Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    I can't believe how attached I am to a certain family :)
    I was full planning on using my Rossed family as my new 10G, but because I always have to have a Wolkenstein family in my game (since that was my first ever created Sims2 family), I decided to recreate my original Sims2 family.
    And now I can't stop playing them :):)

And it such a nice family to play with :) Father George is a scientist, Verona is a housemom, teen Jessie is athletic and now almost a grown up and will have a relationship with the much older Paolo Rocca (who has four kids with different woman), kid Michael who is a nerd and toddler George jr, who is a wild one.
    And there will be a fifth one, because George got abducted by aliens :P (I missed it, because I had the game running while going to the toilet) But George is visibly pregnant :) So yess, my first alien baby will be coming soon :):)

George and Verona
    15-1-17_19-54-50.png

Verona telling the family that will be another baby <3
    15-1-17_20-05-08.png

16-1-17_18-17-21.png
    16-1-17_18-33-06.png
    16-1-17_18-08-16.png

George jr. is born
    16-1-17_18-56-48.png

Cute little toddler George jr. with Verona
    21-1-17_17-47-54.png

Bath time with daddy.
    21-1-17_19-19-02.png

Playing with Jessie
    22-1-17_19-48-04.png

George is getting a little "fat"
    22-1-17_20-08-18.png

Happy Simming

xx Nicole

Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited January 2017
    A few pictures of a family meal :smile:

16143501_1872557566360260_2960600090206573368_o.jpg?oh=faae6c96daf9114270504a3f495bbd98&oe=58D6EC12
    Did you velcro their bottoms to the chairs? :D You can guarantee that if I want a family mealtime screenie someone finishes eating and ups and leaves before the last one has sat down with their dish.

@DeKay have been loving your pictures! It almost makes me want to do the challenge too, but I would like to play some toddlers of different ages so that I can see their different development skills. Maybe I will start with a couple and add more in as I go along.

@ArielleSaire cute pics! It's great that you are enjoying the toddlers.
    @angl2005151 , love your pics too.

@sparkfairy1 I hope you are feeling better now, my lovely *hugs*

Here's a quick pic from my current orphanage game, Carlotta is the oldest in the orphanage and has to miss school every day as she gets left to mind the toddlers while the caretaker is off down the bar feeding her gambling addiction. She doesn't have a tv or any books, so she reads the paper for entertainment.
    018.jpg?dl=0
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2017
    I would really like to see new-borns being able to travel in strollers and having baths and proper baby changers and baby intercoms

new-borns in freeplay are better
    just having that one items for everything sucks
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @elanorbreton After taking these pictures I did have a few Sims who where the visitors getting up. The playable Sims had free will off so they couldn't leave but the guests would still try and talk to them so in the end there was some getting up and being told to sit down again :blush:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Anyway I have sent some Sims to Isla Paradiso where I will have some future videos from.

So far they have checked into this hotel:

16251861_1873202462962437_5296408911169967582_o.jpg?oh=4c03a4104c307a7a2e1ac694e798b3c4&oe=59068FC1
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Loving all the pictures and stories. Especially the caretaker one, it is so funny!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @ArielleSaire LOVE your family! :heart:
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @bythedreadwolf OMG ridiculously adorable! We really need a toddler SP.
  • Options
    DanitsiaDanitsia Posts: 12 New Member
    Personally I would like to see them add the ability for LAN multiplayer --- not online, but old school LAN. My family and I would love to play The Sims together but cannot. :(
  • Options
    DanitsiaDanitsia Posts: 12 New Member
    And babies need to do more than just sit in a bassinet. Also Daycare Teacher should be a career --- as well as School Teacher. I'd like to see the "Work" expansion fleshed out more.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Anyway I have sent some Sims to Isla Paradiso where I will have some future videos from.

So far they have checked into this hotel:

16251861_1873202462962437_5296408911169967582_o.jpg?oh=4c03a4104c307a7a2e1ac694e798b3c4&oe=59068FC1

@king_of_simcity7 Did you use Traveler mod so it'll be like they are on vacation?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2017
    @junceda wrote: »

Plus I have the feeling, may be I am an evil person for that, that "we have won", they (EA) said (mostly with their silence) that toddlers were difficult to do and out of "their visión", they (TS4 lovers) said that the game was perfect without them because they were useless and a burden, well, here they are, and we, those who kept on asking for them, family players who kept on whiming and complainning have won! let´s cheer up!

TS4 is now a better game, we simmers are to congratulate for this!

I send you all my love!

I have to add that it wasn't a case of "we won". @SimGuruNinja stated that Toddlers were going to come regardless of the demand.

Toddlers have been in the game files sine launch, and people have found more and more assests as time went by. They even found Toddler clothes in the files back in early 2015.

They also never said anything about Toddlers in The Sims 4. You're using words that were said by forum members, not the developers :)

And I don't believe anyone stated The Sims 4 was "perfect" without Toddlers, it's more a case of that for people who loved the Sims 4 obviously were't affected by the loss of Toddlers, or they wouldn't have loved it. Lol.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    loved the toddlers at the park @DeKay

Love the cc @bythedreadwolf I cant wait to see more toddler items.

lovely hotel @king_of_simcity7

@elanorbreton poor Carlotta, I hope her lot gets better in life soon.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @DeKay

Awesome last day. I think you should continue to play them. They are too cute
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    @DeKay

Maybe I will from time to time. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    @DeKay

You should make them all vampires LOL
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Plus I have the feeling, may be I am an evil person for that, that "we have won", they (EA) said (mostly with their silence) that toddlers were difficult to do and out of "their visión", they (TS4 lovers) said that the game was perfect without them because they were useless and a burden, well, here they are, and we, those who kept on asking for them, family players who kept on whiming and complainning have won! let´s cheer up!

I send you all my love!

I have to add that it wasn't a case of "we won". @SimGuruNinja stated that Toddlers were going to come regardless of the demand.

Toddlers have been in the game files sine launch, and people have found more and more assests as time went by. They even found Toddler clothes in the files back in early 2015.

They also never said anything about Toddlers in The Sims 4. You're using words that were said by forum members, not the developers :)

And I don't believe anyone stated The Sims 4 was "perfect" without Toddlers, it's more a case of that for people who loved the Sims 4 obviously were't affected by the loss of Toddlers, or they wouldn't have loved it. Lol.

There was a possibility toddlers could have come in a paid GP or EP. You can bet that if EA could've got away with charging for them they would have becuase that is the nature of business. If customers are willing to pay for something, you charge for it.

However, it was quite clear that simmers would never accept this due to the amount of fans complaining and complaining and complaining. A message was sent that we would not accept anything other than a free update. A message was sent that toddlers needed to return to the game; that their absence at launch was unacceptable and that if toddlers ever did return to the game, the wait had better have been worth it. The fans on this forum applied constant pressure.

Toddlers could have been stripped down to the bare essentials like the baby or teen lifestage as there is precedent in The Sims 4 for that. The gurus did not do that. They listened and acted on feedback given on these forums:

Q: How much work was done with the community to make sure the team met expectations?

JE: The team made a real effort to look back at previous threads on The Sims 4 forums to hunt and search for players posting good feedback on things they wanted to see in The Sims 4. Family players of course was a main focus but we also tried to listen to other player feedback about wanting a more challenging The Sims 4 experience and we wondered how we could get our toddlers to fulfill both of these needs, and still make it so players who wanted nothing to do with toddlers were not forced into playing with them.

https://ea.com/en-gb/news/concept-to-completion-sims-4-toddlers

The gurus quite clearly state in the interview linked that feedback from the threads on this forum and family players were a huge influence.

I think "We won!" is a fair statement as family players have won: they not only got the toddlers, but got them with most of the features they asked for. How many simmers can say that? Every feature that has come to this game so far has been a compromise. Toddlers on their return broke this trend and vampires look set to do the same.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    @DeKay

You should make them all vampires LOL

I don't think toddlers can turn to vampires. They only become one when they are a teen? I think?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I send you all my love!

Really?

"Fun day for us, but equally important... thank YOU! Your feedback, your persistence, and your passion for Sims helped make today possible."

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/819710099555897344

Notice I actually provided a link to a source for my information.
  • Options
    @DeKay You could take them into cas and change them if they have vampire parents maybe? They would not get their powers until they are teens. Im not sure if they can still do little tings while being a toddler. You would have to explore and test things out.

@blueturtleotter best not to answer and let jackjack go debate elsewhere so @sparkfairy1 does not get upset about having her thread derailed. Keep this thread on track with happy Toddler pictures.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @DeKay You could take them into cas and change them if they have vampire parents maybe? They would not get their powers until they are teens. Im not sure if they can still do little tings while being a toddler. You would have to explore and test things out.

@blueturtleotter best not to answer and let jackjack go debate elsewhere so @sparkfairy1 does not get upset about having her thread derailed. Keep this thread on track with happy Toddler pictures.

Yeah, shouldn't have replied to that poster. I apologise for derailing this thread.
  • Options

[...]

Hmm, yeah maybe I could.
    x3vZicL.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top