Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited May 2017
    @laebeth --- Thank you for your very nice comment! I'm glad you liked the pond, collectables and waterfall :). I really liked how you made a roof with lots of pink flowers on it, as well as the large amount of flowers around the room.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited May 2017
    Beautiful garden rooms from everyone <3 Thank you @rosemow for the beautiful garden theme challenge :)
    Entry Form
    Challenge 111
    Theme for the week: A Sylvan Glade themed dining room.
    Gallery name of room : Sylvan Dining Garden
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/594ABC9538F211E78D604DEB8D4EC49C?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=sylvan&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id : chips46
    Pictures of the room :
    213m70x.jpg9aa1sm.jpg4sb1qa.jpg2vi484n.jpg259x26q.jpg10gxtnm.jpg
  • Options
    @chips46 --- I really like the glowing growfruit trees, bird feeder and all of the flowers you used.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Oh I love this weeks theme @rosemow ive been so busy this last week I only just saw it now so I will try get a room done in the next 24 hours
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Sylvan Dining Garden is such a very pretty outdoors dining room! @chips46 :) The cherry blossom trees and the colourful flowers through the room areas look so very nice! Each nook area of the room looks so very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seat bench watching the birds feeding on the seed feeder, and the bird house is a nice touch near the feeder. Very nice and pretty pink blossoms roof covering trellis over the dining area! Sims will enjoy dining at the table, enjoying such a nice floral setting for eating meals! The outdoors kitchen and bar nook looks great! The white colour of the BBQ and bar counter looks nice. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ in the outdoors air,and enjoy having a drink from the bar or the drinks tray , with their meals. The trellis covered pergola looks so nice! It is nice that harvestable plants in pots are on the sides of the pergola. The lantern lights and the candles on the floor are a very nice touches there. Very nice corner music nook! The stereo looks great placed on the tree stump table. Sims will have fun dancing to the music! The bird bath is a nice touch there. The hanging flowers light tree looks very nice. The pond area looks so very great! The rock wall behind the pond gives a great look to the nook area, and the water fountain looks so very pretty! The lilypads look nice in the water. The Fairy statues are a nice touch near the pond. They suit the type of room so very well! The flying butterflies look so very pretty! The bunny is cute! Nice chess playing nook. It is very nice that the magical Sylvan Glade tree is in the room for sims to travel there from the room.
    The design of the pergola and the whole room looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    Oh I love this weeks theme @rosemow ive been so busy this last week I only just saw it now so I will try get a room done in the next 24 hours

Hello @Cbear13 :) I will look forward to seeing your room! Happy designing and simming!
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Theme for the week: Sylvan glade themed dining room
    Gallery name of room : Magical Sylvan Glade
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4BD5C498392B11E78D28A3F861F4B698?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    Pictures of the room :
    gSx9SkF.png
  • Options
    Magical Sylvan Glade is a very pretty outdoors dining room! @popettypop2012 :) The water fountain feature looks so lovely! The water fountain looks very nice on the water with the lilypads around the base, and the floral greenery around the edges on top of the water looks so very nice! The floral hedging looks very nice in the room. The statue looks very nice standing on the plants and with the floral arch over the top of her .The purple cherry blossom tree looks very nice in the room. Very nice dining table area! The type of seats used looks very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting there at the table eating and drinking food from the buffet table and fountain. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the tree stump seat under the pretty lantern light. They will enjoy listening to music from the gramophone whilst dining. The flowers surrounding the buffet table and on the side of the room look so very pretty!
    The design of the room is so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hi @Rosemow
    Hi everyone.
    I hope you had a great weekend. I spent some time yesterday working on this week's "room." The problem is, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to actually upload it as a room. So I uploaded the house too with the "room" (yard) and took a bunch of pix. If you know a quick way to get this sorted, I'll upload just the yard too and change the link to that. Thanks for your help. Beautiful builds so far. I've already favorite-d several for my game.

ENTRY
    Challenge: Build an outdoor area much like the Sylvan Glade
    Room (Lot) Name: "Gone Fishin'"
    Origin ID: Zevath
    Description: The Slylvan Glade has always been about three things for me -- fishing, frogs and the chance to find a rare cow plant. This lot was designed to create an outdoor room for Rosemow's #oneroomoneweekonetheme challenge but I haven't yet figured out how to save an outdoor area as a room. #fishing #basegame (mostly) #simtested #nocc and the pond works great.

