Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    TODDLERS! <3

I tried to read this thread last night but it was hopeless, I got the maintenance message, don't know if my ipad was stupid but probably the entire community was overloaded :D

YAY Victory!! Congrats @sparkfairy1 and all that has given feedback and supported this lovely thread of 1100 pages!! <3
  • MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    @sparkfairy1 I would like to take the good news to acknowledge this great person and note well her triumph in advocating for family play. Congrats girl congrats all! I'm gonna rev TS4 up again tomorrow
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I'm very happy to hear about the toddlers just some days after I had decided to write in this thread again after months lol They look very cute and bring a suprising amount of stuff with them (I checked out thesimsupply's first look). I really like the concept of toddler personalities and skills and they move super-awkwardly-cute (but they don't crawl... yeah, yeah... I'm sorry, I always find a hair in the soup. I guess a crawling animation is hard to do, seeing as Graham told us the four-legged routing for Pets was really complicated to program, still, please make them crawl again in the next gen!), but I have to wait until Sunday to try them out.
    My Prettacy might get played to gen 10 after all! And I'm really frustrated about missing the sale now. How random was this update though!
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    I am in the best kind of shock. I am very invested in my TS2 game right now, but this addition means that I will be reinstalling TS4 as well. I keep thinking it's some kind of prank but I am quite literally over the moon.

Toddlers will not fix the underlying issues that I have with this game and its gameplay, but I am so looking forward to seeing what they've done with them :)

ETA: To everyone who has been hanging on in this thread, waiting and hoping, I hope you all are having the best day ever :) And thanks, @sparkfairy1 for making this place for people to come to in the first place.

I feel the same :) Been loving my Sims 2 game lately but I might have to drop that for a little while to play with the new tots. There's still a lot to fix (imo) but right now I couldn't care less- we finally have toddlers and they are wonderful! :smiley:
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Oh lord, yesterday *was* real.

Eeepppppppp! I'm *not* dreaming! Toddlers are really here!!

-T
    I feel like a sim. I must've experienced 20 different emotions in about as many minutes yesterday. Today I feel relieved, excited, calm, like I've won a big battle, drained, strong and empowered and happy happy all at once!

Weeeeeeeee!!

--T
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I haven't been playing TS4 or been on the forum for months but as soon as I saw this update it was the first things I done. I was so happy to find I had a little baby ready to grow up to be a toddler. I had completely forgot. They're amazing and so cute!!!! Looking forward to playing after work today.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I feel like a sim. I must've experienced 20 different emotions in about as many minutes yesterday. Today I feel relieved, excited, calm, like I've won a big battle, drained, strong and empowered and happy happy all at once!

Weeeeeeeee!!

--T

Haha yes me too. I was literally dancing in my kitchen this morning at 8 am. It's snowing AND we have toddlers. It's like a second, much much better Christmas :D
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Weeeeeeeee!!

--T

Haha yes me too. I was literally dancing in my kitchen this morning at 8 am. It's snowing AND we have toddlers. It's like a second, much much better Christmas :D

I KNOW! Can this year get any better?

Gosh! I'm so happy right now.

--T
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    There are toddler/kid interaction as well! Kids can hug toddlers, read them stories and try and talk to them. I'm so overwhelmed but in a good way of course!

The only thing is (and I don't want this to come of as negative) toddlers are so fleshed out compared to babies, teens and children and it's crazy how much content they have compared to those other 3 life stages. It feels a bit weird having your toddler age up and then having to play and underfleshed child. I think all 3 of those life stages (especially babies) do with a small overhaul, just to bring them up to scratch with toddlers. It wouldn't need to be anything big, maybe just some personality tweaks or more specific interactions for each lifestage in an update so that they don't seem underdone compared to toddlers. Again, I don't want that to sound negative or demanding, it's just a personal hope I wanted to share. Believe me, I am feeling the happiest I have been about the game in ages :)

I think that every life stage should have had this treatment from the get go. As I said quality is one thing that has always made the series popular and the lack of it really slowed grinds down. If they can do this with a toddler life stage just think about what they could do with the other life stages if they really work on them?

They gave also proven that adding a new lifestage into the game (considering that for TS4, toddlers new) without any issues then a lot of other things can be possible as well.

No more excuses shoukd be needed anymore, they have proven thier worth as a development team so players should finally be able to expect more

I agree with all of this. I just keep wondering how much better this game would've been if they'd just delayed the release and took their time on things, or how much calmer it would've been if they had communicated openly and honestly with us. Taking time to do things right and good, honest communication goes a long way with people.

There's still a lot of things I'll need to see before I consider investing in this game, but this is the first time since they released The Sims 4 that I've actually seen that wow factor that makes me want this game. This is the first time I've been impressed with The Sims 4.

Goes to show that the "complainers" do help to make things happen. Props to everyone here. I've seen you all range from hopeful to hopeless on toddlers and get trashed and bashed by some, but now you and those bashing you will be reaping the benefits of your diligence. :star::star::star::star::star:

This. It very much gives me hope that they'll be able to progress for future iterations. These like tykes seem to be the most fleshed out in the franchise and I'd love to see something like this for the next iteration.

So very happy for everyone! Keep that feedback up; it does help!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Goodywood Lot placements could be the very least they could add as it was possible in TS3 after Ambitions and was also possible in the TS2 base :smile:

@Scobre Nice to see you pop in :smile:

@SimTrippy A few people have already said it is a late Christmas present but the way I see it Christmas comes earlier every year so this is the start of Xmas 2017 :smile:

Merry Christmas, again :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • LokanyaLokanya Posts: 166 Member
    They're here!!!

(As soon as my Origin updates and my game updates!) When I saw the announcement on the website at first I thought that they were trolling the Sims community, but its true!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! toddlers are here at last!, I didn´t know it till just now! OMG I have to reinstall my game!!! I have to play them!!!

I had given up hope and uninstall it, I really thought they were not to put them in ever.

Thankyou to the team for listening, thankyou to @sparkfairy1 for this thread, thankyou to all the posters over this fórum who kept on asking for them

Today is really a great day for TS4 and for us simmers
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I am still bouncing around because I am so excited. I wish I didn't have to go to work in a few minutes, because I want to play!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

-T
    Ha ha yep it is still real. I'm getting my toddler fix by reading on my phone in my lunch hour. I can't wait to get home and reinstall my game. I know what I'm gonna be doing this weekend lol.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @Goodywood Lot placements could be the very least they could add as it was possible in TS3 after Ambitions and was also possible in the TS2 base :smile:

@Scobre Nice to see you pop in :smile:

@SimTrippy A few people have already said it is a late Christmas present but the way I see it Christmas comes earlier every year so this is the start of Xmas 2017 :smile:

Merry Christmas, again :smiley:

Merry Christmas to you too King! May the tods be ever in your favor... eh odds, eh .. you know. #excitementlevel9000 ;)

-T
    Ha ha yep it is still real. I'm getting my toddler fix by reading on my phone in my lunch hour. I can't wait to get home and reinstall my game. I know what I'm gonna be doing this weekend lol.

I know, I've been on here since I woke up this morning haha. I can't wait to get home and play. Hopefull by then end of the week if I get my way! I might just have to throw a tantrum.

--T
  • beckybickybeckybicky Posts: 1 New Member
    I feel like what we need is like a "big family" stuff pack or something that comes with things you can use to fit more sims in a house. So increasing the max number of sims in a household slightly, as well as better furniture - I want bunk beds, larger dining tables and couches that are modular like counters, so you can build them into whatever shape you need (e.g. L or U shaped). It's so frustrating when you prepare a kids room and then your sim has twins and you need to cram an extra bed in somehow, or when you create a dining room and need more than one table, or when you design a living room but the sofas are either threes or twos, so you need at least three couches to seat your entire household. These are just a few things that I would really like to see and would happily pay for, I don't know though, does anyone else agree?
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Don Lothario and my sim Kassidy now have another little girl, a toddler named Clarisse!! ;). Hope to have pics and such up soon! :) she's soooo cute!
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Oh and is this another glitch in my game or is this like this for everyone.. My babies are up walking without training...

As soon as you age up the babies the parents immediately teach them to walk, they are not very good at it at first.

Thank you @sparkfairy1 and everyone in this thread we finally have toddlers and they really put a lot of thought into them. I see many of the ideas from here and @sparkfairy1 other thread were implemented.
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I really picked the wrong day to not go on my computer! First I missed the Nint. Switch reveal (my fault, as I thought it was the 13th) and then I finish wading through pages of forum posts on that and its games and come here to find TODDLERS! I'll have to fire up the Sims 4 this 'weekend' (thanks to the ice earlier this week we're working three Saturdays in a row, but at least we get MLK off, still) and try them out!

Hooray for persistence, @sparkfairy1 , and the gurus and team that pulled for our behalf! Although we may need to consider changing the thread to just 'Family play fans' lest someone decide there's no point to it anymore.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member

I hope things start moving along now that they have finished toddlers. I still need them to fix teens.

I want to play but I have no clue what family to make.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I have a big question for everyone.. Now that toddlers are here. I want to start adding the DLC's that i've been missing out on. I only have outdoor retreat so I am really behind. This would of been a great time for EA/Orgin to do a sims 4 sale..-...-

Anyway my question. What three DLC'S (whether expansion,game pack, or stuff pack) is a must have? I'm going to get Dine out. but does anyone know of more that truly makes the game shine?
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    I have a big question for everyone.. Now that toddlers are here. I want to start adding the DLC's that i've been missing out on. I only have outdoor retreat so I am really behind. This would of been a great time for EA/Orgin to do a sims 4 sale..-...-

Anyway my question. What three DLC'S (whether expansion,game pack, or stuff pack) is a must have? I'm going to get Dine out. but does anyone know of more that truly makes the game shine?

I don't know what kinds of features or themes you are interested in, but I have always loved the Kids Stuff Pack and the Spa Day Game Pack. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top