Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Well today I learned the new bench that came with city living is NOT categorized as a bench, in spite of bench being in the item name and looking exactly like a bench, so it doesn't count towards the lot requirements when building a park. *sigh* They had this problem before, with the get together bench and the romantic garden bench, and those were fixed in the end, but given that it's happened before, why would they not catch it this time?
    I also learned that the new flat decorative screen that comes with city living fills a two tile wide gap in between wall pieces perfectly, so with MOO it can be placed at the edge of a deck to create a really interesting effect for a screened veranda. Place a one tile wide wall, place a two tile screen, place a one tile wall, etc. IT looks awesome!
  • Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    I found out that you don't have to go to manage worlds to view lot traits, you can easily go into buy mode to view, add or change them.
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,649 Member
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    Well today I learned the new bench that came with city living is NOT categorized as a bench, in spite of bench being in the item name and looking exactly like a bench, so it doesn't count towards the lot requirements when building a park. *sigh* They had this problem before, with the get together bench and the romantic garden bench, and those were fixed in the end, but given that it's happened before, why would they not catch it this time?
    I also learned that the new flat decorative screen that comes with city living fills a two tile wide gap in between wall pieces perfectly, so with MOO it can be placed at the edge of a deck to create a really interesting effect for a screened veranda. Place a one tile wide wall, place a two tile screen, place a one tile wall, etc. IT looks awesome!

It's cuz they categorize it as a sofa or couch. So technically, it's supposed to be used in the living room even tho you can see these benches outside in the world.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    Many of the food carts are decorated with in game items! (And a few things that aren't but I wish were accessible to us in the catalog) - the Vietnamese food cart has some of the collectible post cards in it!
    txAgfQj.png

You can find the post cards, other collectables, and many other items not available in the buy or build catalog in the "Debug" section. Open the cheat window, then type in bb.showhiddenobjects then in the search bar down below on the lower left type Debug and click on a selection that pops up.
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    you can place the food carts on your lot and cheat learning all the new recipes if you want! ;)
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Adoriyah wrote: »
    I found out that you don't have to go to manage worlds to view lot traits, you can easily go into buy mode to view, add or change them.

Ok, nice. How do I change the lot trait to the one with rats? I want them so much. :smiley:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Adoriyah wrote: »

Ok, nice. How do I change the lot trait to the one with rats? I want them so much. :smiley:

Hello
    The Needs TLC lot trait is " locked' on certain apartments, and can't be removed or changed, and the trait can't be added to other apartments or homes.
    These are lists of the traits and they have infornation about what traits can and can't be removed or added to lots.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/lottraits/
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#LotTraits
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    @Simsister2004 If you want the rats they are at Caulpepper building, can't remember the number , but it is the long apt (upper right hand) with two bedrooms and balcony. I couldn't get rid of them so moved my Sims out to a better apt.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    @sooozeeebeee I know about the debug catalog having the postcards. But if you look at the food stall it also has some cool lanterns (single not part of the giant pole light) and a food poster, and hanging flag banners etc that are not anywhere in the catalog. The postcards were an example of the things that are available to us being used. Sorry if my original post was confusing.
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    @SkyeChimes Did you already check to see if the lanterns you liked were in Debug? I haven't done a thorough check to see what new items are there yet. It's like a treasure hunt when you get a new expansion or game material. You never know what you might find in there.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm just now realizing this even though GTw has been out for like a year but the invention machine at the scientist lab, its basically a 3-D printer!
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    @Simsister2004 If you want the rats they are at Caulpepper building, can't remember the number , but it is the long apt (upper right hand) with two bedrooms and balcony. I couldn't get rid of them so moved my Sims out to a better apt.

Nice. Thank you so much. I will need it, when I move some of my grown up sims away from home. Even better if you knew the name of the building in Danish, but well, I have to guess then. :wink:
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    I didn't know robots had taken over the city. #Skynet
    iojcqh.png
  • Options
    The quality of food will reflect the foods appearnce.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    lejoninna wrote: »
    iojcqh.png

Almost looks like original sims.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited November 2016
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    iojcqh.png

Almost looks like original sims.

The original Sims has come to get revenge?! :O

New conspiracy! Someone should write a story like this.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Nice. Thank you so much. I will need it, when I move some of my grown up sims away from home. Even better if you knew the name of the building in Danish, but well, I have to guess then. :wink:

Culpepper is the brownstone in the Spice Market. The one with 4 apts.
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Had a practice fight on the basket ball court today just as a kid was walking past. He ran like billy-o to escape the ruckus. It was great to watch the animation. (I love these old English sayings)
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    When you give the "good soil" lot trait to your lot, the dirt in the planter boxes will look different. If you look closely, it looks like little glowing fireflies are swimming beneath the surface and that the soil is actually alive. It's quite pretty. :)
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    @Simsister2004 Caulpepper is the building in the upper left hand of the screen in the spice area, the other one is the Jasmine building on the right.
  • Options

Hello @Simsister2004
    This is a link to a list of the apartments and their lot traits.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/cityliving/apartments/
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @Simsister2004 Caulpepper is the building in the upper left hand of the screen in the spice area, the other one is the Jasmine building on the right.

Ok, is it the one with "gremlins", "historical haunted", "chef's kitchen" or "needs TLC"?
  • Options

Ok, is it the one with "gremlins", "historical haunted", "chef's kitchen" or "needs TLC"?

Hello
    It is 18 Culpepper, the apartment with the " needs TLC " trait.
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member

I remembered a few other things:

1.) Your sim unlocks the "brag about being the curry champion" social interaction after winning the curry contest at the Spice Festival. (A bit off-topic, but how cute is it that my "curry champion" is Indian? She didn't even bat an eyelash while eating it! :D)

2.) There are two parts here. One, you can order fireworks and sparklers from the computer. Two, if you order the white wedding fireworks (particularly the battery) and place them on the lot for your wedding (even a home lot), they'll go off as soon as your newly married sims kiss under the arch. It's absolutely stunning!

3.) Sims can autonomously heckle musicians performing on the street; there was a lot of eye-rolling and pointing-and-laughing going on at the Spice Festival.

4.) If your sim is around an ex while in a flirty mood, they have an option to "seduce" them. I haven't tried it, so proceed at your own risk if you happen to have the option. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top