, though that would certainly be nice. I'll just attach it to a diner or something if I need to. Just because it won't have townies using the machines doesn't mean played Sims can't go there and use them. ;) And even if they can't use them on non-residential lots for some reason, I'd still use them as deco.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Hmmm....laundry won. Can't say I'm not disappointed as I was really gunning for Off the Grid but I guess it was a vote. I'm just disappointed as it's unlikely that the other ideas will be included for being too "niche." There's hope though....

I'm just keeping this in thought as a consolation prize:

-I wanted laundry, just not in this pack. If it didn't get the vote there was no guarantee it would have been included if it didn't win.
    -A rural themes GP/EP is on the radar and canning/off the Grid are considered features.
  • Options
    QuanaQuana Posts: 1 New Member
    I was the there have their own pack because it sounds really interesting, but at the same time, I'm glad laundry was number 1
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I don't doubt it. On my private search on Safari I could vote multiple times on the survey. Not all of them are insane, but there are definitely some members of #TeamLaundry that spammed the vote and screwed with the actual results. Again, not all of them, but I expect some of the more aggressive players to have figured that out and taken advantage of the site.

No doubt. I can see it now.....

i32xN6X.gif

I literally had to log in just to laugh at this :lol:

What with this and the pathetic 'pets' EP with two pets (calling a small pets SP and medium pets GP, just to *really* take the biscuit) I'm pretty much done in. Parenthood peaked my interest so I'm good with what I have. I only play this game in short bursts anyway.

I won't be buying anything else and now they're upping their prices, it's just not worth the money and EA seem to think we're made of it. It's gone too far.

--T

• Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I'm not excited for this pack. I didn't want Eco living in the first place and now laundry!? We could have had something really cool and unique.
  • Options
    SoyariSoyari Posts: 1 New Member
    I didn't get a chance to vote, sadly but I do enjoy the whole laundry bit - the only thing I have mixed feelings about is the fact that it seems really plain compared to say, preserving & nectar making. I think that laundry should've been included in parenthood because it could've easily been a chore, could've asked teens to clean up their room such as putting clothes in the hamper or whatever. It would've been nice if for example, the sims clothes got dirty & smelled over time considering they wear the same thing. Also, actually being able to put away the laundry would've been nice & could've given more interactions with dressers aside from just changing outfits.

I do enjoy the idea of preserving though as well & it's sad to see only one feature win, I thought it was pretty unique as well as the nectar making. It would've definitely been a nice way for sims to make additional money or even just on it's own if for example they write books or sell art, etc.
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    Something new would have been nice. Laundry is just meh.
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Well, I'm happy laundry won. It's one of those things I loved about TS3 since I like to play stay at home moms and sims with the neat trait. So yes, call me boring but I do like to have different household chores on my game, it adds a bit of realism to see houses get messy and it makes them feel more like, well, an actual home and it gives maids and my neat sims some purpose. It's fine if people don't like that sort of thing, and while I was pretty certain laundry was going to win, I also knew a lot of people would be upset by it. But in the end this was a fans' vote so if laundry won, it means a lot of people miss that feature in their games. Would I prefer if laundry would be added in a pack like Parenthood? Of course. But then again, a lot of things that came out in SPs should've been added in GPs or EPs, so this is not the first time it happens. Personally I don't like stuff packs but since laundry was presented as a choice for this one, I'd rather have it on a SP than risk it to not have it at all.
  • Options
    PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    Here's hoping there is some funky eco living out door drying type laundry items rather than just a couple of machines and random piles of washing.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Laundry actually doesn't seem big enough for a pack anyway. It would be nice if they could add a lot of building stuff to pad it out.(just hoping).

It does mean that it will be a long time coming though and EA will be getting paid for it, annoying those who think it should be a freebie as Toddlers was.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Laundry actually doesn't seem big enough for a pack anyway. It would be nice if they could add a lot of building stuff to pad it out.(just hoping).

If they add what it says on the survey it will have washers, dryers, hampers, a wash tub and a clothes line. A lot of SPs already released offered way less than that in terms of gameplay objects. I just hope these objects will have decent animations tied to it (like sims actually hanging clothes on the clothesline instead of them just magically appearing there on their own).
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Eh, yeah, I'm now on the fence about this pack. I like a few of the items in it but I'm not sure that there will be enough to interest me.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @SimGuruGraham would be nice if the washer had an animation to leave the washer lid open or close depending on what the sims decide
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    We were very eco friendly when I was young. We sent all our large items to the local Laundry. Big box - collected every week - returned cleaned and ironed the next. That's the way to live!

This pack should contain the options for the maids and butlers from Glam Stuff to do all our washing for us so we don't have to.
  • Options
    DanyVanDriebenDanyVanDrieben Posts: 4 New Member
    Laundry has won?
    Actually, I had already thought of something like this. Before the voting had already began, many people have written: "we want the washing machine back" (There was already something programmed in advance).
    Please add in this accessory pack also the window from Sims3 "Town Life Stuff"With the different motifs (gym, laundry and library)
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    My first choice was food preserves, but I am happy that laundry won, because it was my second choice. I am looking forward to the full designs for the gameplay features.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top