Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2017
    Can we get back to vampires and what this thread subject is pls? Thank you.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'm probably going to miss part of the livestream :(
  • Options
    musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Also is there a stuffed bat toy for children?

Yes. Giant stuffed Bearcula!

What? A giant stuffed Bearcula! Sweet!
    Somehow I think that their interpretation of hunting and or interpretation is different. I think they mean vampires hunting for their next nibble. While some of us are sitting here excited and imaging making Buffy.

I really want vampire hunting aka slaying to be a thing.

But right now, I'm more curious about that family tree and the vampire bassinet.

I mean that my sim can find and forcefully cure vampires. :)

@SimGuruNinja YES!!!!! Is this something that will be exclusive to vampires, or will other supernatural lifestates in the future also be able to be hunted?

I hope other life states, but of course uniquely forcefully cure supernaturals.
    I wonder how, I just hopes the cures makes somewhat sense like they researched a way to turn a Supernatural back into a human and isn't some random sim logic.

I know how to poison Supernaturals but cure...

For sorcerers, I would like Vampires should definitely be a way to turn a Sorcerer in to Human. It would be a neat addition to Vampire's strengths, that if they bite a Sorcerer they sap them of all their powers and can use their magic against them.

For Werewolves I know not everyone doesn't want play it this way, But An Alpha's bite Can turn a Human into a werewolf, and the Alpha's bite can also undo it... Maybe they make it so It has to be the same werewolf who bit your sim can undo it.

Maybe turn to Scientist to the scientist Career, engineer a Device, or Extract a Supernatural's DNA and make a cure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but vampires and werewolves are the only occults not born occults, but turned. So only they could be "cured" of their affliction.

No you're right as well the mythology for werewolves I found most interesting, Zeus cursed an entire village as an eternal punishment for murder and cannibalism. but the curse remained throughout many generations. Obviously the curse spread, when a werewolf bites/scratches a human deep enough. if the human is strong enough and nature allows it, the human will turn, or die.

Me being a fan of Teen Wolf I adopted the belief of Pack Mentality, the Alpha with all the power, but without his/her pack to support them, They are powerless. Which is why I felt pack mentality Should have been a driving key for werewolves. An Alpha werewolf has only but 3 options to build their pack. Mate which is the more humane way. or bite and bestow the Gift/Curse (however you want to look at it) on a human. The third and often over-looked option, make friends. the Alpha's Power It's a Burden, therefore Alphas need people to back them up.
    Werewolves The way Peter Hale delivers it, it was so poetic. "You were my Beta first, Scott. It was my bite that began you're life, and my bite that can end it."
    And it makes sense, The poison is also a cure.

But similar to getting bit and turned into a werewolf, it comes with the steep price, especially a Born werewolves, should nature allow you to survive. the curse would be broken.

-but doing it this way could also hinder how Players would like to play.

But How do you undo such a powerful curse... Surely True Love... I mean love is powerful enough to preserve your human side and give you control, (Which is connected to having a pack). but it's not enough to turn you fully human.

but It would still be neat if there was a way to strip a Sorcerer of their ability to do magic. I like to believe people are gifted with this power and like all gifts they can be taken away or stolen.

I love Teen Wolf. When they announced it years ago, I thought, why would they resurrect that old Michael J. Fox movie for TV. But I was hooked from the get go. Was it Teen Wolf that had the myth that if you drink water from a wolf's paw print, you'll become a werewolf? Or was that something else? I always got the levels and eye colors confused. Do you know the order or color of wolf eyes and what they mean? Red is Beta, right? What and when are yellow and blue?

Maybe for witch hunters, there could be a "binder" type of spell that would strip witches of their ability to connect to the magical part of them that draws energy from nature. It could be reversed by a council of very powerful witches, but if it backfires, they die.

I love Teen Wolf and hope they bring in Werewolves like what we see on the show. Red= Alpha, Blue= Beta who has taken an innocent life and Yellow=Beta or Omega
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    We're close now, 1 hour :love:
  • Options
    musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    Also is there a stuffed bat toy for children?

Yes. Giant stuffed Bearcula!

What? A giant stuffed Bearcula! Sweet!
    Somehow I think that their interpretation of hunting and or interpretation is different. I think they mean vampires hunting for their next nibble. While some of us are sitting here excited and imaging making Buffy.

I really want vampire hunting aka slaying to be a thing.

But right now, I'm more curious about that family tree and the vampire bassinet.

I mean that my sim can find and forcefully cure vampires. :)

@SimGuruNinja YES!!!!! Is this something that will be exclusive to vampires, or will other supernatural lifestates in the future also be able to be hunted?

I hope other life states, but of course uniquely forcefully cure supernaturals.
    I wonder how, I just hopes the cures makes somewhat sense like they researched a way to turn a Supernatural back into a human and isn't some random sim logic.

I know how to poison Supernaturals but cure...

For sorcerers, I would like Vampires should definitely be a way to turn a Sorcerer in to Human. It would be a neat addition to Vampire's strengths, that if they bite a Sorcerer they sap them of all their powers and can use their magic against them.

For Werewolves I know not everyone doesn't want play it this way, But An Alpha's bite Can turn a Human into a werewolf, and the Alpha's bite can also undo it... Maybe they make it so It has to be the same werewolf who bit your sim can undo it.

Maybe turn to Scientist to the scientist Career, engineer a Device, or Extract a Supernatural's DNA and make a cure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but vampires and werewolves are the only occults not born occults, but turned. So only they could be "cured" of their affliction.

No you're right as well the mythology for werewolves I found most interesting, Zeus cursed an entire village as an eternal punishment for murder and cannibalism. but the curse remained throughout many generations. Obviously the curse spread, when a werewolf bites/scratches a human deep enough. if the human is strong enough and nature allows it, the human will turn, or die.

Me being a fan of Teen Wolf I adopted the belief of Pack Mentality, the Alpha with all the power, but without his/her pack to support them, They are powerless. Which is why I felt pack mentality Should have been a driving key for werewolves. An Alpha werewolf has only but 3 options to build their pack. Mate which is the more humane way. or bite and bestow the Gift/Curse (however you want to look at it) on a human. The third and often over-looked option, make friends. the Alpha's Power It's a Burden, therefore Alphas need people to back them up.
    Werewolves The way Peter Hale delivers it, it was so poetic. "You were my Beta first, Scott. It was my bite that began you're life, and my bite that can end it."
    And it makes sense, The poison is also a cure.

But similar to getting bit and turned into a werewolf, it comes with the steep price, especially a Born werewolves, should nature allow you to survive. the curse would be broken.

-but doing it this way could also hinder how Players would like to play.

But How do you undo such a powerful curse... Surely True Love... I mean love is powerful enough to preserve your human side and give you control, (Which is connected to having a pack). but it's not enough to turn you fully human.

but It would still be neat if there was a way to strip a Sorcerer of their ability to do magic. I like to believe people are gifted with this power and like all gifts they can be taken away or stolen.

I love Teen Wolf. When they announced it years ago, I thought, why would they resurrect that old Michael J. Fox movie for TV. But I was hooked from the get go. Was it Teen Wolf that had the myth that if you drink water from a wolf's paw print, you'll become a werewolf? Or was that something else? I always got the levels and eye colors confused. Do you know the order or color of wolf eyes and what they mean? Red is Beta, right? What and when are yellow and blue?

Maybe for witch hunters, there could be a "binder" type of spell that would strip witches of their ability to connect to the magical part of them that draws energy from nature. It could be reversed by a council of very powerful witches, but if it backfires, they die.

Drinking rain water from the Foot print of a regular wolf came from last Season, then the Beast of Gévaudan was created.

Alpha- red eyes
    Beta - Gold eyes
    Blue - if the werewolf does something that compromises their nature as a wolf.

Perhaps I like the idea of the Hunter having to use magic to ultimately get rid of magic.
    I also like to believe A Sorcerer's spell book is a very powerful Conduit, that embodies the Sim's magic, Maybe destroy the spell book, you destroy the sim's power. You could also steal and aquire the Sorcerer's magic. But if the sorcerer, by some other meathod, loses their abilities they can regain what they lost by simply Reading their book. Perhaps what ever object the sim uses the most becomes their conduit, a mirror, a wand, their spell book, the cauldron. Destroy it and the sorcerer becomes human.
    To7m wrote: »
    You guys lol, you have to stop talking about magic and spells and witches. I can't take it - I WANT IT ALL!!

@SimGuruNinja - Witch pack next please, please, pleeeease!?!?!?

--T

ETA: Didn't know that about Zeus and the curse. Will have to read up on that, sounds really interesting. I've never seen Teen wolf but agree on pack mentaility though. I work with dogs and they have their little packs (cliques I call them lol) when the Alpha dog is away or something, the rest of them get sad and mope around. Lol

1) I'll Never stop!!! Muahahaha!!!

2) I love mythology, I believe it's the story Lycaon, the King of Arcadia.

Thanks, it's all coming back to me now. That's when they brought back Crystal Reed to play Allison's ancestor. Thanks for the eyes info, too.
    I hope Netflix picks it up so I can rewatch the entire show sometime.

You can watch the show on Amazon for free if you have Amazon Prime. That is what I've been doing in order to get caught up.
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Just think. If this were a pack with magic, it would be the Witching Hour.
  • Options
    Can you give non-vampire Sims glowing eyes or no?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I think you can in CAS when you create him/her from the start but not if you take a sim back into CAS.
  • Options

I think you can in CAS when you create him/her from the start but not if you take a sim back into CAS.

D'oh!
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    20 mins! Woo!!
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    How long is the livestream going to go?
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    How long is the livestream going to go?

It sounds like an hour, from what has been said so far.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Direct link to The Sims twitch channel
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    10 minutes! eeeek!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Can someone link me please?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Can someone link me please?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Really liking that CAS background song lol (it's different, right?). Want to see the game play though ^^
    ETA: the hair's killing me, so cool! (all the clothes are :love: too)
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    they teleport as bats what a let down :(
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    DeliriumDelirium Posts: 85 Member
    OH MY OH MY OH MY!!! I think I just died and turned into a vampire!!! This is so much better than I could have imagined!! Am I dreaming!? Thank you so much sims team!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    This so amazing, seriously. So many new interactions, B&B and CAS stuff, the place, the feel of it, the power options, the new lot traits (which may actually lend themselves to fun stories outside of FH), it's just amazing! :D And I feel like for 20, we almost get more out of it (at least game play wise) than we got for 40 in CL. Mind. blown. Wish it was Tuesday already. :love::love::love:
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    This is so awesome, thank you so much for showing us all this before we can actually put our own hands on it. Sadly you could not show what happens with that slay a vampire option if the Sim is a human! Vampire hunters are most likely no vampires themselves right? If the sim is a hunter and a human does he have any chance to win this slay fight? Also I really, really love the bat interaction, I am sure if you would focus the camera on the sim so it would follow him, you could see the bat fly to the destination, sadly they didn't show it this way.

You killed Vlad!!! Evil gurus LOL No really I will have a lot of fun with this pack, in the matter of fact until any other highly advanced creature comes out, I think vampires will be the ONLY sims I will play, they are just too cool!
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I still don't know if this was answered or not but could you swim in the lake?
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I just forgot to add that I honestly LOVE the fact that you can ask for a drink on a human sim. But that you don't need to! This is huge! Something that was missing so much on all the other vampires! Also there were drinking options that you did not show to us, so this will be a surprise I suppose! :smile:
  • Options
    DeliriumDelirium Posts: 85 Member
    The coffins!!! I thought there was going to be one option but there were three!!! And the organ! And the CAS was so spectacular that I have no words for it!! Now I can unleash all the creepyness from my brain into the game!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top