Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,121 Member
    @Karababy52 --- You're welcome :).
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    Wow... You all made such lovely rooms! Love all of them. xxx

Please help me! How do I take a photo of a room? Do I need to be in life mode to take photo's of my room? Sorry about this but I am really a newbie to all of this.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,619 Member
    Art wrote: »
    Wow... You all made such lovely rooms! Love all of them. xxx

Please help me! How do I take a photo of a room? Do I need to be in life mode to take photo's of my room? Sorry about this but I am really a newbie to all of this.

Hello @Art :) I will look forward to seeing your room! :) You can take photos either in build mode or live mode, whichever you prefer. You can take scrrenshots of the room just like you did with your entry in the Quality Control Challenge thread. Take photos of each of the areas of the room.
    Happy simming and photo taking! :)
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow, I was so confused and, did not know that I could just press the c on my keyboard. 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I'm not so bright after all. :blush:
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Art wrote: »
    Thanks @rosemow, I was so confused and, did not know that I could just press the c on my keyboard. plum! I'm not so bright after all. :blush:

Hello @Art :) You can press the C key and the screenshot will be put into your documents -electronic arts -sims 4 - screenshots folder. It can take a little while to get used to how to do things in the Sins, and we are always learning new things, so please don't be concerned :) You are going well!
  • Options

Challenge: 110
    Theme: A Nursery
    Gallery Name: Pastel Paradise
    Origin ID: ArtByAmans

Gallery link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/BF946DBB331511E78921D52383F2FDBD

050717123022PM1494156116.png
    050717123039PM1494156306.png
    050717123154PM1494156335.png
    050717123235PM1494156357.png
    050717123245PM1494156377.png
  • Options
    It is so nice that you have posted your first room entry on the challenge thread! @Art :) Thankyou so very much! I will look forward to you entering future challenges also :)
    Pastel Paradise is a very pretty room! :) Very nice pink and white colour scheme of the room. The multicoloured pastel patterned floor rug in the middle of the room gives such a very nice look to the room! The big bunny is cute there! The little girl will have fun playing with the doll house when she ages to a toddler. The balloons are a pretty celebratory touch om the birth of the new little baby. Very nice tv nook! She will enjoy sitting on the cute animal chairs there, watching programs on the penguin themed tv! The curtains looks very nice in the room. Very nice colour and placement of them. The butterflies on the walls either sides of the tv nook looks so pretty! The pink wall divider separating off the nook area is a nice touch. The circles floor print and the animal floor rug looks so nice in the room! The bed area is very nice! The curtains look very nice how they are placed on the bedhead wall, over the window. Very nice corner nooks either sides of the bed! The quarter tables and the girl prints on the walls look very nice. The panda lamps on top of them look cute! The wall decor is a nice touch. Very nice bassinet nook! The animal pictures on the wall near rhe bassinet are cute for the the baby to see whilst in their bassinet. The pastel ghost wallpaper looks very nice in the room. Very nice dresser nook! The butterflies , flower prints and flower mirror are very pretty for the little girl,to see coming to get dressed. The rabbit wall shelves look nice! The roses thence wall pictures add a special look to the room. The butterflies wall pictures. are pretty for her to see when sitting in the high chair.
    The furnishing and layout of the room looks so very nice! Thankyou again very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    Thanks a lot @rosemow, it's great to take part in these challenge, you encourage us all.
  • Options
  • Options
    @Art --- I like your bassinet and car bed areas of the room, as well as the balloon lights and all the nice toys in the room.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you! @coolsim9999999.
    Your room is amazing! So much detail. I'm in love with the frog in the pond. xxx
  • Options
    @Art --- You're welcome!
    Thank you for your great comment about my cavernous nursery. I'm glad you really like the frog pond :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Challenge 110
    Theme: A Nursery
    Gallery Name: Abandoned Nursery
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    Gallery link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/74472B2E328111E78E71D52383F2FDBD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisalittlesimmer&max=50&maxis=false

I had a little story in my mind while building this.. Imagine a vampire couple. They really want to have a family, they don't want to be alone. They don't know what to do, because they can't have a child (i know they can do that in The Sims but it's for the story :) ) This couple already prepared a nursery a long time ago, so they could be ready as soon as they solved their problem. So it's abandoned at the moment, with cobwebs and stuff like that, because they don't want to go in there anymore. Someday they will be able to have a child somehow, when that happens they have
    to clean this room and bring it back to it's glory :)

It should probably be a lot dirtier, but somehow I can never to that to my builds.. I like them pretty and playable :lol:

@lisalittlesimmer I totally missed this post last night. I love this bittersweet story. I hope you continue it! =) Your "Abandoned Nursery" is perfect for the story.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    @mannanna my pleasure. I really enjoy checking out new rooms. It's been years since I connected with creative Simmers like this (just joined the forum in February), so I would literally do this all day if I could. =)
    mannanna wrote: »
    @Jazztizz First off, love the name Millie! My next little Sim baby girl will be named that. *insert heart*
    Very creative to make a heart shaped room and the tree the way you did it and still make it only one room. I also like the chair next to the crib, that's a nice touch, of course mom/dad/sibling want to sit there and sing the baby to sleep. That is one idea I will copy.

