Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    missmani09 wrote: »
    So I ended up purchasing TS4 Dine Out via Origin. The lag is SO BAD when at a restaurant it's ridiculous. I played the game straight vanilla. My Sim arrived to a restaurant at 3:33pm. She got seated at about 5:30pm. She didn't get her food until 1:45AM. I am considering returning this GP and asking for a refund if I can't find a work-a-round. I also tried the Lag-Fix mod from modthesims. Didn't seem to help.

Any pointers? Or point me to a link to something helpful.

Also, I purchased CL off gamesdeal.com two days ago. Still waiting on my code via email. Sigh. Sent them an email about this so hopefully I hear back soon.

Sigh. However, I have found great joy in family play. :) The toddlers are so freggin cute.

Obviously the problem has to be your computer for Dine Out. Never heard of this problem before.

I doubt its the entire problem,
    this bug/lag has been noted in several forums.

I'm about to try DO with the time mod and the lag-fix mod and run on 32 bit to see if that helps any.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    So I ended up purchasing TS4 Dine Out via Origin. The lag is SO BAD when at a restaurant it's ridiculous. I played the game straight vanilla. My Sim arrived to a restaurant at 3:33pm. She got seated at about 5:30pm. She didn't get her food until 1:45AM. I am considering returning this GP and asking for a refund if I can't find a work-a-round. I also tried the Lag-Fix mod from modthesims. Didn't seem to help.

Also, I purchased CL off gamesdeal.com two days ago. Still waiting on my code via email. Sigh. Sent them an email about this so hopefully I hear back soon.

Sigh. However, I have found great joy in family play. :) The toddlers are so freggin cute.

Obviously the problem has to be your computer for Dine Out. Never heard of this problem before.

I'm about to try DO with the time mod and the lag-fix mod and run on 32 bit to see if that helps any.

I dont know what your computer specs are to tell you exactly what is going on but I would try the 32 bit, . Try laptop mode, windowed mode or lowering your resolution if you have a lower end computer . It will take some stress off the computer
  • Options

I dont know what your computer specs are to tell you exactly what is going on but I would try the 32 bit, . Try laptop mode, windowed mode or lowering your resolution if you have a lower end computer . It will take some stress off the computer

GxhxxJt.jpg
    ZD08vaQ.jpg

32 bit does sim to work better with the sim game. Haven't tried laptop mode.
    My sims are immediately greeted and taken to their seats however they stand for about a sim hour after the host has showed them their table.
    I have to cancel their que to get them to sit down. Waiters are coming over quickly after requesting food. Waiters are bringing food more promptly. Waiters and host stand around. Lots of Sims are not being seated. I have to click the food in order to get my sim to eat. After he finishes eating, he sits there for Sim hours, unable to put down his fork even after I cancel the EAT action. He's stuck; fork in hand.

I really want this GP to work smoothly. I'm trying to pin point exactly what the deal is.

• Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

The lag fix mod is now outdated so that won't work for you. If you need any help with the time mod let me know. It can be modified to a speed that you prefer. I have mine set to 75. The sim default time is 25, so at 75 time runs about a third as fast. In order to change it check the 8th line and change it to what you prefer. The line you will look for and change is this:

time = 75 #modify this value to change the time speed. 25 = default ; 1000 = real time

• Options
    Thanks guys,

I've tried lowest resolution, windowed mode, laptop mode, lowering settings...still laggy.
    took all my mods out of the folder, even started a new save game. Still laggy; sim waited several sim hours for food to be delivered.
    Sigh, I give up today. I did try the time mod. I really like it! Fees like real time. And I do usually use MC Commander

Hopefully the Lag-fix mod will be updated :(
  • Options
    VondiitaVondiita Posts: 198 Member
    Mendota wrote: »

The lag fix mod is now outdated so that won't work for you. If you need any help with the time mod let me know. It can be modified to a speed that you prefer. I have mine set to 75. The sim default time is 25, so at 75 time runs about a third as fast. In order to change it check the 8th line and change it to what you prefer. The line you will look for and change is this:

time = 75 #modify this value to change the time speed. 25 = default ; 1000 = real time

About that time mod, are you experiencing any changes in the internal timer? You know, going to work, school, times where a certain lot is more active i.e a nightclub, that kind of stuff.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Vondiita wrote: »

About that time mod, are you experiencing any changes in the internal timer? You know, going to work, school, times where a certain lot is more active i.e a nightclub, that kind of stuff.

No, at 75 things run right on time as far as going to work school, community lots etc. The issues that you will notice are that they will shower and do certain activities at the same sim minutes. It will seem long because the clock is slowed down. So if a shower takes a half hour sim time it will still take a half hour, but it will seem longer. I just cancel out things like showers and hand washing half way through. I also use the UI mod that alters needs.
  • Options
    VondiitaVondiita Posts: 198 Member

No, at 75 things run right on time as far as going to work school, community lots etc. The issues that you will notice are that they will shower and do certain activities at the same sim minutes. It will seem long because the clock is slowed down. So if a shower takes a half hour sim time it will still take a half hour, but it will seem longer. I just cancel out things like showers and hand washing half way through. I also use the UI mod that alters needs.

Oh those issues seem manageable. Apologies if you already mentioned the mod but I only scrolled back a couple pages, what is the mod we're talking about? Is it MC Command Center? I'd love to use this.
  • Options

Oh those issues seem manageable. Apologies if you already mentioned the mod but I only scrolled back a couple pages, what is the mod we're talking about? Is it MC Command Center? I'd love to use this.

http://modthesims.info/d/551680

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Today was a good, toddler-filled day.

Here is the family hanging out together:

aE8zypM.png

And here are the twins, taking a nap:

Eju082h.png

:heart:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2017
    Seeing the little toddlers tucked up in those beds always makes me think of bread loaves, I don't know why :D
    I love those little day beds. I know some people wished for cribs, and options for that would have been nice too but I like those.

I'm always someone who let my TS2 toddlers sleep on pet beds if they wanted.
    *cough*

Edited spelling from keyboard blindness due to not wearing specs.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Thanks guys,

I've tried lowest resolution, windowed mode, laptop mode, lowering settings...still laggy.
    took all my mods out of the folder, even started a new save game. Still laggy; sim waited several sim hours for food to be delivered.
    Sigh, I give up today. I did try the time mod. I really like it! Fees like real time. And I do usually use MC Commander

Hopefully the Lag-fix mod will be updated :(

@missmani09 Are you using the premade restaurant from the library? The white fancy one..I forget the name... If that's the restaurant you're having problems with, it also happens to me..for some reason that particular building causes my game to lag horribly, but when I go to a different restaurant, it works fine.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Seeing the little toddlers tucked up in those beds always makes me think of bread loaves, I don't know why :D
    I love those little day beds. I know some people wished for cribs, and options for that would have been nice too but I like those.

I'm always someone who let my TS2 toddlers sleep on pet beds if they wanted.
    *cough*

Edited spelling from keyboard blindness due to not wearing specs.
    LOL at bread loaves.

But yeah, those beds were a great choice, IMO. So adorable. All the miniature stuff is just too cute.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    edited January 2017

GxhxxJt.jpg
    ZD08vaQ.jpg

My sims are immediately greeted and taken to their seats however they stand for about a sim hour after the host has showed them their table.
    I have to cancel their que to get them to sit down. Waiters are coming over quickly after requesting food. Waiters are bringing food more promptly. Waiters and host stand around. Lots of Sims are not being seated. I have to click the food in order to get my sim to eat. After he finishes eating, he sits there for Sim hours, unable to put down his fork even after I cancel the EAT action. He's stuck; fork in hand.

I really want this GP to work smoothly. I'm trying to pin point exactly what the deal is.

It is unfortunately due to your computer specs. Its under requirements. You have a dual core processor and the game requires a quad core i5 on desktop. Laptop you need an even better i7 quad core because laptop hardware is weaker than desktop. Do to this game's programing it is very cpu heavy ( this should not be happening) . You also have an integrated graphics card and the game requires a dedicated graphics card that runs on it's own ram. Your computer needs recommended requirements to survive third game. The game requires a mid level gaming desktop or higher end gaming laptop to survive. As the game adds more and more, it becomes more demanding. This last patch did a lot of computers in to where the game will no longer play or not play well. You cant upgrade laptop hardware your stuck with the specs you buy. I feel horrible every time I have to say this but you will need another computer to survive this game. I'm going to feel even worse saying this when the vampires get added. This same situation happened with the sims 3. I also had a lower end computer in the beginning that could no longer run the game due to a patch
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

GxhxxJt.jpg
    ZD08vaQ.jpg

It is unfortunately due to your computer specs. Its under requirements. You have a dual core processor and the game requires a quad core i5 on desktop. Laptop you need an even better i7 quad core because laptop hardware is weaker than desktop. Do to this game's programing it is very cpu heavy ( this should not be happening) . You also have an integrated graphics card and the game requires a dedicated graphics card that runs on it's own ram. Your computer needs recommended requirements to survive third game. The game requires a mid level gaming desktop or higher end gaming laptop to survive. As the game adds more and more, it becomes more demanding. This last patch did a lot of computers in to where the game will no longer play or not play well. You cant upgrade laptop hardware your stuck with the specs you buy. I feel horrible every time I have to say this but you will need another computer to survive this game. I'm going to feel even worse saying this when the vampires get added. This same situation happened with the sims 3. I also had a lower end computer in the beginning that could no longer run the game due to a patch

Not to beat a dead horse, but wasn't one of the reasons given for no open world - among other things - was because they wanted it to run on older pcs? So say if I still had my pc from 2008 which I was still playing Sims 3 (with all EPs and SPs up to that point) on until 2013 when my hard drive went out, it wouldn't have been able to run Sims 4?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options

GxhxxJt.jpg
    ZD08vaQ.jpg

Not to beat a dead horse, but wasn't one of the reasons given for no open world - among other things - was because they wanted it to run on older pcs? So say if I still had my pc from 2008 which I was still playing Sims 3 (with all EPs and SPs up to that point) on until 2013 when my hard drive went out, it wouldn't have been able to run Sims 4?

