Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

Comments

• Options
    monnamonna Posts: 6 New Member
    So happy that I caught the live stream. now I can't wait until Tuesday to play with this pack. I am sure my friends who do not play the Sims can't wait until Tuesday since that means I will be focusing on the game and not talking their ears off about how excited I am.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I know. I saw so much stuff that my little grey cells are turning blood red with excitement. I'm trying to design vampire outfits for my sims, finishing builds with the new, cool build stuff and thinking about which, if any, houses I might want to redo.
  • Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    Lost the last minutes of it, but everything I saw was AWESOME!!!! I wasn't paying much attention to the items but now I want to build a full-goth underground mansion, everything looks so gorgeous!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    @SimGuruNinja

After a Vamp is cured, if he/she is turned again, do they:
    a) retain their Vamp powers and exp
    b) retain their exp so that you can rechoose their powers
    c)start from scratch
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    PS. guys I think I just found it, we may be able to swim in this lake behind that house. Some people thought that you may be able to swim there, but after re watching the stream I found it. There is a sim (probably female) coming from behind the trees with only bikini or underwear on!

They hid it for a bit with the camera. But this sim at 1:19:41... comes from someplace. Look at it and tell me behind these trees is not something where you can swim or do something else! https://www.twitch.tv/thesims/v/116102480
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    PS. guys I think I just found it, we may be able to swim in this lake behind that house. Some people thought that you may be able to swim there, but after re watching the stream I found it. There is a sim (probably female) coming from behind the trees with only bikini or underwear on!

They hid it for a bit with the camera. But this sim at 1:19:41... comes from someplace. Look at it and tell me behind these trees is not something where you can swim or do something else! https://www.twitch.tv/thesims/v/116102480

I need to rewatch it again, and again, but now that you say that I do believe they even said something about her going for a swim... or was that my mind and wishful thinking?
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I so can not wait to get this Pack , after seeing the Live Stream all I got to say bout it is Wow , just Wow, :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

I need to rewatch it again, and again, but now that you say that I do believe they even said something about her going for a swim... or was that my mind and wishful thinking?

Yeah they definitely said that. I was confused too but then they just mentioned fishing at the lake, so I don't know. Maybe it was just story telling like someone suggested, or maybe this is a world where you can swim in natural water which would be :astonished: but it's awwmazing either way even without being able to swim in that beautiful lake!
  • Options
    DeliriumDelirium Posts: 85 Member
    I want to swim in that lake!!! And so does my polish nosferatu!!! Aargh!!! I want the GP NOW!!!!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Delirium wrote: »
    I want to swim in that lake!!! And so does my polish nosferatu!!! Aargh!!! I want the GP NOW!!!!

You better find out what's lurking in those reeds before dipping a toesy in that water.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I still want to know whats special about the bat woohoo. I want it to be Tuesday already lol.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Delirium wrote: »

You better find out what's lurking in those reeds before dipping a toesy in that water.

You sent chills down my spine! :o
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    DeliriumDelirium Posts: 85 Member
    You are right Dannydanbo... I am too impatient... I don't want to be culled just yet...
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited January 2017
    LadyJester wrote: »
    I still don't know if this was answered or not but could you swim in the lake?

Hasn't been answered and the devs are ignoring the question on twitter too... hmmm. I guess we'll know on the 24th!

Edited:
    Post edited by NZsimm3r on
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    SimGuruNinja just tweeted that there's no swimming there.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja just tweeted that there's no swimming there.

I somehow do not believe that. It doesn't make sense. I followed that sim going behind the trees to the lake and she had something on. After she came back she was in bathing suit. Does that make sense? LOL
  • Options
    Oh my goodness... I just had the idea to go in the game and play a little, but the wait for vampires is so crazy... :( I would love to right now jump into it, instead I have to play with my sim for a little while longer. Thanks god I am playing on Long Life span, so she won't be an elder sim until vampires comes out. Can't wait any longer :neutral:
  • Options
    HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Can an alien become a hybrid of an alien/vampire? Will a child with a vampire parent and a alien parent have a 50/50 chance of being an alien or vampire?
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    No hyrbids
  • Options
    SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    No hyrbids
    For any lifestate.

I hope one day they'll update that. In The Sims 3 for instance, when a Human and an Alien bred, the result was a grey-skinned person with hair, and alien eyes, who could wield alien powers, then the next gen would be similiar, and eventually you got mostly Human hybrids who had Human skin, but large eyes, but anyway, 3 generations following the first hybrid could use alien mind powers, they should do the same in TS4
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I just had a fun thought for making a vampire hunter. Get them high enough wellness skill, so they can use the teleport ability. Then they can give chase to vamps who can do their own kind of teleporting. They'd even have their own kind of "meditation." :smile:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    5 lots? That's it? That just poured ice water into the lap of my excitement for this GP.

Five lots for me is plenty. How many dark, spooky lots do you need in your game?

More than five certainly. I was hoping for a whole spooky town, not a spooky Magnolia Promenade.

For me, a whole spooky world would make the idea less special than more special. Forgotten Hollow feels small and hidden and special. A huge world would lose that effect. I'm willing to give up space for character and charm.

Meh, yeah no. 5 little lots is barely even a start. Midnight Hollow was one of my favorites from TS3 and it had plenty of character and charm. 5 lots would make a nice neighborhood inside the spooky town. All that character and charm you want you lose as soon as you want to do something other than hang out at home.
  • Options
    HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    edited January 2017
    Saccadon wrote: »
    imhappy wrote: »
    No hyrbids
    For any lifestate.

I hope one day they'll update that. In The Sims 3 for instance, when a Human and an Alien bred, the result was a grey-skinned person with hair, and alien eyes, who could wield alien powers, then the next gen would be similiar, and eventually you got mostly Human hybrids who had Human skin, but large eyes, but anyway, 3 generations following the first hybrid could use alien mind powers, they should do the same in TS4

@Saccadon
    So for my existing pure aliens can they even be turned into a vampire? And if so than are they no longer aliens and lose those powers and features forever?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top