Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    NO MC update tonight. Just posted. Ah well.

so you took a early nap for nothing. i'm kind of hay mc wasn't tonighy my game won't open usually it does.
  • Options
    wallisdjwallisdj Posts: 18 Member
    Cannot use MC_Cmd after 28 October patch. Any work arounds?
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hey there.
    The only workaround is to remove MC CMD until 3.0 is released.
    DP is working on getting it out there, so all we need is abit focus on our own patience. :)

EDIT: a quote from the developer of MC CMD.
    As people start to come here to this forum to report that they're having problems with the mod working after today's update. Please keep in mind that we knew this was going to happen. We have been prepared for it for a while now and I'm currently working to update all the modules to work with the changes EA released today. Thanks!
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    itsug wrote: »
    Hey there.
    The only workaround is to remove MC CMD until 3.0 is released.
    DP is working on getting it out there, so all we need is abit focus on our own patience. :)

EDIT: a quote from the developer of MC CMD.
    As people start to come here to this forum to report that they're having problems with the mod working after today's update. Please keep in mind that we knew this was going to happen. We have been prepared for it for a while now and I'm currently working to update all the modules to work with the changes EA released today. Thanks!

I'm so glad he posted that... even though I can't say publicly here WHERE he posted that, I was still pretty glad to see it! <3
  • Options
    Which is why I actually didnt say where he did. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    News from DP, I'm posting this here so I can link to it on my activity page:

@luthienrising @rosemow

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5107118#post5107118
    Just as an update, here's where I'm at this morning:
    There are no errors in the game loading the modules and all modules are loading ok.
    Basic functionality seems to be working as expected for the most part. I haven't seen anything yet with the lot traits that are breaking anything.
    Current issue I'm working on: Whims are not showing-up correctly. Very weird. Only the first Whim shows-up (the mood-based Whim).
    Other known issue right now is that Jasmine Holiday was generated and didn't have her standard facial appearance.
    I'm hoping to get the above issue tracked down pretty quick and fixed and then I need to try to run through some days to let all of the alarms run at least once. Since I'm going out of town this evening, I am trying to get this in at least a "mostly stable" form so nothing game-breaking is happening and then do a release before I leave. No promises, but that's what I'm shooting for! Just depends on if I see something else huge break while I'm doing the daily testing.

Thanks for the support, everyone!
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    I'm lurking in the background :)

I followed my own advice and didn't patch my game so far. So nothing helpful from my side.

But I'm really impressed how comitted you all are. You're amazing. <3

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    News from DP, I'm posting this here so I can link to it on my activity page:

@luthienrising @rosemow

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5107118#post5107118
    Just as an update, here's where I'm at this morning:
    There are no errors in the game loading the modules and all modules are loading ok.
    Basic functionality seems to be working as expected for the most part. I haven't seen anything yet with the lot traits that are breaking anything.
    Current issue I'm working on: Whims are not showing-up correctly. Very weird. Only the first Whim shows-up (the mood-based Whim).
    Other known issue right now is that Jasmine Holiday was generated and didn't have her standard facial appearance.
    I'm hoping to get the above issue tracked down pretty quick and fixed and then I need to try to run through some days to let all of the alarms run at least once. Since I'm going out of town this evening, I am trying to get this in at least a "mostly stable" form so nothing game-breaking is happening and then do a release before I leave. No promises, but that's what I'm shooting for! Just depends on if I see something else huge break while I'm doing the daily testing.

Thanks for the support, everyone!

Awesome! Fingers crossed (my sims are about to drive me bonkers getting drinks! LOL)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »

I followed my own advice and didn't patch my game so far. So nothing helpful from my side.

You should see me at MC comments. I kind of took over there yesterday, and haven't given it back, yet. LMAO!
  • Options
    Well, specculations suggest that todays hot topic will be regarding if there is any ETA on MC CmD update, right EG? :D
  • Options
    I just invited people from MC comments to come here to chat, while we're waiting for official word from DP there on 3.0's release. We'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    Loads easier to react without having to comment on here, so good initiative, also waay better to keep the MTS comments at least abit clean from chatter. :D
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »

You should see me at MC comments. I kind of took over there yesterday, and haven't given it back, yet. LMAO!

Remember the MCCC cheerleader chant?

☆☆☆ Who is cool? Deaderpool! ☆☆☆
  • Options
    Love it, @Bonxie !!

Now, here's a very cool wall of text post I saw posted by waldotim (probably not a member here, at least I've never seen posts from that user name...) on MC comments... Some of this will get plummed out, here, but if you want to read it in all its original glory, I'll link it at the bottom. (I'm not going to quote-box it, but I also won't say anything else below, other than adding the link.)

A coping strategy
    To all my fellow digital addicts, I'd like to offer some insight into a personal coping strategy that I deploy whenever EA breaks all the mods.

Yesterday, after the mandatory update dropped, my first reaction was dread. It was an old, familiar sort of dread, one that we've all suffered many times. When the update finally finished and I started the game, and (of course) most of my mods didn't work at all, and the ones that did were all junked up, the dread turned to sadness, tinged with resignation. After closing without saving, I did the usual source scan of all my mods, checking to see if any had been updated. None had, so there was nothing to do but wait.

Or was there?

What is a mod? A mod is a collection of digital assets (code, string tables, images, sometimes even animations) that modify or override default game behavior, as well as add new behavior. I suspect that we players who use mods to enhance (or in some cases, "fix") the games we play, often times don't think about the amount of effort that the game developers (I'm talking about the individual artists, programmers, animators, etc. here, not EA "The Developer") put into making that behavior that we work so hard to override and modify. We don't think about it because we never see it. We've overridden or modified it. The point I'm making here is that there is value to be had in experiencing the game the way the small-d developers intended.

