Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Back to the Basics - Winner Announced!

Comments

• Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @MizoreYukii Did my app show up as transparent?

A while ago I saved a transparent picture, background removed, and uploaded it to flickr. When I posted the background looked kind of pinkish. I asked if anyone knew what was up with that and I was told it was probably uploaded as JPG and lost its transparency. I checked it and uploaded a PNG, but again, pink background. I switched to IMGUR for a little while, but went back to flickr. I didn't notice any background so I assumed they fixed a bug on the site. I assumed that it is saving as transparent PNG because no one ever said it wasn't.

Just curious if mine was transparent on your end?
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA Thank you :)! I hope you can get something in.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA Hey! I'm not sure why the system didn't alert you to the tag, but welcome aboard! Having another judge would be nice, but if you want to compete instead you can. Either or is fine.

@wbombje Yours wasn't transparent. My photos from Flickr stay transparent after posting (just tested to make sure it wasn't an error), so I'm not sure what is going on. There could be a setting on Flickr that is causing it, but if there is I have it disabled.
    I just did a quick search, and the most recent answer I found was in 2013 where alternative sizes change the background. I tested it again with something other than my original size, and Flickr converted it to JPEG and removed the transparent background. In other words, only post the original sizes when dealing with Flickr and transparency. xD Your photo saved as PNG though while my smaller size saved as JPEG, so that might not entirely be the issue. We'll have to see!

If anyone else uses Flickr and the same thing happened, make sure to post with the original sizes only!

We have a last minute entry that asked for an extension via PM, so 2 days for them! If anyone else needs an extension just ask!

Round 2 goes up tomorrow (or tonight) so you guys can get a head start.
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii I didn't realize that it was not posting as transparent. I don't know if you've made the model wall yet, but if not, I can upload it on IMGUR and send it to you. I don't want you to work too hard.

I will see if I can find out why it's doing that.

I opened up the file, and I didn't forget to remove the background, and it's transparent. Also, I believe that I posted the original size, which I almost always do. Let me check my flickr settings to see what's going on.

I hope it hasn't always been doing this :(. No one ever really said anything about it not being transparent, but I haven't entered a lot of comps, especially recently. I don't want hosts to have to do the extra work of cutting it out when I have the transparent file.
    I'm just showing how it was saved as transparent and a png file.

34863684330_6f5ee3fe60_o.png

Let me know if you want me to send you the transparent one using IMGUR. Sorry if you've already cut it out :(.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hey Miz.............Let me contemplate a bit and decide if I want to Judge or Participate.........I wanna do both............ LOL LOL Be back soon with an answer thanks for welcoming me DOLL <3:*@MizoreYukii
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited June 2017
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA

Whatever you choose will be great. Love to see you judging again, Tonya, you are always so bright and bubbly. :)

• Options
    OK That didn't take long...........I will Judge IF that's OK??????? <3:* I will get my App together ..........and Study up on Requirements and such <3
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa We posted the same time Jen!!!!!!!!!! @Jendowoz0612 Yeah I Did enjoy Judging with MOTY with JO JO .............and Thats soooooooo SWEET of you to say!!!!! <3<3 OHHHHH and when back in game tonight I will look for what you were asking for..........HUN
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    LOL, @wbombje love your shot, so cute. :D

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 Thank you. I love yours, too :). Her face is priceless :D !

@TEXASTWANGTONYA Yay! I'm so glad you decided to be a judge for this.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    @Socallucyfan I love the air guitar! I also love his red hair :).

@missbirdie Luna is so beautiful. I love the look on her face as she tries to concentrate.

@abelhinha35 Just awesome and hilarious :D !

@Movotti Trash is looking awesome. Not sure if I'd like being his food server, though :D .
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    So many fun entries have come in! :smiley:
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    All these entries are priceless lol. Great entries everyone. <3<3
  • Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    Username/Preferred Name: Kelebek

Body shot:

PYUcmCP.png
  • Options
    @wbombje I figured it out! Well, I think. I'm not sure if this is what caused it for you, but this is definitely an issue everyone should be aware of!

