Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-teen renders (NOT OFFICIAL, MADE BY ME) UPDATED 2/11/17

Comments

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    All I'm going to say is toddlers cover that stage of life just fine, but pre teens fill a missing gap.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    @Dreagen1 These are all so perfect! It's breaking my heart because I want them in my game so bad! <3:'(<3
  • Options
    TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    We really do need a preschooler life stage between toddler and child. I'd rather have toddlers and preschoolers separated than toddlers pretending to be as preschoolers.
  • Options
    TayTayGee wrote: »
    We really do need a preschooler life stage between toddler and child. I'd rather have toddlers and preschoolers separated than toddlers pretending to be as preschoolers.

Can I ask what gameplay you would use to differentiate pre schooler from toddler?

For me pre teen makes sense with the kids room stuff pack. You could even add things like fort building, sleep overs, skipping rope, hop scotch etc

Teens could get acne, prom, unique romantic actions like first kiss etc.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Preteens are 12 years old and kids in our game are 10 years old. There is no point in having a stage with no difference from one we all ready have. I think what people want is more of an early teen (13 or 14) but I don't see that happening either. What we need is more fleshed out kids and teens that we already have. Toddlers will, IMO, be older too. More like a preschooler than a baby.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Preteens are 12 years old and kids in our game are 10 years old. There is no point in having a stage with no difference from one we all ready have. I think what people want is more of an early teen (13 or 14) but I don't see that happening either. What we need is more fleshed out kids and teens that we already have. Toddlers will, IMO, be older too. More like a preschooler than a baby.

So go from a baby to a preschooler really? So from newborn and then to, for instance, 3 years to 5/6 years old?
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

So go from a baby to a preschooler really? So from newborn and then to, for instance, 3 years to 5/6 years old?

I would prefer that than what we have now, baby to a ten year old. Toddler, by definition, means learning to walk. I think this version may be older like kids and teens are older in this version. It's just logical that they follow what they have already been doing.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited January 2017
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Well here is a pre schooler? Idk if I did it right..
    tumblr_ojbk4orjqF1tcw5z8o1_1280.png
    So perfect! Well done.

--

Tbh, I think we should get 'young teens' instead of 'pre' teens, since the current children behave so much like tweens anyway, they even got a tween tv station.

Also, I just realized, if they added toddlers, and then added incremental aging/ height slider, we don't really need pre teens or young teens - they could add more interactions for each age instead.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Well here is a pre schooler? Idk if I did it right..
    tumblr_ojbk4orjqF1tcw5z8o1_1280.png
    So perfect! Well done.

--

Tbh, I think we should get 'young teens' instead of 'pre' teens, since the current children behave so much like tweens anyway, they even got a tween tv station.

Also, I just realized, if they added toddlers, and then added incremental aging/ height slider, we don't really need pre teens or young teens - they could add more interactions for each age instead.

What about we stick with the name tween? To represent preteens and young teens at once!
  • Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

Can I ask what gameplay you would use to differentiate pre schooler from toddler?

For me pre teen makes sense with the kids room stuff pack. You could even add things like fort building, sleep overs, skipping rope, hop scotch etc

Preschoolers don't need to be potty trained or learn how to walk. They can do the things older sims can do. Toddlers can't use the computer but preschoolers can. I don't think many of you know what preschoolers are really like. Its strange that so many people think toddler has a connection with preschooler and don't think it can be a standalone life stage. -_-

dont-get-it.jpg

Preschoolers are aged 2 and a half (turning 3 soon), 3, 4, and 5. I don't think you see 1-2 year olds going into preschool, instead, daycare.

8090-people-don-t-understand-me-quotes.jpg

facepalm-bert.jpg

This is so frustating to say I want preschoolers and people be like "Oh they are no different from toddlers" "Toddlers are preschoolers, so we don't need a preschooler lifestage". This make me feel bad for you guys just because you aren't smart enough to because you can't tell the difference between toddlers and preschoolers. I at least came across 5 or more people who didn't want preschoolers because similarities to toddlers.
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Does anyone on here know how to export sims 3 in game animations???? I want to export a toddler one to this s4 model so you all can see one in motion.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

This is so frustating to say I want preschoolers and people be like "Oh they are no different from toddlers" "Toddlers are preschoolers, so we don't need a preschooler lifestage". This make me feel bad for you guys just because you aren't smart enough to because you can't tell the difference between toddlers and preschoolers. I at least came across 5 or more people who didn't want preschoolers because similarities to toddlers.

But.. Doesn't that tell you...

Nope no.. not getting pulled in.

raw

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Preschoolers don't need to be potty trained or learn how to walk. They can do the things older sims can do. Toddlers can't use the computer but preschoolers can. I don't think many of you know what preschoolers are really like. Its strange that so many people think toddler has a connection with preschooler and don't think it can be a standalone life stage. -_-

dont-get-it.jpg

Preschoolers are aged 2 and a half (turning 3 soon), 3, 4, and 5. I don't think you see 1-2 year olds going into preschool, instead, daycare.

facepalm-bert.jpg

ok then..

lucille-bluth.gif

I laughed so hard at this
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I debated on saying this but it needs to be said

@TayTayGee your actions in this thread and in your own thread in the ideas section are probably why family player Sims have a bad name by constantly getting upset when other Simmers disagree with you.

