Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

VICTORIAN, yet MODERN MICRO Starter Home by Allium

AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
VICTORIAN, yet MODERN MICRO Starter Home
by Allium

My entry into Exdemon1120's Micro home challenge :D, was fun!

Challenge Thread:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/81328.page

The lot:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=848140#

Studio Pics:
http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=73865

Some more images :D
Micro02.jpg

Micro01.jpg

Micro06.jpg

Micro09.jpg

Micro12.jpg

Micro16.jpg

Micro07.jpg

Micro17.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited August 2009
    Very unique! :D
  • Options
    TnT_TJTnT_TJ Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2009
    Cool design! I especially love the fenced in stairs in the front, and O.O that carpet...how the... what the... Love it, but how? It seems to be a non-repeating pattern... Is it a custom object???...Oh before I forget, running to rec :D
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh that's a cute one. I always wonder how you guys manage to do such nice things with so small houses and a low budget...
  • Options
    LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited August 2009
    This looks very nice Allium! :D

I am not a fan of red brick.
    But yet this is lovely. A rec. :wink:

~Light~
  • Options
    CaliforniaBoundCaliforniaBound Posts: 676 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Really nice Allium, love the townhouse style! Overall really nice lot, great colors, great decor, and the rustic wood slats really add to the exterior.
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2009
    So cute, Alli! You know how much I <3 your decor. Love the pops of that particular shade of green!
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited August 2009
    love it hehe so cute! looks like somone has refurbed ( :?: Im not sure thats a word) an office building or somthing has a really cool vibe to it.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    roof_up_large.jpg

SimEve- Thank you! I can't take credit for building itself (see above) it as it was a basic build by Exdemon1120, we got to put in doors/windows, materials, fences & gardens etc!

TnT_TJ- Thankyou! See above can't take credit for the build but all the pretty bits I can :D lol The rug is a custom pattern, there are a couple in there :).

Asante- Thanks! :D I really wanted to spend more tho...

LightSide - :D cheers! Its a custom pattern brick by Cyclonesue on TSR, I love it...the ones in game are too sharp and flat imho

CaliforniaBound- Thank you! :D It's my fav thing...Old property with modern customising...all I need is the RL cash to buy it in RL lol!

Anjubee- Thanks, *blushes* means alot coming from you :D...what's not to like about Lime...MMmmm

P.s. Is Cali looking quite hot nowadays or what lol!?

• Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited August 2009
    That's gorgeous. I honeslty have nothing else to say or I'll fill the whole page :)
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bennjoon wrote:
    love it hehe so cute! looks like someone has refurbed ( :?: Im not sure thats a word) an office building or somthing has a really cool vibe to it.

Thanks Benny, I wanted to look like a old Victorian mini warehouse or something converted to modern living! thx hun :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sparkle wrote:
    That's gorgeous. I honeslty have nothing else to say or I'll fill the whole page :)

Cuddles Sparkle :D
  • Options
    jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Very nice design. I really like how you used the exterior brick on the inside.

I looked at your studio pics and noticed the pictures had black bars at the top and bottom. Other stories I've seen don't have those, so I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of them?

Thnx

J :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    jisgr8 wrote:

I looked at your studio pics and noticed the pictures had black bars at the top and bottom. Other stories I've seen don't have those, so I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of them?

Thnx

Ty Jisgr8 :D, I hate those black bars too :evil: , I use a black background...seems the only way to get rid of them. But then you get a shaded box around the text...seems we can't have it all ;) lol
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Allium wrote:
    P.s. Is Cali looking quite hot nowadays or what lol!?
    I want his avatars babies :shock:

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600,height=300"
    my rather sad effort :3 I called it blueberry muffin house.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Allium wrote:
    jisgr8 wrote:

Thnx

Ty Jisgr8 :D, I hate those black bars too :evil: , I use a black background...seems the only way to get rid of them. But then you get a shaded box around the text...seems we can't have it all ;) lol

But I want it all :lol:. I'm trying to make a story for my new lot with a green background and the bars just ruin it :x. There has to be some magic picture size that doesn't give these bars.

What res are you playing at btw?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    jisgr8 wrote:
    But I want it all :lol:. I'm trying to make a story for my new lot with a green background and the bars just ruin it :x. There has to be some magic picture size that doesn't give these bars.

Lol maybe idk...I play at 1680x1050 I think... :shock: lol

Benny Aww Benny NOW that is cute! and the name!!! I want to eat it!

Hmmm, maybe you can post you 'Benny-bound' simmy baby hybrids up here!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Haha yeah! I was just about to make my sim self actually rofl
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Look what I found.... :lol: :oops: *moongazes*

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=848054
    I rec'd him..... :twisted:

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I think I would actually die if a guy that hot spoke to me. :oops: :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bennjoon wrote:
    I think I would actually die if a guy that hot spoke to me. :oops: :lol:

Don't die! Do.....other things :lol:

*runs away*
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Allium wrote:
    jisgr8 wrote:

Lol maybe idk...I play at 1680x1050 I think... :shock: lol

I think that's the problem. The game sizes the pics to your res and you're using a widescreen res, which makes your pics really wide, but not tall. This would explain why you have been getting bars on the top and bottom.

I think if you change your aspect ratio to 4:3 it will fix it, at least that is what I'm trying.

Thnx for helping...I might not have to throw my mouse at the wall in frustration anymore :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    jisgr8 wrote:

I think that's the problem. The game sizes the pics to your res and you're using a widescreen res, which makes your pics really wide, but not tall. This would explain why you have been getting bars on the top and bottom.

I think if you change your aspect ratio to 4:3 it will fix it, at least that is what I'm trying.

Thnx for helping...I might not have to throw my mouse at the wall in frustration anymore :lol:
    No prob, happy to help if I can...but you may be able to tell, I am not the most technical person :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Allium wrote:
    jisgr8 wrote:

No prob, happy to help if I can...but you may be able to tell, I am not the most technical person :)

You and me both...

I solved the dreaded black box dilemma though, just change your res to a 4:3 one like 1280×960 or 1600x1200.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thankies Jisgr8 :), I see you have been on the case!
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited August 2009
    Do people prefer stories without the lines? Because I like my wide screen photies *hugs photies* :(
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png