When Exporting in Gimp to .PNG, you must uncheck the box that says "Save Background Color". It forces the program to keep the background despite you taking the time to cut the model out! I just tested it myself, because I remembered this setting from getting on Gimp earlier, and it put a background on my cutout sim. Once I unchecked it she saved just fine.
    If anyone else uses Gimp, please be aware of this setting and make sure it is off! If it isn't off, your models will save with a background attached despite cutting them out and saving as PNG.
    ExportingTransparency.png~original

Also, I haven't made the wall yet or cut her out, but thank you! If you could reupload her that would be fantastic. :3

@TEXASTWANGTONYA Yay! Happy to have you as a judge! =D
  • Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    Assignment 1:

Shake what ya mama gave ya!

aGSxO1o.png
  • Options
    @Kelebek Lol, what an awesome picture :).

@MizoreYukii Okay, I have this one. I uploaded to IMGUR just in case. I also saved it and opened it, and it looks like the transparency is saved. Let me know if you have any issues with it. Thank you for looking into it!
    7UVCSWm.png
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    @MizoreYukii I apologize, I have not been on my laptop, since finals just ended today. :(
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    @alexis3142 It's alright, do you still want to enter? I only have one set of judge's scores at the moment. If you can get something in by tonight or tomorrow before the rest of us finish you can still join. ^_^
  • Options
    @alexis3142 It's alright, do you still want to enter? I only have one set of judge's scores at the moment. If you can get something in by tonight or tomorrow before the rest of us finish you can still join. ^_^

Oh wow thank you so much! Once I get home I will get started!!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    @alexis3142 You're welcome! Looking forward to your work!
    I forgot I took down the application form earlier this morning. xD Here it is again.
    Username/Preferred Name: [What you want to be called.]
    Body Shot: [Regular body shot, standing, facing camera. Poses can be happy or model based. Ladies wear a blue dress; guys wear a blue shirt (I’m thinking sky blue, baby blue, etc.). Choose either white or black as your accenting/additional colors for shoes, pants, accessories, etc. Gold/silver for accessories is okay. No purses and no props (so no food, no umbrellas, etc.). Makeup can be anything. Hair can be anything. Please submit on a transparent background. Transparency only saves with PNG, so no JPG or JPEG!]*
    (*This will be the only editing you are required to do for the rest of the comp, unless otherwise stated. :3)

Copy and paste this form for easier use.
    [b]Username/Preferred Name:[/b] 
    [i]Body Shot:[/i]

• Options
    Username/Preferred Name: Alexis
    Body Shot:
    cZueIho.png
    Assignment 1:
    Go caught dreaming big!
    vzScnf6.png
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @alexis3142 They are scoring your pic now, but we're a bit confused by the caption and image though, do you mind explaining? xD
  • Options
    I apologize for the delay in uploading the next round. After I finished detailing A2, I realized the theme I had would be better as a later assignment, so I asked my judges if I should post or save it for later, and it was agreed to save it for later. So the assignment has been switched with another one. I then had to rethink a few assignment labels (candid and/or modeling), and a few other things I won't bore you with, lol.

In other words, Assignment 2 is up! Hopefully I explained everything properly, but if not, ask questions.

Judging is almost done! Scores should be up tomorrow evening.

@Rawla @Socallucyfan @Penguinwa101 @MissBirdie @Jendowoz0612 @abelhinha35 @Movotti @wbombje @Kelebek @alexis3142

• Options
    @alexis3142 They are scoring your pic now, but we're a bit confused by the caption and image though, do you mind explaining? xD
    Oh yeah! haha Basically she was playing basket ball and the "dream big" option which she them fell on her but and the basket ball hit her head, and it made me laugh :) so it was kinda silly and clumsy

Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif