Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Emily4331 ,

230621ab-68fa-4909-ada4-290ca7e19e5c_zpsszvxwcvc.jpg

Not sure if that was stuff I shouldn't show....

:)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 1529

@lisasc360 I don't know - a pic of Ashley and Jeffery merged liked that might have been a good shot for an "Inappropriate pics" thread LOL
    LOL at proclaiming your love with him right there!
    Great update.

@lanlyn I see there are some options that should not be tried with DE - I thought it sounded rather scary LOL

@MoonandStars83 Have fun with TS3 over the weekend - a modless game is better than no game!

@Charlottesmom Cute cactus! My sis has a green thumb and has all kinds of plants and cacti that are thriving under her care. I kill EVERYTHING! LOL
    If we do a Thelma and Louise you can have Brad Pitt and I'll have your share of the booze ;)
    I do love adding favourite colours to my sims' clothes hence my boys' sometimes colourful wedding outfits ;)
    I didn't notice Bran's arms - now I will have to go look LOL
    The violin painting would have been inspired by Nevan's virtuoso trait.
    Thanks for the lovely comments :)

@silverofdreams30 Great update. Congrats on the wedding :)

@king_of_simcity7 Congrats on being a member again! :)

@CravenLestat Keep safe during the storm!
    Sorry you got busted in the rabbit holes! I keep hoping it will happen to my sims but it never does :(
    LOL that is a funny video :)
    Hah! Stalking another girl when you should be concentrating in Lola!
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 1530

@king_of_simcity7 Awwww :( They are probably working on it still.

@Emily4331 Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    How clean can a butt be? LOL

@CravenLestat Courtney's dress is too short! LOL
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Charlottesmom I stand corrected. :lol:
    It makes me very sad that you paid for that alien, but yeah. Your laptop shouldn't be error 12ing with The Sims 3, for sure. 32 GB is what I would call over kill, in fact. :lol:
    8 GB is all you need for most modern games, I got 16 GB as a good middle ground for what I do. (There are certain things you skimp on in price in computers and it won't make much difference as long as you know what you need. I don't even really need 16 GB, but it's nice to have. I have an Intel Core i5 because I don't need an i7 because most modern games (which is mostly what I do on my computer that would utilize these parts even remotely heavily) don't require an i7, etc etc).

If you ever wanted to get into editing, though, your 32 GB will come in handy that's for sure. :tongue: Those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 adobe programs eat RAM like it's nothing. :lol: If I ever got into making videos and was using Adobe Premier, I would definitely buy another 8 GB stick of RAM, but it isn't necessary at the moment.

Oh and you didn't show anything that would be sensitive information. So you're good. Well, unless you consider us knowing you bought an Alienware sensitive info. :tongue:
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Page 1530
    @Emily4331 Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    How clean can a butt be? LOL

Well ya know I'd think for longer about eating cake that has touched the butt of someone who I know uses wet wipes vs someone who just dry wipes. Hahahaha!

• Options
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom I stand corrected. :lol:
    It makes me very sad that you paid for that alien, but yeah. Your laptop shouldn't be error 12ing with The Sims 3, for sure. 32 GB is what I would call over kill, in fact. :lol:
    8 GB is all you need for most modern games, I got 16 GB as a good middle ground for what I do. (There are certain things you skimp on in price in computers and it won't make much difference as long as you know what you need. I don't even really need 16 GB, but it's nice to have. I have an Intel Core i5 because I don't need an i7 because most modern games (which is mostly what I do on my computer that would utilize these parts even remotely heavily) don't require an i7, etc etc).

If you ever wanted to get into editing, though, your 32 GB will come in handy that's for sure. :tongue: Those plum adobe programs eat RAM like it's nothing. :lol: If I ever got into making videos and was using Adobe Premier, I would definitely buy another 8 GB stick of RAM, but it isn't necessary at the moment.

Oh and you didn't show anything that would be sensitive information. So you're good. Well, unless you consider us knowing you bought an Alienware sensitive info. :tongue:

@Emily4331 , It shouldn't make you sad, we can afford it and have never had any issues with Alienware, we have 3 Alienware laptops in the family and a huge desktop. I really think the Error 12 had to do with me being online as it hasn't happened since. I had ordered another gaming laptop from a huge (not Alienware) online shop customized it and all, it took 6 weeks to come in, 1/2 of the backlighting on the keyboard was not working sent it back for repairs, waited another 2 months called and asked where it was almost every week...Finally said the f word and told them to refund our money...waited another month for the refund...Never again! :rage:
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    @Emily4331,
    @lisasc360 Hmm...Brian is nice, but I think your SS should hook up with Jeffery! :tongue:
    HAHA Tammy! Wonderful.
    Claudio seems interesting! I love his name!
    Jeffery doesn't seem phased by your proclamation of love, though! :lol:
    hehehe, that would be a hoot to have her hook up with Jeffery... :smiley:
    hehehe, being a wolf suits her just fine...lol
    Claudio is also a werewolf in my game but I didn't do it to him...lol
    Jeffery's probably used to the sim ladies proclaiming their love for him... :p

@Mikezumi, you're welcome... :)
    @lisasc360 I don't know - a pic of Ashley and Jeffery merged liked that might have been a good shot for an "Inappropriate pics" thread LOL
    LOL at proclaiming your love with him right there!
    Great update.
    hehehe, probably so but I didn't want others to think that I'm a little freak for posting it as they would think that those 2 were up to something not suitable for our eyes... :p

@CravenLestat, nice update.... :) It looks like it wants to do something outside of my place now as I'm getting the grey skies now. The hubby told me earlier about a thunderstorm warning for the county above us but it hasn't effected us yet. It is now thundering here but still no warnings yet. I'm not watching the news at the moment as I'm watching my NASCAR activities on FS1... :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So I didn't have a lot of time to play the other day, but I took what time I did have to make a Di.ck Gumshoe inspired sim. :lol: I came across a store item I had always scrolled past that is a cute detective shirt and my brain immediately went to Di.ck Gumshoe! :tongue:

So here is my rugged, yet almost childishly charming detective:
    QMVgG79.jpg

RJ7uNkf.jpg

I didn't have any time to take pictures in live mode or anything, but I think he turned out pretty cute for me having only like 20 mins to make him!
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I know you can probably afford it and I understand Alienware is more reputable than others, but it is that the price of it is often unreasonable because it is brand name.

It's like, there is nothing wrong with Dolce and Gabbana if you can afford it - it's great! But you can probably find clothes and shoes and purses that look just as good and are made just as well and don't cost nearly as much because of the name tacked on the side.

Ultimately it's your decision. I am generally kidding. You do you. I just like to shake my fist at Alienware and yell, "crooks!" every now and then. :tongue:
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Charlottesmom @Emily4331 I think I seriously need to upgrade my computer. I've stolen my kid's computer temporarily until I get the cooling fan fixed on my desktop, but I'm running Sims 3 on this..

ComputerSpecs.jpg

This system is the lower-end of the scale and with an integrated graphics card, I'm pushing its limits,

However, let me qualify that, other than a few hiccups here and there (like my Sim freezing in place for a few seconds) it seems to run OK.

I do have a dream machine (for work...yes...I'm justifying that...for work...really) planned though that I'm wanting to upgrade to. And that will take care of video/photo editing as well as my playing games. :D Need plenty of HDD/SSD drive space for photography as well as for games like Sims 3. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer The Sims 3 trying to run on your computer:
    ZLX1k.gif

:lol:

@lisasc360 Well of course he probably is. All the ladies fall for the bad boys. :tongue:
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer The Sims 3 trying to run on your computer:
    ZLX1k.gif

:lol:

It allows me to practice my meditation. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Nikkei_Simmer Hahah! I bet! My patience was tested hard when my cat puked on an old laptop of mine and I had to try to play The Sims with the possibility of my laptop shutting off at any second. :tongue: So I know your pain somewhat!
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I know you can probably afford it and I understand Alienware is more reputable than others, but it is that the price of it is often unreasonable because it is brand name.

It's like, there is nothing wrong with Dolce and Gabbana if you can afford it - it's great! But you can probably find clothes and shoes and purses that look just as good and are made just as well and don't cost nearly as much because of the name tacked on the side.

Ultimately it's your decision. I am generally kidding. You do you. I just like to shake my fist at Alienware and yell, "crooks!" every now and then. :tongue:

@Emily4331 , LOL!! I guess I shouldn't mention I love Dolce and Gabbana The One perfume! ;)

I think all that matters is that you buy the computer (purse, jeans, perfume etc....) You are happy with...I am not a label girl at all, I buy most of my clothes at Target or Old Navy, I have one cheapie purse ($20.00) and 3 pairs of cheapie sneakers because I like them not because of any other reason. :smiley:
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom haha! Well yeah, as I said - you do you. Just because I dislike Alienware and wouldn't buy it doesn't mean anyone shouldn't if they want to.