I love the name too. My daughter and her husband came up with it. Her big sis is named Evie. Thanks so much for your comments on my room! I had that heart idea rolling round in my head for a while. I wanted it to look like mom, dad and baby tucked in the middle there. Any time I get to bring the outside in is good too. The chair - yes. Recalled many nights falling asleep in chairs like that for my kids. I wish there were rockers. Maybe there are but I don't have all the packs yet.

Scarlet Lullaby
    @emere wow. What a beautiful room. The sims are perfect models here -- that little toddler! The color and pattern choices are so right. Love this room. Love the bat collage on the wall.

Extra Extra Nursery
    coolsim9999999 wow that is an extra big room with lots of extras. Black, red and white is one of my favorite color combos.

Spring Forest Nursery
    @Karababy52 such a sweet and colorful room. Btw I know what you mean about commenting. It's never expected but some people enjoy it and have the time. I like the bigger Freezer Bunny poster and all cute wall decorations.

I was shopping for doll house furniture for my granddaughter Evie today. I finally settled on an oak kitchen set - fridge, sink and counters all matched. The set I wanted was crazy expensive. There's not a lot of choice, really -- either cheap plastic or super expensive artisan stuff. There are so many times I've designed rooms in the Sims and wished I had the skill to make the same thing IRL for her doll house. Really appreciate the art -- either digital or handcrafted.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Thanks for all the creative inspiration.
    <3.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    Thank you @Jazztizz :) I often have stories in my mind when I'm building, maybe I should think about continuing them :) I do create the Sims for that sometimes, but I'm not really good at that :lol: I'm glad you liked it!
    I love your nursery, the heart shapes are so creative!
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you @Jazztizz :) I often have stories in my mind when I'm building, maybe I should think about continuing them :) I do create the Sims for that sometimes, but I'm not really good at that :lol: I'm glad you liked it!
    I love your nursery, the heart shapes are so creative!

Yes please continue! When I started sharing my stories, it was on the TS1 forum. I was so shy about doing that. I mean, probably literally terrified. My hands would shake when I posted -- every time. But I got such great feedback that eventually I was writing stories all the time. I have a bunch posted on my showcase on the forum that I want to continue using TS4 graphics eventually. One story was a collaboration with a really funny guy and it turned into a video. The Sims stories are a lot like graphic art which is a very respected form of storytelling -- the oldest actually if you think of cave paintings. I have a really dear friend who is an amazing artist and we're writing a YA graphic novel together which will be a 12-part series to start. So yes! Start writing. It can lead to amazing things. Sharing your creativity sparks inspiration in others. I really think the connections we make through creativity are the strongest and most soul-feeding.

Can you tell I'm passionate about this? ^_^
  • Options
    Thank you @Jazztizz for your wonderful comment :)! I'm glad you liked how Extra Extra Nursery came out.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    @Jazztizz yes, I can tell you're passionate ;) your comment is so motivating, thank you very much <3 I just feel so weird when I try to write down stories that I have in my mind.. but I guess practice helps with that :) and I agree, creativity is such an important part of life in general :)
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    It is nice that you sent shopping for dollhouse furniture today @Jazztizz :) The dollhouse that you are making for your granddaughters will be very special <3
    I hope that the story collaboration that you are doing with your graphic artist friend progresses very well. Story writing is a very special,way of expressing our creativity :)
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Hi everyone. My internet is very slow at the moment, and it takes ages to load pictures. I'll look at all the rooms I missed when I have better internet.
  • Options
    illusie wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My internet is very slow at the moment, and it takes ages to load pictures. I'll look at all the rooms I missed when I have better internet.

Hello @illusie :) I am sorry that you are having slow internet issues. I hope that the Internet speed improves for you soon,
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,667 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thank you @rosemow for a very lovely Nursery room challenge for us to do there's so many all very lovely and beautiful from everyone <3<3 good job

Thank you everyone who commented on my room very much appreciated <3:)

Thanks @WrathofCath on how I used striped balloons to create wallpaper didn't think anyone would notice that I use that for my wall for a fireplace if you want to see it it's in my showcase page 13 Vampires Living Room it looks good might give you ideas for your builds :)

@Jazztizz sometimes it's hard to come up with ideas naming our builds or rooms it's amazing how the mind thinks when I was thinking for a name for my Nursery room I see a baby's face and then there was a sun behind the baby's face and then that image it remind me of a kids tv show many years ago when my kids were little here is a picture of it also there's an Aussie song Little Ray Of Sunshine sung by Glenn Shorrock & Brian Cadd thats how I got to name my Nursery room lol
    Post edited by chips46 on
  • Options
    The picture of the baby's face with the sun behind it looks so very special! @chips46 <3 It was very nice reading about how you decided on the name of your room. The Little Ray of Sunshiine song is a lovely song :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @emere's comment about playing aliens got me thinking if it was possible to make an alien baby nursery..and so I had to try. In my imagination, all the unwanted alien babies that are sent back to Sixam are whisked up by the alien spaceships hovering over the hoods. The spaceships transport the babies back to Sixam where they are adopted by alien parents. Here's the nursery in that alien spaceship that transports the babies.

Challenge 110
    Gallery Name of Room: Alien Baby Nursery
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D8CEC199336311E789BF3423E325F46A

Pics:
    05-07-17_10-14-06AM.png
    05-07-17_10-14-37AM.png
    05-07-17_10-12-49AM.png
    05-07-17_10-15-21AM.png
    05-07-17_10-13-18AM.png
    05-07-17_10-27-48AM.png

OK, I think I got all my weird ideas out for the time being. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top