Pics:

vGaizmp.png
    En5mWL8.png
    nNyJfrV.png
    EKAGiCB.png

Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Hello @Jazztizz :) Pools are unable to be uploaded in rooms. This would be the reason why you are unable to upload the build as a room.
    Gone Fishin' looks very nice! :) It is great that you have based the room on the theme of fishing and frog collecting. The glass displays of the frogs look so very nice! Sims will enjoy fishing in the pond. The plants look great on the edges of the pond and the white flowers look very nice in the room. The trees look nice in the corner of the room. The way that you have placed the harvestable plants to create a coil pattern looks great and very crreative! The flower cart is a nice touch in the room. The sunflowers look sunny along the fencing.
    Sims will enjoy fishing in the pond and harvesting the plants there! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    edited May 2017
    @laebeth: Your room is absolutely gorgeous! I love the way you used the trellises to make a flowered canopy over the table. And the lanterns and fireplace make it so cozy for an evening dinner party! And thank you very much for your nice comments on my rooms--I don't think I've thanked you yet! :smiley:

@emere: I love how compact and magical your room looks! I love that you’ve built it around the Sylvan Glade portal tree. And the fairy occupant was the perfect touch!

@rikaocean: Ooh, I love your two different looks! I love the patchwork pattern in the first one and the vibrant colors of the second one. Nice use of fountains, statues and topiaries!

@zathyra: Beautiful use of draperies and flower accents over the table! The greenhouse and room dividers work beautifully together. And the birdbath is an inspired touch!

@withlovejulien: Great room! So many wonderful details. I love the fountain and the corner seating area with the couch. Brilliant use of the room divider, and I love the candelabra on top of the pile of suitcases! :smile:

@isnishi: Beautiful room! What I like most about it is that it looks like an addition that people might actually make to a house, with a realistic scale, if that makes sense. (A lot of entries, my two included, went in an all-out fantasy direction, but I feel like my Sims would be more likely to actually use your room!) The outdoor kitchen and use of flowers are lovely, and I really like that you’ve put it in a city setting, making it a tranquil oasis that contrasts with the world around it. :smiley:

@coolsim9999999: Your room is so creative! I really like your use of all the different collectibles, and I like the princess who’s enjoying the room!

@lotlot80: Beautiful room! I love the fountain and all of the flowers!

@myfavoritedesign: Your room is just gorgeous! I love the gemstone fountain in particular, and the way that the whole lot appears to be glowing! :smile:

@undressyourbones: This is beautiful! The fairy-tale entryway of rose-covered trellises is a perfect entrance to the room! And I like your use of flower-shaped lights!

@wrathofcath: Your room is so lovely! I like the way you’ve arranged the tables in a flowing chain. The pond and waterfall are beautiful, and your landscaping is perfect! And thank you also for your nice comments on my rooms!

@ainsleyf: I love the shape of your room, and all the little touches you’ve added throughout: candles, bird feeder, statues, etc. Lovely!

@chips46: Your room is really beautiful and inviting! I particularly like the pond with the waterfall and fairy statues.

@popettypop2012: Such a pretty room! It looks like it’s almost carpeted in roses. And I love the water lilies in the pond!

@jazztizz: This is a lovely room. I really like the way you’ve incorporated gardening and fishing in a realistic way, as Sim activities, rather than just using flowers as decorations. I happen to love collecting in the Sims, and you’re right that Sylvan Glade is a bonanza for collector Sims!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Jazztizz Another issue aside from the pool is whether the fence was counted as "walls" which are needed to complete the room. I tried to upload the room without a floor so it truly would fit the outdoors but I couldn't select it as a room. So if it can't be selected, then try replacing the fences with full walls or redrawing them and make sure it gives the "completed room" green outline.

Since your fence doesn't look like it has a foundation under it, this might be a contributing problem. I had my foundation at the minimum height.
  • Options
    Amazing rooms everyone Im working on mine now and hopefully get it finished soon.
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    Hey y'all! I just finished my room...finally! I've been super busy this week! Anyways, I tried to upload it to the gallery and the floor disappeared! Everything I had on the floor is gone, but everything on the grass is still there! The floor is just like a white glow on the gallery picture. So I tried deleting the floor and uploading that way, but it still showed up the same way! Does anyone know how to fix it? I know that at the beginning when I fenced off a section attached to my house, it created a floor and I deleted it completely so I could see the grass. Could that be the problem???
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    Hey y'all! I just finished my room...finally! I've been super busy this week! Anyways, I tried to upload it to the gallery and the floor disappeared! Everything I had on the floor is gone, but everything on the grass is still there! The floor is just like a white glow on the gallery picture. So I tried deleting the floor and uploading that way, but it still showed up the same way! Does anyone know how to fix it? I know that at the beginning when I fenced off a section attached to my house, it created a floor and I deleted it completely so I could see the grass. Could that be the problem???

