Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Love the pretty gardens and table for your first dining room @carolynrosser! It really does have that whimsical feel that Sylvan Glade has. Your 2nd room is also gorgeous! This one reminds me of a wedding venue. It's so elegant with the furnishings and colors you chose. :smile: I had to laugh at your sim in the long pink dress, doing pushups. :p Or maybe she's just looking for her contact lens? :D

I'm glad I could I could help a bit @jazztizz! I really hope you do put Millie's room into a video for her to see. I think she'd really get a kick out of it! :blush:<3

Your dining room looks So beautiful in Sylvan Glades @wendelyne! The lighting is so pretty for setting. Love the decor you chose! The gnomes look adorable in the pretty gardens. :blush:

Love the shot looking down through the lattice for your dining room @ARADEMIS212! It's so pretty with the gardens and wind chimes. Love the table on a diagonal and the pretty fencing. :smile:

Your dining room is so romantic @Laebeth! Love the roof covering the dining table. It's gorgeous! The gardens are so Lovely! Nice idea for the fireplace! :smile:

The sized up table looks Amazing covering the dining table, @withlovejulien! I would Never have thought of that! Love the shabby chic decor you chose to use in there. It's just charming! And the bathtub waterfall.... Brilliant!! I'm sorry to say that I will definitely be *stealing* this idea from you. :p

Love how you attached the patio to the home @lsnishi! It looks gorgeous with the flowers on the walls and covering the windows. Love the pretty little sitting area and all the potted plants. It's just charming! :smile:

Wonderful idea to use the greenhouse roof as a cover for your dining table @zathyra! The curtains look perfect on the corners. It's just so pretty the way the garden ties in with the dining area. So dainty! The colors are gorgeous together! :smile:

Hah! I see you thought of using the 'tree' too, @emere! :p It looks fabulous in the oval patio! Love the colors and furniture choices. It looks so whimsical and Lovely! :blush:

Both rooms are awesome @rikaocean! Love the cool floor work on your 1st room. It looks so elegant and formal with the pretty bordered gardens. Really Love the shape of your 2nd room! Almost feels like it's mimicking the shape of the fountain in the center. Love the bold bright colors for this cool room too! :smile:

Love the little pond in the center of your cool dining room @coolsim9999999! Cool idea to make your own version of the Sylvan Glade tree! This room makes me think of Alice in Wonderland with the enlarged fruits and mushrooms. :smile:

Such a lovely and elegant dining room with the fountain and statue in the stone alcoves, @lotlot80! Love the flowered hedge surrounding and the beautiful gardens. :smile:

Absolutely Love the fountain you created @MyFavoritedesign! The awning over the seating is also such a clever idea and looks so cool! Beautiful colors and light choices. :smile:

Aww, the flowered arches leading to your dining room are So Pretty, @undressyourbones! The lighted trees look amazing at night! This room really reminds me of a wedding venue too! So elegant, romantic and Lovely! :smile:
  • Options
    Challenge 111
    Theme for the week: A Sylvan Glade themed dining room.
    Gallery name of room: Enchanted Dining
    Origin id: wrathofcath

Melody wanted to create a whimsical magical garden for her outdoor dining room. She was lucky enough to find a Sylvan Glade tree to plant there. She had a pretty fishing pond put in, then surrounded it with airy trees and flowers. She arranged her dining table in a curvy whimsical way, much like the tea table used in Alice in Wonderland. She added a pretty bar area, serving table and hid a small stereo speaker near the stone alcove, for dancing if her guests wished to. Now she's ready to invite her guests to dine, drink, dance and fish in her lovely new garden. They can even visit Sylvan Glades themselves, if they wish to.

Daytime Views:

05-12-17_104306nbspAM_zpsogg10o1f.png

05-12-17_104758nbspAM_zps4flob0qf.png

A Sunset View:

05-12-17_105742nbspAM_zpsckwlhlko.png

A Night View:

05-12-17_103041nbspAM_zpsyheiiq8w.png

Some pictures of Melody and her friends, enjoying her new dining room:
    05-12-17_114624nbspAM_zpsqnt12keo.png

05-12-17_113413nbspAM_zpsosmartvc.png

05-12-17_111954nbspAM_zpszekor5np.png

05-12-17_112923nbspAM_zpsnc3hiedx.png
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,120 Member
    edited May 2017
    @WrathofCath ---- Thank you so much for your awesome review of my room! I'm glad you liked my "pond" and the tree. You're right, it does remind me of Alice in Wonderland :). Your room is cool with all the flowers and stuff, and I especially like how you used all those little tables for your dining area.

