Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance & Hotness Long Gone

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

There is a difference to a Woohoo in a bush that two Sims cuddling up in bed.

I wouldn't want most of my Sims to Woohoo in a bush but I would feel like something is missing if they just lay together in the bed looking up at the cealing in awkward silence

:no_mouth:

Woohoos are completely covered up though.

Bed woohoo = under the covers
    Sauna woohoo = covered by steam
    Bush woohoo = covered by bush
    etc.

Sims making out and cuddling is far more graphic and IMO is not suitable for the teen audience.

So the alternative is to have some light hearted potty humour such as a talking toilet and renaming two interactions 'pee like a champion' and 'angry poop' then?

I played TS1 when I was younger and there was a lot of stuff in there that really pushed the boundaries such as cake dancers, maybe stuff that wouldn't be able to make it into a 'T' rated game these days yet I actually managed to turn out ok.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    We have the conservative right and the religious right to thank for this.
    Some people really think video games influence our behavior, like Jack Thompson, so kids could become sex crazed lunatics playing this game.

Um, no, I'm conservative. I had to get CC poses to get any heat in this game. I like more realistic romances.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I actually think they should get rid of the kiddies and make it a M. game.
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Very much agree, I was playing sims 2 and I love the cinematic movies that play for first woohoo :D
    I laughed so much and yes I agree. I would love to see more romantic gestures :D
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Apparently, those animations are too agressive for the teens of this age and time.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2017

TS2 has to date the best actual LIFE going on as gameplay
    traits/character/personality mattered a great deal !
    the devs then responsible were gifted to know the fine line between irony, sarcasm, deviance, humour, often dark humour & offence, silliness, childishness

to me TS2 sims are also the most lively sims to date
    i am a bigger fan of TS3 & still, TS2 sims are way more charming, way more alive, have way way way more personality than any of the sims since then

would TS4 have at least half of that, it would have been a good enough game :confused:
    instead we have this silliness of EMOTIONS :tongue:

The reason that TS2 and TS3 (to a lesser extent) seems more alive is that they were initially designed that way. They were built as single-player simulations. On the other hand, if rumors are true, TS4 was not. TS4 originated as an online multi-player game. Therefore, I believe that TS4's emotion system was a quick, slap-dash way to provide something that the game was never meant to have.

In MMO's avatars do not have emotions. Emotion is provided by the person behind the avatar. Players simulate emotion by inputting commands to display emotes that give the impression of emotion. For example: if I like what another player is doing, I can type in the command to give a thumbs up. Or, if I don't like it, I can input a command to give a frown and a thumbs down.

In TS4 those commands are given by paintings and lamps and, sometimes, traits. They are not part of a complex, intersecting decision tree as they were in other games. That is why a Sim can witness another Sim die and not react in the slightest. Yet, if they see an urn of a complete stranger, they will bawl their eyes out. The urn is the trigger, not the relationship status or familial ties. The event itself is not the trigger; it's just the stupid urn. In TS4 the emotional triggers are exceedingly shallow

This weird system that has been implemented is why I have resorted to using the MC Command Center in to illicit the expected response to events that the game itself has does not provide. MC Command Center lets me change emotions on the fly, without having to redecorate. So, if a Sim dies, or a baby is born, I click a button to get the reaction that I need to tell my story. Unfortunately, however, it only works for household Sims. All other Sims not under my control, they remain oblivious.

At this point, emotions will never be what they were in the other games. Still, it would have been nice if the game included more emotes to beef up the illusion. If I am expected to provide the emotional responses within the game, at least, provide the means of expressing it better. A greater number and more varied romantic interactions would be a really good start.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    If you want that stuff in your game, leave it up to modders. TS4 is rated T and we don't need kids exposed to that sort of stuff.

Pretty sure teenagers can handle seeing pixels cuddle, slow dance and press their faces together.
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2017

I wouldn't want most of my Sims to Woohoo in a bush but I would feel like something is missing if they just lay together in the bed looking up at the cealing in awkward silence

etc.

Sims making out and cuddling is far more graphic and IMO is not suitable for the teen audience.

