Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    YAY!!!

But I do want to also say that I think the other three as a game pack would be amazing. I really hope the game pack team takes this into consideration! Together they would create a really fun and unique style of game play we have never had in The Sims before and the game pack team has always done a great job so they would nail this one out of the park, I have no doubt!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • BlueIsis433BlueIsis433 Posts: 26 Member
    Oh well get to save my money, would have bought it if any of the other 3 had won. Laundry drove me crazy in Sims 3, sims dumping clothes everywhere, so much so I never used any of it in my sims homes.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I really don't know how they will pull this off. I hope to they do! but it will be hard. If your sim cloths are dirty why do laundry? just go to the dresser and change it with the unlimited amount of cloths. They should make it like sims 2 where you had to go shopping for new cloths. It would be a good idea if they make it so it grays out the dresser "plan outfit" and such if you don't do laundry because realistically you have nothing to wear. Or if you could even get your cloths dirty.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

tumblr_mo20pz6YCO1rnr4rko1_500.gif

tumblr_o27bnkuxq41s3y9slo1_500.gif

tumblr_mqzlor6fnw1qdlh1io1_400.gif

And did I hear...

IRONING BOARDS!?!?!?!?!?!?

7c8M9nt.gif
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I really don't know how they will pull this off. I hope to they do! but it will be hard. If your sim cloths are dirty why do laundry? just go to the dresser and change it with the unlimited amount of cloths. They should make it like sims 2 where you had to go shopping for new cloths. It would be a good idea if they make it so it grays out the dresser "plan outfit" and such if you don't do laundry because realistically you have nothing to wear. Or if you could even get your cloths dirty.

I like your idea of graying out the dresser. There should be an end. A person only has so much clean underwear lol. But once the hampers are full, then you end up with clothes piles. Which when you have a large family with a bunch of kids, that tends to happen anyway.

Teens and kids should be able to throw their clothes on the floor too, which if you have Parenthood would decrease Responsibility. Then parents can Influence them to clean their rooms. Washing cloths can be one way teens earn Responsibility too (or maybe punishment? haha)
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

edited June 2017
    You forgot hampers.

DYxZM.gif

But seriously, please add them.
  • blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    I'm happy that laundry won even though I had a tough time deciding between food preserves and off the grid.
    The main deciding factor for me was that it was unlikely that laundry would be included in another pack because it's precisely a feature I have a hard time explaining the appeal of, even though I wanted it to return. Seriously, I get why people are confused and bitter that it won. I guess I like having a stay at home parent pick up clothes off the ground when the kids have gone to school, that weird sense of satisfaction when a Sim has a 'fresh sheets' moodlet, the realism from having a laundry room in a family home. It's a universal feature we all have to deal with so pretty much all my families will get some use from the features unlike Off the Grid which I would only apply to a couple of my more 'out-there' sims.

Food preserves would fit really well in a Rural Life pack that I hope and think is eventually going to come, but laundry? On paper, the most boring feature? I had to bite the bullet and vote for it.
    The only exception to this result came from players in Russia, where Food Preserves swapped places with Off the Grid by a slim margin.

Can we talk about Russia's impeccable taste for a minute? Please let's get that Preserves SP in the works soon!
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    YAY!!!

But I do want to also say that I think the other three as a game pack would be amazing. I really hope the game pack team takes this into consideration! Together they would create a really fun and unique style of game play we have never had in The Sims before and the game pack team has always done a great job so they would nail this one out of the park, I have no doubt!

Sign my petition?
    I am determined to make this live on

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920686/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-1-signature
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2017
    Oh I do have a story of growing up. So California has a lot of droughts and there are actually ways methods to be eco-friendly with it and reuse water. You get biodegradable detergent. It is called using grey water to water plants. It's how my family managed to keep our lawns green during low water months.

More information about it here: https://www.treehugger.com/green-home/how-reuse-grey-water-home-and-yard.html
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    With these results in hand, we have a clear path forward for this pack. In the coming weeks our Stuff Pack designer will get to work writing full designs for Washers, Dryers, Clotheslines, Wash Tubs, and Ironing Boards. I'm looking forward to sharing those full designs with you, so that we can collaborate on the little details which are so important to creating a fun - and full - Sims experience.

@SimGuruGraham So ironing boards will be added too? :) I thought they had been scrapped since they were not in the survey description. What about hampers?
  • bsimthbsimth Posts: 82 Member
    [Moonwalks across my desktop] Yes, yes I know change is good and would love to see 'off the grid' some day. BUT...laundry is so nostalgic! I know the team will automatically go with the classic machines. However, you all are phenomenal at keeping up with the trends. I hope you consider the 2-1 washing machine that they feature on tons of build shows. Especially useful for small footprints of tiny homes. ♥ @SimGuruGraham, you're a superb pixel for this voting opportunity. It makes us feel #TeamSims4 status and makes the wait time a tad bit less painful. =D
    tumblr_or1ub9LXUf1rk8hu7o1_r1_1280.png

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member

I like your idea of graying out the dresser. There should be an end. A person only has so much clean underwear lol. But once the hampers are full, then you end up with clothes piles. Which when you have a large family with a bunch of kids, that tends to happen anyway.

Teens and kids should be able to throw their clothes on the floor too, which if you have Parenthood would decrease Responsibility. Then parents can Influence them to clean their rooms. Washing cloths can be one way teens earn Responsibility too (or maybe punishment? haha)

how about this as well give me your tough an interaction by the mom and dad parenthood don't mess up your clothe tense moodlet on the sims parents angry if see clothes dirty and kids and teen become embarass if sim mom ask if the kids or teen are ask if they change there underwear
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    It would be great if cloths can get dirty and wrinkled then my homeless sims can look homeless. Would be a great time to bring back the flies for the cloths that are extra dirty. That annoying noise would definitely make me want to wash my sims cloths lol
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    It would be great if cloths can get dirty and wrinkled then my homeless sims can look homeless. Would be a great time to bring back the flies for the cloths that are extra dirty. That annoying noise would definitely make me want to wash my sims cloths lol

Omg if the clothes could deteriorate over time like the furniture used to... Yaaaaasss
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

Omg if the clothes could deteriorate over time like the furniture used to... Yaaaaasss

Yes and if you don't want to do laundry, go shopping for new cloths because everything in your dresser is dirty! Kill 2 birds with 1 stone a point to laundry and a point to go out of your house to shopping malls.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    *sigh* Not sure if I'm even going to by this pack anymore.

Before the vote I thought "I'll get it no matter what, even if laundry wins"
    But now that I think about it, I don't want to encourage EA pulling this nonsense again when it should have been put in the Parenthood pack or another pack instead of shafting new features for it. So while I've bought every pack so far just for the sake of having them, I'll skip this one on principle and hope the others are cooler.

That's what I thought too, but now I am definitely thinking about it. They use a hyped up gameplay feature amongst a bunch of features that had almost no current demand. Like I have stated once, I'm sure they did exactly this knowing players would pick it, giving them an excuse to make you pay for it instead of giving it out for free.

Yeah, at this rate I won't be buying Sims 5 either if they plan on making basic features cost money like that. I think I'll just get some more 3 expansions and keep it at that.

You were charged for things like this in The Sims 3 though too....like
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'm glad laundry won. The machines will complete home builds and provide opportunities for laundromats and such too. Lots of possibilities.

An added bonus is getting to see people's true colors around here. Also good. A shame people can't be more considerate, but it's better to know than wonder, I suppose. 'Simple minds', indeed. :| Coming from those who openly admit to cheating the system, it really says something. So credible!

I'm glad I voted for what I wanted to have, instead of voting around what I wanted to spite. Makes this far more fun, you know, because it's a game. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • YumiSimsYumiSims Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Kuroi said:
    > Come on guys, don't be bad losers. It was a fair vote and the majority chose what the majority chose. Moaning because your favourite feature didn't win looks a lot like a "simple pleasure for simple minds" too.

Sorry, but I will have to disagree. EA definitely knows and is very aware how we have always liked the thought of having laundry. But putting it in a servery with three other options that we would probably never think of ever again is just pointless. We are giving our vote and opinion on what we think is Eco-friendly. Washing machines and dryers aren't Eco-friendly one bit. Might as well given us a servery with laundry as every vote since EA most likely already knew the majority will vote for laundry. I have said this before, I am not upset and I don't think ANYONE ELSE is. They are upset that The Sims Team is obviously trying to get more money for things that don't enhance gameplay. Simmers are paying money for these packs which is just like burning money. I hope this pack will receive the lowest sales. Not because I hate EA or anyone from The Sims Team, but because I would like to prove a point as to how patient we have been in getting something very exciting and beneficial for our gameplay, that is worth the money.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,838 Member
    I'm glad laundry won. The machines will complete home builds and provide opportunities for laundromats and such too. Lots of possibilities.

An added bonus is getting to see people's true colors around here. Also good. A shame people can't be more considerate, but it's better to know than wonder, I suppose. 'Simple minds', indeed. :| Coming from those who openly admit to cheating the system, it really says something. So credible!

I'm glad I voted for what I wanted to have, instead of voting around what I wanted to spite. Makes this far more fun, you know, because it's a game. :p

Have you seen it mentioned that we'll be able to have community laundry lots?

Laundry: An optional gameplay system that's only used by the active household when laundry objects are placed on the Sim's home lot.
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    General warning...

Posts criticizing other individuals for how they chose to vote are not acceptable. The same goes for personal comments about other forum posters. Other than that, you're welcome to post your thoughts regarding the outcome of the vote.

Subsequently, I've deleted some posts in this thread.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2017
    Thank you, SimGruGraham.
    Is it okay to say that the Laundry people wouldn't consider any other options because they were...

...clothes minded?
    Post edited by TheLibrarySim on
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    [quote="TheGoodOldGamer;c-15860922"]I'm glad laundry won. The machines will complete home builds and provide opportunities for laundromats and such too. Lots of possibilities.

I'm glad I voted for what I wanted to have, instead of voting around what I wanted to spite. Makes this far more fun, you know, because it's a game. :p [/quote]

I don't see that many people being bitter because laundry won. What I do see, though, is a lot of people looking down on others because they're disappointed? I voted for Off the Grid because it sounded amazing. Laundry in this pack is going to be very limited - it even says that the laundromat is going to be a rabbit hole. It's very weak, in my opinion, and I feel the team lucked out on making laundry more in depth by getting everybody to vote for it in a STUFF pack. Its funny how even the win is a wasted opportunity.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    > @TheLibrarySim said:
    > Thank you, SimGruGraham.
    > Is it okay to say that the Laundry people wouldn't consider any other options because they were...
    >
    >
    > ...clothed minded?

A++ Joke
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,838 Member

I don't see that many people being bitter because laundry won. What I do see, though, is a lot of people looking down on others because they're disappointed? I voted for Off the Grid because it sounded amazing. Laundry in this pack is going to be very limited - it even says that the laundromat is going to be a rabbit hole. It's very weak, in my opinion, and I feel the team lucked out on making laundry more in depth by getting everybody to vote for it in a STUFF pack. Its funny how even the win is a wasted opportunity.

Where did you see that laundromats will be rabbitholes?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top