Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    There's a talking... toilet? Really??

:astonished:
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Pary wrote: »

No. There are two.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol. Glad I'm not the only one.

I just loaded up Riverview and... nope, I can't do it. I just have to get the hood sorted first. So, yes... maybe I can start playing tomorrow. Or next week... I mean, I still have all the other hoods to sort out and they will be niggling at my mind. Maybe I can start playing next month :D
  • Options
    Lol. Glad I'm not the only one.

I just loaded up Riverview and... nope, I can't do it. I just have to get the hood sorted first. So, yes... maybe I can start playing tomorrow. Or next week... I mean, I still have all the other hoods to sort out and they will be niggling at my mind. Maybe I can start playing next month :D

I know, but it is so satisfying to get it all done and look around the world thinking, 'Perfect! I can't think of a single thing I'd like to change'. *smug smile*... oh, maybe that thing. *tweak* Oh, and maybe this.... *tweak* ...

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    A talking toilet... what?
    I havent bothered to look at new ep info maybe i should catch up.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

No. There are two.

Well, its a perfect symbol of where this game has gone, if nothing else.

Ha! :lol:

--T
  • Options
    Tina1693Tina1693 Posts: 4 New Member
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox.
    Thats a nice way of saying it.
    I would say: "a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a " Money 🐸🐸🐸🐸 EA/maxis game design".
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited September 2016

No. There are two.

Have a :cookie:@Pary !!!

Different time, different audience. Not my game that is for sure.

A talking toilet is certainly not the wow factor to make me buy a game. Time could have been spent on other things we have asked for. Sad.
  • Options

No. There are two.

:joy: lololol

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I wish I had the money and know how to make a game.... but i guess if I had enough money I could hire people.... though I don't have that kind of money... but if I did....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    @aws200 your post made me feel like crying. Great post but tragic.

• Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I love how having toddlers, babies, and children always brought challenge and rush In the Sims 3.

It's like a whole new level of parenting, and once all my sims needs were up after a LONG DAY of taking care of the baby, toddler crying and needing attention, children's needs and help with homework and trying to balance everything out while 1 parent at work etc... It's challenging, but that's what made the game fun!

The Sims 3 family challenges definitely made me feel Immersed.. once they were all sleep, and needs were high, I always felt like," wow, gameplay Is amazing and this day was insane."

THAT'S FUN GAMEPLAY! Challenges In every day sims life, and tons of Interactions to last you throughout the day. TS3 will always be better. Artstyle might not be great, but the gameplay Is amazing and Immersing.
  • Options
    rachluvsdaverachluvsdave Posts: 80 Member
    cherpar wrote: »

@cherpar That talking toilet had to take some work but did you notice they didn't put the effort into the gaming console to increase social? So it's just another group object that's useless in building relationships. Ridiculous that a talking toilet is what they choose to put their time and effort into. I bet the karaoke machine doesn't even build social. I pre-ordered and now I'm regretting it. [/quote]

Really ? The console doesn't raise social? Isn't that part of the point of gaming wit friends? Wow. Could it be that will fix that before release? [/quote]

@cherpar I sure hope so. I tweeted @SimGuruGraham asking that same question. The crazy thing is that you CAN build social with the stinking toilet! I think they are sending out a signal to us family players that family play is going down the toilet once and for all.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

No. There are two.

So what does this talking toilet do?

If you 'pee like a champion' the toilet cheers you on?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

No. There are two.

So what does this talking toilet do?

If you 'pee like a champion' the toilet cheers you on?

maybe you can have a relationship with it.... no idea why you would want that....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2016
    Talking toilets. Talking stinkin' toilets.

Really? How old does EA think I am? Twelve?

I see where toddlers (and supernaturals) are on the priority list now. :cry:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    marx13marx13 Posts: 48 Member
    Is the talking toilet going to be a new life state?

/kidding
  • Options
    marx13 wrote: »
    Is the talking toilet going to be a new life state?

/kidding

...Toilet gremlin?

(She/her)
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited September 2016
    Why wouldn't you create a smart home system for penthouses. That could talk and do cool,things and yet we have a talking toilet. The humour is well, just not for me.
  • Options
    Why wouldn't you create a smart home system for penthouses. That could talk and do cool,things and yet we have a talking toilet. The humour is well, just not for me.

Maybe it could be a hint for a futuristic/Into The Future-like pack, lol?

(That could be awesome. I loved that sims 3 pack. :smiley: )
    (She/her)
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Simmer: Will we ever get pets or toddlers? EA: We can't talk about that. But hey, we made you this talking toilet..
  • Options

smart homesystem nice... maybe a robot vacumcleaner! ectra. but for me talking toilet is below the list of things sims do together for social, fun and skill.
    and below the ability to build my own apartment houses (I'm perfectly fine with that you cant change windows and outer walls)
    when all that is said and done (for a pack named city life I don't expect much family from) it might be fun, they allready there in real life I think.
    though if toddlers where already in game this would be the pack for upperclass preeschool that don't just take care of your litlle ones but also teach them skills... for the busy parents. Maybe even afterschool activities for kids and teens (and preeteens) to keep them of the street... hey this might be a pack to add preeteens (in a patch) becouse the kids wants to be like the teens
  • Options
    Simmer: Will we ever get pets or toddlers? EA: We can't talk about that. But hey, we made you this talking toilet..

I want to lol

and cry

:cry:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top