So the alternative is to have some light hearted potty humour such as a talking toilet and renaming two interactions 'pee like a champion' and 'angry poop' then?

I played TS1 when I was younger and there was a lot of stuff in there that really pushed the boundaries such as cake dancers, maybe stuff that wouldn't be able to make it into a 'T' rated game these days yet I actually managed to turn out ok.

Yup the sims 1 has more romance options than the sims 4. Sad but true. They even have some which never made it into later versions, playing footsie, growling and fiery kiss spring to mind.

The romance being toned down in the sims 4 just makes me believe this game is aimed at children. And it's not about wanting something seedy in your game, what's wrong with wanting different kisses in game? The make out option in the sims 4 is like a peck in the cheek, they high five before woohoo.. enough said! I want to believe my sims feel something for each other. But I can't.

But yet this is the game that has apologise in bed as an option for sims in certain situations and allows teens to mess about (woohoo), I wouldn't think that would be suitable for a pre teen audience personally but yet kisses are very basic. Weirder stories right there!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2017
    SuzieSocks wrote: »
    If you want that stuff in your game, leave it up to modders. TS4 is rated T and we don't need kids exposed to that sort of stuff.

Pretty sure teenagers can handle seeing pixels cuddle, slow dance and press their faces together.

I think seeing two sims kissing and cuddling, or dancing together closely, even woohooing, it far better for a teen audience, than setting them on fire, drowning them, or whatever other cruel interactions you can do to them.

I have never understood why some people think it's a national emergency if a young person encounters nudity, or sees people kissing and hugging, even pixels in a game.
    I was brought up with the ideal that the human body, and affections are nothing to be ashamed of, and that expressions of love and affection are to be encouraged, not hidden away like they're something scandalous.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    I enjoy playing TS4. I still believe TS2 is the best sims game of all time. I just don't understand why the Sims team did not join the best of all three sims games to make TS4. TS4 would be more enjoyable if it had the features that so many of you have mentioned. I definitely believe it would be a game with more life to it. I do miss the slow dance interaction. I terribly miss sims cuddling in bed. I could name hundreds more.

If there is a game or movie that is unacceptable to a parent for their children: don't buy don't watch. My mother dictated what my brother and I were able to watch, read and play until we were 18 yrs. I think parents ultimately have the reigns to direct what to purchase for their children and teens. Some teenagers are more rebellious than others so some things slip through the cracks but parents need to take more accountability and be nosier about their teenagers' lives. I once bought a skirt my mother thought was too short for me. My mother got rid of it. I was a teenager. I had purchased it with my own hard earned money. She threw it away. I am all the better for it--concerned parents rock, once you grow up to understand their madness.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2017

etc.

Why even humour this individual? Am I mistaken, or can teens not fool around in S4 (AKA: woohoo)? I'm getting old, maybe I imagined teens fooling around.

Surely, this is far more acceptable than graphic romance. Let's not mention transgender thingamajiggers. I'm not against it. By all means, I'm for it, but...

Meh. Consider the source of what you're arguing with, eh? ;)

Rated T? Seems only when the argument suits the... er... argument? I guess?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options

etc.

Yup the sims 1 has more romance options than the sims 4. Sad but true. They even have some which never made it into later versions, playing footsie, growling and fiery kiss spring to mind.

The romance being toned down in the sims 4 just makes me believe this game is aimed at children. And it's not about wanting something seedy in your game, what's wrong with wanting different kisses in game? The make out option in the sims 4 is like a peck in the cheek, they high five before woohoo.. enough said! I want to believe my sims feel something for each other. But I can't.

But yet this is the game that has apologise in bed as an option for sims in certain situations and allows teens to mess about (woohoo), I wouldn't think that would be suitable for a pre teen audience personally but yet kisses are very basic. Weirder stories right there!

Good reply! :smiley:

I remember footsie, if your Sim got rejected the other Sim would stomp on thier foot!

TS3 added a lot of kiss types over time, shy kiss, heat of the moment and juiced kiss. I once also saw a 'rebound kiss' from a Sim who had just become single and was cheated on. He got rejected for a rebound :open_mouth:

A teen mess around is all very well but what was wrong with just a make out on bed?

