The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Gaming_CultureGaming_Culture Posts: 13 New Member
    Hey guys, I made a video about this :) "Top 10 things you didn't know in Sims 4" Check it out if ya want :) www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjEDl_UBJ8
  • Options
    HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    So apparently you can make kids fight... idk if this is a bug or part of the game... But I have the best screenshot ever lol

11-12-16_11-55-21%C2%A0AM.png

@ECrafters99 Hey I have a random question, how do you take a screenshot that shows your sims emotions, stats, pause button etc. Like the one you have posted? My screenshots are just photos of my screen without all the gameplay options in the photo :/

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,710 Member
    Hello @Hannahcleola
    In game options,check to see in the Camera and Controls section if you have ticked the " capture UI" box . If that isn't ticked, tick it.
  • Options
    ECrafters99ECrafters99 Posts: 99 Member
    @Hannahcleola I did what @rosemow said.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Unflirty sims can tell other sims off for flirting!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,725 Member
    edited November 2016
    This post isn't a 'something you didn't know' but I just thought I could ask you guys if any of you know this:

Why do certain sims have the 'deface' option on a mural but not some? I can't seem to figure out the correlation. The sims that have the deface option don't have any goofball/mean/evil trait or aren't feeling playful, etc. I can't seem to figure it out. :\
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    I didn't know child-hating sims are just as overjoyed as other sims when they have a child? I know traits don't matter that much but that seems weird. :/

Some people love their children it is just other people's they hate....

yea sure, buttttt I want atleast 1 sim with that trait to hate their own child! that does happen irl and I wish it was a possibility in sims. we need less happyhappy things and more drama
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member

Participating in Hackathon at Geekcon counts towards the daily task of programming for the Tech Guru career!

You can get an energized moodlet called "nailed it" from singing poorly! Laughed so hard at this!

NPC like nannies are impacted by lot traits too - so my homey lot trait means that my nanny is now a super skilled chef and because he did nothing but watch the cooking channel while the baby was sleeping and now that she is a child he makes her excellent meals! (I never dismissed him, he has just been permanently hired....when I finally do dismiss him that's gonna be one expensive bill. Lol)
  • Options
    The furniture at the flea market festival is priced cheaper than it is in the catalog! Also career reward furniture will occasionally be for sale not just the regular or flea market exclusive stuff!

The hospital / police lot from get to work are in their own secret world (looks like Magnolia Promenade) - but there is more to it then just those lots! There is a lovely "park" common area (sadly the non-editable kind) that has wild harvestable plants and a frog log along the water! Weirdly the frog log is actually laying on the paved path and not the grass. The scientist lot is also in its own secret world (looks like Oasis Springs) and also has access to its own non-editable common area, there is the fishing spots off to one side, but on the other down a long path there is a picnic area with a Rosetta Stone type object.
  • Options
    Many of the food carts are decorated with in game items! (And a few things that aren't but I wish were accessible to us in the catalog) - the Vietnamese food cart has some of the collectible post cards in it!
    txAgfQj.png
  • Options
    Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    edited November 2016
    I did not know that your sim can sprain their ankle while dreaming big on the basketball court
    Post edited by Bashsync2015 on
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    So apparently you can make kids fight... idk if this is a bug or part of the game... But I have the best screenshot ever lol

11-12-16_11-55-21%C2%A0AM.png

That reminds me of the time in Sims 3, when my child sim randomly attacked AJ.. AJ was a teenager.. and she won. What a wimp. xD It was hilarious.
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    If your spouse is mad at you/you two had a fight - they can "Criticize Woohoo Technique" I found it HILARIOUS!!!

-Yarden.
  • Options
    MoonsKisuMoonsKisu Posts: 97 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    If your spouse is mad at you/you two had a fight - they can "Criticize Woohoo Technique" I found it HILARIOUS!!!

