Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    manciemancie Posts: 105 Member
    Thanks for the great review @rosemow I really enjoyed the challenge. I can't wait until the next challenge!
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @Rosemow - thanks so much for the lovely review and for this wonderful challenge. You rock!
    @lsnishi and @Art thanks so much for the lovely words and @Amyybugg92 thanks for the stellar compliment!
    @lotlot80 Great idea and the colors and items you chose are wonderful!
    @rikaocean love the clutter and the colors you picked are great. Nice!
    @shebell, what a wonderful idea. Love the night sky
    @mancie - terrific! With the sun rug and trees it really looks like a travel office. Cool.
    @arademis212 the hair is from TSR (The Sims Resource) and is free. Creator is Sintiklia.
    As always, if I missed anyone it is purely unintentional.
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Thanks very much @lsnishi @rosemow @Art and @coolsim9999999 for your lovely comments. :)
    @zathyra cool sci-fi room! great layout,, love the floating gnomes & the wormhole gate, just a really cool room.
    @Jazztizz lovely, elegant room. All the paintings are beautiful.
    Lol @Ainsleyf ya got me! The very same (ashamed to say I've never been there, but I've been to the other Long Hall if that counts!) :p and thanks for your lovely comments too. Your witches study is fabulous, love the storage area with the cauldron and the fireplace & seating area. and the frog rug too!
    @lotlot80 lovely room, I really like the constellation lighting on the wall and the floor stars.
    @rikaocean wonderful study, love all the clutter items and the plants on the windowsills. I imagine that's exactly how a naturalists study would look!
    @Shellbell really pretty room, the wallpaper is beautiful with the decals, really cute bedtime reading area too.
    @mancie love the palm trees and the luggage end table fits the theme perfectly.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    You're welcome, @folala :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    ShellbellShellbell Posts: 132 Member
    @Ainsleyf love the witch's study for a second there I thought I was looking at a shot for a game pack love it, it has just enough mystery to it that it just draws you in.

@rikaocean Your idea for a Nature study is beautiful I like all the little details you put into the room I had to pull the pics up on my screen to really enjoy all the details definitely downloading this off the gallery.
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks @Folala and @Shellbell!
    @steskens - great room. Love that you even got the views out the windows to stay in theme. Nice!

OKAY I COULDN"T RESIST
    Theme: Author Themed Study
    Gallery Link: I didn't load it..
    Title: Erotic Film Screenwriter
    @Rosemow...you don't have to comment on this one! I just made it to be funny.

vCTWFcx.pngxKmyxv8.pngIpXFBhz.png
    Do not ask me what the props are for. I don't want to know myself.
    ABN4h8g.png
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    Bahaha @Ainsleyf I love it! The bed on the photography set...so great!
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Lol @Ainsleyf, you forgot the swing set and the mirror on the ceiling. Man, this would have made a great room for people playing Don Lothario.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    It is great that you now own the Vampire game pack ! @steskens :) Fantasy Vampire Study is a very nice room for Jennifer to enjoy writing her fantasy vampire themed books in! The colour scheme of the room looks nice, and the wall pattern gives a great look and feel to the room. The torn walls and cobwebs are great touches in the room. Very nice study desk nook. She will enjoy sitting at the table writing her books. The portraits in the wall, the fossilised bird and candles there are great for her to see whilst writing. Very nice sofa and armchairs reading area, for her to enjoy sitting relaxing there reading a book when taking a break from writing. The type of chairs used in the room look very nice and suit the room theme well! The patterned wall rugs add to the great look of the room. It is nice that there is wall of bookcases in the room. It looks great how there the columns and sofa separate off the writing desk area and reading nook. The portraits and book picture on the side wall look great there, and the book suits well an author study. The statue is a nice touch .
    The way that you have used the items from the Vampires pack in the room looks so very nice! Very nice furnishing of the room to inspire writing! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    Wow, I didn't post here for almost 2 weeks.. I love all of your amazing rooms! Congrats everyone who got a maxis fav :)
    I'm going to play the game now to build my SciFi author's study! :)
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't post here for almost 2 weeks.. I love all of your amazing rooms! Congrats everyone who got a maxis fav :)
    I'm going to play the game now to build my SciFi author's study! :)