Then again teens are the same as adults anyway so I guess they are all 18 and woohooing with each other! :no_mouth:

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »

etc.

Why even humour this individual? Am I mistaken, or can teens not fool around in S4 (AKA: woohoo)? I'm getting old, maybe I imagined teens fooling around.

Surely, this is far more acceptable than graphic romance. Let's not mention transgender thingamajiggers. I'm not against it. By all means, I'm for it, but...

I myself do not understand the 'target audience' of TS4. One minute it is kids with the aforementioned 'potty humour' and then it is aimed at teens with the 'bro humour'

I mean the 'bro fist' interaction sounds pretty cool but why have a trait aimed at it?

I had once started a thread asking for a more gritty aproach to the game. I am not talking doom and gloom but one popular theme is the rags to riches story line. Pink trees and push-ups in the park look all very well but where is the bad side of town? Where are the hoods? The slums? The 'ends' as they call them in London?

I even though a volcano erupting could make some interesting gameplay. Sure make sure you can turn them off in settings but why not let the evident p,ayers have sone chaos to play around with?

What will happen if there is a University EP? Will it be wild juice kegers and late night streaking or would Sims all be lined up doing the can can?

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »

etc.

I myself do not understand the 'target audience' of TS4. One minute it is kids with the aforementioned 'potty humour' and then it is aimed at teens with the 'bro humour'

I mean the 'bro fist' interaction sounds pretty cool but why have a trait aimed at it?

I had once started a thread asking for a more gritty aproach to the game. I am not talking doom and gloom but one popular theme is the rags to riches story line. Pink trees and push-ups in the park look all very well but where is the bad side of town? Where are the hoods? The slums? The 'ends' as they call them in London?

I even though a volcano erupting could make some interesting gameplay. Sure make sure you can turn them off in settings but why not let the evident p,ayers have sone chaos to play around with?

What will happen if there is a University EP? Will it be wild juice kegers and late night streaking or would Sims all be lined up doing the can can?

It will be sims doing shots of chocolate milk whilst dancing at opposite sides of a crowded room together. But they will get a moodlet! And they can talk about classes!
  • Options
    XKatXrinaXXKatXrinaX Posts: 8 New Member

Because teenagers NEVER cuddle, kiss, or get steamy!! Whatever would happen if we exposed that to them in a game??? They'd all go and do it in real life which is bad because teenagers are just bundles of innocence!!!
  • Options
    XKatXrinaX wrote: »

Because teenagers NEVER cuddle, kiss, or get steamy!! Whatever would happen if we exposed that to them in a game??? They'd all go and do it in real life which is bad because teenagers are just bundles of innocence!!!

I was a teen when the sims 1 came out, when I played hot date I loved it, but funnily enough turned out ok. I also grew up playing GTA and yet I've never once stole a car in real life.

There's nothing wrong with sims having a kiss and cuddle on the couch or cuddling on a bed.

There is on the other hand something wrong about sims being flirty and talking to their kids not to mention the incest bug that was kicking about for a while.
  • Options
    XKatXrinaX wrote: »

I was a teen when the sims 1 came out, when I played hot date I loved it, but funnily enough turned out ok. I also grew up playing GTA and yet I've never once stole a car in real life.

There's nothing wrong with sims having a kiss and cuddle on the couch or cuddling on a bed.

There is on the other hand something wrong about sims being flirty and talking to their kids not to mention the incest bug that was kicking about for a while.

I played GTA and I have also played it online.

I am yet to be arrested for throwing grenades at a truck along a busy road and taking out 8 police cars and then making for the hills and eventually loosing my wanted level because no one could see me hiding under a bridge...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

etc.

Good reply! :smiley:

I remember footsie, if your Sim got rejected the other Sim would stomp on thier foot!

TS3 added a lot of kiss types over time, shy kiss, heat of the moment and juiced kiss. I once also saw a 'rebound kiss' from a Sim who had just become single and was cheated on. He got rejected for a rebound :open_mouth:

A teen mess around is all very well but what was wrong with just a make out on bed?

Then again teens are the same as adults anyway so I guess they are all 18 and woohooing with each other! :no_mouth:

:disappointed:

I love all the sims 3 kisses and romance options. I've yet to see a rebound kiss but that sounds funny!

I genuinely don't understand how basic romance options have been watered down but TS4 allows teens to mess around in bed when previous versions never went that far. Not unmodded anyhow. Teens as adults really annoy me. Its one of the many reasons I stopped playing.

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,304 Member

News flash: kids and teens are already exposed to things like this in their everyday real life stuff such as when the parents cuddle on the couch and makeout, or when they see their older siblings or friends doing this stuff. Or even from watching TV/movies, reading magazines/books. So your agruement is invalid when kids/teens see a lot more adult stuff happening in their everyday real life routines. So what they would see in this game would be more milder than what they see in real life... :D
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    i am quite happy that this is gone and clearly do not went to see those things return to the sims4 the only way i would not mind these interaction back is if they are tone down.

T'es plein de fun, hein? Things are toned down enough with this mess of pixels.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    We need @catloverplayer to weigh on this debate. CLP, your thoughts?
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2017

I'm not sure even they know what their target audience is half the time.

They took/left this out. Someone complains. Someone else says because it's T-rated.

They added this (not exactly T-rated feature). Someone complains. someone else says it's because... whatever argument works, I guess.

It makes no sense.

But yeah. Some grittiness is something I would happily welcome. I'm not looking for all over doom and gloom or explicit scenes. But some risky business would at least add some spice to the dish.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    edited January 2017
    aws200 wrote: »
    Link to album: http://imgur.com/a/KId11

If there's one thing The Sims 2 did best with is the raw emotions and rich experiences that life has to offer. Sadly later installments take away from that, mainly TS4 with single party life young adult style. Back in early 2000 we saw the next installment of The Sims that did everything right, became the most selling and critically praised game in the entire franchise. Why? It did everything right. But enough about how TS2 is still #1 over TS4. We're here to talk about the neglect of romance, flirt, and other features.

Cuddle
    mxnNog7.jpg
    P7iai21.jpg
    Whatever happened to this? Our Sims would cuddle when they went to sleep, especially after a night of woohoo. Now they're all about being loners and stay apart unless it's time to woohoo. Why Maxis, why?

Relaxing On The Bed
    m2MRjgs.jpg
    zjcIqd4.jpg
    Instead of relaxing on the bed we're now forced to sit on the side. How's that relaxing? It's a bed, you're supposed to relax by laying down. Then getting naughty! >:D

Flirting and Kissing
    O9Tiyoc.jpg
    gHieaSC.jpg
    xbphcH8.jpg
    Compared to TS2, TS4 feels like a kid's program. There's no real flirting, no heat, no passion. Just bleh meh whatever see you later. TS2 showed more intimate naughty bits and one action that's still missing since then, goose. Look at the way she grabs his plum, rawr!

The Couch Fun
    9rnxVZQ.jpg
    UtuFS41.jpg
    2JWX5Xw.jpg
    Wow where did these heated moments run off too? When the soccer mom and politicians picked up their pitchforks and torches? No really. Why is The Sims 2 still showing more emotion and passion than The Sims 4 which is supposed to be 'smarter Sims, weirder stories' and 'all about emotions', hmm?

Got to love how TS2 did right, but TS4 feels so dull and child oriented. TS2 seems to be aimed towards older like teens and adults. You can't forget that it featured 'scenes' for experiences such as woohoo in bed, woohoo in hot tub (yes they were in the base game before being sold for

$10), giving birth, proposing marriage, getting married, first kiss, and more. Where did those emotional passion moments go? Those little laughs and memorable times? Kansas's Dust In The Wind sure is playing right now isn't it.

Agreed.

And by the way shower woohooing needs to return as well.
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    don't worry you gonna get your "hot date" game pack where you will gonna have all the romantic interactions for just 39,99 cuz
    keep-calm-science-will-save-us.png?1436905983
    sims 4 the "pack edition", where 90% of the game will be sold in packs.

I would buy it for sure. Remembers the Find Love Survey for TS4.
  • Options
    Another thing why can't Sims cuddle on the sofa without breaking away after 5 seconds?