Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited April 2017
    Jes2G wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 Neighborhood rotation stories...kinda like what you're doing with the Benders, but on purpose lol. (and usually with some predetermined method/rules/organized way of doing it)

Gnite!

i can't get ayden to follow rules. i said your going back to elsa til i'm ready to move you back. i'm not positive but i thnk he said make me pfffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttt.
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 Neighborhood rotation stories...kinda like what you're doing with the Benders, but on purpose lol. (and usually with some predetermined method/rules/organized way of doing it)

Gnite!

night.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I have been writing since my elementary days, but didn't get good till my high school years then I went to college and my punctuation got even better. I post my fan fiction on archive of our own and it's called Dawn of Beginning. On fan fiction.net I've had to delete the story multiple times and wattpad well it seems archive and wattpad are the only safe sites I can go to prevent any plum harassment from occurring.

Hi, @ElenaBoleyn ! Any relation to Anne?

Welcome to the Writers' Lounge, and thanks for sharing what you've found with your fanfic! Glad you found a safe place. That's so important!
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea I just realised where I got villain's descendants marry the good guys (or girls)'s descendants from my Fairy Tale Story called Sleeping Beauty&the Dark Curse. Which I never actually finished. I only got as far as Aladdin/Jasmine generation (Aladdin is a descendant of my Cinderella's character twin brother Peter. Well Jasmine is a descendant of Ella herself but the first FT character is Anastasia whom is Sleeping Beauty.) I can't believe how dark I made some of the FT within the story..in my Sleeping Beauty&the Dark Curse

Hey guys what would you guys think of a story which has a dark curse over 9 generations and it has 9 separate but related fairytales (With their own twists)?
    ie Gen 1 is the 8th great-grandma of Gen 9th

That's cool!

I would very much like a fairytale-with-twists generational story! Some Disney Princess challenges are like that.

The name I chose I combined two things that I really love. Elena is from Vampire Diaries the books (hate the show). Boleyn is as you guessed Anne Boleyn, second wife to Henry VIII (been studying about her since I was eleven). It is very hard to find safe sites to post your story to the public.

Did you watch the Showtime mini-series "The Tudors"? If so, I'd love to hear your take on their interpretation of the Boleyns!

i think that used to be on netflix.
  • Options
    i discovred something i downloaded syberia 2 and got bored so i guess i find the bendrs more entertaining than a action game.
  • Options
    ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    I have been writing since my elementary days, but didn't get good till my high school years then I went to college and my punctuation got even better. I post my fan fiction on archive of our own and it's called Dawn of Beginning. On fan fiction.net I've had to delete the story multiple times and wattpad well it seems archive and wattpad are the only safe sites I can go to prevent any plum harassment from occurring.

Hi, @ElenaBoleyn ! Any relation to Anne?

Welcome to the Writers' Lounge, and thanks for sharing what you've found with your fanfic! Glad you found a safe place. That's so important!
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea I just realised where I got villain's descendants marry the good guys (or girls)'s descendants from my Fairy Tale Story called Sleeping Beauty&the Dark Curse. Which I never actually finished. I only got as far as Aladdin/Jasmine generation (Aladdin is a descendant of my Cinderella's character twin brother Peter. Well Jasmine is a descendant of Ella herself but the first FT character is Anastasia whom is Sleeping Beauty.) I can't believe how dark I made some of the FT within the story..in my Sleeping Beauty&the Dark Curse

Hey guys what would you guys think of a story which has a dark curse over 9 generations and it has 9 separate but related fairytales (With their own twists)?
    ie Gen 1 is the 8th great-grandma of Gen 9th

That's cool!

I would very much like a fairytale-with-twists generational story! Some Disney Princess challenges are like that.

The name I chose I combined two things that I really love. Elena is from Vampire Diaries the books (hate the show). Boleyn is as you guessed Anne Boleyn, second wife to Henry VIII (been studying about her since I was eleven). It is very hard to find safe sites to post your story to the public.

Did you watch the Showtime mini-series "The Tudors"? If so, I'd love to hear your take on their interpretation of the Boleyns!

I own all the seasons on dvd. I liked it, but I think it could have been more accurate. Though, it was more accurate to Anne's history then The Other Boleyn Girl by Philappa Gregory.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    April 19 - We've got birthday triplets! :) Must be a super creative day...

@InfraGreen @BLAMSART @TheGeekGamez Happy birthday! :)

infra.png

blamsart.png

geek.png

Hope you each have a really great day--and a wonderful year!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

I own all the seasons on dvd. I liked it, but I think it could have been more accurate. Though, it was more accurate to Anne's history then The Other Boleyn Girl by Philappa Gregory.

That's cool! We enjoyed it. Actually, we haven't yet finished it...
    because we got need a break from beheadings... we'll come back to it!

I love the costumes and the music, especially. I used to play in an early music group, and a lot of the music we played is on the soundtrack!

I think the liberties they took historically add dramatic tension, variety, and interest--and help us sympathize with the characters. But it would be so fun to see a more accurate version!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

I love the costumes and the music, especially. I used to play in an early music group, and a lot of the music we played is on the soundtrack!

I think the liberties they took historically add dramatic tension, variety, and interest--and help us sympathize with the characters. But it would be so fun to see a more accurate version!

