Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance & Hotness Long Gone

aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
Link to album: http://imgur.com/a/KId11

If there's one thing The Sims 2 did best with is the raw emotions and rich experiences that life has to offer. Sadly later installments take away from that, mainly TS4 with single party life young adult style. Back in early 2000 we saw the next installment of The Sims that did everything right, became the most selling and critically praised game in the entire franchise. Why? It did everything right. But enough about how TS2 is still #1 over TS4. We're here to talk about the neglect of romance, flirt, and other features.

Cuddle
mxnNog7.jpg
P7iai21.jpg
Whatever happened to this? Our Sims would cuddle when they went to sleep, especially after a night of woohoo. Now they're all about being loners and stay apart unless it's time to woohoo. Why Maxis, why?

Relaxing On The Bed
m2MRjgs.jpg
zjcIqd4.jpg
Instead of relaxing on the bed we're now forced to sit on the side. How's that relaxing? It's a bed, you're supposed to relax by laying down. Then getting naughty! >:D

Flirting and Kissing
O9Tiyoc.jpg
gHieaSC.jpg
xbphcH8.jpg
Compared to TS2, TS4 feels like a kid's program. There's no real flirting, no heat, no passion. Just bleh meh whatever see you later. TS2 showed more intimate naughty bits and one action that's still missing since then, goose. Look at the way she grabs his 🐸🐸🐸🐸, rawr!

The Couch Fun
9rnxVZQ.jpg
UtuFS41.jpg
2JWX5Xw.jpg
Wow where did these heated moments run off too? When the soccer mom and politicians picked up their pitchforks and torches? No really. Why is The Sims 2 still showing more emotion and passion than The Sims 4 which is supposed to be 'smarter Sims, weirder stories' and 'all about emotions', hmm?

Got to love how TS2 did right, but TS4 feels so dull and child oriented. TS2 seems to be aimed towards older like teens and adults. You can't forget that it featured 'scenes' for experiences such as woohoo in bed, woohoo in hot tub (yes they were in the base game before being sold for $10), giving birth, proposing marriage, getting married, first kiss, and more. Where did those emotional passion moments go? Those little laughs and memorable times? Kansas's Dust In The Wind sure is playing right now isn't it.
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

• Options
    stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    I hate that it takes too much effort to bring up my sims romance meter and then trying to work on that plus get in all their work obligations (getting them in a work related mood and completing work related at-home task) out of the way. It took me too long to get my sims romantically involved. I actually had had to create a sim specifically for my own sim and move her in to try to make it easier. It still took a long time of flirting for the romance meter to move up a small bit.

Then I could get them married and procreating but there was still no real romance between them, even when they slept in the same bed. It was weird, and u would never guess they were romantically involved. It's disheartening, really.

When they married, the romance meter didn't go up like I thought it would, like in sims 3. It barely budged! They are married and have children but act like strangers in their own home. Trying to get the romance meter up was a pain, and it was hard to get them in bed and procreating because of the low romance, no matter how hard I tried. Eventually, I stopped at 3 kids because I couldn't take how hard it was to get them to have kids. Family is the only way I play my sims and they've made it too hard to get a romance started and keep the romance going, and it's doubly hard because of the other stuff I have to make them that's work related. Sheesh. It's one of the many reasons why I quit the game.
  • Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    Omg yes this one of the things I miss the most :( Since sims 3 it feels like everything has been toned down. Like how can EA even call the make out interaction in sims 4 a make out!! Making out is not giving slow kisses and then taking millions of stops inbetween.
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    it boggles my mind that the game allows incest but doesn't offer steamy interactions between sims that should actually have them.

plum backward if you ask me.
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah I always liked the sims for that reason. Especially now that sims are good looking now. It's odd seeing it wasted in an older game and not redone in the newest.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited July 2015
    don't worry you gonna get your "hot date" game pack where you will gonna have all the romantic interactions for just 39,99 cuz
    keep-calm-science-will-save-us.png?1436905983
    sims 4 the "pack edition", where 90% of the game will be sold in packs.
    Post edited by Ellessarr on
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    "90% of the game will be sold in packs."
    Sad but true
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    We have the conservative right and the religious right to thank for this.
    Some people really think video games influence our behavior, like Jack Thompson, so kids could become sex crazed lunatics playing this game.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I think the lack of this stuff is ridiculous. I was playing Sims 2 when I was only 9-10 and it didn't effect me negatively, neither did it effect anyone else I know played it.

We honestly need some of the heat back;
    It's stupid enough that the 'smack bum' interaction for bush woohoo doesn't even touch the behind.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited January 2017
    The sims 2 sims making out on the couch to me looks and sounds like dogs in heat. I wouldn't want it back. However, I do want things like slow dancing, relaxing in bed and cuddling to come back.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    The sims 2 sims making out on the couch to me looks and sounds like dogs in heat.
    *Cough Cough* What's wrong with that?
    I'd like both that make out and the one we have.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    i am quite happy that this is gone and clearly do not went to see those things return to the sims4 the only way i would not mind these interaction back is if they are tone down.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    I would love to have more romantic interactions and I definitely miss the cuddling while sleeping thing because it was one of the cutest interactions we had.
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I miss these animations so much:(
    I almost forgot how much more emotional they were in comparison to puritanical sims 4.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    Missed a lot of the bed cuddling so much. (And real kissing.)

