Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited January 2017
    Miltu wrote: »
    This may have been said before in this thread, but in Windenburg when some ducks are crossing the road, a car stops to wait them so it doesn't hit them! I was just exploring the neighborhood and when i saw that a car was driving straight forward towards the ducks i felt so relieved when the car stopped and waited them tho cross the road! :smiley:

Oh, another thing about cars:
    When it's dark outside, cars have their lights on! It's awesome how much detail was put into some things, although most of the players might never notice them (like your ducks crossing the road).

Would just be lovely if they stopped for Sims too :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Miltu wrote: »
    This may have been said before in this thread, but in Windenburg when some ducks are crossing the road, a car stops to wait them so it doesn't hit them! I was just exploring the neighborhood and when i saw that a car was driving straight forward towards the ducks i felt so relieved when the car stopped and waited them tho cross the road! :smiley:

Hello :)
    It is a special touch in the game <3
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but if you own Dine Out, if you use the bb.showhiddenobjects cheats, the half wall trims from Dine Out will appear under the fence category, and they're usable too! I use them to surround my sim's gardens.
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    Can i get a like to help me out i am new?
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    @ActuallySammy Just tell us things you didn't know about the game. :)
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    @crazycat_135 Oh well i didnt know that sims just disappear when they die of old age when they live in apartments.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    CaucasianCaucasian Posts: 10 New Member
    Pretty cool
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Caucasian wrote: »
    Pretty cool

Hello @Caucasian Welcome to the forums! Just a little infornation.You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    GET TO WORK: After your scientist invented a Hover Lamp, you can activate the hover mode. Cool, isn't it? But there is more to it:
    Any Sim, even non-scientists, can perform the action "look at" when the lamp is activated, granting them a +2 Concentrated moodlet!

There isn't only a special name for mopping up the floor while energised, no, there is also a special name for cleaning a kitchen counter! (I found that out when playing a mind-controlled energised Sim, the action had a different name than normally).

Accusing someone of being an alien (Mean interaction for higher level scientists) does NOT reveal wether or not they are actually one. It just lowers your relationship with them apparently.

You can lock your front door. This is useful to make a potential alien stay in your house after the invitation, so you can perform experiments on them until you know for sure that they are an alien.

After the event in the scientist career where some aliens try to infiltrate the lab, the aliens you spoke to still exist in the game. But be careful to not stop talking to them for too long or else they might disappear. In my case, only one of them was still existing and by coincidence he also was a super villain according to secret agent Zoe Patel.

Which brings me to the next point, which is: Secret Agents (well, at least the good ones) can expose people as super villains, and unlock an option to fight that villain every time they see eachother. But only if that person actually is a villain, which might be tied to some evil traits, like Evil (duh) and Cleptomaniac.
    And if the agent wins one of those fights (you have to use the special interaction for that though, normal fights don't work afaik) then there is flavour text saying "The good has once more defeated the evil! The vile Fabio will never pester this city again!" or something like that. If the agent loses however, it'll say "Zoe has lost the fight against the vile Fabio. She should recover and fight him again later."
    I must say, that is pretty darn amazing and epic. And Zoe's work "uniform" (a.k.a. a dress that's very fitting for her secret agent role in my opinion) is also perfect for such occasions, I actually recreated that as a formal outfit for her so I can always let her change into that if The Evil Fabio is around :D

It is easier to win fights if the enemy is fatter. At least Fabio was finally defeatable after Zoe's scientist boyfriend (who actually had a good, but of course pseudo-friendship with Fabio) gave him a spoiled "make thinner" serum, which made him fat instead.

How do I "perform experiments" on an alien? I never saw that possibility.

By "perform experiments" I just meant doing stuff like making them Very Playful / Angry / whatever (so they start glowing), trying to do some mind control with the Simray, or asking them for DNA samples. There's no specific interaction like that in the game though.

Ok thanks. I wondered because I never saw it and thought I was missing out on something. LOL.
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Big welcome to both @ActuallySammy and @ Caucasian, In this thread if you see something you never saw before or if you what to know something you didn't know about the game just ask, someone will be more than happy to help you.
  • Options
    simselisimseli Posts: 11 New Member
    love all these :blush: I found out thatif you follow the painter career you can hire an agent!
  • Options
    kakey2003kakey2003 Posts: 38 Member
    simseli wrote: »
    love all these :blush: I found out thatif you follow the painter career you can hire an agent!

@simseli That's actually pretty cool! I'd love to try it out.

• Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    I just noticed something new for the first time, my sim child came home from school and so I was going to have her do her home work instead of 'do home work' it said 'dominate homework'. Is this something new just added with the latest patch or City Life?
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Maybe it was to do with her mood?
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I just noticed something new for the first time, my sim child came home from school and so I was going to have her do her home work instead of 'do home work' it said 'dominate homework'. Is this something new just added with the latest patch or City Life?

I've seen "breeze through homework" but never "dominate" before :o
    Has she maxed her skills?
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Things you didn't know:

Toddlers!!! right @SimGuruDrake ? :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    We Got Toddler's now in a Free Patch, Whoot!!!
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    The toddlers are killing me right now
    Still teary :sob: They're so cute and chubby :sob:
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    THAT THOSE UGLY BABIES NOW TURN INTO TODDLERS!!
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    THAT WE COULD HAVE TODDLERS!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Guys, guys, there's a lullabies radio station now! It plays beautiful calming music. I have no idea whether it effects toddlers in any kind of way but I just found out when Margo put on alternative again and I had to switch it :smiley:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Ah you can place a toddlers high chair at a regular dining table! ;)
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    We can change the way our sims' teeth look and we can have braces!
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Ah you can place a toddlers high chair at a regular dining table! ;)

That's helpful. It never would have occurred to me so I wouldn't have even tried.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    There's new skin tones as well. Like grayish looking skin tones that would be perfect for your vampire sims or other supernatural sims that you're going to make!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top