Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    dmel15 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I will say the one downside to vampires getting their own pack like this is there is no secrecy to them. What I mean is, in Sims 2 and 3 vampires were a lifestate that came in a Night Life type EP and so they were in the background and it made it fun and "challenging" to find one and get turned into a vampire. With this pack, they are just the main focus in their own destination so all it takes to become one is going there and asking to be turned basically.

I don't know, this pack looks really cool and looks like it will be fun, but at the same time we miss out on the fun part of discovering a vampire at night and then being turned.

You could create a storyline where your sim is traveling to GF for a weekend of camping in mother nature. But your sim takes a wrong turn and ends up in this little hidden hamlet that looks friendly enough, so he pitches his tent on an empty lot and then, night falls. He hears strange noises outside his tent, but they're not the kind of noises that you would hear in the woods. He decides to investigate and as he walks into what looks like an old cemetery, a shadow flies across the night sky, blocking the moonlight. He turns, he runs, he's too late. He's prey.

Well yeah I can make up a story, but I was talking about how I liked the randomness and luck, or not, of running into a vampire around town, it added a cool element to the game. Now it's just go to the place to become one.

There are going to be a few pre-made vampires in the game, so it's possible that your sim could run into one on the street or elsewhere. You will still need to talk them into turning you. It really isn't that different, other than having Forgotten Hollow for the vampires to live in peace.
  • Options
    dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    I will say the one downside to vampires getting their own pack like this is there is no secrecy to them. What I mean is, in Sims 2 and 3 vampires were a lifestate that came in a Night Life type EP and so they were in the background and it made it fun and "challenging" to find one and get turned into a vampire. With this pack, they are just the main focus in their own destination so all it takes to become one is going there and asking to be turned basically.

I don't know, this pack looks really cool and looks like it will be fun, but at the same time we miss out on the fun part of discovering a vampire at night and then being turned.

You could create a storyline where your sim is traveling to GF for a weekend of camping in mother nature. But your sim takes a wrong turn and ends up in this little hidden hamlet that looks friendly enough, so he pitches his tent on an empty lot and then, night falls. He hears strange noises outside his tent, but they're not the kind of noises that you would hear in the woods. He decides to investigate and as he walks into what looks like an old cemetery, a shadow flies across the night sky, blocking the moonlight. He turns, he runs, he's too late. He's prey.

Well yeah I can make up a story, but I was talking about how I liked the randomness and luck, or not, of running into a vampire around town, it added a cool element to the game. Now it's just go to the place to become one.

There are going to be a few pre-made vampires in the game, so it's possible that your sim could run into one on the street or elsewhere. You will still need to talk them into turning you. It really isn't that different, other than having Forgotten Hollow for the vampires to live in peace.

They do wander around? I was under the impression they stayed in Forgotten Hollow and you had to go there to meet them.
  • Options

They do wander around? I was under the impression they stayed in Forgotten Hollow and you had to go there to meet them.

It is my understanding that they are unlimited in their travel and can wander into any world. They may feed, but they will not turn any sim into a vampire. That is reserved for the player to decide who gets turned where and when.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I really hated vampires in the sims 2. I remember it taking forever to befriend the vampire enough to get them to bite me so i gave up and just added them to household and cheated the relationship as high as it could go but for some reason my sims would always go outside in the sun. I remember finally one of them died and I just gave up on vampires in the sims 2 lol.
  • Options
    LadyJester wrote: »
    I really hated vampires in the sims 2. I remember it taking forever to befriend the vampire enough to get them to bite me so i gave up and just added them to household and cheated the relationship as high as it could go but for some reason my sims would always go outside in the sun. I remember finally one of them died and I just gave up on vampires in the sims 2 lol.

More often than not, when running to the protection of their home, many died on their own sidewalk.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    It is my understanding that they are unlimited in their travel and can wander into any world. They may feed, but they will not turn any sim into a vampire. That is reserved for the player to decide who gets turned where and when.

Well I hope modders change that and unleash their powers 100%. Vampires should turn others and drink autonomously! I mean how cool would it be if a NPC vampire would sneak into your house at night and drink your blood? If this was possible now that would make for some interesting encounters!

• Options

Oh okay, well nevermind then. My point I was making is invalid lol.
  • Options
    LadyJester wrote: »

I thought the vampires were cool, it did suck if they were out during the day, you basically had to use maxmotives to keep them alive if they were out during the day. But they were cool because their needs never went down at night.

Also befriending them is fairly easy I thought in Sims 2, at least I've always been able to do it without cheating pretty easily. I think its easier to do if the Grand Vampire is the opposite sex of your sim.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    There are rumors about a bat stuffed animal.
    Does anyone have any info about if thats true?
    It would mean that Vamp-Tots and Vamp-Kids have their own toy bat to play or cuddle with.

We dont know about that yet, but it seems like Vampire Kids will just be normal Sim kids with a vampire-ish look and nothing else.
    If thats so, that is a weakness Sims 4 Vampires has compared to the Vampires in Sims 3.
    Those Vamp-Tots bit their Teddys when playing with them once in a while, and their bottles had something red in it, instead of white.
    Such small Hints were there with Kids and Teens too. Not the Thirst, the sunlight thing or any powers, but small animations, textures, buffs or something along those lines would have been nice.
    Not something that affects the gameplay in any way. Just some little cosmetical detail other then grey skin and glowing eyes.
    Still it makes about 246:1 in favour of the new vampires. :D

I am really liking everything about these new vamps so far, but I still hope that vamp tots and vamp kids have some kind of small vamp-ish detail like the ones you've mentioned from Sims 3 (like vamp tots trying to bite teddy bears, etc).

I would love a playful parent-toddler interaction, like the Attack of the Claw gesture from Sims 3, but more designed for vampires like Show Off Fangs or playful Fake Air Bite.

(Brief video of the animation of the "Attack of the Claw" interaction from Sims 3 below:

https://youtu.be/N3Or8xUAg0Y )
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BoomChikaBoomPowBoomChikaBoomPow Posts: 79 Member
    When is the livestream? Did I miss it?
  • Options
    When is the livestream? Did I miss it?

tomorrow 1pm pt. You didnt miss it.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,472 Member
    Delirium wrote: »
    I'm trying to make the waiting easier by listening to Bram Stoker's Dracula movie soundtrack and reading the book! Wojciech Kilar is an amazing composer! I recommend the soundtrack as a medicine to your vampire madness :) !

That soundtrack is truly magnificent! It's always been one of my very favorites for mood music. I'll probably put some of those songs into my game. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Crikey. Gurus Meg, George, Emory, and myself just ran through a practice session for tomorrow's Live Stream. It's unbelievable how much we pushed into this pack. I'm flabbergasted. 60 minutes isn't nearly enough to show it off in detail. 90 minutes isn't enough either!

will the livestream be longer than the others have been?
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

As I understand it, they indeed wander arround. But not during the day, naturally.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I so can not wait to see the Live Stream tomorrow, Whoot, :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Crikey. Gurus Meg, George, Emory, and myself just ran through a practice session for tomorrow's Live Stream. It's unbelievable how much we pushed into this pack. I'm flabbergasted. 60 minutes isn't nearly enough to show it off in detail. 90 minutes isn't enough either!

I have to run home from work....well who am I kidding....at my age it will be a brisk walk. I can make it in time! Don't start without me! lol
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    5 lots? That's it? That just poured ice water into the lap of my excitement for this GP.

Yes but one empty house and one empty lot.
  • Options

I really hope yall will do 90 then.
  • Options
    Also is there a stuffed bat toy for children?

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Somehow I think that their interpretation of hunting and or interpretation is different. I think they mean vampires hunting for their next nibble. While some of us are sitting here excited and imaging making Buffy.

I really want vampire hunting aka slaying to be a thing.

But right now, I'm more curious about that family tree and the vampire bassinet.

I mean that my sim can find and forcefully cure vampires. :)

@SimGuruNinja YES!!!!! Is this something that will be exclusive to vampires, or will other supernatural lifestates in the future also be able to be hunted?

I hope other life states, but of course uniquely forcefully cure supernaturals.
    I wonder how, I just hopes the cures makes somewhat sense like they researched a way to turn a Supernatural back into a human and isn't some random sim logic.

I know how to poison Supernaturals but cure...

For sorcerers, I would like Vampires should definitely be a way to turn a Sorcerer in to Human. It would be a neat addition to Vampire's strengths, that if they bite a Sorcerer they sap them of all their powers and can use their magic against them.

For Werewolves I know not everyone doesn't want play it this way, But An Alpha's bite Can turn a Human into a werewolf, and the Alpha's bite can also undo it... Maybe they make it so It has to be the same werewolf who bit your sim can undo it.

Maybe turn to Scientist to the scientist Career, engineer a Device, or Extract a Supernatural's DNA and make a cure.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    superwholockisimsuperwholockisim Posts: 6 New Member
    Just out of curiosity (and I realize that the pack goes live on the 24th) but what time are you planning to let it go live, since you can't preorder it?
  • Options
    Also is there a stuffed bat toy for children?

Yes. Giant stuffed Bearcula!

What? A giant stuffed Bearcula! Sweet!
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Somehow I think that their interpretation of hunting and or interpretation is different. I think they mean vampires hunting for their next nibble. While some of us are sitting here excited and imaging making Buffy.

I really want vampire hunting aka slaying to be a thing.

But right now, I'm more curious about that family tree and the vampire bassinet.

I mean that my sim can find and forcefully cure vampires. :)

@SimGuruNinja YES!!!!! Is this something that will be exclusive to vampires, or will other supernatural lifestates in the future also be able to be hunted?

I hope other life states, but of course uniquely forcefully cure supernaturals.
    I wonder how, I just hopes the cures makes somewhat sense like they researched a way to turn a Supernatural back into a human and isn't some random sim logic.

I know how to poison Supernaturals but cure...

For sorcerers, I would like Vampires should definitely be a way to turn a Sorcerer in to Human. It would be a neat addition to Vampire's strengths, that if they bite a Sorcerer they sap them of all their powers and can use their magic against them.

For Werewolves I know not everyone doesn't want play it this way, But An Alpha's bite Can turn a Human into a werewolf, and the Alpha's bite can also undo it... Maybe they make it so It has to be the same werewolf who bit your sim can undo it.

Maybe turn to Scientist to the scientist Career, engineer a Device, or Extract a Supernatural's DNA and make a cure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but vampires and werewolves are the only occults not born occults, but turned. So only they could be "cured" of their affliction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top