Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think the game will ever have any type of "murder" in the game no matter how innocuous it is because of the rating. However that doesn't stop the player from helping it along. (I've killed my fair share of sims in the pool). If a vampire doesn't have the ability to turn into a mist or a bat, then trapping them in an outdoor cage would work. More powerful vampires shouldn't be so easily killed anyway. I will, instead, try curing them. Some would consider that a death warrant, while others might be grateful to be human again, maybe even joining the hunters in tracking down all the vampires they have come across. They would essentially be turned a second time for the good of simkind.
  • ShayminnasakuraShayminnasakura Posts: 13 New Member
    Do vampire toddlers have thirst need bar?

I would think the needs of every vampire is the same even if your powers as a toddler or kid have not developed yet.
    Is there a vampire council?Or new jobs?
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I would think the needs of every vampire is the same even if your powers as a toddler or kid have not developed yet.

I hope so. :)
    Is there a vampire council?Or new jobs?

I don't think there is a playable council unless you create one, but there is some sort of league that sends you :gifts" of some kind if you register your vampire's lair.

I don't think there are any new jobs but you can be a vampire hunter (if you have enough money stashed away to survive).
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    There are rumors about a bat stuffed animal.
    Does anyone have any info about if thats true?
    It would mean that Vamp-Tots and Vamp-Kids have their own toy bat to play or cuddle with.

We dont know about that yet, but it seems like Vampire Kids will just be normal Sim kids with a vampire-ish look and nothing else.
    If thats so, that is a weakness Sims 4 Vampires has compared to the Vampires in Sims 3.
    Those Vamp-Tots bit their Teddys when playing with them once in a while, and their bottles had something red in it, instead of white.
    Such small Hints were there with Kids and Teens too. Not the Thirst, the sunlight thing or any powers, but small animations, textures, buffs or something along those lines would have been nice.
    Not something that affects the gameplay in any way. Just some little cosmetical detail other then grey skin and glowing eyes.
    Still it makes about 246:1 in favour of the new vampires. :D
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

It would certainly be funny to see a little bat-themed sippy cup! :D
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    It would mean that Vamp-Tots and Vamp-Kids have their own toy bat to play or cuddle with.

We dont know about that yet, but it seems like Vampire Kids will just be normal Sim kids with a vampire-ish look and nothing else.
    If thats so, that is a weakness Sims 4 Vampires has compared to the Vampires in Sims 3.
    Those Vamp-Tots bit their Teddys when playing with them once in a while, and their bottles had something red in it, instead of white.
    Such small Hints were there with Kids and Teens too. Not the Thirst, the sunlight thing or any powers, but small animations, textures, buffs or something along those lines would have been nice.
    Not something that affects the gameplay in any way. Just some little cosmetical detail other then grey skin and glowing eyes.

They haven't spoken on the subject of toddlers and kids very much at all (other than no vampire powers and not burning to a crisp on the way to and from school) so we don't know what they have in store for them. I would hope for a few vampire themed toys and clothes and hair. We know they can have the vampire look of their parents. Just because they have no powers, doesn't mean they won't act like vampire kids in some way.
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    I've asked this on another thread, but since this is the most crowded one, I'll do it again: can a vampire protect itself from curing attempts? I mean, I'd hate to be cured out of the nowhere lol
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    @JohnVanGould I think we can pick powers like Sunlight Immunity or Garlic Immunity that can help with that.
    I've asked this on another thread, but since this is the most crowded one, I'll do it again: can a vampire protect itself from curing attempts? I mean, I'd hate to be cured out of the nowhere lol

We don't know how the "cure" will manifest itself yet, so there's no way to know if it can be stopped, but I would think if it's an NPC vampire you created, then you probably can cure them. If you're playing a vampire, I wouldn't think your vampire could not be cured without your permission like your sim won't be turned without your permission. They seem to want the player to have all the power in deciding what happens to who and when in this version.
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    5 lots? That's it? That just poured ice water into the lap of my excitement for this GP.
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    5 lots? That's it? That just poured ice water into the lap of my excitement for this GP.

Five lots for me is plenty. How many dark, spooky lots do you need in your game?
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member

Five lots for me is plenty. How many dark, spooky lots do you need in your game?

More than five certainly. I was hoping for a whole spooky town, not a spooky Magnolia Promenade.

More than five certainly. I was hoping for a whole spooky town, not a spooky Magnolia Promenade.

For me, a whole spooky world would make the idea less special than more special. Forgotten Hollow feels small and hidden and special. A huge world would lose that effect. I'm willing to give up space for character and charm.
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member

We don't know how the "cure" will manifest itself yet, so there's no way to know if it can be stopped, but I would think if it's an NPC vampire you created, then you probably can cure them. If you're playing a vampire, I wouldn't think your vampire could not be cured without your permission like your sim won't be turned without your permission. They seem to want the player to have all the power in deciding what happens to who and when in this version.

I hope you're right!
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited January 2017

I see it as a place for the Ancients or Council Vampires (like how the Voluturi in Twilight had their little area or how in the Underworld movies, each coven had a small area. Even Being Human US had vampires had their own hideout throughout the human world rather than a whole city).
    A whole vampire town might be too much
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

They haven't spoken on the subject of toddlers and kids very much at all (other than no vampire powers and not burning to a crisp on the way to and from school) so we don't know what they have in store for them. I would hope for a few vampire themed toys and clothes and hair. We know they can have the vampire look of their parents. Just because they have no powers, doesn't mean they won't act like vampire kids in some way.

Ideally, I would have hoped for one or twoo vampire related interactions and some random Animations while idleing or playing or something.
    Along with special Hair and Clothing for them of course. And some toys and furniture.
    I get that Vamp-Tots and Vamp-Kids dont have powers or changed needs (even though I would like them to have just hunger switched with thirst). In earlier Sims Games, Vamp-Kids and Vamp-Tots did not have any of this exept those little things I mentioned.
    But even if there is nothing for Kids, not a new crib, no new toys, no new clothing or hair, no random animation or interaction... even if all we have seen for anyone below teen in the avatar pics of the SimGurus is all we get, they are still the best Vampires we ever had in a Sims game.
    At least thats my oppinion.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

Ideally, I would have hoped for one or twoo vampire related interactions and some random Animations while idleing or playing or something.
    Along with special Hair and Clothing for them of course. And some toys and furniture.
    I get that Vamp-Tots and Vamp-Kids dont have powers or changed needs (even though I would like them to have just hunger switched with thirst). In earlier Sims Games, Vamp-Kids and Vamp-Tots did not have any of this exept those little things I mentioned.
    But even if there is nothing for Kids, not a new crib, no new toys, no new clothing or hair, no random animation or interaction... even if all we have seen for anyone below teen in the avatar pics of the SimGurus is all we get, they are still the best Vampires we ever had in a Sims game.

At the very least, I did notice that they included a few black clothing swatches for the toddlers already, for those who want to "goth" them up a little. But hopefully we'll get a few more things in the pack as well.
    #Team Occult
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

At the very least, I did notice that they included a few black clothing swatches for the toddlers already, for those who want to "goth" them up a little. But hopefully we'll get a few more things in the pack as well.

Awesome I sure hope we do, :)
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member

Well its a game pack and not an EP. There is one empty lot which I am ok with. Don't get me wrong I would of loved for a bigger town or whatever but we don't know in the future they might do more towns that are spooky like this one.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I give you.... Darth Vadpire?
    (He needs a better name than that.)

4YsB1BI.png

Darth Vladimir? maybe :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I give you.... Darth Vadpire?
    (He needs a better name than that.)

4YsB1BI.png

Idk he kinda reminds me of that one guy from the Addams Family :blush:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list