Again, I am almost always just kidding around. :tongue:
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Going to start building the house for Becky and Davy. It will be on a 40x40 lot. Becky is working on her acrobat profession. Davy is in Politics. I want it to be step from the house she grew up in. Mind you I am not good at building
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    I will post my next update tomorrow when I get a chance since it's almost time for bed soon and won't have time to post it... :)

@CravenLestat, nice update... :) lmbo at your SS sneaking into the V.I.P section... :pensive:
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited May 2017
    Still extremely sad and PO'ed about the hard drive fiasco. 3 TB of data, pretty much my entire digital life. Photos of my dad (who passed away in August). Sim saves. Saves from other games. I have to figure out how to save it. But every place I quoted said it would be majorly expensive, like hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars. And with me already in a pickle financially, jobless and needing a new computer and all that, it's not an expense I can afford :bawling:

The external fell about 2 feet from a desk to the floor. Before I realized what had happened, it was over. Neither of my two computers recognize the HD.

Thanks all for the kind words and suggestions.

@Charlottesmom I don't think I'm in a mood to try all that, since a lot of the pictures are on that hard drive :cry:

@Emorrill Yes that was my adolescence too in a nutshell.

@lanlyn Thanks! Good to see you.

@lisasc360 Lol at your SS in college!
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    @msbeckycat you're probably still better than me when it comes to building :p anyway, feel free to show off the house when it's finished, I'm sure we'd all love to see it :)

@CravenLestat I had to hold in my laughter with the last 3 pics xD it's pretty amazing what you can see your Sims doing if you slow down and take a moment to watch.
  • Options
    Short update. Didn't feel like playing much today.

Alexis's wall of great achievements:
    h5FzTwW.jpg
    Hookin up with Eddy and graduating college. :lol:

Simon got some new duds courtesy of @emorrill !
    fdmvm4i.jpg
    I did recolor it later, though, because I think Simon looks better in the darker colors.

Speaking of Simon, he at least attempted his end of the bargain by going over to see Seth.
    uW1PoSN.jpg
    It is amazing how much he genuinely looks like he is both sad, happy, and confused to see a kid of his he has literally never seen.

But it didn't work out well. Simon tried to bring up Mia, but Seth wasn't having any of it.
    cXA0Kva.jpg
    I mean, he is grown and married and this is the first time he has ever met his father. I don't think anyone expected it to be easy.

After hearing the news, Mia comforted Simon. Tomorrow was Leisure Day, after all, and the family could all get together and she could help smooth it out.
    MxnqNWW.jpg

Meanwhile, this annoying cr.ap was happening at Seth's house >:(
    1neaLfX.jpg
    Had to hear that music for an entire sim day and night!

And Alexis was out and about climbing the rungs of the proverbial ladder to success.
    PYXlHmE.jpg
    Looks like Lisa, Sean's mom, is expecting again!

And, oh, hi Sean! :lol:
    vNk3cjb.jpg

On Leisure Day, I actually got the entire family to sit down and eat dinner together!
    Gc57eUm.jpg
    @Mikezumi Only one shirtless male at this table...and he's stinky! :lol:

Alexis was surprised by a visit from a certain someone...
    xe05EXN.jpg

Who wasted no time popping the question!
    FmQiFYs.jpg

tWzJMdW.jpg

LCXVNSv.jpg

I guess he missed her a little bit. :tongue:
    KcHYzAT.jpg

But even after proposing and woohoo, Eddy looked a bit grump. :(
    EqrnV7H.jpg
    Perhaps he knows of a dirty little secret? :smirk:
  • Options
    MagicPiggyPiggMagicPiggyPigg Posts: 62 Member
    edited May 2017
    Well, in TS4, my sim Aria just had twin girls!
    One is Esmerelda, and the other is Harmony.

Sadly, though, after 3 pregnancies and some coconut cake, I noticed that her hips and thighs got a little wider. :/
    http://i.imgur.com/VmhlvSa.png
    tumblr_o06vtpmqXy1uxy6lvo1_500.gif
    "Who wants to live forever?" - Freddie Mercury, my queen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top