Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    SimmerMoon wrote: »
    I'm disappointed, since I wanted Off the Grid, but oh, well. I hope all of the laundry people enjoy it. I rarely used it in TS3, maybe I'll use it more this time around?

I might if they do an off the grid game pack, and I can thoroughly enjoy having my sims wash clothes by hand more.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,065 Member
    edited June 2017
    deleted
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,065 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    My only request, is I want mischief options for the washer. I want it to break and be able to set it on fire if a Sim chooses. Kind of like these videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B60rPgwY1Gw

Wash toddler into Washer
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    A clothesline and washtub is eco friendly.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    lexus20 wrote: »
    With these results in hand, we have a clear path forward for this pack. In the coming weeks our Stuff Pack designer will get to work writing full designs for Washers, Dryers, Clotheslines, Wash Tubs, and Ironing Boards. I'm looking forward to sharing those full designs with you, so that we can collaborate on the little details which are so important to creating a fun - and full - Sims experience.

@SimGuruGraham So ironing boards will be added too? :) I thought they had been scrapped since they were not in the survey description. What about hampers?

My mistake. Ironing boards are something we're hoping to squeeze in; they weren't included in the blurbs from the vote as we don't yet know with confidence if they'll fit. That should have said Hampers. I've corrected the original post.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Am I surprised? Not in the slightest. Laundry was a dead cert the second the theming announced, in fact given that Graham said months ago to make noise if we wanted laundry there was no way it was going to lose with the other ideas splitting the vote.
    I think it's safe to say the eco living theme just went out the window.

At least with laundry in previous games it was one of many features we got with an expansion. I can't say I want to pay to do chores I do daily in real life.

I think in order to make laundry half decent it should have been given its own theme from the start and its own pack. The eco living theme is wasted on laundry given that washing machines and tumble dryers are not eco friendly.

But I hope for the laundry fans this enhances your gameplay and it's everything you hoped for.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,648 Member
    They should do a plot twist and make laundry in this pack just be wash tubs and clothing line and no washing machines/dryers. Cuz only then, it will suit the eco-living theme. :P Who's with me??! :DI'm just joking... maybe not really...
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Congrats to those who voted laundry :)
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    My hopes of what this pack will include since it will be about laundry.
    - Sims that have laundry objects on the lot will be given negative moodlet for not doing their laundry and their clothes will appear dirty.
    - Children and childish sims can sit on washers and dryers for fun.
    - Toddlers can watch washers to be mesmerized.
    - Washers, dryers and clotheslines can be sabotage for hilarious outcomes.
    - Clumsy sims can sometimes fail at loading washers and dryers.

I doubt all those things will be added but it would be great if at least 2 of them were added.
  • Options
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Wow, first of all, the style/theme of the pack that won was the opposite of my choice... and there's not enough male CAS that made it to the pack, and now you're telling me laundry won? In an eco living pack?!

Gaaah, my heart!! I need to sit down or I'm gonna pass out...

Let's just call the pack something like rustic living and let them make a true eco living game pack out of the other ideas, featuring the more modern eco friendly style that didn't get voted on.

Let's be real : laundry won solely because of the feature itself, since it definitely doesn't fit the theme of the pack we had decided upon.

I'm happy we get laundry, but with this pack theme and out of so many other ideas where the CAS and build assets actually would have made sense thematically ? Yeah, honestly this is just another example of the mindlessness of people in this community.

But I can't wait for another community SP where we will vote on a Medieval theme and get lawnmowers as a gameplay feature because it's one of the options for some reason.

Hahahahahahaha now a little part of me wants to see a medieval theme with lawnmowers
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    This is NOT Eco Living anymore. I would change the name to something entirely else.

I'm not surprised laundry won, although I had hopes for Off the Grid. The one thing, I'm unhappy about is, that the design blurbs weren't interesting enough for Off the Grid. You only described maintenance objects. Something appealing was missing.
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    well at least that's $10 in pocket that I get to keep.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    DarkZalethDarkZaleth Posts: 6 New Member
    To me this is not an Eco pack at all, laundry should not have ever been an option and Canning should have been part of the Living off the grid which should be part of the ECO pack, When we got free ECO stuff for sims 3 it had an electric car, windmill, and solar panels all things for living clean or ECO Friendly. Right now with this pack there is no way to live off the grid so in essence its simply a laundry pack with some hippy clothing. I expected more choose from than we got and am very disappointed in the fact that we were not given better game options than we had. Not sure I will bother to purchase this one at least till there is a good sale because when I think of ECO I think of Canning, solar panels and ways to live without harming the environment! If you want to have laundry do a separate stuff pack and add it there .......
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I cannot believe the sims community right now. Laundry, the most mundane chore to do in real life has been chosen to do in a game. I am just absolutely disappointed, more stuff packs over actual gameplay that this game desperately needs. 12 stuff packs, only 3eps, 5 game packs and this is what we asked for? What will we vote for next guys? Churning butter stuff pack?
    giphy.gif

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2017
    :'(Please tell me you will incorporate Off the Grid to the game sometime soon. Please I need it so badly. I beg you!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2017
    My mistake. Ironing boards are something we're hoping to squeeze in; they weren't included in the blurbs from the vote as we don't yet know with confidence if they'll fit. That should have said Hampers. I've corrected the original post.

I'm going to cross my fingers for an ironing board end table. :)

Random thoughts:

If toddlers (and maybe pets one day) can sleep or hide in the hampers that would be adorable.

I like Phantom's suggestion (on Twitter) about making the washing pile smelly!

The maid needs to take care of laundry!!!

I liked Cat's idea (also on Twitter) about the machine breaking down and there being soap bubbles everywhere, and to have them coating a Sim like the slip n slide.

If there were multiple machines that would be great! A retro low-end and a modern high-end option. The low-end could break more. But if there is only one model, could it be quite versatile and have old and new swatches (variants!) so we can use it anywhere.

I'm happy to have a new thing for my mechanics to work on, so I'd love a few upgrade options like 'economy wash', 'heavier loads', 'extra fresh', 'faster spin' and 'less breakdowns'.

I hope Laundry was the one you wanted to win. :-3
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I cannot believe the sims community right now. Laundry, the most mundane chore to do in real life has been chosen to do in a game. I am just absolutely disappointed, more stuff packs over actual gameplay that this game desperately needs. 12 stuff packs, only 3eps, 5 game packs and this is what we asked for? What will we vote for next guys? Churning butter stuff pack?

The make the beds stuff pack :p
  • Options
    :'(Please tell me you will incorporate Off the Grid to the game sometime soon. Please I need it so badly. I beg you!

Sign my petition to make the other three options a game pack?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920686/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-1-signature
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Vacuums, brooms, and dusters could be next
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I am honestly fine with this, I need to see the finished product before judging and this just goes to show how varied the opinions of Simmers are.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Don't give up hope for the other ideas guys. I could totally see food preserves making it in a seasons pack in the future.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I bet the vote was a bit of a wash, I'm worried that laundry will be too dry of a feature... Hopefully this won't deter(gent) me from buying the SP in the end. Maybe once we iron out a few of the last details it'll become a bit more exciting.

Why would it be a dry feature? the Fitness SP and its climbing wall... to me that is an example of a ''dry feature''. I barely use it, while Laundry is part of day to day life. But of course, it all comes down to how you play!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Wow, first of all, the style/theme of the pack that won was the opposite of my choice... and there's not enough male CAS that made it to the pack, and now you're telling me laundry won? In an eco living pack?!

Gaaah, my heart!! I need to sit down or I'm gonna pass out...

I want a pack that heavily adds CaS items for Male Sims because it's honestly getting ridiculous imo.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top