I rarely used the steamy makeout, so I don't miss that part that much. Didn't like using it. However, Sims 4 doesn't feel romantic or affectionate enough in other ways.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2017
    We have the conservative right and the religious right to thank for this.
    Some people really think video games influence our behavior, like Jack Thompson, so kids could become sex crazed lunatics playing this game.

I consider myself conservative in many ways. I'm pro economy. I'm covered from neck to toe. I prefer plain decor over 'bling,' etc... My decoratve taste is black leather, steel, and glass. Yet I love colour, and at the end of the day, I'm only human. I take risks. I enjoy healthy competition, and I love the seedier side of things. I admit I love the sparks in S2 over the following games when it comes to interaction. I miss the blooming cake-dancers and cage dancers from S1 for Pete's sake! My being somewhat uptight (and even snooty) had nothing to do with the 'safe' direction this game has taken.
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    If you want that stuff in your game, leave it up to modders. TS4 is rated T and we don't need kids exposed to that sort of stuff.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    If you want that stuff in your game, leave it up to modders. TS4 is rated T and we don't need kids exposed to that sort of stuff.

There is a difference to a Woohoo in a bush that two Sims cuddling up in bed.

I wouldn't want most of my Sims to Woohoo in a bush but I would feel like something is missing if they just lay together in the bed looking up at the cealing in awkward silence

:no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2017
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    don't worry you gonna get your "hot date" game pack where you will gonna have all the romantic interactions for just 39,99 cuz

Sadly, I think that you're right on the money. Romantic affection and intimacy are bound to be in one of the future EPs/GPs/SPs. I have no doubt; just take a closer look at one of the ideas up for offer in the EA survey.

No disrespect intended, yet, I feel the need to ask if the above statement was meant to be sarcastic or satirical? Sometimes, it is very difficult to tell.

To me, there is nothing worse than allowing Sim teens to have woohoo without first adding the romance, affection, and intimacy that is supposed to be the prelude to that type of interaction. This game sends the message that sex is fine, however, kissing, cuddling, and actually dancing together are not.

The Sims 4 romance is backwards as heck.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »

Sadly, I think that you're right on the money. Romantic affection and intimacy are bound to be in one of the future EPs/GPs/SPs. I have no doubt; just take a closer look at one of the ideas up for offer in the EA survey.

No disrespect intended, yet, I feel the need to ask if the above statement was meant to be sarcastic or satirical? Sometimes, it is very difficult to tell.

To me, there is nothing worse than allowing Sim teens to have woohoo without first adding the romance, affection, and intimacy that is supposed to be the prelude to that type of interaction. This game sends the message that sex is fine, however, kissing, cuddling, and actually dancing together are not.

The Sims 4 romance is backwards as heck.

@Cynna - he's dead serious.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    [/quote]

@Cynna - he's dead serious. [/quote]

Hmmmm...okay then. Thanks for the clarification.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member

There is a difference to a Woohoo in a bush that two Sims cuddling up in bed.

I wouldn't want most of my Sims to Woohoo in a bush but I would feel like something is missing if they just lay together in the bed looking up at the cealing in awkward silence

:no_mouth:

Woohoos are completely covered up though.

Bed woohoo = under the covers
    Sauna woohoo = covered by steam
    Bush woohoo = covered by bush
    etc.

Sims making out and cuddling is far more graphic and IMO is not suitable for the teen audience.

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think we can also blame the sims 4 face modification can also result in the sims to not even touch. In the sims 2 there aren't many face modification so the intimate animation actually feel pretty intense.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited January 2017
    aws200 wrote: »
    Link to album: http://imgur.com/a/KId11

If there's one thing The Sims 2 did best with is the raw emotions and rich experiences that life has to offer. Sadly later installments take away from that, mainly TS4 with single party life young adult style. Back in early 2000 we saw the next installment of The Sims that did everything right, became the most selling and critically praised game in the entire franchise. Why? It did everything right. But enough about how TS2 is still #1 over TS4. We're here to talk about the neglect of romance, flirt, and other features.
    as much i agree with most of what you write but ... :grimace:

TS2 had from the start quite horrible faces meshes, the presets in CAS are really HORRIFIC causing sims look also HORRIFIC at times
    some toddlers looked really scary :cookie:

CAS itself & that dark Body Shop are also not really "right" :grimace:

i remember,
    as i opened TS3's CAS for the first time - that was a WOW & those options to mold a sim's face :open_mouth:

but yes ...

TS2 has to date the best actual LIFE going on as gameplay
    traits/character/personality mattered a great deal !
    the devs then responsible were gifted to know the fine line between irony, sarcasm, deviance, humour, often dark humour & offence, silliness, childishness

to me TS2 sims are also the most lively sims to date
    i am a bigger fan of TS3 & still, TS2 sims are way more charming, way more alive, have way way way more personality than any of the sims since then

would TS4 have at least half of that, it would have been a good enough game :confused:
    instead we have this silliness of EMOTIONS :tongue:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited January 2017
    SiliClone wrote: »
    The only thing I know is that it freaks me out when a mother or a father have the flirty mood and go to talk to their kids.
    yes

how ANYBODY of the devs could think this right ... i don't know

this feels so wrong, one step wronger is already outright child abuse :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA