Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    A big hello to all and a big thank you to all of you who had the courage to stick it out long term. Imagine my surprise today as I tried to login to my game having just purchased Dine Out yesterday and what do I find...Toddlers. I just about jumped out of my chair. I'm so excited. Thank you EA and Maxis. I truly never thought we would see this day.

I see lots of new faces here that probably don't know me and some old friends too. Anyway thanks you guys, I have no doubt your persistence and patience has helped pave the way for today's toddler update. Kudos to you all.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    I actually shed a few tears. I was possibly going to give the game another try because the vampire pack piqued my interest, but now I am 100% on board with the game now and it's pretty much completely redeemed itself in my eyes. I'm probably being too lenient, but...this is what I've wanted for two years now, and it's really given me hope that this game can be even better in the future.
  • Options
    9b8ll9b8ll Posts: 13 New Member
    That was pretty cool for Graham to say :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    JaciJade wrote: »
    A big hello to all and a big thank you to all of you who had the courage to stick it out long term. Imagine my surprise today as I tried to login to my game having just purchased Dine Out yesterday and what do I find...Toddlers. I just about jumped out of my chair. I'm so excited. Thank you EA and Maxis. I truly never thought we would see this day.

I see lots of new faces here that probably don't know me and some old friends too. Anyway thanks you guys, I have no doubt your persistence and patience has helped pave the way for today's toddler update. Kudos to you all.

I have actually noticed around the forums a lot of 'new faces' (or new plumbobs as display pictures) and the activity feed shows some new members joined and first comment badges or other badges from members who usually seldom cone in.

Word has spread quickly and there has been an unprecedented boost in popularity for TS4.

The funny thing is that just 12 hours ago, no one would have ever thought :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Toddlers are so freaking adorable!!! I started a new family and I'm having so much fun with them! I need to buy the rest of the stuff I'm behind on. Thank you EA! <3
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @esharpmajor I am sorry to see that things had not been working out for you but at least you can again find enjoyment in The Sims.

There is a very different atmosphere on the forums at the moment. It is a,most like how the community used to be, how it was in the years 2000-2013 when The Asims was a life simulator and not a PC version if a mo vile act.

I myself do not play TS4 for a number of reasons but I must admit, from what I have seen so far I am a bit envious, they actually made something (other than CAS) better than in the previous games. This is what shoukd give happened at the start, progression. Taking popukar festures and improving on them further.

There are things from missing in TS4 that I don't think will return but considering that it is clear that they gave taken players feedback into account, I actually have hope for the series and good things are yet to come. It has been an awfully slow start but from both the players and within the development team there has still been a lot of dedication and loyalty towards The Sims. We have seen screenshots from some of the devs saying his delighted they are at seeing players enjoy the new update that they have put work in and finally the gap between the players and devs is closing. Things can only get better from now in and things have started looking up :smile:

Happy Simming :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you @king_of_simcity7 just from a brief look around I see what you mean, it's wonderful to see so many happy simmers today! I've been away for a while but I have been poking my head in to see how everyone is doing from time to time and things were pretty morose for a while there! The community needed this shot in the arm, I'm so pleased!!
    Post edited by esharpmajor on
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Sleeping on normal furniture! 01-12-17_9-18-16nbspPM_zpslcfrg1az.png

@sparkfairy1 This melted my heart. :blush: I love it so much that they can use the furniture. I can't wait to play now. Thank you Sparky for the review. I look forward seeing more of your reviews and other simmers pics.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Goodywood wrote: »
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Congrats!! I'm very excited for y'all. I will wait for the reviews before making any decisions as there are still so many other things I don't like about Sims4. But, I am very happy as I did not think they would do this. I had given up hope. Thank you guru's for making so many people so very happy. I hope this is the wow factor.

PS: Guess that means I can change my avatar now...if I can remember how. :)

Same thing for me. We still need real teens and elders. Culling fixes cars. I'm trying to stay positive though but like you said there is so many things wrong with TS4. I'll wait for the review from Sparky and see what happens.

If we get better teens and culling fixes, I'm okay with no cars. (Besides, now we're going to need a car seat if cars ever return.)

@stilljustme2 Now I want car even more! LOL I want car seats, even if it is Sims 2 style (them leaving driveway and driving down the street then disappear). Imagine the cute animations of the whole family getting into a mini van.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    My Origin Account: Sims 4 not even installed on computer I bought in July.

Game last played: March 18 2016....

Installing on my new laptop and loading up today.

'Nuff said.
  • Options

I think that every life stage should have had this treatment from the get go. As I said quality is one thing that has always made the series popular and the lack of it really slowed grinds down. If they can do this with a toddler life stage just think about what they could do with the other life stages if they really work on them?

