Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Back to the Basics - Winner Announced!

Comments

• Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @MizoreYukii I should have this in later tonight or tomorrow. I'm trying to do something with Sims 3, but I haven't done much with S3 on this computer.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Have the two looks, just need to create the set and take the shots! Which im going to do tonight after I get off work! ;)
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    I am going to need an extension as well.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited June 2017
    Edit: BRB.
    Post edited by Movotti on
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited June 2017
    Before anyone else submits, remember that this is an in-game only comp, meaning you are not allowed to cut out your sims! The only editing allowed are the ones in the exception list in the rules. If you have done so, or are in the process of doing so, you have an automatic extension to fix it, since today is the due date. (And remember that resubmissions are allowed in general. ;))

I did notice I forgot to mention what happens when you do editing that isn't allowed though, so have gone and added this to the scoring section under Composition.
    Note: Any editing that isn't on the exception list will result in a deduction from here. Cutting out sims or objects results in an automatic zero since it defeats the purpose of this comp, and other editing (like drawing) will result in 2.5 points being deducted (that way it is half of the score). Even after having 2.5 removed from this section, the judges will still score your composition, so it is possible to receive a Composition score lower than 2.5.
    Looking forward to the rest of your entries!
    (It seems Alexis hasn't logged on since the 14th, so if she doesn't check in tonight she has an extension like everyone else.)

@Jendowoz0612 @Rawla @Movotti @Socallucyfan @wbombje @Penguinwa101 @MissBirdie @Kelebek @alexis3142
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    The thing I like is that we can use different models, gave this round to Nat, she needed to stretch her modeling legs.
    made kinda the same-ish look one is more formal, the other more casual party look.

Assignment 2 – One Shot, Two Shot

QEXAq7w.jpg
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @MizoreYukii <3 Sorry I missed this!!! I just logged in & saw the Modeling Directory and read the open sign-ups, and then came on over and have missed out! :'( I was supposed to be cleared tomorrow....I will have to get mad at my doctor tomorrow. LOL - he should know a girl's gotta sim! :D

I will happily be lurking, as I will be checking in now daily...hopefully! :) I sure hope there will be another cycle.

Everyone's entries so far for Assignment 1 AND 2 have been so lovely and funny (#1). Great jobs ALL! ;)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    Before anyone else submits, remember that this is an in-game only comp, meaning you are not allowed to cut out your sims! The only editing allowed are the ones in the exception list in the rules. If you have done so, or are in the process of doing so, you have an automatic extension to fix it, since today is the due date. (And remember that resubmissions are allowed in general. ;))

I did notice I forgot to mention what happens when you do editing that isn't allowed though, so have gone and added this to the scoring section under Composition.
    Note: Any editing that isn't on the exception list will result in a deduction from here. Cutting out sims or objects results in an automatic zero since it defeats the purpose of this comp, and other editing (like drawing) will result in 2.5 points being deducted (that way it is half of the score). Even after having 2.5 removed from this section, the judges will still score your composition, so it is possible to receive a Composition score lower than 2.5.
    Looking forward to the rest of your entries!
    (It seems Alexis hasn't logged on since the 14th, so if she doesn't check in tonight she has an extension like everyone else.)

@Jendowoz0612 @Rawla @Movotti @Socallucyfan @wbombje @Penguinwa101 @MissBirdie @Kelebek @alexis3142

Oh.
    Right.
    *facepalm*

Yep
    Gonna need that extension for a redo.

• Options
    @MizoreYukii I am going to need the extension, it looks like Sims 3 isn't going to work for me, at least for this round :'( .
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited June 2017
    @ArtsyAmy
    OMGOSHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSS YOUR BACK!!!!!! I HOPE!!!!!! And Sounds like your Much BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO EXCITED to See YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p<3<3:*:* YAYYYYYYYYY ;);) Sorry for Caps...........it's Excitement not yellingggggggg LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

@abelhinha35 ---- Looking Great...........Can't wait to see your Re-Submit......... :*:*
    @Jendowoz0612
    Wowwwwwwww This is Amazeeeeeeeee Ballzzzzzzzzz! My "New Saying" Lately!!!!!!!!! Fantasticcccc Entry My Friend <3:*:* Very High Fashion IMO

@Penguinwa101
    Again Amaze Balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVING these Outfits ** Love This Look :*:o<3 Smexy! & & Super High Fashion IMO

Can't wait to see Everyone Else's Entries................. so EXCITED............... :o:*<3;) This will be a HARD Round to JUDGE................ ;)
  • Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    edited June 2017
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA Thanks Hun! <3 Definitely missed you & my ears are just fine; not too loud for me :D !!!

btw: Yes, I am good now. :)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Such Awesome NEWS!!!!!!! @ArtsyAmy :*:p<3:D Welcome BACK!!!!!!!! <3
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Extensions are fine! @wbombje Sorry it didn't work out this round. D:

