Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    HerosesimsHerosesims Posts: 186 Member
    yes! i LOVE playing a family,and it feels fulfilling when your sims have a child instead of making one in CAS. I also LOVE toddlers! cute, funny, amazing bundles of fun and joy! The sims 4 is PERFECT for them....but they were removed...:(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016
    Saw the official trailer for CL and thought they must be trying hard to please us at least a little with adding the whole living in an apt. closer to school would increase a child's grade. I guess that's about as good as we'll be getting anytime soon as far as family gameplay.
    I noticed that too. Not sure how I feel about further emphasis on room moodlets again since I think it is already a faulty system personally. I was a bit more impressed by the apartment trailer because it did go into a further range of play styles with it, which I appreciated. It does seem like there will be group activities with the pack, but personally it doesn't quite feel like an expansion pack to me, but more like a game pack. So although I may care about this iteration anymore, I am noticing the trailers are getting better. Plus I love when @SimGuruLyndsay talks in trailers. She has a very calming voice and didn't know she did the voice for them until I joined forums.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    andre1906andre1906 Posts: 89 Member
    I think they don't even care anymore about our requests, they have telemetry. meh
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well the news about apartments is disapointing to say the least. I was actually tempted into looking into the EP, maybe watch a review and then make my mind up but now you cannot even be able to build apartments? Excuse me but what happened to 'you rule' in this experince?

Oh well, at least I still have TS3 with CASt, Open World and of course all of our life stages :smiley:

I guess that the way things are looking now is that it is one step forward and two steps backwards. Culling is one thing but the lack of building options is just too much and that is a shame as the build tools where really bugged up as being 'improved'

We yes it is nice being able to save and move rooms around but what is the point when the lots are too small and too few anyway and of course there is still no terrain editing avalable.

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    andre1906 wrote: »
    I think they don't even care anymore about our requests, they have telemetry. meh

so that mean they don't care about getting our money either?
    interesting :unamused:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited September 2016
    Saw the official trailer for CL and thought they must be trying hard to please us at least a little with adding the whole living in an apt. closer to school would increase a child's grade. I guess that's about as good as we'll be getting anytime soon as far as family gameplay.

What, there's different distances to the "nothingness" they disappear into? :\

@anettesb I suppose they see long time players as too demanding, and rather see us leave. And people are leaving. If they ever make a game worthy to be called sims 5, I guess people will come back.
    Post edited by simIrrevirre on
  • Options

@anettesb I suppose they see long time players as too demanding, and rather see us leave. And people are leaving. If they ever make a game worthy to be called sims 5, I guess people will come back.

A lot of people have 'left' though and a lot 'went back to the old games'

In fact over the past 24 hours since new information leaked about CL I am yet to see one person who seems really happy about it.

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member

LMAO!! I know right! I guess that's the best they can do for us at this point in the game. Lol

You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016

strange ide... though I gues there will always be new people to sel it to, but don't you get more money if more buy? :sweat_smile:

and this stund (sims4 and the "we listning") + simcity... well it makes me careful with EA product... ofcourse that do = I might buy at origin (do to the 2 hour rule) but even more likely to wait for sales.... or look at other brands.

that said still love sims... well the consept of lifesimulating... actually it be cool to play historical simulation game, settings in like old greace or Rome or Nordic... or.... you could make a whole serie of singel standing games, with a little conection of transferign DNA (carecteres) when you change time or something....
    if I could mix sims (best of sims2 and sims3 + some new ideas) with civilization I think it be awesome
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    Yep right here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfRzjEtdnE

I love Youtubers that speak the truth and really stick up for the community and not let the free merch from EA go to their heads. Since becoming more active on the forums, I've started looking at youtubers videos differently. I really listen to their views on the game and really notice how some of them "kiss up" to EA and others really make it known that they aren't into that and would never fool their followers. Makes you second guess on who your actually listening to.
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 - yes I've seen all the disappointment about CL :(

@nottasinger17 - illusion at it's best

@anettesb I've seen a lot of simmers hope for 2+3=5, I would throw my money at them if they did a game like that

Since Samantha Ryan, now will report to Patrick and I've read a swedish interview (it was3 years old but still) with him where he said: It's just the hat of for the game The Last of Us and GTA V, it's as good a game we always have to have the objective of making.

And talking about Sims 5. It's silly but that interview gave me a ini mini tiny hope, that maybe we could get an AAA PC sims game with open world next time. I would like to see sims get at least as much attention as their other games.
  • Options
    @simIrrevirre yes I think that there is a chance of a good TS5 still. As it is becoming quite clear now that TS4 has serious limitations I think that it could be a push for a real game next time round.

Until then it is just the waiting game...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Yes and I hate the waiting game :#:(
  • Options
    @simIrrevirre well only another three odd years to go.

Although I saw one scary rumour that TS4 woukd outlive all of the other Sims games :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 nice wedding pictures :smile: it is a shame that one Sim had the sleepy thought bubble ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    @sparkfairy1 Love the hair on the dude in the grey suit :D
  • Options
    Yep right here:

I love Youtubers that speak the truth and really stick up for the community and not let the free merch from EA go to their heads. Since becoming more active on the forums, I've started looking at youtubers videos differently. I really listen to their views on the game and really notice how some of them "kiss up" to EA and others really make it known that they aren't into that and would never fool their followers. Makes you second guess on who your actually listening to.

I like honest... where they tell what they like and don't like
    it isn't that likeing is bad... hey thats great
    but be honest
  • Options
    @simIrrevirre well only another three odd years to go.

Although I saw one scary rumour that TS4 woukd outlive all of the other Sims games :open_mouth:

I know its frustrating for those who aren't happy but can we try not to go too far off topic :)

I have some photos for everyone to cheer up the mood :)

Screenshot-38_zpsu9fjzl1u.jpg

Screenshot-39_zpsvoo6wrlg.jpg

Screenshot-41_zpspsbfuorw.jpg

Screenshot-42_zpsqz1opzo5.jpg

fantastic wedding
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    Yep right here:

Me too.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,606 Member
    @sparkfairy1 nice wedding pictures :smile: it is a shame that one Sim had the sleepy thought bubble ;)
    I notice him cos he looks a bit like clp :D

@sparkfairy1 are you playing with clp in your game?! Confession time :D
  • Options

I turn thought bubbles off with a cheat when I am filming or taking pictures ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Lol. There's a game-generated sim that looks just like him. I always see him running around in my game.
  • Options
    xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    edited September 2016
    -so sorry i didnt mean to post this <3
    Post edited by xoxoXD on
    qCDeJ1I.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top