They gave also proven that adding a new lifestage into the game (considering that for TS4, toddlers new) without any issues then a lot of other things can be possible as well.

No more excuses shoukd be needed anymore, they have proven thier worth as a development team so players should finally be able to expect more

Well said @king_of_simcity7 . I completely agree/

I also want them to add CAW. And we still need lot placements.
  • Options
    Well here's the kicker: I went back to my old save and noticed all the people who were missing in the newest save were...wait for it......MALES!!! Yep folks it was all men and boys who were culled lol no women. Very strange....this can not be a "women only" world. We do need men too for if we had no men, the population will perish and the sims would cease to exist....unless of course u have mods. lol

Oh no! I hope this isn't a glitch that came with the patch. :(
  • Options

Omg he said that? Now I am going to cry. :'(<3
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    There are toddler/kid interaction as well! Kids can hug toddlers, read them stories and try and talk to them. I'm so overwhelmed but in a good way of course!

The only thing is (and I don't want this to come of as negative) toddlers are so fleshed out compared to babies, teens and children and it's crazy how much content they have compared to those other 3 life stages. It feels a bit weird having your toddler age up and then having to play and underfleshed child. I think all 3 of those life stages (especially babies) do with a small overhaul, just to bring them up to scratch with toddlers. It wouldn't need to be anything big, maybe just some personality tweaks or more specific interactions for each lifestage in an update so that they don't seem underdone compared to toddlers. Again, I don't want that to sound negative or demanding, it's just a personal hope I wanted to share. Believe me, I am feeling the happiest I have been about the game in ages :)

I think that every life stage should have had this treatment from the get go. As I said quality is one thing that has always made the series popular and the lack of it really slowed grinds down. If they can do this with a toddler life stage just think about what they could do with the other life stages if they really work on them?

They gave also proven that adding a new lifestage into the game (considering that for TS4, toddlers new) without any issues then a lot of other things can be possible as well.

No more excuses shoukd be needed anymore, they have proven thier worth as a development team so players should finally be able to expect more

I agree with all of this. I just keep wondering how much better this game would've been if they'd just delayed the release and took their time on things, or how much calmer it would've been if they had communicated openly and honestly with us. Taking time to do things right and good, honest communication goes a long way with people.

There's still a lot of things I'll need to see before I consider investing in this game, but this is the first time since they released The Sims 4 that I've actually seen that wow factor that makes me want this game. This is the first time I've been impressed with The Sims 4.

Goes to show that the "complainers" do help to make things happen. Props to everyone here. I've seen you all range from hopeful to hopeless on toddlers and get trashed and bashed by some, but now you and those bashing you will be reaping the benefits of your diligence. :star::star::star::star::star:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    I figured it out @sparkfairy1 thank you for the concern and advice. I'll post cutie toddler pics when my little babies grow into them. I have waited this long for toddlers, I think I can wait a few sim days for them to actually grow into the fam instead of making them in CAS.
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    i woke up today and was like WHAT IS THIS REAL?! :D i'm so happy for everyone here who has been waiting for them <3
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    I still can't play the way I want. I need them to fix the teens please. :( I also have no clue what family to make.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2017
    I can't possibly express how happy and relieved I am to see that toddlers have been added!!!!! When Sparky's tweet popped up I immediately started looking for more info because I could scarcely believe it! When I realised it was true, I broke down in tears. The last few months have been really difficult for me; professional, personal and family issues have plum my energy and left me feeling very down. For the last 15 odd years of my life, when things have gotten as tough as it they have this winter, I've ALWAYS fallen back to the sims, but for the first time in memory this was no longer the case. I lost my hobby right when I desperately needed it most, and the chief cause of that was the lack of generational play. Until today I didn't realise just how badly that effected my ability to cope, and find enjoyment in the few spare moments I save for myself.

Today's news feels like such a gift... Not only because of the addition of the gameplay but also because of the resurgence of faith in the team and the franchise itself. It's something I didn't think I would ever get back, and now I see how deeply it hurt me to lose confidence in Maxis, and this game. It's like an old friend has come back into my life, right when I most needed them.

I'd been feeling like nothing was ever going to work out for me; that nothing would ever feel easy, or good, or fulfilling again. This morning was the lowest I've felt in over ten years. My thoughts were filled with gloom, thinking nothing good would ever happen to me again, and then BOOM. I'm so grateful and so excited to get back into game and try them out for myself. Updating as we speak.

Isn't it amazing how something as silly as the addition of a much missed feature in a favourite game can suddenly make the world look so much brighter? I told myself it would never happen so many times that now, it's like all my pessimism is melting away. Suddenly those dark thoughts were replaced with hopeful ones. If Maxis can add toddlers, then what other seemingly impossible battles might be won? It's like a whole new world of possibility has appeared for me.

I know there are still things I am not sold on in this game, quite a few actually, but the backbone is there now. Game changing mods might yet be made that address many of my other issues, but no mods could ever have fixed the hole left by missing toddlers. Finally, I can see a future for this franchise that includes me. I couldn't be happier.

Thank you so much gurus - please @SimGuruDrake pass along my utmost gratitude to the team. I am overwhelmed and so incredibly relieved to have my sims back. <3

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time of it! I really hope things IRL get better for you very soon. <3

As for the news, I think I'm still in shock! I've seen some people today say something to the effect that they need to 'eat crow' since they long ago gave up believing that toddlers would be added. I honestly don't feel like I need to eat crow; IMO up until now they have done nothing to make me believe that they were remotely interested in making a real Sims game with this version. But now I am feeling like you, that maybe this means that they can actually fix the other things in the game that needs fixing, and we'll all eventually have an amazing new Sims game to play. This update gives me my hope back. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Thank you @HappySimmer3! Good to see u again! *waves happily*
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    edited January 2017
    I can't possibly express how happy and relieved I am to see that toddlers have been added!!!!! When Sparky's tweet popped up I immediately started looking for more info because I could scarcely believe it! When I realised it was true, I broke down in tears. The last few months have been really difficult for me; professional, personal and family issues have plum my energy and left me feeling very down. For the last 15 odd years of my life, when things have gotten as tough as it they have this winter, I've ALWAYS fallen back to the sims, but for the first time in memory this was no longer the case. I lost my hobby right when I desperately needed it most, and the chief cause of that was the lack of generational play. Until today I didn't realise just how badly that effected my ability to cope, and find enjoyment in the few spare moments I save for myself.

Today's news feels like such a gift... Not only because of the addition of the gameplay but also because of the resurgence of faith in the team and the franchise itself. It's something I didn't think I would ever get back, and now I see how deeply it hurt me to lose confidence in Maxis, and this game. It's like an old friend has come back into my life, right when I most needed them.

I'd been feeling like nothing was ever going to work out for me; that nothing would ever feel easy, or good, or fulfilling again. This morning was the lowest I've felt in over ten years. My thoughts were filled with gloom, thinking nothing good would ever happen to me again, and then BOOM. I'm so grateful and so excited to get back into game and try them out for myself. Updating as we speak.

Isn't it amazing how something as silly as the addition of a much missed feature in a favourite game can suddenly make the world look so much brighter? I told myself it would never happen so many times that now, it's like all my pessimism is melting away. Suddenly those dark thoughts were replaced with hopeful ones. If Maxis can add toddlers, then what other seemingly impossible battles might be won? It's like a whole new world of possibility has appeared for me.

I know there are still things I am not sold on in this game, quite a few actually, but the backbone is there now. Game changing mods might yet be made that address many of my other issues, but no mods could ever have fixed the hole left by missing toddlers. Finally, I can see a future for this franchise that includes me. I couldn't be happier.

Thank you so much gurus - please @SimGuruDrake pass along my utmost gratitude to the team. I am overwhelmed and so incredibly relieved to have my sims back. <3

I am happy this has brought you a ray of sunshine in your day and I'd be more than happy to pass along your feelings to the team. They worked really hard on this update to make them the best they could be for all of you. Thank you for continuing to share your thoughts and feedback for the game <3

THANK YOU Drake for such a wonderful gift
    and all of the simgurus too
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I'm not even sure I posted here in the last year. 2016 has been a year of trials for me to say the least. Not Sim related trials but rather real life issues that just went from bad to worse all year long..I won't bore you guys with the details. Now my toddlers and Sim play are a much needed distraction.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    edited January 2017
    OMG @sparkfairy1 the excitement is unbelievable. I actually had fun playing the sims 4 today and I'm looking forward to playing tomorrow. That has never happened. It didn't even matter how glitchy my game is and I have no mods in and my sims kept getting stuck and I couldn't save the game and then my sims icons disappeared having to repair the game twise through origin then taking out all the files from the sims 4 folder running the game. Quiting and then putting the files back... A lot of crazy mess and even through all that I still had fun playing the glitches and all.

OMG I HAVE TO CHANGE MY LOGO NOW!
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    Oh and is this another glitch in my game or is this like this for everyone.. My babies are up walking without training...
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top