@ArtsyAmy Heeey Amy! Glad to see you back and healthy! I'm sorry you missed the signups. >_< If you're okay with taking a score of 60 for the first round (lowest total for A1, to be fair to the others) you're welcome to squeeze in an app and A2 by the extension due date, the 20th. If you can't make it or would prefer to wait for next cycle, that's fine too! Just thought I'd extend that offer to you since we're still doing A2 and A1 was what they submitted for signups (no mock this cycle). I had kept signups open for two weeks hoping you'd show, just a few days off the mark! xD
  • Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member

34559622074_4a4808e5a2_o.png

Didn't have time to do this and I'm totally not happy with it but wanted to get something in.. Cinzia tends to dress more grunge, but with an added glam when needed.
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options

tumblr_orsrkrphEh1v2n804o1_1280.jpg

I've really struggled with this. :/

I tried using other locations, I tried to make this one work better. Most poses put sim inside of objects, or make them sit off the object you're trying to make them sit on.
    So I used one pose, and then gave up, and let Trash give us blue steel in his own natural fashion... glumly.

Is this bordering on what they call resortwear?
    Trash hates resorts. Hates anywhere sunny, and really would never visit the tropics by choice.

What these shots lack in quality, they make up with personality.
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Looks great, @Movotti and so does Trash!

• Options
    OH Wow..............Sorry to hear that @wbombje -- I Must of missed your Post.........Hope to see you in Next Round and hope your get your game issues taken care of............ Will Miss Your Submit!!!!!!

@MissBirdie
    Loving those Poses...........She Looks Gorgeoussssssss!

@Movotti
    I LOVE your explanations and TRASH is Hilarious!!!!!!! He looks so UNHAPPY being in the "TROPICS" Poor Guy!!!!!! LOVING THESE Shots!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't be Trash without a Tad of Humour sometimes
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    This round is going to be so tough to judge, I love everyone's!! You all did soooo good!
  • Options
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA Thank you, but I'm still entering, lol. I just really wanted to use Sims 3, but had to scrap my idea completely. Should have mine up soon :) !
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    Assignment 2: One shot, Two Shot
    Lilliana Gold

RurFW43.png

Sorry, it's a bit rushed. I still tried to go with the desert/punk/sci-fi look that I was going to try with Sims 3, but that look probably would have been way better.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    @abelhinha35 Loved your first shot, but this this one as well. Awesome male model!

@Jendowoz0612 Amazing. I love the leopard print.

@Penguinwa101 Nat looks gorgeous and I love the black and white stripes.

@missbirdie Super cute outfits. I love your model's eyes.

@movotti Trash still looks great in border line resort wear. He looks so miserable by the pool :D !
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    Oh, and @MizoreYukii I didn't recolor anything in Gimp. I recolored the leggings using TS4 Studio awhile ago. They were base game leggings that I added a bunch of prints and patterns to. These just happened to look a lot like the pattern of the dress.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    WOWZZZZZZZZERZZZ!!!!!! ABSO Love these Sci-Fi / Punk / Desert LOOKS.......SO Colourful Amazing Work!!!!!!!!!! @wbombje

This is going to be so HARD to JUDGE............But Excited to do it...............!!! Everyone is KILLIN' This Round :*<3

@wbombje
    I Also Love Playing around in Sims 4 Studio............ :D
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA Thank you so much! Yeah, almost all of my looks in Miss Fashionista, except the last one were mostly recolors by me.

I really miss Sims 3, because you can make your own patterns and slap them on anything, as well as the endless already existing patterns and billions of color combos you can put on anything.

Plus there are so many amazing in-game locations.

Sigh, I'm probably still going to try to get a Sims 3 shot every round, if I'm not too busy. Maybe I can stay in CAS long enough without the game crashing for at least one of them. On my old computer it never crashed.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @wbombje --- I never played Sims 3............ I Played the "Original" All Expansions ... Tried Sims 2 but it seemed very complicated compared to 1......... and I didn't like the looks of the graphics at all.........seemed glitchy to me.........! SO I totally gave up gaming with other interests.........I didn't even know I had bought the Base Game for Sims 3 til I bought 4........ and it was there........ LOL LOL ...........SO All I know is 1 & 4 ....... I hear a lot about 3 being better in many ways than 4.........but I wouldn't know......... and kind of glad I don't LOLLLLLLLL

OH Wow........ Didn't know your clothes in Fashionista were Recolours ............ So Lovely! I get on kicks doing recolours -- I need more practice to use any of mine I did use a Top I recoloured in one of the comps :p I Cannot figure out the "Paintings" in Harmony they now have this Weird Texture........Use to that was such an easy recolour.........Now I have to clue how to do them...........I am learning wallpaper though........bit boring...... I like doing Clothes the Most