I noticed you can also apologize with woohoo
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Getting a ghost child from the wishing well when the wish for a child fails...
  • Options
    MllespiderMllespider Posts: 33 Member
    @ DeKay, I found out that "good" sim can't deface a murale. I made 2 sims, one with the creative trait to make murals and her sister with just one trait so I could use her has a guinea pig lol...with the cheat : traits.equip_trait [name of the trait] and traits.remove_trait [name of the trait], I try the trait on her one by one...I didn't do all of them but for sure "good" sim can't deface a murale :) (btw squeamich and neat sim can deface)
  • Options
    Mllespider wrote: »
    @ DeKay, I found out that "good" sim can't deface a murale. I made 2 sims, one with the creative trait to make murals and her sister with just one trait so I could use her has a guinea pig lol...with the cheat : traits.equip_trait [name of the trait] and traits.remove_trait [name of the trait], I try the trait on her one by one...I didn't do all of them but for sure "good" sim can't deface a murale :) (btw squeamich and neat sim can deface)

Hello
    It was thoughtful of you to do testing about defacing the murals :) Thankyou for letting us know the results of your testing.
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    The snow globes have really good animations inside them. I discovered this when the electricity box to the apartment fused and plunged me into darkness. The snow globe animations look really cool in the dark; I was well impressed with the waves pounding against the Willow Creek Lighthouse.
  • Options
    @Mllespider: Thank you so much! I believe you're right cuz my sim who couldn't deface the murals has the good trait! Thank you very much for answering. :) You deserve an 'awesome'. :grimace::+1:
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    MllespiderMllespider Posts: 33 Member
    @DeKay You're welcome and thank You! for your "Awsome" B) It was fun testing this lol
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I heard a sim *coughcoughLandgraabcoughcough* get a tiny hiccup during the Spicy Curry Challenge. Thought that was a nice detail.
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    Kara KuehnKara Kuehn Posts: 36 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I found out that the neighbourhoods are bigger than they looked lol, I looked around Magnolia Park and found that there are outdoor public toilets! I never knew that haha

I didn't know any of the things the OP commented were in the game, that's really cool! It's these small things that get me excited :3
    I found out that your Sims can coach their Children on swimming and splash them, they basically can do any interaction but with more added lol
    I found out that if your Sim finished High School with the A Grade they advance to level 3 in a Career they join.
    I found out that Sims can play with Children on playgrounds and pretend to be monsters on the Ship.
    I found out that Grim Reaper can be your employee.
    I found out that watering plants with your tears takes a while lol
    I found out that there are NPCs that have special interactions such as the Gym Trainer who can train your Sim and help them build up the Fitness Skill.

WOW I did not know about the Graduating from school with an A thing. I was under the impression school was useless and always had my sims skate through and skill up! 'cause in sims 3 if you got an A you could pick their trait, but now you get to pick their trait regardless.
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I made a Sim specifically for City Living. Her name is Carina Cody, and she's in the social media career. (She just reached the Reality Show Contestant level!) I had her fishing at Myshuno Meadows so she could sell the fish for extra simoleans. While she was fishing, there were swans in the lake. You could see their little webbed feet paddling around in the water! I thought it was a nice touch. Carina is horrible at fishing and kept being told to try at other spots, (I've never seen that in Sims 4, and I have made a lot of Sims fish!), so I had her busk for tips. Turns out she's horrible at that as well as she made nothing. She did however busk in the middle of a group of protesters. It was HILARIOUS! They were all crowded around with their signs fighting for their right to party, and Carina was in the middle of them busking away. I thought it was great!
  • Options
    I made a Sim specifically for City Living. Her name is Carina Cody, and she's in the social media career. (She just reached the Reality Show Contestant level!) I had her fishing at Myshuno Meadows so she could sell the fish for extra simoleans. While she was fishing, there were swans in the lake. You could see their little webbed feet paddling around in the water! I thought it was a nice touch. Carina is horrible at fishing and kept being told to try at other spots, (I've never seen that in Sims 4, and I have made a lot of Sims fish!), so I had her busk for tips. Turns out she's horrible at that as well as she made nothing. She did however busk in the middle of a group of protesters. It was HILARIOUS! They were all crowded around with their signs fighting for their right to party, and Carina was in the middle of them busking away. I thought it was great!

Hello
    The swans are a very nice touch in the game :)
    It would have been fun for you seeing Carina busking in the midst of the protesters! :) Thankyou for sharing about what happened with us.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top