Hello @lisalittlesimmer :) I will look forward to seeing your SciFi author's study! :)
  • Options
    Theme: Author Themed Study
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A9DAA1373D9411E78DC08B20C9C2EFDF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisalittlesimmer&max=50&maxis=false
    Title: SciFi Author's Study
    Gallery descriotion: This study is for an author who is really obsessed with anything unnatural. He's working on creating a new species and exploring different worlds.. but he can only dream and write books about it until he succeeds and leads us to an new era.

I had so much fun with this.. I had this weird lonely guy in mind who tries to create new creatures to have them as pets or something :D He's doing experiments with plants and other things. He keeps his experiments in the secret room, because one day one of them might come to life and be really angry at him :D but because all of that is totally not working, he has to spend his time writing about it the future he imagines. Sounds so strange when I write it down.. well to late now ;)
    (I'm still really bad at taking pictures)

20.05.17_21-37-53_zpstc5xrigv.png
    20.05.17_21-37-24_zpsq9y7odeh.png
    20.05.17_21-36-49_zpsdpzj4srr.png
    20.05.17_21-36-55_zpscm6i13md.png
    20.05.17_21-36-59_zps4l2oswad.png
    20.05.17_21-37-07_zpsvjhhwkt1.png
    20.05.17_21-37-17_zpstamofh7s.png
    20.05.17_21-37-11_zpscacqhu0b.png
    20.05.17_21-37-03_zpsaleaorao.png
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    SciFi Author's Study looks so very great! @lisalittlesimmer :) It was great reading the background story details of the author! The furnishing of the room is very inspiring for writing science fiction themed books! It was great to see his secret study room where he does his experirmenting and writes his books! The furnishing and layout of the room looks very nice! The water cylinder feature with the space rock , in the middle of the room looks very great! The patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room. It is great that there is a portal that will take him to Sixam to do further research for his books. Very nice windows L Shaped study desk area! He will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer to write his scifi books, with sunshine coming in onto him. The patterned curtains look very nice, and the books, old typewriter, and files are great study touches on the desk. The plants in front of the desk and the bamboo plants look very nice there and are special nature touches. The sattelite dish model suits well the room theme! He will enjoy experimenting using the science machine and writing about it in his book! The green colour of the walls looks nice. The grey tiled wal nook with the collectibles on the shelves looks great! The beakers of potions, the glass display items , crystals, geode and the other collectibles look great there! He will enjoy sitting relaxing on the armchairs looking at the items through the windows or reading his stories that he has written .Nice mirror wall section in the central area of the room. The tissues, books and photo on the shelves are nice home study touches. The crystal there looks great! The pictures and collection plaques are great touches on the walls! Nice bookcase nook. The voidcritter plushie , crystal and insect case look great on the book shelves!
    The furnishing of the room looks very great! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much! @rosemow
    I can't wait for the next theme :)
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Well it's been seven days since I've visited and there are SEVEN new pages to cover! :#

Congratulations on the Maxis fave @zathyra! :):star::star::star:

Thank you so much for the lovely comments and for the congrats @rosemow @lotlot80 @Laebeth @carolynrosser @coolsim9999999 @lsnishi @Ainsleyf @Jazztizz @TEXASTWANGTONYA @ARADEMIS212! Very much appreciated. :blush:

Beautiful and So elegant dining room @Ainsleyf! Love the awesome shape.
    Great idea for a witch's writing room! Love the rug with the star and frog! Fabulous shelving for all her inspiration items too! And I agree... her hair is Awesome! Wish we had similar styles with the game.
    Hahaha! I can't believe you created an erotic screenwriters room! :D Very creative!

Love the wooden awnings you used to cover your dining table @chips46! Such a cool waterfall!

Such a sweet garden dining area @popettypop2012! Love the pretty pond with the fountain.
    Such a lovely and enchanting study for a fantasy writer! Love all the whimsical decor and flowers you chose to furnish the room. So pretty!

Both garden rooms are really cool @Jazztizz! I'm glad you were able to figure out how to upload it as just a room with help from all the lovely simmers in this thread. Love the little princess doll peeking out from the grass at the edge of your pond for your 1st room! She looks like she's fishing too. The 2nd room looks great too! Love the giant llama in the center! I hope the little fishing princess made the cut for this room too.
    Such a pretty little study for a poetry writer! Love the inspirational paintings and plants.

Beautiful garden room @Cbear13! Love the meandering path leading to the Sylvan tree. Hahaha! :p
    I just noticed the title you gave your author's study! I have the exact same name for mine, lol! My little pun (sort of) from the movie Romancing the Stone. :D Love the heart shape rug you created for the floor. The furnishings look so pretty and very inspiring for her books.

Your indoor garden dining room is so pretty @lotlot80! Love the soft pink from the lighting. The flowers looks so pretty on the dining table and I really love the rock wall with the flowers in the arches. So pretty!
    Nice writing with the lights for your study! Cool inspiration items and I really love the Big Dipper (in lights) on the other wall!

Love the bright colors and creative furnishings you used for your cool author's study @coolsim9999999! So cool that you designed her home to look like a crayon!

Gorgeous study @carolynrosser! So elegant with the diamond patterned floor and navy walls. Love the wall of weapons and I got a kick out the confusing and intriguing olive oil. :D The butler is a great idea! I think I would have had a hard time deciding what he should be holding too. :p Loved seeing him with all the different and fun objects. :blush:

Nice idea for a comic book writer @Art! Love all the inspiration objects you chose for the author too! Especially the astronaut... looks a little like he's saying Buzz Lightyear's, "To infinity and beyond". :D

Cool floor work for your awesome travel study @lsnishi! Love the simple color scheme for this room. So pretty. And I really love the shelf unit you created for the snow globes. How cool! The enlarged post cards look great in there too, for inspiration.
    Gorgeous pond and waterfall for your zen study! Love the tranquil colors and item choices for this cool room.

Fabulous study @folala! You should upload this as a library too! So cool. Love the two stories of bookshelves you created and that awesome sliding ladder! Very grand and beautiful fireplace too.
    Ohmygosh! Great idea for a Western writer! This study is just perfect for one! Really love the awesome writing station you created! Think I'll have to borrow that idea. :p The wrought iron stove looks just perfect in the corner with the chair.

Such a pretty study @amyybugg92! It's great that she can not only work there but also live there! Great kitchen and perfect inspiration for a cookbook author.

Cool room for your fantasy-romance writer @ARADEMIS212! Love that her inspiration items look like they're on a little stage. The mannequins look awesome in their cool outfits!

Fabulous SciFi study @zathyra! Very cool shape and awesome color scheme. Perfect inspiration objects for this cool room too!

Your Nature themed study is so cool @rikaocean! Love the pretty, earthy colors and all the cool clutter. Lots of plants, fish and other cool items to inspire her writing.

Such a sweet study for a Bedtime Story writer @Shellbell! The room has such a dreamy effect with the pretty color and decor choices. Love that the wallpaper looks like a starry night sky!

Awesome colors and decor for your Travel study @mancie! The palm trees and enlarged flowers look so cool. Really love the orange rug for the center too.

Fabulous Fantasy Vampire study @steskens! Love the wall covering choices and awesome niche for the desk. The cracks and spider webs looks cool in there!

Cool SciFi writing room @lisalittlesimmer! Love the L shaped desk and the observation room! Very creative! Cool colors and textures for the walls and floor.

Whew! All caught up... for now anyway... :D
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    haha @WrathofCath great minds think alike thats where I got the name from lol your garden room was amazing but then its not hard to fall in love with everything you build <3 Your little waterfall/fountain into the pond was so pretty

@Ainsleyf I laughed out loud at your room I love it haha so glad someone did it

I am absolutely loving everyones rooms and the out there creativity with themes, I would love to comment to everyone individually but I never get time to actually play the game which I am doing right now haha but please know I have checked out everyones rooms and they all have impressed me so much
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    You're welcome, @WrathofCath :smile:! Thanks for your very nice comment about my "crayon" study. That one was really fun to build.

Everyone's rooms are awesome this week. RL is getting kinda stressful this week, but I'll check in and out, here and there.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Had another idea (after seeing @Ainsleyf's unofficial entry. Here's a study for a film critic who writes movie reviews.

Challenge No: 112
    Theme: Author's Study
    Gallery Name of Room: Movie Critic's Study
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/AAE5EF603DA711E7824D958BEA11611F
    Pics:

05-20-17_12-03-27PM.png
    05-20-17_12-02-40PM.png
    05-20-17_12-00-27PM.png
    05-20-17_11-57-37AM.png

PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    The design of the Movie Critic's Study room looks very nice! @lsnishi :) It is a great study for the writer to write their movie reviews in . The wall paneling gives a very nice look to the room. Very nice red and brown colour scheme of the room.The Oscar and Golden Globe trophies looks great in the corners of the room! He will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa watching the movies on the large screen tv, then can write the reviews on the computer at the study desk table. It looks great that the desk table is angled into the corner nook. The movie posters look very great on the walls! The starry mirrors are a very nice touch in the room. The star themed floor rug near the sofa is a great idea! The bookcase looks nice angled into the other corner. Very nice snacks and refreshments table! He will like having popcorn and cups of coffee whilst watching the movies .
    The furnishing of the room to suit a Movie Critic looks great! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your very generous comment @Cbear13! :blush:

Perfect room for a movie critic @lsnishi, with that giant tv! Love the set up for the room and the spot on colors. The enlarged statues look fabulous in the corners. :)
  • Options
    I ended up making two rooms for this week's challenge. The first is for a Romance author. I thought I was being clever when I thought of the name for it. I intended it to be a bit of a pun from the movie "Romancing the Stone" and called it "Romancing the Study". I was very surprised when I was writing my comments, and came across the same name for the study made by @Cbear13! :D

Challenge 112
    Theme for the week: A study for an author, based on a book type.
    Gallery name of room: Romancing the Study
    Origin id: wrathofcath

05-20-17_123500nbspPM_zps9zmnh5oh.png

05-20-17_123921nbspPM_zpsqcbaaxnb.png

05-20-17_15739nbspPM_zps94otojfy.png

05-20-17_124240nbspPM_zpsdyfamzot.png

My second room is a bit darker. It's called, "Tales from the Crypt" and is designed for a writer of Macabre. I imagined the author using her basement for the design of this study.

Challenge 112
    Theme for the week: A study for an author, based on a book type.
    Gallery name of room: Tales from the Crypt
    Origin id: wrathofcath

05-20-17_34414nbspPM_zps0rfpnnim.png

05-20-17_34509nbspPM_zpsiwhsge83.png

05-20-17_34656nbspPM_zpsu8c3yuon.png

The view from the author's desk to the sitting area:

05-20-17_34724nbspPM_zps09njckwr.png

05-20-17_34738nbspPM_zpsaltevytw.png

I had a couple of more pictures from this room of the corners. It's such a long and narrow room, that I had a bit of trouble trying to capture everything in just a few pics. They're in the spoiler below, if you would like to have a look.

05-20-17_34847nbspPM_zpszo0ctlde.png

05-20-17_34855nbspPM_zpsqoywjzj8.png

05-20-17_34917nbspPM_zps2jy9u41l.png

05-20-17_35041nbspPM_zpso1qh8kay.png
  • Options
    The two rooms are so very different and both are very creatively designed and furnished to suit so very well the type of books that are written in the study! @WrathofCath :)
    Romancing the Study is very pretty! :) The softly pink and white colour scheme looks very nice! Very nice study desk area for her to enjoy writing her romance novels on the computer. The books, candle and flower on the desk, are nice touches for her to see when writing. She will like listening to romantic music whilst writing. The wall section which has a table with her novels on it, and the fan mail on the cork board looks creatively great! Very nice patterned sofa seat windows sitting alcove! She will enjoy resting there when taking a break from writing, and enjoy reading a book with sunlight coming in onto her. The softly coloured green curtains look very nice there. Very nice fireplace area! The snowglobes, candles, flowers and clock are nice touches on the fireplace ledge. The round table nook looks very pretty ! The red rose on the table , pink flowers either sides of the fireplace and the candles, are very pretty for her to see when writing the books! The sunflowers picture is a sunny touch. The trellis covered nook with the birdbath and water fountain is very nice! The greenery and Ivy on the floor and around the columns looks great! The bookcase looks great in the room.
    The study for writing macabre books looks so very scary! :) Tales from the Crypt is so very creatively designed and furnished! The grey stone wall texture sets the feel of the room and the overall black colour of the furnishings with touches of purple looks very great! The spiders on the walls . the spider webs, and the black brambles on the wall and floor in the room areas looks very great! Very great central area in the room with the archways around the coffin! The black coffin with red roses on the top, suits the theme so very well! The corner nook with the gargoyle, wall knives, tombstones and skeleton looks so very scary! The vampire bat on the wall looks great! The spell book looks great in the room and the black tree light prints add a great look to the wall areas! . The black candles are very atmospheric ! Very nice study desk nook area! The purple colour of the study chair is a nice touch. The cobweb looks great on the side of the desk! The patterned wall rug adds a nice look to the desk area. The display cabinet looks great there! Very nice fireplace nook! The purple seating looks great! It looks creative how the photos have been taken through the arches, The grim reaper gnome is scary in the fireplace! The water fountain looks great on the wall. The writer will enjoy listening to spooky music from the gramophone whilst writing the books!
    The thematic furnishing of each room looks so very great! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)

• Options
    Thanks @WrathofCath for your kind comments. I actually saw your rooms on the gallery before you posted on this thread. I was considering doing Edgar Allen Poe's study with a creepy gothic vibe (and some references to his works), but I saw your room and thought OMG it's the perfect study for Poe. The two red roses on the coffin are such a wonderful detail. You nailed it! And I love it!

Love your Romancing the Study too! It's very soft, feminine and beautiful. I like the inclusion of the fountains and greenery which add freshness to the room.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: a study for an author, based on a book type
    Gallery name of room : Wilderness Digest Study
    Origin id : cat315118

Jennifer Hermit is a creative wilderness digest author, and while she dedicates dozens of dreamy days writing wilderness digests, she does possess an innate insane nature. However, this hermit's writing benefits from that trait.

FVxO1tP.jpg
    NrVSTyX.jpg
    niZ6oFW.jpg
    JPXAfwT.jpg
    2W0HuwH.jpg
    hS1k7Uc.jpg
    VAqqebt.jpg
    T8ymndp.jpg
    F9i08Ka.jpg
    dtjgmAQ.jpg

4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2017
    Theme for the week: Study that matches the author's writing genre
    Gallery name of room: Hardboiled Noir Detective
    Origin id: withlovejulien

Pictures of the room:

Slideshow

A study for an author of noir detective pulp fiction novels, also called hardboiled detective fiction. Think Sam Spade in the Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett, Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer, and Chandler's Philip Marlow. The study is authentic because the author doesn't just write the stories, but also lives them since the writing is based on real-life experience. The place is a dump--too much integrity to get rich and too much time working for people who can't pay the full fee. I was having such fun that I decided the detective's office was next to the apartment and included the apartment in the uploaded room.

Reception area/waiting room where the secretary, when one can be afforded, greets potential clients.

9rqsIRb.png

The office:

ff1O9Qf.png

VzIhq9k.png

3Vvs7AC.png

The apartment:

tsBn4q6.png

Overview of office and apartment.

506O1Nx.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji