Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    @DeKay You could take them into cas and change them if they have vampire parents maybe? They would not get their powers until they are teens. Im not sure if they can still do little tings while being a toddler. You would have to explore and test things out.

[...]

Hmm, yeah maybe I could.

They added a new world. There seems to be some cool build items that come with the vamps.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    @DeKay You could take them into cas and change them if they have vampire parents maybe? They would not get their powers until they are teens. Im not sure if they can still do little tings while being a toddler. You would have to explore and test things out.

[...]

Hmm, yeah maybe I could.

They added a new world. There seems to be some cool build items that come with the vamps.

Yes, I'm very excited about the new world and the build mode stuff. :D Maybe I can make a vamp family and make them live there. :naughty:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I'm ambivalent about the vampires themselves, (I cannot type today, 4 typos in 5 words and two I then messed up further while correcting) but I am very interested in the build/buy stuff. Will definitely circle around this pack a bit and check some reviews. Want an Addams family in my game!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Thrippa wrote: »
    I'm ambivalent about the vampires themselves, (I cannot type today, 4 typos in 5 words and two I then messed up further while correcting) but I am very interested in the build/buy stuff. Will definitely circle around this pack a bit and check some reviews. Want an Addams family in my game!

I'm the same. I'm not a fan of supernaturals and the CAS items don't interest me at all, but the build/buy and world look awesome.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Hey guys I thought I would post a few pics :)
    This is Charlie, my successor from my first generation
    xGHYtSX.png
    This is his wife Reagan
    HVAWrSN.png
    This is their first born Charles having fun with Charlie
    AESBtxS.png
    Charlie gets abducted (finally)
    zdUXZYh.png
    Charles grew up just before Charlie gave birth. Charles looks like an asian alien, pretty good looking one at that. Lets hope for the same when hes a teen.
    8jhyNud.png

Just a question, is there a way I can relate my new alien baby to Reagan? When I try in CAS I can edit everyone elses relationship except the new baby and Reagan.
  • Options
    ArielleSaireArielleSaire Posts: 59 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    @ArielleSaire LOVE your family! :heart:

Thank you :smiley:
    Animated_sims_plumbbob_zpsf02263fe.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Hey guys I thought I would post a few pics :)
    Charles grew up just before Charlie gave birth. Charles looks like an asian alien, pretty good looking one at that. Lets hope for the same when hes a teen.
    8jhyNud.png

Just a question, is there a way I can relate my new alien baby to Reagan? When I try in CAS I can edit everyone elses relationship except the new baby and Reagan.

With that hair and the glasses, he looks like an asian alien Harry Potter. :p
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    It's the last day of the challenge! I thought it will be cool to bring them to the park for a little party.

Attack of the Tots:
    WH8MqkS.jpg

Running around the park naked is a fun thing to do, right? XD
    08YZoxb.jpg

Also, lil Dylan is making new friends...? Both of them are stinking. Stinky buddies. :D
    d7YnAsq.jpg
    p9IkXqH.jpg

"You have green gas coming out of your arms..."
    66fLojG.jpg

"Speak for yourself, kid."
    xfVwrwK.jpg

Then, he started yelling at Dylan. :(
    MT3K5j8.jpg

Aw, don't cry, Dylan!
    zUhobtQ.jpg

Joshua is just like, ".... Well this is awkward..." :D
    d2nNJ5t.jpg

"If you make fun of me one more time, I'll punch you!"
    8buRzWk.jpg

Sigh, typically Dylan making enemies... What's new? :joy:
    39Khbvr.jpg

OMG they sit on sofas and eat food with grandpa. I AM THRU!!!! *throws shoe at Sims 4 Toddler Team* <3<3<3
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    cU5gN3R.png

Pp2flk6.png

R5fMByu.png

5dBjxXO.png

Just love them
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2017
    Do you guys find that the shorter life span gives you enough time to max out your toddlers?
    Post edited by blueturtleotter on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hey folks! Just wanted to pop in to say that I moved this back to Feedback (not sure why it was moved to GD). I'm happy you are all enjoying toddlers and please do continue giving feedback about family play you feel is missing or can be improved upon - even for the little tykes.

Happy Wednesday!
    I was sad for a moment there, I thought it had been closed down! Happy Wednesday @SimGuruDrake - I see you have the hooded pj on your toddler avi, can you tell us why that outfit gives them no hair? Kind of spoils it :(

I am loving the little tykes, though, they have been done really well <3

I hope we can get more outfits, furnishings etc for them - the sooner the better lol.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Hey folks! Just wanted to pop in to say that I moved this back to Feedback (not sure why it was moved to GD). I'm happy you are all enjoying toddlers and please do continue giving feedback about family play you feel is missing or can be improved upon - even for the little tykes.

Happy Wednesday!
    I was sad for a moment there, I thought it had been closed down! Happy Wednesday @SimGuruDrake - I see you have the hooded pj on your toddler avi, can you tell us why that outfit gives them no hair? Kind of spoils it :(

I am loving the little tykes, though, they have been done really well <3

I hope we can get more outfits, furnishings etc for them - the sooner the better lol.

That onesie would be super cute if you could see the hair as well :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Thanks for moving back to Feedback :smile: I felt that this thread was getting buried too quickly in the TS4 GD and some players kept finding it hard to keep track of it
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Played the Sims 4 for a little while to check it out after buying Sims 4 City Living and Dine Out and downloading them. There was one problem and it was that I could save but was unable to exit the game. I was able to exit to the Menu and had some repairs to a couple of the game packs done, Still needs to test to see if I can save and exit the Sims 4 normally.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    @AlwaysTheSun Do you happen to remember where you got that cc highchair? I've been looking for some good toddler cc

• Options
    edited January 2017
    a7e1ef1eb7.png
    My new Collins family, Pete, Caroline, and their teenage daughter Emma (middle). Caroline is currently pregnant with a baby girl, but she has a dirty little secret that her husband and daughter don't know yet...she had a one night stand with Don Lothario and he's the baby's dad! I originally gave Pete the uncommitted trait but he seems very devoted to his family despite having that trait, so when Caroline started flirting with Don (automatically, I didn't command her to do it) I just went along with it.

Caroline and Pete are both quite pale and in my previous games all of Don's kids turned out very dark like him, so I'm sure it won't take long for Pete to get suspicious once the baby is born! Poor Pete, he's such a great husband and dad :(
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    Played the Sims 4 for a little while to check it out after buying Sims 4 City Living and Dine Out and downloading them. There was one problem and it was that I could save but was unable to exit the game. I was able to exit to the Menu and had some repairs to a couple of the game packs done, Still needs to test to see if I can save and exit the Sims 4 normally.

Update; Everything now is working for the Sims 4,played its twice to be sure that's fix.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @junceda wrote: »

Plus I have the feeling, may be I am an evil person for that, that "we have won", they (EA) said (mostly with their silence) that toddlers were difficult to do and out of "their visión", they (TS4 lovers) said that the game was perfect without them because they were useless and a burden, well, here they are, and we, those who kept on asking for them, family players who kept on whiming and complainning have won! let´s cheer up!

TS4 is now a better game, we simmers are to congratulate for this!

I send you all my love!

I have to add that it wasn't a case of "we won". @SimGuruNinja stated that Toddlers were going to come regardless of the demand.

Toddlers have been in the game files sine launch, and people have found more and more assests as time went by. They even found Toddler clothes in the files back in early 2015.

They also never said anything about Toddlers in The Sims 4. You're using words that were said by forum members, not the developers :)

And I don't believe anyone stated The Sims 4 was "perfect" without Toddlers, it's more a case of that for people who loved the Sims 4 obviously were't affected by the loss of Toddlers, or they wouldn't have loved it. Lol. [/quo

Agree.

They never said anything about toddler coming back for like 16 months from launch.

The was one of the points a lot of family players were upset about.

Through I agreement they did a brilliant job with them and family players will most likely be happy.

Though just because they Made them don't make the game petect for everybody.

City living for example lol.

Now if they bring us

Proper apartments
    Create a style
    Story progression
    World tool
    Bigger hoods
    Properly filled expansion packs

Then yeah it could be perfect

Toddlers again are a great start EA ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I'm glad to see this thread back in its "proper" place.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    I got OR at the low price sale when I got Sims 4, but never played enough to actually try it out before losing interest in the game. So a few nights ago, Jason had an announcement for the Tryit family: "We're going on vacation!"

01-19-17_10-59-37nbspAM.png

On arrival, Julila went off to explore, and Jason went to buy supplies, so Julie stayed to hold down a nice campsite and teach John a few new words, like 'bear', and 'poison ivy'.

01-25-17_10-18-56nbspAM.png

After lunch Jason put up the tent and took a nap, while the rest of the family lingered around the table.

01-26-17_11-33-13nbspAM.png

After dinner, I had to find out how to add buy items to a lot in play, because toddlers can't use either the restrooms to potty or the tent to sleep. John now has a potty and the log-framed bathtub under one patch of trees, and a toddler bed beside the main tent. The potty's actually not too bad - most of the toddlers I've know tend to not need to go until they NEED-TO-GO-NOW! - so no time to hike across the campsite to the public rooms. But the tent really ought to be set equivalent to a toddler bed as well as a regular one, and the shower adapted to 'wash toddler' as well.

Overall, it's a very pretty expansion. I'd like to see a few other vacation worlds, perhaps with a language skill (oversimplified into one, even if there are several lauguages), and lot traits to include 'Simlish spoken here' - most people will speak Simlish - and No Sprechen Francais - most sims speak 'foreign' and Sims will need at least 3 language points to (mis)communicate and occasionally get bizarre results, and 7-8 to communicate well.
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Danitsia wrote: »
    Personally I would like to see them add the ability for LAN multiplayer --- not online, but old school LAN. My family and I would love to play The Sims together but cannot. :(

I always wanted a feature like that. Where your friend could control another sim in the same house. :)
  • Options
    b8752bc165.png
    Sarah is such a fussy girl! Caroline's husband Pete still doesn't know that Don Lothario is Sarah's real father.

b885e4e85e.png
    With her parents distracted by the joys and hardships of raising a fussy toddler, teenager Emma has had time to get up to her own...ahem..."things".

b897fea125.png
    Pete, Emma's dad, wouldn't be best pleased if he knew about Emma's boyfriend, Sergio.

b8e2c3197a.png
    I adore Sarah, she is a little princess and is the apple of Pete's eye. <3 I was expecting her to turn out tanned like her biological father, Don, but she's surprisingly pale, so I'm not sure how I'm going to have Pete find out about Caroline's liaison with Don. I'm debating whether to have Caroline take the secret to the grave. Don doesn't want to be in his daughters life so maybe the past should just be left untouched, but secrets do have a way of coming out!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    b8752bc165.png
    Sarah is such a fussy girl! Caroline's husband Pete still doesn't know that Don Lothario is Sarah's real father.

b885e4e85e.png
    With her parents distracted by the joys and hardships of raising a fussy toddler, teenager Emma has had time to get up to her own...ahem..."things".

b897fea125.png
    Pete, Emma's dad, wouldn't be best pleased if he knew about Emma's boyfriend, Sergio.

b8e2c3197a.png
    I adore Sarah, she is a little princess and is the apple of Pete's eye. <3 I was expecting her to turn out tanned like her biological father, Don, but she's surprisingly pale, so I'm not sure how I'm going to have Pete find out about Caroline's liaison with Don. I'm debating whether to have Caroline take the secret to the grave. Don doesn't want to be in his daughters life so maybe the past should just be left untouched, but secrets do have a way of coming out!

Great pictures, it's like an episode of Pretty Little Liars or something with all the secrets!! Lol. Shocking that the child looks more like Pete than Don. Most of his children in my game come out tanned too.

--T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    b8752bc165.png

b885e4e85e.png

b897fea125.png

b8e2c3197a.png

Great pictures, it's like an episode of Pretty Little Liars or something with all the secrets!! Lol. Shocking that the child looks more like Pete than Don. Most of his children in my game come out tanned too.

--T

Yeah, when she was first born I was really confused at how she had the pale skin. I began to think that Pete and Caroline must have tried for a baby before she got with Don, but when I double checked the family tree it did show that she was indeed Dons. I'm thinking Dons features will show up more when she gets older, with the long face and biggish nose.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top