Hello @amyybugg92
    I am sorry that you have had this issue :( You need to have a floor in the room, so that may be the cause of the issue. The other simmers who have designed rooms for this week may be able to help you.

Edit : this is a video guide to creating and uploading outdoors rooms.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GzrEDIdjmQg
  • Options
    Challenge No: 111
    Theme for the week: A Sylvan Glade themed dining room.
    Gallery name of room : Enchant your Dining
    Origin id : cbear1313

I didn't get a whole lot of time to work on the room so its not as creative as I was hoping to do but I am happy with it. I tried to give a bit of a magical feel to the room especially at night as I love how Sylvan Glade has that magical feel with the lighting and colors. I also included a fishing pond with small fountain because Sylvan is famous for its beautiful waterfall. I also included some animals and fairies to help with the magical theme. Hope you all like. Thank you rosemow for a wonderful challenge.

Enchant%201.jpg
    Enchant%202.jpg
    Enchant%203.jpg
    Enchant%204.jpg
    Enchant%205.jpg
  • Options
    @amyybugg92 you wont be able to use terrain paint or the games grass when it comes to uploading a room you will have to decorate the floor using the tile flooring supplied when building. There is a plain grass tile and grass with flowers tile that you can use to cover the ground with grass.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Enchant your Dining is such a very magically nice outdoors dining room! @Cbear13 :) The design and layout of the room looks so very nice! The fishing pond looks very nice in the room. The flowers and plants look very nice on the edges of the pond, and the floral archway there looks very nice. The rock waterfall fountain feature looks so very pretty! It looks great that the special Sylvan Glade tree is in the room. The winding stepping stones pathway to the tree looks si very great! The pink flamingo , bunny and cat look cute in the room! The firepit nook area looks very nice! The Fairy statues look nice there and suit the room theme so well! Sims will enjoy sitting on the tree stumps toasting food and keeping warm. Very nice corner bar nook! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar, amidst the very pretty floral setting. The flowers through the room look so very nice! The floral hedging looks very nice bordering the room. Very nice trellis covered dining area! The long dining table is very nice there, for a number of sims to enjoy eating together at the table. The candles on the table, the lantern lights and the cherry blossom plant trees look so pretty there! The type of dining seating and table used suits outdoors dining well.
    The floral and butterflies borders on your photos look so very pretty! Thankyou so very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @coolsim9999999 @carolynrosser Thank you so much you guys! :blush:

@chips46 Love how you have created the cover over the dining are with the trellis and flowers. Also love those lantern lamps moo'd into the columns on the trellis! Looks wonderful! You've created a beautiful waterfall feature, and those fairies in front of the pond look so sweet. Love the landscaping, and love that you included the Sylvan tree! It looks truly magical at night :blush:

@popettypop2012 I love the fountain in the little pond, it looks so wonderful! Absolutely love those tables and chairs, especially in the light pink color. Your garden looks beautiful, and the little boy sitting on the tree stub is too cute :blush:

@Jazztizz How creative of you to create a room with fishing/collecting in mind! That's so great! Love the pond surrounded with the lovely white flowers! The house looks like such a lovely little cabin and fits in so well! Looks so serene and beautiful <3

@Cbear13 Such a lovely pond, and it looks so wonderful with the little animals around the area! Love how you used the carpet to create a path, so creative :) The fairies and tree stubs around the camp fire is such a good idea, and looks great! The trellis with the lanterns surrounding the dinner table looks so lovely! It's a beautiful room, especially at night :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    There have been so many inspirational and magical rooms! @rosemow This week's challenge was great for getting the juices flowing!
  • Options
    There have been so many inspirational and magical rooms! @rosemow This week's challenge was great for getting the juices flowing!

Hello @withlovejulien :) The rooms have been so very magica! They have been very creatively designed! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @wrathofcath
    I'm glad I could I could help a bit @jazztizz! I really hope you do put Millie's room into a video for her to see. I think she'd really get a kick out of it! :blush:

Cath I love that idea. I'm going to use it as a setting to a story for Millie now awesome @WrathofCath . Just re-reading the description, I realized I wrote "favorite (grand)baby" I meant grandchild who is a baby atm. So I have to change that. Can't have favorites. =) I sent the photos to my mom and daughter since I have guilt-free time to play the sims while recovering. Alas though surgery was delayed because I have an upper-respitory infection, cough and sore throat. Blah. It's now June 21st. The good news is the other symptoms have stopped and I can get back to doing things I've missed during this month.

@Rosemow
    Hello @Jazztizz :) Pools are unable to be uploaded in rooms. This would be the reason why you are unable to upload the build as a room.
    Gone Fishin' looks very nice! :) It is great that you have based the room on the theme of fishing and frog collecting. The glass displays of the frogs look so very nice! Sims will enjoy fishing in the pond. The plants look great on the edges of the pond and the white flowers look very nice in the room. The trees look nice in the corner of the room. The way that you have placed the harvestable plants to create a coil pattern looks great and very crreative! The flower cart is a nice touch in the room. The sunflowers look sunny along the fencing.
    Sims will enjoy fishing in the pond and harvesting the plants there! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)

Thanks so much Rose I really really appreciate your help. You're so great at finding answers. I also really admire how well you host your thread. I have felt welcome and heard here since Day 1. You truly have the gift of hospitality. <3

@carolynrosser
    @jazztizz: This is a lovely room. I really like the way you’ve incorporated gardening and fishing in a realistic way, as Sim activities, rather than just using flowers as decorations. I happen to love collecting in the Sims, and you’re right that Sylvan Glade is a bonanza for collector Sims!
    Thanks so much Carol. I'm really happy that you like it. It's funny I love fishing -- IRL, and in games. In WoW I have just about every possible fishing award since Vanilla lol. IRL I love fishing for blues (big poles and shiny lures on the beach) and as a kid we'd fish ponds like this. We were too poor for fishing poles so we used thread and safety pins and any worms or bugs we could find. We rarely caught fish but we had a roaring good time. :) I think I'd totally love fly fishing and would love to learn to make those amazing fly lures. I love collecting in the sims too. ^_^

@withlovejulien
    @Jazztizz Another issue aside from the pool is whether the fence was counted as "walls" which are needed to complete the room. I tried to upload the room without a floor so it truly would fit the outdoors but I couldn't select it as a room. So if it can't be selected, then try replacing the fences with full walls or redrawing them and make sure it gives the "completed room" green outline.

Since your fence doesn't look like it has a foundation under it, this might be a contributing problem. I had my foundation at the minimum height.

Julien thank you! This is really helpful. I'll give that a try too. =)

@Laebeth
    @Jazztizz How creative of you to create a room with fishing/collecting in mind! That's so great! Love the pond surrounded with the lovely white flowers! The house looks like such a lovely little cabin and fits in so well! Looks so serene and beautiful <3

{{{Laebeth}}} <3 I'm so happy you like it! Oh those daisies right? My favorites. TS4 graphics make me so happy while building. So much beauty. My sister and I are collaborating on a blog and I'm going to use TS4 garden graphics to show her what I want in my yard. She's the country girl - we were raised apart from my 14th year and her 7th. We found each other again when our father died (I was nearly 40). I was raised in the city. I loved plants and flowers but they'd inevitably get destroyed by hooligans (I had boxes on my flat roof). So I'm finally going to try it again and she's going to advise me, one plant at a time. It's bite-sized learning. We're writing a blog together called, "Country Sis/City Sis" so I"m excited.

Post edited by Jazztizz on
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Hello @Jazztizz
    I am sorry that you have an infection , cough and sore throat, and that your surgery has needed to be delayed :( I hope that you feel a bit better each day, and that the infection clears up very soon. Sending hugs to you <3
    Your blog with your sister sounds so very special <3
  • Options
    @Rosemow thanks so much. I'm really not feeling too bad and am happy I get a month of garden / healing time until the next one. Thanks so much for your good wishes. <3
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @carolynrosser --- Thanks for your very nice comment about my room. I'm glad that you liked all the collectables and the princess in the room :)!

Both of your rooms are nice looking. It's great that you combined modern and traditional pieces in your first room and used the luxury party serving stuff, and the second has cool fountains, a piano and elegant rug.

@Cbear13 --- I especially like how you enlarged flowers and butterflies, as well as the path to the tree.
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top