Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-teen renders (NOT OFFICIAL, MADE BY ME) UPDATED 2/11/17

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    TayTayGee wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I debated on saying this but it needs to be said

@TayTayGee your actions in this thread and in your own thread in the ideas section are probably why family player Sims have a bad name by constantly getting upset when other Simmers disagree with you.

Now some simmers including myself don't feel the need to have preschoolers toddlers feels that void unless let's say the devs make an option for the tots to go to Preschool when they reach a certain skill like walking, talking, and being pottytrained now I myself think that's cool.

@TayTayGee your actions in this thread and in your own thread in the ideas section are probably why family player Sims have a bad name by constantly getting upset when other Simmers disagree with you.

Now some simmers including myself don't feel the need to have preschoolers toddlers feels that void unless let's say the devs make an option for the tots to go to Preschool when they reach a certain skill like walking, talking, and being pottytrained now I myself think that's cool.

I have nothing to do with upsetting other Simmers. You are just making assumptions. I want the preschooler lifestage and I am not the only one who wants it. There are so many people who don't want preteens and toddlers. Some people think children are preteens and don't need a separate lifestage. I don't think children are preteens and we need it as a separate life stage. Others don't want toddlers because they are annoying. That doesn't stop me from requesting for three life stages I want. I have the right to request for preschoolers and ignore all the anti-preschooler people.

But ... what is a preschooler ? They are between Toddler and child i get it, but what do they do that toddler and/or child can't do ? In real life how old are they and what can be their gameplay in the game ?

She's confused. She thinks preteens are 13 and 14 years old.
  • Options
    TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member

I have nothing to do with upsetting other Simmers. You are just making assumptions. I want the preschooler lifestage and I am not the only one who wants it. There are so many people who don't want preteens and toddlers. Some people think children are preteens and don't need a separate lifestage. I don't think children are preteens and we need it as a separate life stage. Others don't want toddlers because they are annoying. That doesn't stop me from requesting for three life stages I want. I have the right to request for preschoolers and ignore all the anti-preschooler people.

But ... what is a preschooler ? They are between Toddler and child i get it, but what do they do that toddler and/or child can't do ? In real life how old are they and what can be their gameplay in the game ?

A preschooler is a child who is not old enough for school, but being prepared for it by being in a place similar to school.

Or in other definitions:
    A preschool (also nursery school, pre-primary school, kindergarten outside the US and UK) is an educational establishment or learning space offering early childhood education to children between the ages of three and five, prior to the commencement of compulsory education at primary school. They may be privately operated or government run, and the costs may be subsidized.

Children between the ages 2-5 are considered as preschoolers. Most schools accept preschoolers at 2 1/2 (almost 3). Preschoolers are ALMOST AT THE AGE OF ENTERING SCHOOL (which has no connection to toddlers aged 1-2). Here is why I want preschoolers:

To me, they are few years older children than toddlers. They can already walk, talk, can use a regular toilet, can sleep in a adult-sized bed, can use any electronic device (such as the tv, computer), can possibly read (depends), and all that other big person stuff. Toddlers can't do this. They are limited in object interaction. Toddlers should more likely go to daycare than preschool.

Things taught in preschool:

Personal, social, economic and emotional development
    Communication, (including sign language), talking and listening
    World knowledge and understanding
    Creative and aesthetic development
    Mathematical awareness
    Physical development
    Physical health
    Play
    Teamwork
    Self-help skills
    Social skills
    Scientific thinking
    Literacy

This is a bit advance (speaking of literacy) for toddlers but most of it could work for them as well. Daycare is a more likely place for toddlers rather than preschool. Here's what I think daycare for toddlers will be like:

Story time
    Nap time
    Snack time
    Playtime
    Painting lessons

Possibly so much more! It's just like preschool.

I hope this helps...for everyone who apparently don't know what an actual preschooler is.
  • Options
    If we get toddlers, then we will finally have a reason to hire a nanny.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

She's confused. She thinks preteens are 13 and 14 years old.

No I don't it's 10-12. I am not dumb.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member

A preschooler is a child who is not old enough for school, but being prepared for it by being in a place similar to school.

Or in other definitions:
    A preschool (also nursery school, pre-primary school, kindergarten outside the US and UK) is an educational establishment or learning space offering early childhood education to children between the ages of three and five, prior to the commencement of compulsory education at primary school. They may be privately operated or government run, and the costs may be subsidized.