Unlike CCP, the makers of EVE Online (my other digital drug), who actually value their downstream developers, and try to work with them to ensure that updates to the game don't break user-made tools, EA, as well as Maxis, their predecessors in interest, have a long, storied history of deliberately breaking user-made mods, particularly mods that skirt the edges of socially fraught behavior (incest, teen woohoo, murder, e.g.). This tendency of EA to engage in deliberately orthogonal development work that doesn't directly improve or enhance the core game, but merely interferes with the efforts of their user community to enhance their own gameplay experience, has very serious consequences for the developers of mods. One of those consequences is that it's often difficult to foresee all of the effects any given modification to the game is going to have. This is true of all software development, but it's much more pronounced when the upstream developer changes the core internal workings of the game with willful disregard for downstream consequences, to say nothing of occasionally engaging in deliberately throwing wooden shoes into the digital gear train the modders are trying to construct; anybody remember the never-ending battle to override the latest censor-blur override overrider in The Sims 2? How many programmer-hours do you suppose EA wasted, how much of our hard-earned money do you suppose they 🐸🐸🐸🐸 away, trying to keep us from seeing digital naughty bits? All of this wasteful, counter-productive foolishness leads to the unintended consequence of obscuring or breaking game behavior that the mod user might be perfectly happy to have in their modified game.

Which brings us (at long last) back to my original point: after EA drops a massive 🐸🐸🐸🐸 - sorry, "patch" - try playing the game completely unmodified. Take all your custom content, and I mean all of it - clothes, hair, skintones, script overrides, and custom objects - and set it aside. Start a new savegame and just play the game the way it was built; not playing to enjoy it, but playing it attentively, grimly even, with a focus on seeing the new content and behavior. Play it long enough to get a good feel for how it's been changed by EA, so that when the mods get updated, you have a reference point from which to evaluate the modified game, which makes it more likely you'll notice any cool, beneficial, or at least inoffensive behavior that got unintentionally hidden or warped by your selection of mods.

So that's what I've been doing since yesterday afternoon (that, and writing long-winded, bloviating forum posts).

Cheers, and hurry up the cakes, DP!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5107165#post5107165
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    im in both atm :)
  • Options
    hotrod35075901hotrod35075901 Posts: 73 Member
    someone at main post claims one of the older versions is working fine in game I don't know cannot verify since I am still waiting for the patch,can't launch the game without it:(

play vanilla?(shudder) I don't remember how lol been a very long time since I did that.I too am waiting patiently for deaderpool to upload new version I may load a new save and upload some sims but won't be playing until I have his new version of mc command center in place.

good to see I'm not the only one that thinks his mod is the only way to play the game.
  • Options
    someone at main post claims one of the older versions is working fine in game I don't know cannot verify since I am still waiting for the patch,can't launch the game without it:(

play vanilla?(shudder) I don't remember how lol been a very long time since I did that.I too am waiting patiently for deaderpool to upload new version I may load a new save and upload some sims but won't be playing until I have his new version of mc command center in place.

good to see I'm not the only one that thinks his mod is the only way to play the game.

That guy hasn't let the patch run yet. His game IS still working with MC 2.16. He must've had Origin offline before the patch came out, to be able to still be playing that version.
  • Options
    lol I had origin offline also but when I tried to launch game patch began immediately,the person that posted said that it was like version 1.23.24.1010.

I not willing to chance it,who knows how many patches ago that was lol
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I haven't really begun to explore MC Command, yet, although I do have it installed. I was hoping there was a way, since the creator of the mod suggested it was based off of NRaas' Master Controller, which I LOVE, to up the skill levels of parents in a new family I've created for my game. Seems odd that the father would be at the very bottom of the business career and have a YA child, and three teens. They just don't climb that career ladder fast enough. Or if I should just use the 'cheat' for that?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I haven't really begun to explore MC Command, yet, although I do have it installed. I was hoping there was a way, since the creator of the mod suggested it was based off of NRaas' Master Controller, which I LOVE, to up the skill levels of parents in a new family I've created for my game. Seems odd that the father would be at the very bottom of the business career and have a YA child, and three teens. They just don't climb that career ladder fast enough. Or if I should just use the 'cheat' for that?

Isn't there something for that under Sim Commands? I'm stuck in update hades, here, can't see anything MC related because I already let the patch fly.

If it isn't there, look under the Debug options (sim or mailbox, I can't remember... don't think it's mailbox, though), I know careers can be added there (Not an MC thing other than MC makes those options available) and I think there's something for skills, too... but I KNOW somewhere there's a way to increase/add skills to sims.

Also don't forget you can flag Active sims for Skill Changes, and up that to speed level 10 for any flagged sim in settings, if you want to grow smarter sims faster across more of your hood. (Only settable on ACTIVE sims, but once they have the flag, they keep it, whether you switch off, mark them unplayed, etc. True "jobber" NPCs are outta luck, though, can't set the flag and have them keep their job... which is more important? You know?)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @egwarhammer, @GalacticGal

Afaik it's in the debug options. I'm just starting my - unpatched - game to verify and will come back with more information.

oops - there is an Origin update...
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    click on the sim and go to sim commands (I believe can't check right now) that or cheats on the sim you can max all the skills at once if you so choose. but it is part of mc command center it does a whole lot of things.just click around to see for yourself.

had to edit to correct a word
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    @Thanks @egwarhammer, I'll see what I can do. Like I said, I haven't really explored this mod, yet. Some suggest the problems I'm having with the new patch may be mod related. :(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top