The costumes were beautiful but sadly were not historically accurate . Anne of a Thousand Days is a really good one to watch. Costumes were accurate and gorgeous.
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Ah CT - thanks so much for the tips and the story recommendations! I've bookmarked them for sure. I've been meaning to read Jes and Rainy's stories, now I have a third!

My fear is less about running out of space on the fortress, I've been quite lucky and am only now just over 50% full. My main worry is probably running out navigation - which I know is an odd worry - but my main concern is always people being about to read what they want and know where to go next. There's a limit to how much you can fit in one tiny blog and have it all make sense still. It might still be months before you get to read about Strangeville and Penelope (the first). But someday!

Oooh a milestone of your own! Awesome. Take a break if you need one! And wherever that leads you!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Ah CT - thanks so much for the tips and the story recommendations! I've bookmarked them for sure. I've been meaning to read Jes and Rainy's stories, now I have a third!

My fear is less about running out of space on the fortress, I've been quite lucky and am only now just over 50% full. My main worry is probably running out navigation - which I know is an odd worry - but my main concern is always people being about to read what they want and know where to go next. There's a limit to how much you can fit in one tiny blog and have it all make sense still. It might still be months before you get to read about Strangeville and Penelope (the first). But someday!

Oooh a milestone of your own! Awesome. Take a break if you need one! And wherever that leads you!

i never have that problem to avoid confusion when i start over i delete everyting. i didn't mean to delete my library. last time my wp mrdia files are mean though . i keepseeing pics of orginal ayden.
  • Options

i watched the first episode of got yesterday.
  • Options

Game of Thrones? That is such an amazing show! I love it!! I'm actually reading the books currently.
  • Options

Game of Thrones? That is such an amazing show! I love it!! I'm actually reading the books currently.

yes. game of thrones.i probably confused cathtea too. but the inside sissy joke is me being confused then her explaining.
  • Options

yes. game of thrones.i probably confused cathtea too. but the inside sissy joke is me being confused then her explaining.

It's a really good show. You have to binge watch it.
  • Options

i was off yesterday. tomorrow i want my dishwasher back. its still outside. wednesday will be a week.
  • Options

i was off yesterday. tomorrow i want my dishwasher back. its still outside. wednesday will be a week.

A week without your dishwasher?
  • Options

no before easter i had a leak in my apartment. the matence guy pulled out my dishwasher but never put it back.
  • Options

no before easter i had a leak in my apartment. the matence guy pulled out my dishwasher but never put it back.

What a lazy bum. I would be angry as all heck.
  • Options

What a lazy bum. I would be angry as all heck.

i had bad timing i bought a popcorn maker but need a dishwasher to clean the bowls. so its taunting me.
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »

How many of your readers come to you via WordPress Reader? I'm finding that about 60-80% of mine do, on any given day. So for them, the navigation is rather irrelevant? I'm guessing...

I know that for a lot of my readers, all the little things I put on my pages or in the nav never really get seen because they just come through the reader... so...

• Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Not sure if it counts as a gametip...
    But in my game, toddlers cause a great amount of lag to the point where the game is almost unplayable, I have no idea why it's like that. Probably mods. But I don't want to clean up CC as long as I'm still playing this legacy. I will definitely do it after that.

The only solution I found for dealing with toddlers is hiring a Nanny and queue the actions from the toddler, clicking on the Nanny. When any of my household sims interacts with the toddler the lag is enormous. When the Nanny does it, it's smooth sailing. It's kind of sad, but I just let the Nanny do all the work and cancel most of the household interactions regarding the toddler.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @CathyTea: Thanks! 23 doesn't feel like it will be anything unusual...I have to get my state ID renewed by tomorrow, for the first time ever. Maybe it's finally the time for a new pic, since my current one is from 2012 when I first applied for a learner's permit (I was very optimistic).

Also, April 19th is really common for simmers' birthdays. I've known at least one other simmer besides those two with it. And @rednenemon could have been the same if she wasn't so late and stubborn. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    Since my plans for today were ruined, forgot that I have to work the night shift tonight, so no school today for me! Instead I shall nap and sim, probably clean the house a bit... Maybe LOL :tongue: I've started a game-play focused game with little writing to play between playing, screenshots and writing for the Rivera Legacy. If it continues to go as planned, I will be sharing my attempt at the Black Widow Challenge later on.
    Forgot to share this yesterday, new chapter for the Rivera Legacy is out!

1.2 - Party like a Rockstar

• Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    @DeiraShadeweaver That sometimes happens to me, too. I gave up on using the highstool to feed them for that reason. The toddlers sonner die from hunger than getting something to eat because of lags in picking them up.

Question: Do you have any recommendations for a challenge one can do if you are new to SimLit? I'm delving into the Pen Pal Project and I started the Murkland challenge in a more documentary style, but I would like something that's good for storytelling when you are just starting out at writing. I would be happy if somebody could recommend a specific challenge that helps with that. So far I'm considering starting with a legacy challenge, but I'm not sure I can keep up with such a long story without making it boring to read ...
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    i discovred something i downloaded syberia 2 and got bored so i guess i find the bendrs more entertaining than a action game.

I've played the first Syberia and found it interesting but grew bored with it eventually. It's one of those things I can play for awhile but need to break and go back to later. Sims is the same. Until I found Simslit, my breaks could last upward of a year.

How is everyone today?
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file