Was that an EA excuse or did players make that excuse? I see a lot of players state the game was made to run on lower end computer but that is not true. They were making TS4 while making TS3. Older hardware was around then so thats is what wound up as the minimum requirements on the box. Minimum requirements are for base game only , no eps, pack, patches etc. I have no idea if your older computer would have survived TS4. Tech has moved on since they printed those old specs. Most people don't own those old specs and they are not made anymore. TS4 recommended requirements has always been a mid range gaming desktop. The same requirements to run the whole TS3 though TS4 is not a complete game

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
    PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
    MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 15 GB of Hard Drive space
  • Options
    @Dekay Im glad you decided to play toddlers and join @sparkfairy1 Thread. I love it . Dylan makes a cute toddler. I will enjoy seeing you do this challenge since you skimped out on sims 1 and 2's potential :p Are you posting this in screenshots too? You should
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited January 2017

GxhxxJt.jpg
    ZD08vaQ.jpg

They've said it was mainly because multitasking raised the performance bar.
    Loading screens: this was done primarily to accomodate multitasking. We build a highly complex graph of all the objects in the world and their connectivity (you can see our GDC talk about this online). Doing searches over this graph is computationally-intensive and proportional to the size of the graph. This is one of the main reasons that you cannot go to your neighbor's house without a loading screen - we couldn't afford to have their entire house and your entire house loaded at once. Keep in mind that people can create some huge houses with dozens and dozens of chairs and tables and stuff like that which all involve a bunch of nodes (different slot types for carryables, etc.).
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »

GxhxxJt.jpg
    ZD08vaQ.jpg

Loading screens: this was done primarily to accomodate multitasking. We build a highly complex graph of all the objects in the world and their connectivity (you can see our GDC talk about this online). Doing searches over this graph is computationally-intensive and proportional to the size of the graph. This is one of the main reasons that you cannot go to your neighbor's house without a loading screen - we couldn't afford to have their entire house and your entire house loaded at once. Keep in mind that people can create some huge houses with dozens and dozens of chairs and tables and stuff like that which all involve a bunch of nodes (different slot types for carryables, etc.).

This is possible but TS3 does have some multi tasking. You can use the sims store tablet to listen and gain skills while also learning a physical skill. They can all talk while watching TV. They can all talk while eating, still talk while playing a game. etc. All while still learning a skill on the tablet. They are able to do 3 things at once.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Dekay Im glad you decided to play toddlers and join sparkfairy1 Thread. I love it . Dylan makes a cute toddler. I will enjoy seeing you do this challenge since you skimped out on sims 1 and 2's potential :p Are you posting this in screenshots too? You should

Hey! I did not skimp on TS1's potential! I'll let you know that! :D I used to play it from 8am til 5pm during my school holidays cuz I got no life. I still have no life...

I'm not posting it in the Fav Screenshot thread cuz I have another separate story there and don't want to confuse people. :tongue:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

GxhxxJt.jpg
    ZD08vaQ.jpg

This is possible but TS3 does have some multi tasking. You can use the sims store tablet to listen and gain skills while also learning a physical skill. They can all talk while watching TV. They can all talk while eating, still talk while playing a game. etc. All while still learning a skill on the tablet. They are able to do 3 things at once.

Not in the same way as TS4. You can read the GDC talk about it if you want more details.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    @Dekay Im glad you decided to play toddlers and join sparkfairy1 Thread. I love it . Dylan makes a cute toddler. I will enjoy seeing you do this challenge since you skimped out on sims 1 and 2's potential :p Are you posting this in screenshots too? You should

Hey! I did not skimp on TS1's potential! I'll let you know that! :D I used to play it from 8am til 5pm during my school holidays cuz I got no life. I still have no life...

I'm not posting it in the Fav Screenshot thread cuz I have another separate story there and don't want to confuse people. :tongue:

Ok you skimped on 2 (cough) You will not confuse people. Im sure they can tell the difference between adult Dylan and toddler Dylan. EA did make the toddlers much shorter than the adults. :p I could understand people confusing Adult and teen Dylan. Now if only EA would make this issue a height difference.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Ok you skimped on 2 (cough) You will not confuse people. Im sure they can tell the difference between adult Dylan and toddler Dylan. EA did make the toddlers much shorter than the adults. :p I could understand people confusing Adult and teen Dylan. Now if only EA would make this issue a height difference.

Hahahaa. LOL, you're funny. I meant they might get confused with the story line. There's already other simmers posting there too. There will be too many things going on, it will be messy. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

GxhxxJt.jpg
    ZD08vaQ.jpg

Not in the same way as TS4. You can read the GDC talk about it if you want more details.

The games are programed differently and on a different game engine. I was just saying that TS3 has some multi tasking while having an open world. With TS4 I don't know that multitasking is the reason for not having open world or the game's engine might have something more to do with it. We have tech people in this forum that know more than me who say the game's engine is much more limited than TS3's engine.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top