Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @NShippudenFan Nice pictures :smile: The portraits look good as well
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Tanya with big sis Tabitha ;)-
    jgoNr4P.png

Andrea and Mom Angela
    ONHoSSh.png
    mmevMOn.png

Mom took this pic and painted it XD. Now their family paintings/portraits is complete ;)-
    nAIbWUX.png

yFwJkG0.png

How did she paint herself? :O I also love doing the family portrait thing, but just missing one of my momma sim. Or do you just make the hubby paint her?
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    junceda wrote: »

Playing TS4 toddlers for now, they are cute, a lot of well done animations and interactions, though there are some of TS3 toddlers I would always preffer

Screenshot-855_zpsq6kuosr6.jpg

Screenshot-867_zpsfmbgfmkz.jpg

Screenshot-861_zpsxqm3xq7i.jpg

Screenshot-520_zpssgrzxlls.jpg

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-464_zpseuojgx8l.jpg

Screenshot-457_zpsqens7j9z.jpg

Screenshot-841_zpsaojueszf.jpg

Screenshot-216_zpsitatwco0.jpg

paseando_zpsd2f789d9.png

May be those could be implemented by and by or with a Generations EP... EA are you listenning?

One of the guru's asked what other objects we'd like to see for toddlers on Twitter yesterday. I'd say they are listening now.
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    @Sc3niX thanks! :). Lol, no she didn't paint herself haha, I believe I did have her husband do the painting.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Thank you @king_of_simcity7 glad you like the pics ;)
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    I am happy toddlers were added finally. I hope they do have a generations ep. I really hope in it they fix teens and improve babies. Then if we get seasons and pets. I am still on the fence about getting the game. Too bad its not on sale right now. Just afraid to drop down so much money and still never see all the other improvements.
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    I am happy toddlers were added finally. I hope they do have a generations ep. I really hope in it they fix teens and improve babies. Then if we get seasons and pets. I am still on the fence about getting the game. Too bad its not on sale right now. Just afraid to drop down so much money and still never see all the other improvements.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm currently trying the 7 Toddler challenge. Today is the first day and everything seems to be going well, of course. LOL.

cthe7zI.jpg

Haha, gotta add Toddler Dylan in there and his pals. XD
    V45oAEk.jpg

*When your friend doesn't know how to walk properly*

r0atni5.jpg

*And you wanna help but you can't walk well either*
    :D
    ydqyWPH.jpg

Haha, now he's dancing but he won't be dancing for long. :D
    Z3t88e5.jpg

Story time!
    am3CdIP.jpg

Also, lil Dylan with his cute onesie. :love:
    PNtjwDC.jpg
    Just don't have the epic fail like The Sims Supply's toddler hell challenge :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2017
    01-19-17_1-50-39nbspAM.png

I know this wasn't meant to be because the toddler stretched to get in the hot tub, so here's hoping there will be a fix. I had to put the hot tub in the family inventory because Noel wouldn't stay out of it.

ScreenShot026.png

Marcus is telling Noel to stay out the hot tub, but independent kid is so defiant! LOL My poor Marcus, has taken to working out on the treadmill, on his own. He's lazy so he never touched it before Noel was born. That's funny.

01-19-17_4-41-18nbspAM.png

Noel's mom, Randi has taken to drinking again. That's not gonna help you hun.

01-19-17_4-24-12nbspAM.png
    01-19-17_4-24-04nbspAM.png

Took my focus off Noel for 5 mins, come back to this. He was playing with toys in the room. Ugh.

ScreenShot029.png

Mommy, play with meeee!
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @blewis823 Cute toddler pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    OMG I'm late to the party......How did I miss this.....TODDLERS!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Haiden wrote: »
    OMG I'm late to the party......How did I miss this.....TODDLERS!

Enjoy :D
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    @blewis823 Cute toddler pictures :smile:

Thank you. They are a handful to play with, but it's fun.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I'm currently trying the 7 Toddler challenge. Today is the first day and everything seems to be going well, of course. LOL.

cthe7zI.jpg

V45oAEk.jpg

r0atni5.jpg

ydqyWPH.jpg

Z3t88e5.jpg

Story time!
    am3CdIP.jpg

PNtjwDC.jpg
    Just don't have the epic fail like The Sims Supply's toddler plum challenge :joy:

Haha, at least he hired a nanny to help. I'm not going to... yet. :tongue:

This is my Day 3.

The boys just want attention today!
    HkvmDnM.jpg

The poor caretaker tho... He can't even eat in peace. :D
    OwEtL1E.jpg

His plumbob is the most red in the whole household, believe it or not! Haha!
    6cm9eyd.jpg

This is pretty much what goes down in the house 80% of the time.
    SSwvKvr.jpg

And lil Dylan is so stinky, I can't tell if that sandwich has just gone bad or not...
    I believe it was. XD And I just let him eat it. I'm such a bad parent. :joy:
    DaiQ1js.jpg
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

cthe7zI.jpg

V45oAEk.jpg

r0atni5.jpg

ydqyWPH.jpg

Z3t88e5.jpg

Story time!
    am3CdIP.jpg

PNtjwDC.jpg
    Just don't have the epic fail like The Sims Supply's toddler plum challenge :joy:

This is my Day 3.

HkvmDnM.jpg

OwEtL1E.jpg

6cm9eyd.jpg

SSwvKvr.jpg

And lil Dylan is so stinky, I can't tell if that sandwich has just gone bad or not...
    DaiQ1js.jpg
    Ya then he fired the nanny because she was being to helpful LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

cthe7zI.jpg

V45oAEk.jpg

r0atni5.jpg

ydqyWPH.jpg

Z3t88e5.jpg

Story time!
    am3CdIP.jpg

PNtjwDC.jpg

This is my Day 3.

HkvmDnM.jpg

OwEtL1E.jpg

6cm9eyd.jpg

SSwvKvr.jpg

DaiQ1js.jpg
    Ya then he fired the nanny because she was being to helpful LOL

He hired a new one tho.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    -snip-

SSwvKvr.jpg

This made me laugh loud enough to scare my cat! I don't focus on kid/babies when playing families, being more interested in children and older that are children/descendants of my main sims. I still call myself a family player, as I am, I just don't like the youngest stages, child and up for me :D I get proud watching the sims succeed in grades, skills and school.
    This pic just reminded me of my real life, where I only have one kid, but did once pass out snoring on the living room rug after a particularly long and busy day and my husband came home to that, and just laughed and watched as our kid was playing, using my sleeping, snoring, form as a racetrack/obstacle course for her toy cars. When I did wake up, I stood up to find 10 or so matchbox cars fall off me and my lil girl having a giggling fit over it.

So yup, my own giggling fit over this poor sim passed out in a room full of toddlers. made my day xD
  • Options
    Laella wrote: »
    -snip-

SSwvKvr.jpg

This made me laugh loud enough to scare my cat! I don't focus on kid/babies when playing families, being more interested in children and older that are children/descendants of my main sims. I still call myself a family player, as I am, I just don't like the youngest stages, child and up for me :D I get proud watching the sims succeed in grades, skills and school.
    This pic just reminded me of my real life, where I only have one kid, but did once pass out snoring on the living room rug after a particularly long and busy day and my husband came home to that, and just laughed and watched as our kid was playing, using my sleeping, snoring, form as a racetrack/obstacle course for her toy cars. When I did wake up, I stood up to find 10 or so matchbox cars fall off me and my lil girl having a giggling fit over it.

So yup, my own giggling fit over this poor sim passed out in a room full of toddlers. made my day xD

Heheehe. Glad it made your day. Thanks for sharing your story. :)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've been really enjoying the family play in TS4 since the implement of toddlers. I've purchased DO via origin & CL, and GT through gamedeals.com for about $20 each. I do feel a little bit more confident in this game, however I am upset that DO isn't working for me as it should :(. I'll find a work-around one day lol.

Anyway, I'll be posting family pictures soon. I'm playing one family with a single mother of two (1 toddler and 1 child). The family's lights got shut off about 2 sim days ago due to mother not having enough to pay the $500+ bill with only $32 simoleons. :D (Bills are expensive in this game! But I like it)

Extra bit: I find it absolutely hilarious when toddlers go potty and they making pooping sounds. l0l!
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    So I ended up purchasing TS4 Dine Out via Origin. The lag is SO BAD when at a restaurant it's ridiculous. I played the game straight vanilla. My Sim arrived to a restaurant at 3:33pm. She got seated at about 5:30pm. She didn't get her food until 1:45AM. I am considering returning this GP and asking for a refund if I can't find a work-a-round. I also tried the Lag-Fix mod from modthesims. Didn't seem to help.

Any pointers? Or point me to a link to something helpful.

Also, I purchased CL off gamesdeal.com two days ago. Still waiting on my code via email. Sigh. Sent them an email about this so hopefully I hear back soon.

Sigh. However, I have found great joy in family play. :) The toddlers are so freggin cute.

Obviously the problem has to be your computer for Dine Out. Never heard of this problem before.

I doubt its the entire problem,
    this bug/lag has been noted in several forums.

I'm about to try DO with the time mod and the lag-fix mod and run on 32 bit to see if that helps any.

I dont know what your computer specs are to tell you exactly what is going on but I would try the 32 bit, . Try laptop mode, windowed mode or lowering your resolution if you have a lower end computer . It will take some stress off the computer

GxhxxJt.jpg
    ZD08vaQ.jpg

32 bit does sim to work better with the sim game. Haven't tried laptop mode.
    My sims are immediately greeted and taken to their seats however they stand for about a sim hour after the host has showed them their table.
    I have to cancel their que to get them to sit down. Waiters are coming over quickly after requesting food. Waiters are bringing food more promptly. Waiters and host stand around. Lots of Sims are not being seated. I have to click the food in order to get my sim to eat. After he finishes eating, he sits there for Sim hours, unable to put down his fork even after I cancel the EAT action. He's stuck; fork in hand.

I really want this GP to work smoothly. I'm trying to pin point exactly what the deal is.

It is unfortunately due to your computer specs. Its under requirements. You have a dual core processor and the game requires a quad core i5 on desktop. Laptop you need an even better i7 quad core because laptop hardware is weaker than desktop. Do to this game's programing it is very cpu heavy ( this should not be happening) . You also have an integrated graphics card and the game requires a dedicated graphics card that runs on it's own ram. Your computer needs recommended requirements to survive third game. The game requires a mid level gaming desktop or higher end gaming laptop to survive. As the game adds more and more, it becomes more demanding. This last patch did a lot of computers in to where the game will no longer play or not play well. You cant upgrade laptop hardware your stuck with the specs you buy. I feel horrible every time I have to say this but you will need another computer to survive this game. I'm going to feel even worse saying this when the vampires get added. This same situation happened with the sims 3. I also had a lower end computer in the beginning that could no longer run the game due to a patch

Not to beat a dead horse, but wasn't one of the reasons given for no open world - among other things - was because they wanted it to run on older pcs? So say if I still had my pc from 2008 which I was still playing Sims 3 (with all EPs and SPs up to that point) on until 2013 when my hard drive went out, it wouldn't have been able to run Sims 4?

Was that an EA excuse or did players make that excuse? I see a lot of players state the game was made to run on lower end computer but that is not true. They were making TS4 while making TS3. Older hardware was around then so thats is what wound up as the minimum requirements on the box. Minimum requirements are for base game only , no eps, pack, patches etc. I have no idea if your older computer would have survived TS4. Tech has moved on since they printed those old specs. Most people don't own those old specs and they are not made anymore. TS4 recommended requirements has always been a mid range gaming desktop. The same requirements to run the whole TS3 though TS4 is not a complete game

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
    PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
    MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 15 GB of Hard Drive space

Well my old pc was a mid range gamers. *sniff* I really miss that one, maybe because my mom bought it for me. lol Don't get me wrong, I love my current one too. I guess just the memories and hours of enjoyment it brought me.

Not sure, but I remember reading that it was supposed to be able to run on older computers. And they did start working on the game back in 2010, so that has always left me scratching my head as to why they didn't fix and give us a fully working open world. It was a huge oversight. I just hope we get it back if/when we get Sims 5.

But to get back on topic. My toddler just leveled up her walking skill to 4, and she was zooming all over the place. I was in tears watching her. I have decided to nickname her Mini Flash. I just love how amazing these toddlers are. Just so awesome!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    My Sims 3 game still won't load into any world. It will in vanilla but not with all my cc. I miss those toddlers greatly. But I also refuse to give up all my cc. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. *sobs*
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I've been really enjoying the family play in TS4 since the implement of toddlers. I've purchased DO via origin & CL, and GT through gamedeals.com for about $20 each. I do feel a little bit more confident in this game, however I am upset that DO isn't working for me as it should :(. I'll find a work-around one day lol.

Anyway, I'll be posting family pictures soon. I'm playing one family with a single mother of two (1 toddler and 1 child). The family's lights got shut off about 2 sim days ago due to mother not having enough to pay the $500+ bill with only $32 simoleons. :D (Bills are expensive in this game! But I like it)

Extra bit: I find it absolutely hilarious when toddlers go potty and they making pooping sounds. l0l!

Gosh, those bills right? I put one of my sims into a house from the library that maxis had made and the bills were $4k PLUS! A week! Lol... she moved into an apartment instead.

--T
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @blewis823 cute toddlers. I have a tie-dyed top like that in green :)

@DeKay Love day three. Almost spit out my coffee.

@Haiden Lol your very late

@GoldenBuffy . Ill pm you and explain more. Ill also try to help you get TS3 working. This way we keep this thread posting toddlers and not filled with tech.
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13: Hahaha, careful there!
    x3vZicL.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top