Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Back to the Basics - Winner Announced!

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Scores are up! It's a bit ugly atm, I'm still figuring out the best formatting for this comp. (Feedback is appreciated.)
    We have two ties, so please make sure to scroll on the areas marked "Tied"! Also, your scores are under your images, the total is above your image. I'll be moving them next round. xD

I can't tell if the tag list from my last post worked, so I'm saying again that your Assignment 2 is up.

@Jendowoz0612 @Rawla @Movotti @abelhinha35 @Socallucyfan @wbombje @Penguinwa101 @MissBirdie @Kelebek @alexis3142
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited June 2017
    @MizoreYukii

Congratulations to the top 3, nicely done.
    Checking in, Mizzie looking forward to this one.

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Excellent round everyone. <3 Congrats to the winner and 2nd place. <3 Thanks for the feedback and my placing. :) Sorry about the ingame reference, must have miss that. :)
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Thank you for the comments. Congrats on the winner. The wording that went with my entry was not a caption. It was a behind the scenes note I thought you might find amusing. The idea of a 'caption' was not discussed until after my entry was in. Had I known, I would have come up with a cute one. That being said, the entries from everyone were awesome! Congrats again.
    @Rawla Sorry, let me explain. Captions, quotes, stories, notes, etc. are optional and will continue to be optional unless otherwise noted. What I meant was that you presented us with this really unique idea in the note, but didn't show it outside the note, and I think that if you had zoomed out to show it you probably would have scored higher in some areas, especially Creativity as it would have been really unique. However, I only scored on what was presented since captions, etc. are not required, so you weren't marked down for anything in the caption (I can't speak for my judges though). That's all I meant in my comments!
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Oh wowza! Lol :D I knew I was going to struggle with in-game shots BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I ENTERED! Lol knowing this is a heavy in game-shot comp. I want to LEARN how to shoot great in game shots, because ive only done it about 3 times . . . Like EVER. I'm excited for this next challenge... Im ready to go in game and try to somewhat slay... LOL :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    Thanks for the feedback! And I feel totally nooby asking but how do i turn off the in game effects? :D Congrats to the winner!
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    @MissBirdie
    Open the cheat box. Then type headlineeffects off! :)
    Thank you @kittymeow :D
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Everyone made me LAUGH...........It was VERYYY Hard to judge.........Congrats to Winners.........Can't wait to see what you come up with NEXT......... HAVE FUN!!!!!!! :*:*
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    @MissBirdie you're welcome!! <3

Congrats to the winner!!!
    I loved judging this round so much, it was really fun and you all brightened my day with your entries and silly captions! :)
  • SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member

Wow, I was not expecting first place, everyone did so well. Every picture was so unique. Thank you so much for all you feedback and comments.

I am excited, yet nervous, about the next assignment. I have never used a male model before (except for couples comps). So, I gotta find something really good.
    Thank you for answering @kittymeow ;)

Glad you are all looking forward to the next challenge!

@Socallucyfan You don't have to use the male sim for every challenge if you don't want to. You are allowed to use any of your sims, teen-elder, for this comp.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Rawla Sorry, let me explain. Captions, quotes, stories, notes, etc. are optional and will continue to be optional unless otherwise noted. What I meant was that you presented us with this really unique idea in the note, but didn't show it outside the note, and I think that if you had zoomed out to show it you probably would have scored higher in some areas, especially Creativity as it would have been really unique. However, I only scored on what was presented since captions, etc. are not required, so you weren't marked down for anything in the caption (I can't speak for my judges though). That's all I meant in my comments!

Oh goodness. I get it now. Thanks so much for being patient and explaining. :smiley:
  • wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    Congrats @Socallucyfan !!! Yours was awesome.
    Thank you judges for everything. Thank you for the feedback. This comp is going to be fun!

@MizoreYukii Those are dust spirits. I had her insect collecting and she found them. I will respond to your message tomorrow or Friday :).
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    @Socallucyfan You don't have to use the male sim for every challenge if you don't want to. You are allowed to use any of your sims, teen-elder, for this comp.

That is true. But I like the challenge!!

edited June 2017
    Assignment 2 – One Shot, Two Shot

Third time, hopefully I've got it right this time. :)

KSUDczU.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    checkin in :)
    @abelhinha35 Wow! That is really good! Unfortunately I can't accept this, that's not an in-game background. D:
    Copy and paste from rules:
    •In-game only shots will be submitted. No CAS shots or Google backgrounds made into CC.
    •No editing or drawing allowed, except for what is listed below the spoiler. You do not have to edit unless you choose to do so, or unless an assignment requires something (such as filters, or combining).

Beauty Modifications and Corrections = Skin smoothing, burning/dodging, rough edges (smudge tool is allowed), liquify/iWarp
    Filters = Flares, curves/levels, brightness/contrast, gradients, blurs/sharpens, photo filter
    Final Adjustments = Cropping, sharpening/blurring, borders, combining (if two or more images next to each other are required)
    edited June 2017
    Love that look, @abelhinha35 where did you find that gorgeous hair? I love it an would love to add it to my cc.

• Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2017
    Going to hopefully get this done while washing my uniform tonight but quick ques. @MizoreYukii does the model need to be in the same look for the 2 shots, or can they be in 2 different looks?

EDITED: LOLZ! nvmd! Re-read the brief... duh lol I always end up answering my own question after looking through again... LOL !!!! :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    @abelhinha35 Wow! That is really good! Unfortunately I can't accept this, that's not an in-game background. D:
    Copy and paste from rules:
    •In-game only shots will be submitted. No CAS shots or Google backgrounds made into CC.
    •No editing or drawing allowed, except for what is listed below the spoiler. You do not have to edit unless you choose to do so, or unless an assignment requires something (such as filters, or combining).

Beauty Modifications and Corrections = Skin smoothing, burning/dodging, rough edges (smudge tool is allowed), liquify/iWarp
    Filters = Flares, curves/levels, brightness/contrast, gradients, blurs/sharpens, photo filter
    Final Adjustments = Cropping, sharpening/blurring, borders, combining (if two or more images next to each other are required)

:D Sorry will change it today
    edited June 2017
    Assignment 2 - One shot, Two Shot
    (click once to enlarge)

I hope this is the sort of thing you meant us to do, Mizzie. ( @MizoreYukii )

0vW1yfi.jpg

Could I get a day extension? I dont have the time to get on the pc on the weekends but will get it done monday morning :D
    @Jendowoz0612 Awesome! That's what I meant!

@MissBirdie Sure thing! ^_^

Reminder that the assignment is due tomorrow! We're still missing two check-ins as well, but hopefully they saw the assignment!
    @Rawla @Movotti @Socallucyfan @wbombje @Penguinwa101 @Kelebek @alexis3142

Update: For your current assignment, I reworded a section of the second paragraph so it explains things better:
    If you do the second method, I recommend placing the standing sim further into the back, that way there is a bit of depth and it allows you to capture both sims easily, but remember to keep them as close as possible so we can still see them clearly. Also, I recommend, if possible, placing them in an area where the location changes so it looks like a different shot (like the edge of the building vs a street), that way it looks more natural and like two different shots (which is the goal).