Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-teen renders (NOT OFFICIAL, MADE BY ME) UPDATED 2/11/17

Comments

• Options
    TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    By definition:

Baby=very young child
    Child=0 to 13 years
    Teen=13 to 19 years

Toddler=Learning to walk to 2 1/2 years

Pre-Teen=Just under the age of 13 years (12 or 12 1/2 to 13)

Child is 0-12 13 year olds are no longer children... ;)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    @KatyJay88 Preschoolers are toddlers it's just the 3 and 4 year olds go to Preschool 5 years are not Preschoolers since they go to Kindergarten which is considered going to school at least in California USA
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited January 2017
    The Part that I really do not get is this> You are showing that they can be made and done, so Why is EA not adding them in to the Sims 4? if Modder's ect can make them, then Why can't EA?
    P.S. sorry forgot to add, that you making them and showing us it can be done, only proves to Me that EA can also add them in, they just seem to not want to, and alienate the Family Players.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    The Part that I really do not get is this> You are showing that they can be made and done, so Why is EA not adding them in to the Sims 4? if Modder's ect can make them, then Why can't EA?

Tbf these are just renders, not full-blown animations. They don't have to interact with plenty of other in-game objects, like chairs, plants, other sims, stairs, etc. etc. That being said, I still hope EA will still include them at some point, but it will be more complicated than "just" doing this (although I love these renders so this was in no way meant to sound derogatory!)
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Tbf these are just renders, not full-blown animations. They don't have to interact with plenty of other in-game objects, like chairs, plants, other sims, stairs, etc. etc. That being said, I still hope EA will still include them at some point, but it will be more complicated than "just" doing this (although I love these renders so this was in no way meant to sound derogatory!)

Ya a few more things need to be done to add them in, but at the same time, this is proof that they can be made, so EA in My opinion needs to step it up, and add them in already.
  • Options
    It's proof they can be visualised ;) But making the animations, changing the entire code of the game to include them, etc. does actually take an immense amount of time (just look how some really small changes can already cause a lot of bugs in the game). Toddlers would affect many aspects. But you're 100% right that they should be added :D
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I'm sort of confused.. don't toddlers cover pre school age?
  • Options
    @KatyJay88 Yes 3 are Toddlers that some not all happen to go to Preschool just like 4 year olds some not all go to Preschool but they are toddlers.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They are called Toddlers because they are learning to walk by toddling around unsteadily. Once they have learned to walk (usually by 24 months to 30 months) they are then just called children or preschoolers.
  • Options
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Well here is a pre schooler? Idk if I did it right..
    tumblr_ojbk4orjqF1tcw5z8o1_1280.png

You did good.
  • Options

You are just a Breathe of fresh air, I Luv your work, wonderful job on them.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    its snuper cute keep up the good work keeping my fingers cross that we 1 day see the toddler age group preschooler age group and preteen age group added to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    .. I actually might cry I want these in game so much. Thank you for these!!!
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    It's proof they can be visualised ;) But making the animations, changing the entire code of the game to include them, etc. does actually take an immense amount of time (just look how some really small changes can already cause a lot of bugs in the game). Toddlers would affect many aspects. But you're 100% right that they should be added :D

2 years should be enough tbh!
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    @Dreagen1 - you are slaying these renders! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Options
    @Dreagen1 Again, I agree with that ;)

That preschooler is awwwwwwwdorable.
  • Options

Omg...I am so amazed!!!!!!! That's what I imagined a preschooler to look like!!! Please make more of them! So cute <3
  • Options
    kaynolzkaynolz Posts: 33 Member
    @Dreagen1 everything in this thread is perfect!! I want them all in my game right now :D
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    @KatyJay88 Preschoolers are toddlers it's just the 3 and 4 year olds go to Preschool 5 years are not Preschoolers since they go to Kindergarten which is considered going to school at least in California USA

Um many preschoolers are 5. At the age of 5, you go to kindergarten when you turned 5 and usually start in school years. I don't live in California (Midwest) so I didn't start kindergarten till I was like 6 (some start late some start early). Everyone is different!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Everytime I hear someone say "Toddlers and preschoolers are the same we don't need preschoolers" I look like this:

facepalm-bert.jpg

I mean seriously, they can be separated life stages. Ugh people are so...not knowledgeable of preschoolers very well. I don't get it. Am I the only one smart enough to know the difference between toddlers and preschoolers?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    TayTayGee wrote: »

Um many preschoolers are 5. At the age of 5, you go to kindergarten when you turned 5 and usually start in school years. I don't live in California (Midwest) so I didn't start kindergarten till I was like 6 (some start late some start early). Everyone is different!

Deleted because I don't want to derail the thread I'll agree to disagree sorry Dreagen1 for derailing the thread.
  • Options

Deleted because I don't want to derail the thread I'll agree to disagree sorry Dreagen1 for derailing the thread.

I have no issue with you disagreeing. I can't argue with that. That's just my opinion and I agree that 5-year-olds are considered as preschoolers. Any, @Dreagen1 keep it up!
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

I'm pretty sure that it varies from State to State and I know that in Washington State it depends on when you were born as to when you can start school.

I'd say that if you wanted to break down the ages, it'd go something like this (though I'm sure it varies for different people):
    Baby - birth to 12 months
    Toddler - 12 months to 36 months
    Preschooler - 3 years to 5/6 years
    Child - 6 years to 10 years
    Pre-teen -11 years to 12 years
    Teen - 13 years to 18 years
    Young Adult - 19 years to 35 years
    And I think from here it gets pretty hazy; although, I don't think the elder stage should start until about 65 - 70!

@Dreagen1 - your preschooler is adorable!