Now some simmers including myself don't feel the need to have preschoolers toddlers feels that void unless let's say the devs make an option for the tots to go to Preschool when they reach a certain skill like walking, talking, and being pottytrained now I myself think that's cool.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have a child in pre-school... she's just turned five and will go to kindergarten this fall. Anyways if I were to make her in a sims game I would make her a child because she acts like a child. I wouldn't make her a toddler because she can do things that toddlers can't. I also have a one-year-old that would probably work best as a toddler right now, and my oldest is nine and more in the pre-teen area. I avoid making my family because I can't... we lack the right life stages in the sims four (at least in the sims 2&3 there is the toddler life stage). I would be happy with toddler and pre-teens added! I don't think we need a pre-school life stage as you could simply choose to have that child as an older toddler or younger child. @Dreagen1 keep up the fabulous work. I hope if we ever get toddlers they look as wonderful as yours! :)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Currently doing a facial animation for the toddler. Idk if I will be able to put it on here. If I can't then I will link it.
  • Options
    I have a child in pre-school... she's just turned five and will go to kindergarten this fall. Anyways if I were to make her in a sims game I would make her a child because she acts like a child. I wouldn't make her a toddler because she can do things that toddlers can't. I also have a one-year-old that would probably work best as a toddler right now, and my oldest is nine and more in the pre-teen area. I avoid making my family because I can't... we lack the right life stages in the sims four (at least in the sims 2&3 there is the toddler life stage). I would be happy with toddler and pre-teens added! I don't think we need a pre-school life stage as you could simply choose to have that child as an older toddler or younger child. @Dreagen1 keep up the fabulous work. I hope if we ever get toddlers they look as wonderful as yours! :)

My niece is 4 and she is in preschool as well. She is not a toddler (but acts like one) and she is almost 5. My other niece (also 1, 13 months going on 14) is a toddler. I know there is a different between an actual preschooler and toddler. Child is much to old to be an older toddler or younger child. That's why I wanted preschoolers! :joy:
  • Options
    It doesn't matter what you call them, at best we'll only get toddlers, not preschoolers, not preteens, not tweens, not another life stage.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »

@TayTayGee your actions in this thread and in your own thread in the ideas section are probably why family player Sims have a bad name by constantly getting upset when other Simmers disagree with you.

Now some simmers including myself don't feel the need to have preschoolers toddlers feels that void unless let's say the devs make an option for the tots to go to Preschool when they reach a certain skill like walking, talking, and being pottytrained now I myself think that's cool.

I have nothing to do with upsetting other Simmers. You are just making assumptions. I want the preschooler lifestage and I am not the only one who wants it. There are so many people who don't want preteens and toddlers. Some people think children are preteens and don't need a separate lifestage. I don't think children are preteens and we need it as a separate life stage. Others don't want toddlers because they are annoying. That doesn't stop me from requesting for three life stages I want. I have the right to request for preschoolers and ignore all the anti-preschooler people.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I would be happy with just toddlers, although at this point the game is lacking more than just toddlers. *If* there is a sims 5 I hope they add at least toddlers and pre-teens to the already available life stages. All in all, if they never add toddlers to the sims 4 I hope they at least add more interactions between family members. Like teasing your siblings, punishment options, teens being rebellious, and so on. :)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    I would be happy with just toddlers, although at this point the game is lacking more than just toddlers. *If* there is a sims 5 I hope they add at least toddlers and pre-teens to the already available life stages. All in all, if they never add toddlers to the sims 4 I hope they at least add more interactions between family members. Like teasing your siblings, punishment options, teens being rebellious, and so on. :)

Maybe by the time S5 rolls around, they will have perfected the aging technique they were thinking about in S4. Then there won't be any life stages, just life.
  • Options

dont-get-it.jpg

facepalm-bert.jpg

ok then..

lucille-bluth.gif

cool-bye-gif-999.gif
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member

I have nothing to do with upsetting other Simmers. You are just making assumptions. I want the preschooler lifestage and I am not the only one who wants it. There are so many people who don't want preteens and toddlers. Some people think children are preteens and don't need a separate lifestage. I don't think children are preteens and we need it as a separate life stage. Others don't want toddlers because they are annoying. That doesn't stop me from requesting for three life stages I want. I have the right to request for preschoolers and ignore all the anti-preschooler people.

But ... what is a preschooler ? They are between Toddler and child i get it, but what do they do that toddler and/or child can't do ? In real life how old are they and what can be their gameplay in the game ?
  • Options
    MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    Love these toddler pics so much I have to come back and see new ones <3
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg