Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @sparkfairy1 nice wedding pictures :smile: it is a shame that one Sim had the sleepy thought bubble ;)
    I notice him cos he looks a bit like clp :D

@sparkfairy1 are you playing with clp in your game?! Confession time :D

Haha nope no idea who that is! (Probably looking silly now!) ;)

@king_of_simcity7 I'm not really an expert at these things. Only started taking pics for the thread :) I'm quite pleased with the pretty room I made for the wedding though :)

Was that a community lot?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,555 Member
    I turn thought bubbles off with a cheat when I am filming or taking pictures ;)
    Is that the hideheadlines cheat? I usually use that as soon as I start up my game cos I don't like the plumbbob floating over their heads :)

@sparkfairy1 well, you did a great job with the wedding Lot, it looks awesome.

@IceyJ I never knew that lol

@xoxoXD gorgeous dog, made me go awwwwwww... :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I turn thought bubbles off with a cheat when I am filming or taking pictures ;)
    Is that the hideheadlines cheat? I usually use that as soon as I start up my game cos I don't like the plumbbob floating over their heads :)

@sparkfairy1 well, you did a great job with the wedding Lot, it looks awesome.

@IceyJ I never knew that lol

@xoxoXD gorgeous dog, made me go awwwwwww... :)

I do t mind the plumbobs normally but I always turn it off when I'm filming and I cheat to keep thier moods high or enhance friendships if I need to. As these are temporary saves I am not cheating in my normal game play :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    that said still love sims... well the consept of lifesimulating... actually it be cool to play historical simulation game, settings in like old greace or Rome or Nordic... or.... you could make a whole serie of singel standing games, with a little conection of transferign DNA (carecteres) when you change time or something....
    if I could mix sims (best of sims2 and sims3 + some new ideas) with civilization I think it be awesome

Sims: Roman Empire (play in various regions of the Empire, rather than neighborhoods or Worlds)? I'd bite for that one if they reverted to sims 2 or 3 type gameplay. The Roman Empire could include Greece and Egypt, anr even some 'barbarian' lands as regions, giving a good range of variety. I loved playing Pharaoh back in the day alongside Simcity (2000, I think).
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2016
    @sparkfairy1 nice wedding pictures :smile: it is a shame that one Sim had the sleepy thought bubble ;)

@king_of_simcity7 I'm not really an expert at these things. Only started taking pics for the thread :) I'm quite pleased with the pretty room I made for the wedding though :)

No I made a special room in my sims garden because there was room. Created and decorated it, had the wedding then demolished and sold it all :) I'm not much of a builder but I'm trying to decorate and learn how to build more effectively :)

Thank you @elanorbreton :)

They should do a class on Sim Building 101. I can't build to save my life. I can, on occasion and when random inspiration strikes, edit an exsisting build to my liking but that is about the furthest I can stretch my abilities on that matter haha.

I recently found out there are blueprints for houses on google for TS2. I haven't had the time yet but I printed out some Victorian houses to try my hand at.

--T

ETA: autocorrect.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Thrippa wrote: »
    that said still love sims... well the consept of lifesimulating... actually it be cool to play historical simulation game, settings in like old greace or Rome or Nordic... or.... you could make a whole serie of singel standing games, with a little conection of transferign DNA (carecteres) when you change time or something....
    if I could mix sims (best of sims2 and sims3 + some new ideas) with civilization I think it be awesome

Sims: Roman Empire (play in various regions of the Empire, rather than neighborhoods or Worlds)? I'd bite for that one if they reverted to sims 2 or 3 type gameplay. The Roman Empire could include Greece and Egypt, anr even some 'barbarian' lands as regions, giving a good range of variety. I loved playing Pharaoh back in the day alongside Simcity (2000, I think).

exsactly... and you could do well and get in goverment... or do badly and haveing to become a slave... extra.
    maybe you join the legion.. and get send around.
    instead of supernatural types you got a background as a start... and that will in some ways determan how others react to you.
    try a play from slave to rich and influent... how many generations?
    but for me the family play of the time would be important, ofcourse it would be difrent than the sims as it was difrent back then.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »

No I made a special room in my sims garden because there was room. Created and decorated it, had the wedding then demolished and sold it all :) I'm not much of a builder but I'm trying to decorate and learn how to build more effectively :)

They should do a class on Sim Building 101. I can't build to save my life. I can, on occasion and when random inspiration strikes, edit an exsisting build to my liking but that is about the furthest I can stretch my abilities on that matter haha.

I recently found out there are blueprints for houses on google for TS2. I haven't had the time yet but I printed out some Victorian houses to try my hand at.

--T

if for sims 3 have you tried looking at the zooprofessors university... don't have lin on new forum, but you might find it using search or asking in the DNA thread
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    I was playing WoW yesterday and was really looking at the graphics, the whole game play, new EP and everything and was really wondering why can't EA be that great? Sure the graphics in TS4 are really nice but the whole game play could be some much better. They could have pretty much what every fan wants and even new stuff too! Maybe bcuz WoW is just that one game wit new things being added but idk I still think it's very possible for EA to be on the same lvl as Blizzard.
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Options
    I was reading the info on City Living and this phrase popped out at me: "In San Myshuno, one of the stories we want you to tell is moving up from the low level apartments, to live in one of the incredible penthouse apartments."

This sort of sums up a lot of the Sims 4 problem for me. (Leaving aside the things that simply can't work with the game's base programming.) The previous Sims games provided options we could use to tell stories: send the kid to private school, or not; go to University and study, or join a fraternity, or cheat, or not go at all; plop extra lots close together for a close knit neighborhood with local shops, make them sparse by removing premades that are too close, make a downtown with all the shops together, just play as it is. Sims 4 seems determined to dictate a story to us. It doesn't allow for a lot of the old things or flexibility because it's not part of the story that they want us to tell.
  • Options
    Thrippa wrote: »
    I was reading the info on City Living and this phrase popped out at me: "In San Myshuno, one of the stories we want you to tell is moving up from the low level apartments, to live in one of the incredible penthouse apartments."

This sort of sums up a lot of the Sims 4 problem for me. (Leaving aside the things that simply can't work with the game's base programming.) The previous Sims games provided options we could use to tell stories: send the kid to private school, or not; go to University and study, or join a fraternity, or cheat, or not go at all; plop extra lots close together for a close knit neighborhood with local shops, make them sparse by removing premades that are too close, make a downtown with all the shops together, just play as it is. Sims 4 seems determined to dictate a story to us. It doesn't allow for a lot of the old things or flexibility because it's not part of the story that they want us to tell.

spot on
    the sandbox is gone... atleast from my point of wiuv
    ofcourse if you want to play the way they want... or like to... it might not feel as gone

• Options
    xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    @elanorbreton thank you :))
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sadden me to read that the premades were inspired by sitcoms too. Hasn't the Sims 4 gotten enough sitcom fluff to it already? Where is the depth?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

--T

if for sims 3 have you tried looking at the zooprofessors university... don't have lin on new forum, but you might find it using search or asking in the DNA thread

Thanks! I'll check that out :)

--T
  • Options
    How's everyone doing? Have you been checking out the info and videos for the new ep? I have. I was quite excited when the first video came out... but then with each bit more info, screenshots, further videos and livestream that followed I've become less and less impressed. In fact, I've reached a point where I'm pretty much totally put off.

Ah well. At the moment I am busy in my ts3 game anyway. I'm setting up my hoods and have been drooling over the awesome Lots there. I've made the Bjergsen family (from ts4) and plan on playing them first. Just gotta decide whether to give them a dog or two and which world to play them in.

Does anyone know if large dogs can have puppies with small dogs?
  • Options
    Yes, large and small dogs can mate - I think the pups get (or usually get) Mom's size.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited September 2016
    @elanorbreton I've been watching too. I'm not going to decide until I see all the info on the EP. But I am sort of indifferent at the moment. Karaoke looks good, esp with duets. I like the slightly darker play that comes with mice, cockroaches etc and the fact that it can be in some areas/ lots and not others. But I'm getting the impression, including from the live stream, that some lot traits are just to create an emotion. Sunny aspect will have you will be more happy or energised. I get it, it's the system they implemented, so what else are they going to do- but the emotions system to me lacks any depth or sense. I guess my point my is I am sick of things that just create emotions. I also want to know how ' the most individual sims you have ever met' will be implemented. I find the personality system the most flawed so these type of statements annoy me in particular. Anyway hope I'm wrong.

The idea of festivals, protests and some other bits sound interesting so I will not decide till I hear all the info.

And the talking toilet ??? Why?? I just just dont get it.

Did you mating between the dogs work?

Post edited by cherpar on
  • Options
    BarghaestBarghaest Posts: 168 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    I get it, it's the system they implemented, so what else are they going to do- but the emotions system to me lacks any depth or sense. I guess my point my is I am sick of things that just create emotions. I also want to know how ' the most individual sims you have ever met' will be implemented. I find the personality system the most flawed so these type of statements annoy me in particular. Anyway hope I'm wrong.

Sums up my experience as well. The emotion system pretty much dictates gameplay and no sims really have an individual personality. Whether a sim is Active or Lazy, they act the same when Energized... Active sims just get Energized more often. The depth of personality and chemistry just isn't there.

Wonder if it complains when you take an Angry Poop...
  • Options
    rachluvsdaverachluvsdave Posts: 80 Member
    @elanorbreton I've been watching too. I'm not going to decide until I see all the info on the EP. But I am sort of indifferent at the moment. Karaoke looks good, esp with duets. I like the slightly darker play that comes with mice, cockroaches etc and the fact that it can be in some areas/ lots and not others. But I'm getting the impression, including from the live stream, that some lot traits are just to create an emotion. Sunny aspect will have you will be more happy or energised. I get it, it's the system they implemented, so what else are they going to do- but the emotions system to me lacks any depth or sense. I guess my point my is I am sick of things that just create emotions. I also want to know how ' the most individual sims you have ever met' will be implemented. I find the personality system the most flawed so these type of statements annoy me in particular. Anyway hope I'm wrong.

The idea of festivals, protests and some other bits sound interesting so I will not decide till I hear all the info.

Did you mating between the dogs work?

@cherpar That talking toilet had to take some work but did you notice they didn't put the effort into the gaming console to increase social? So it's just another group object that's useless in building relationships. Ridiculous that a talking toilet is what they choose to put their time and effort into. I bet the karaoke machine doesn't even build social. I pre-ordered and now I'm regretting it.
  • Options
    @elanorbreton Did you mating between the dogs work?
    Lol, I haven't even made them yet. I was just planning ahead on which dogs to give my family, cos I'd quite like a lab or retreiver and a spaniel. I think spaniels are small in the game, aren't they?

I haven't even finished doing my hoods yet as I have some empty Lot spaces. Normally I don't play unless all Lot spaces have been filled up, but I'm kind of anxious to get going so I may have to break my ocd compulsion this time!
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

[/quote]

@cherpar That talking toilet had to take some work but did you notice they didn't put the effort into the gaming console to increase social? So it's just another group object that's useless in building relationships. Ridiculous that a talking toilet is what they choose to put their time and effort into. I bet the karaoke machine doesn't even build social. I pre-ordered and now I'm regretting it. [/quote]

Really ? The console doesn't raise social? Isn't that part of the point of gaming wit friends? Wow. Could it be that will fix that before release?
  • Options
    Lol, I haven't even made them yet. I was just planning ahead on which dogs to give my family, cos I'd quite like a lab or retreiver and a spaniel. I think spaniels are small in the game, aren't they?

I haven't even finished doing my hoods yet as I have some empty Lot spaces. Normally I don't play unless all Lot spaces have been filled up, but I'm kind of anxious to get going so I may have to break my ocd compulsion this time!

Haha I do that too - I have to make sure everything is placed before I start to play!

OCD is a plum.

--T
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

Haha I do that too - I have to make sure everything is placed before I start to play!

OCD is a plum.

--T

Totally *6 hours later still fluffing around with the world* Oh well, I can always start playing tomorrow...
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top