@lotlot80 --- I'm happy that you like how I made the pond and the tree :)! Your room's sparkly trees and flowers in the fountain are so great looking :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited May 2017
    @WrathofCath Wow!!! Yours room's so beautiful and special.
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @WrathofCath, what a gorgeous room! I hadn't thought of using the fishing pond; that was genius! And I love that you got a little waterfall going into the pond.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Memories of Sylvan Glade is such a very elegantly pretty room! @undressyourbones :) The floral archway laneway leading to the dining table looks so very nice! The flower lamps on the each of the pathway are very nice touches. Very nice dining area! The floral hedging looks very nice on the edges of the area, and the flowers look so pretty beside the hedging! The lit white trees add such a very nice look to the room! It is nice that there is a long dining table there, with many seats on each sides and at the ends, so as sims can enjoy dining together. The white colour and type of dining seats looks very nice. The flowers on the table are pretty for sims to whilst eating their meals. They will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ, and eating the food in such a very pretty floral setting! They will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meals. The nighttime pictures of the room looks magical!
    The design of the room is so very pretty! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    rikaocean wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow for all your wonderful comments and review of my rooms. This is a new adventure for me to be part of the forums and part of challenges. I think I am going to enjoy any future challenges.

Hello @rikaocean :) I will look forward to seeing your rooms in future challenges! Happy simming and designing ! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @coolsim9999999, @MyFavoritedesign and @lsnishi! Hope everyone has a nice weekend! :blush:
  • Options
    The design and layout of Enchanted Diining is so very pretty! @WrathofCath :) The wavy line of the dining tables look so very nice! The round pink tables and the white coloured dining chairs look so nice together! The candles are nice touches on top of the tables. The rose petals under the tables look so pretty! It looks great that you have placed the fishing pond in the room! The flowers and rocks look very nice on the edges of the pond. Sims will enjoy fishing there! The rock waterfall looks so very pretty! The ballerina statue is a very nice touch in the room. It is great that the special Sylvan Glade tree is in the room, so that sims can travel there whenever they would like to visit it again. The cherry blossom trees, the flowers through the room, and the flower lamp trees all look so very pretty ! Sims will enjoy eating and drinking food from the buffet table , the bar and the fountain, whilst sitting at the dining table. The folly and statue in the bar counter nook looks very nice in the room. and the Fairy statue and water fountain are very nice for sims to see when coming to the buffet table to get a serving of food. Sims will have fun dancing to the stereo speaker music! The pictures of the room at sunset and night time look so very nice!
    It is such a very pretty outdoors room for dining, fishing and dancing! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    @rosemow thank you so much for commenting! i'm glad you like it!
    @WrathofCath thank you! I love your build! I love how magical yours feels!
    I would to transport there! (:
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • Options
    @rosemow, Thank you so much for your lovely comments, Rose! <3 I really enjoyed this week's theme, it was a lot of fun! :blush:

@undressyourbones, Thank you so much! :smile:
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    @WrathofCath I love the waterfall. The tree makes it magical. Great room.

@MyFavoritedesign nice room.

@undressyourbones nice room.

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

edited May 2017
    @WrathofCath --- Thanks a lot --- Have a great weekend, everyone, too. It's going to rain all weekend in the Northeast, but that means more time for Simming --- after Mother's Day stuff tomorrow :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    All rooms this week are amazing! I am so in love with all of them!
    Between RL, computer problems and the truth that I don't care much for Sylvan Glade I couldn't get inspired enough to participate this week.
    I would however like to wish all Mothers a very Happy Mother's Day!
  • Options
    mannanna wrote: »
    All rooms this week are amazing! I am so in love with all of them!
    Between RL, computer problems and the truth that I don't care much for Sylvan Glade I couldn't get inspired enough to participate this week.
    I would however like to wish all Mothers a very Happy Mother's Day!

Hello @mannanna :) Thankyou for your kind words on everyone's rooms :)
    I hope that your computer issues are fixed for you very soon.
    I hope that you have a very special Mother's Day also <3
  • Options
    @WrathofCath --- Thanks a lot --- Have a great weekend, everyone, too. It's going to rain all weekend in the Northeast, but that means more time for Simming --- after Mother's Day stuff tomorrow :)!

Hello @coolsim9999999 :) Happy simming indoors! It is the best place to be and thing to do when having rainy weather :)
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @rosemow awe, you're such a sweetheart. But yes this week has been rough, new Origin, new Sims game, 3 days without Internet and when I finally got it going a 403 error at the forum... no washing machine...next week will be better!
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow --- Thanks a lot :)! Yeah, Simming inside is really fun. I haven't played my main Sim family, the Sullivans, that much for awhile. I started playing TS4 in September 2015, and by the end of that month, I had created their ancestors. The last 4 generations of that family is immortal because I turned aging off.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    mannanna wrote: »
    @rosemow awe, you're such a sweetheart. But yes this week has been rough, new Origin, new Sims game, 3 days without Internet and when I finally got it going a 403 error at the forum... no washing machine...next week will be better!

Hello @mannanna
    I am so sorry that you have had a rough week. I send hugs to you <3 We miss having the Internet when we are without it. It is not good that you were without a washing machine.
    I hope that next week is much better for you ! :)
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member

Hello all....what a beautiful collection of rooms and gardens!! I managed to make enough time to get a room done - yay me!
    Theme for the week: Sylvan glade themed dining room
    Gallery name of room : Sylvan Dining Garden
    https://www.thesims.com/gallery/92013762384111E78589BB5A909B8107
    Origin id : Ainsleyfr
    Pictures of the room :KJiItDh.pngEbZO8ze.pngn0WXgII.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Sylvan Dining Garden is such a very pretty outdoors dining room! @Ainsleyf :) The shape of the room and the type of greenery topped fencing used looks very nice! The pink and blue flowers look so pretty on the edges of the room! The cherry blossom looks very nice! Very nice dining table area in the middle of the room. The type of dining seats used looks elegantly nice! The candles on the dining table and on the ground amidst the flowers, and the water fountain in the nook alcove are very nice calming touches there. The sims will enjoy dining there at the table in such a pretty floral setting! The floral greenery covered archway gate entrance to the room looks very nice! Sims will enjoy watching the birds eating the seed from the feeder. The Fairy statue suits the Sylvan Glade theme very well. The flower pedestals are a nice touch in the room.
    The design of the room is so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    @Ainsleyf --- I love the flowers/trees and the shape of the room --- especiaily the rounded part.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    *cracks knuckles* Let's do this! :smiley:

First and foremost; @withlovejulien @lotlot80 @WrathofCath Thank you kindly for the comments on my room. Glad you liked it!

@withlovejulien That enlarged table looks great, so clever to use that as cover for your dining area! Might have been luck, but I find some of my best ideas are complete luck :p Love the shabby chic furniture somewhat randomly scattered around. Such a relaxed and romantic feel, and that waterfall is gorgeous! Lovely room!

@lsnishi Such a good idea to include the exterior wall! Really gives you an idea of how it would fit in with a house, and how the house can be decorated to fit the outdoor area :blush: I love those tables/chairs, I had forgotten they were in there somewhere :p The bird bath looks super cute, and the trellis over the bench adds a nice romantic touch. It's a lovely room!

@zathyra The greenhouse with the dividers and curtains looks wonderful, especially with those flowers hanging over it. Love the choice of tables and chairs, so romantic, and the landscaping looks gorgeous! Wonderful room! :blush:

@emere You really went whimsical with this one, I love it!The sylvan tree looks great, and the surrounding area really compliments it. Those woodland chairs for example are perfect, and I love those butterflies fluttering about. It looks magical!

@rikaocean If I'm not mistaken this is your first entry? Welcome to the challenge! The traditional room has such a wonderful garden, and I love the little lights, fountains and other decor pieces you added in the garden area! The modern room has such a beautiful fountain with rose petals and lights. Looks so wonderful! Well done on your first entry, they both look gorgeous!

@coolsim9999999 Love the pond you created, such a creative idea! It's great that you added so many collectibles, and the waterfall to represent the one in Sylvan Glades is a great idea! Your room looks wonderful!

@lotlot80 Love the BBQ area with all the condiments! The trellis over it looks so great! The half dome with the statue also looks beautiful, and really gives it that romantic feel! Love that rose hedge too! Lovely room :blush:

@MyFavoritedesign What a beautiful fountain! Looks like it's showering flowers! Oh and love that you added those flamingoes :blush: The seating with the wooden dividers and pink awnings look wonderful, and rose palm tree is so cute! Such a gorgeous room!

@undressyourbones Love that walkway with the rose arches. Your landscaping is gorgeous, and it truly looks magical at night with those light trees! It's a beautiful room!

@WrathofCath Absolutely gorgeous pond, especially with that waterfall! So beautiful! Love that you added the Sylvan tree! Your dining tables look stunning in that wavy formation, and looks so romantic with the lights and rose petals :blush: The landscaping is lovely, and the room looks magical at night! It's a beautiful room!

@Ainsleyf Love the enclosed garden look! Those vampire chairs are a great choice, they fit so well! The landscaping is wonderful, and I love that you added blue flowers as well as the pink :blush: The bird feeder is a great idea! Imagine the birds chirping as you dine out! Magical room!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member

Thank you @Laebeth, @lotlot80 and @withlovejulien so much for your lovely comments. :)
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @Laebeth I always thought it looked like a tent whenever I went past it in buy mode. That it was the same height as the medium room size so that the chandelier worked was quite unexpected! I was also surprised Sims could use it (at least in my game)! Yay for serendipity!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top