Children between the ages 2-5 are considered as preschoolers. Most schools accept preschoolers at 2 1/2 (almost 3). Preschoolers are ALMOST AT THE AGE OF ENTERING SCHOOL (which has no connection to toddlers aged 1-2). Here is why I want preschoolers:

To me, they are few years older children than toddlers. They can already walk, talk, can use a regular toilet, can sleep in a adult-sized bed, can use any electronic device (such as the tv, computer), can possibly read (depends), and all that other big person stuff. Toddlers can't do this. They are limited in object interaction. Toddlers should more likely go to daycare than preschool.

Mathematical awareness
    Physical development
    Physical health
    Play
    Teamwork
    Self-help skills
    Social skills
    Scientific thinking
    Literacy

This is a bit advance (speaking of literacy) for toddlers but most of it could work for them as well. Daycare is a more likely place for toddlers rather than preschool. Here's what I think daycare for toddlers will be like:

Story time
    Nap time
    Snack time
    Playtime
    Painting lessons

I hope this helps...for everyone who apparently don't know what an actual preschooler is.

Now i understand your point of view, in fact for me toddler and preschooler are the same in the game and that in my mind toddler end up being preschooler when they had learn talking, potty and walking. But it's not a bad idea, if we can teach them to read and write, watch them trying to climb on chair.
    No offense, but to be honest i don't think they are planned, we are not even sure that they had planned Toddler and i have small hope for preteen.
    But well, if they'll add it it can be fun.
  • Options

Or in other definitions:

Mathematical awareness
    Physical development
    Physical health
    Play
    Teamwork
    Self-help skills
    Social skills
    Scientific thinking
    Literacy

Story time
    Nap time
    Snack time
    Playtime
    Painting lessons

Now i understand your point of view, in fact for me toddler and preschooler are the same in the game and that in my mind toddler end up being preschooler when they had learn talking, potty and walking. But it's not a bad idea, if we can teach them to read and write, watch them trying to climb on chair.
    No offense, but to be honest i don't think they are planned, we are not even sure that they had planned Toddler and i have small hope for preteen.

Um toddlers aren't even being planned. I am sorry, but I don't think toddler and preschooler is the same. I don't think a 4 or 5 year old is a toddler? Oh yeah. I doubt a toddler could read at such an early age (some toddlers do but that is rare). Most kids don't start reading around 6-7 years old.
  • Options

Or in other definitions:

Mathematical awareness
    Physical development
    Physical health
    Play
    Teamwork
    Self-help skills
    Social skills
    Scientific thinking
    Literacy

Story time
    Nap time
    Snack time
    Playtime
    Painting lessons

Um toddlers aren't even being planned. I am sorry, but I don't think toddler and preschooler is the same. I don't think a 4 or 5 year old is a toddler? Oh yeah. I doubt a toddler could read at such an early age (some toddlers do but that is rare). Most kids don't start reading around 6-7 years old.

I didn't say that they were the same in real life but in the sims there is no difference in the previous game. Sims 3 toddler could read alone their skill books.
    And it's not that rare where i live, we start learning to read/writing at the age of 3.
  • Options

Or in other definitions:

Mathematical awareness
    Physical development
    Physical health
    Play
    Teamwork
    Self-help skills
    Social skills
    Scientific thinking
    Literacy

Story time
    Nap time
    Snack time
    Playtime
    Painting lessons

I didn't say that they were the same in real life but in the sims there is no difference in the previous game. Sims 3 toddler could read alone their skill books.
    And it's not that rare where i live, we start learning to read/writing at the age of 3.

Oh yeah I forgot sims 3 toddlers could read...okay fine. You won! :smiley: 3 years old seems a bit early. I live in America lol
  • Options

Or in other definitions:

Mathematical awareness
    Physical development
    Physical health
    Play
    Teamwork
    Self-help skills
    Social skills
    Scientific thinking
    Literacy

Story time
    Nap time
    Snack time
    Playtime
    Painting lessons

Oh yeah I forgot sims 3 toddlers could read...okay fine. You won! :smiley: 3 years old seems a bit early. I live in America lol

It's not about winning :D Well i'm from France and when i came to preschool they teach us mostly the basic, color, counting to 10, the alphabet sometimes we really starts reading at 4/5 and when we enter school at 6 some of us could read easily (if it's not too hard) and writing a bit (with big spelling mistake and grammar problem) But well i came from a really small village so it might not be the same everywhere ^^
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Too bad this wonderful thread and posts by the OP is being ruined with someone's "agenda".
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Too bad this wonderful thread and posts by the OP is being ruined with someone's "agenda".

Right? I need a cute picture render with the family.
  • Options
    What I would like to see is a render of one sim from baby to 20 years old. Each year in progression with physical changes. Standing up for the first time. Maybe at 14 or 15, they grow a couple of inches in height. maybe at 16 or 17, their face begins to mature and their body fills out. 21 renders, side by side of one sim.
  • Options

Or in other definitions:

Mathematical awareness
    Physical development
    Physical health
    Play
    Teamwork
    Self-help skills
    Social skills
    Scientific thinking
    Literacy

Story time
    Nap time
    Snack time
    Playtime
    Painting lessons

It's not about winning :D Well i'm from France and when i came to preschool they teach us mostly the basic, color, counting to 10, the alphabet sometimes we really starts reading at 4/5 and when we enter school at 6 some of us could read easily (if it's not too hard) and writing a bit (with big spelling mistake and grammar problem) But well i came from a really small village so it might not be the same everywhere ^^

France? France...oh yes! You French are smarter than us Americans (no offense).
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

Not my fault. People started coming up to telling me we don't need preschoolers although kept their mouths shut.
  • Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    All I'm going to say is toddlers cover that stage of life just fine, but pre teens fill a missing gap.

Me:
    Retards+using+rage+comicsreally+or+rage+facesand+since+its+_5c5aaf3f8ebcbd9bf9304a74d7cdbe4f.gif

Toddlers cover preschoolers just fine and not needed but preteens are needed between child and teen? That makes no sense at all (I just notice this as I was backing up previous pages). What's the point of preteens? The child life stage "covers it just fine".
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Here is the difference between toddler and preschooler:

TODDLER
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHT2zVYvObg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkp_vVeB_EQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKglBzikP1k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIfkMBDn9ZI

Basically walking older babies (1-2 years)

PRESCHOOLER
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Ntw-TwNnE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZY-hB2C_Iw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsgoz9_c21w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7n7yX5fmRc

An older child who is almost ready for school (3-5 years)

A preschooler can represent a 3 year old, 4 year old, and 5 year old, not toddlers. A 5 year old is not a toddler nor is a 4 year old. Toddlers will never preschoolers in my opinion. I am sorry you cannot make me change my opinion/view and I cannot make you change yours. I say toddlers aren't preschoolers and preschoolers need to be a standalone life stage along with preteen. I am tired of debating with people who don't know what real preschoolers are like. Can we get this over with and leave me alone about toddlers and preschoolers?
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Okay okay let's just relax with the pre schooler stuff alright? Let's not get another fight going on.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Okay okay let's just relax with the pre schooler stuff alright? Let's not get another fight going on.

That's the thing, the point is, we are not fighting like at all the person gets easily offended and goes on a rampage when someone disagrees with them that's basically it I'm done talking about it now and I'll just ignore it.

Now to get back on topic can you do a family portrait render which include the parents as well is that to much?
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    What I would like to see is a render of one sim from baby to 20 years old. Each year in progression with physical changes. Standing up for the first time. Maybe at 14 or 15, they grow a couple of inches in height. maybe at 16 or 17, their face begins to mature and their body fills out. 21 renders, side by side of one sim.

Ahhh I see what you did there...gradual aging, like they had thought about doing in S3. I do hope they get around to it in S5. Good idea!
  • Options
    edited January 2017

That's the thing, the point is, we are not fighting like at all the person gets easily offended and goes on a rampage when someone disagrees with them that's basically it I'm done talking about it now and I'll just ignore it.

Now to get back on topic can you do a family portrait render which include the parents as well is that to much?

Im not blaming you, i know who it is. You're right lets move on.
    I actually did do a family portrait with the parents in it, its back on page 13! :)
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »

Ahhh I see what you did there...gradual aging, like they had thought about doing in S3. I do hope they get around to it in S5. Good idea!

Ohh I can do that, its gonna take a while though..
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    You've done more work re: toddlers in a few months than EA has apparently done in two years. <3
  • Options
    edited January 2017

They are cute ! even with the weird cheeks glitch x)
    I'm still wondering how you can do that, this is great works. You should show that to sims guru !
  • Options

Im not blaming you, i know who it is. You're right lets move on.
    I actually did do a family portrait with the parents in it, its back on page 13! :)

awesome didnt see it until now aw.