Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living OFFICIAL TRAILER IS OUT!

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    YEESSSSSSS! NEW EXPANSION! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Imagine how cool a city would look with season!
    and pets...
    and toddlers....
    For me this might be an Ep that gets better after the 4th and 5th Ep etc.. But I'm excited to see the trailer and get LGR opinion!
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Simzilla_7 wrote: »

Geez...SimsVIP literally just stole the official video and reposted it with her watermark on it. Here's the official video (you don't need a FB account to watch it): https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/videos/1170242746348127/
  • Options
    Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    I really loved the fact they told us TODAY about the announcement tomorrow. Thank you, @SimGuruDrake ! That's the kind of thing that lots of us want! And I really can't wait to watch the trailer and see all the new things in this EP! It'll be 19h (7 PM) here in Norway and you'll announce it. I can't wait! :D
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    TheHeku4 wrote: »
    agent_bev wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake what does this mean for the quarterly teaser? Does this mean it doesn't tell us everything?

Ditto this.
    If it was actually planned, why was there no info about it in the quarterly teaser???
    Unbelievable.. this is literally lying to us, one way or another :/

Quarterly teasers show you content, paid and free, that will be released in that specific quarter. City Life will not be released this month (aka this quarter of July/August/September), therefore was not overtly included in the quarterly teaser.

There is no lying.
    So, no free content tied to this Ep?

Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Simzilla_7 wrote: »

Geez...SimsVIP literally just stole the official video and reposted it with her watermark on it. Here's the official video (you don't need a FB account to watch it): https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/videos/1170242746348127/

There is no watermark. That's just a channel icon added by YouTube. You can turn that off by turning off annotations.
    aelias24 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake what does this mean for the quarterly teaser? Does this mean it doesn't tell us everything?

Ditto this.
    If it was actually planned, why was there no info about it in the quarterly teaser???

Quarterly teasers show you content, paid and free, that will be released in that specific quarter. City Life will not be released this month (aka this quarter of July/August/September), therefore was not overtly included in the quarterly teaser.

There is no lying.

They almost certainly will patch in free content right before the EP's release. They just don't have to mention it now.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @aelias24 even if, asa they don't show the free content that may or may not be related to EP3, they can advertise EP3 all they want regardless of the Q :)
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member

Ditto this.

There is no lying.

No, it means no free content shown in the trailer tomorrow. It is the same reason why basements were not shown till the retail trailer of GTW
  • Options
    LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    I just used every last ounce of my professionalism not squealing and jumping up and down with excitement as I watched the video at my desk at work!!! I can't wait until tomorrow when we'll get to learn more!! What they did show looked amazing and I am definitely ready to add some new content to my game. I hope the release of this EP happens within the next few weeks. Until then I'll be working really hard on not embarrassing myself with PEPS excitement at work...
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    21 hours till the trailer comes out!!!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »

Ditto this.

There is no lying.

No, it means no free content shown in the trailer tomorrow. It is the same reason why basements were not shown till the retail trailer of GTW

Huh. I had noted that GTW releasing on March 31 not in April (we'd been told April) pushed it back a quarter. Guessing it was the decision to patch in basements that did that!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I also saw a freaking man-bun and new smoking tattoos

29555240621_f39d10c718_o_d.jpg

The man bun is part of GTW.

The Get to Work man bun didn't have that shave around the hair side.

Yes it does.

How the H, can this up-do bun be on top when this (GTW) hairstyle has a middle up-do bun.

Upper-do bun

middle do bun
    29636907085_ef706374e8_o_d.png

Changed the placement of bun only? QUALITY CONTENT WORTH $40!!! Thank you Maxis <3

/s
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I also saw a freaking man-bun and new smoking tattoos

The man bun is part of GTW.

The Get to Work man bun didn't have that shave around the hair side.

Yes it does.

How the H, can this up-do bun be on top when this (GTW) hairstyle has a middle up-do bun.

Upper-do bun

middle do bun
    29636907085_ef706374e8_o_d.png

Changed the placement of bun only? QUALITY CONTENT WORTH $40!!! Thank you Maxis <3

/s

The side is shaved as well, which makes it a very different haircut, IMO. If you've ever shaved your head (I still have my head-shaver in a cupboard), you know just how drastically different it is ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I can't wait to snag more information tomorrow! :squee!: So happy the cat is officially out of the bag and that an EP is on the horizon. :crosses fingers for a supernatural life state:
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2016

/s

Yes, I'm sure the 'pack' only comes with one item. ;) Oh wait, that was the TS3 store! :p

Oh yes I am sure that excuses having the same hair-stylethat we got just one ep ago instead of doing other variations just because we have other stuff as well ;) You know because of that one object that got cloned you get one less unique hair-style.You should be friends with @jackjack_k btw :)
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I honestly don't expect to see real transportation.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Wow I'm so shocked and surprised!

/sarcasm

Lol it looks intriguing. I am looking forward to the trailer. Probably too much to hope for to be able to use that metro system but at least it looks nice
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I remember they said we'd see something we've never seen before in Sims. I wonder what that is in this pack?
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Nikoa wrote: »
    I remember they said we'd see something we've never seen before in Sims. I wonder what that is in this pack?
    Sims Latam said that, not the actual Sims team. They also didn't mention if it had to do with an EP or not.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Nikoa wrote: »

I thought the never seen before comment was debunked as an understood misquote?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    OMG, this has me Shook!!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited September 2016
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I'm so excited! Looks like she's amazed at something tall (skyscrapers?). Love the train, even though it's probably a background aesthetic. :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLmLSCkzXZc

jetsons_flying_car-750x420.jpeg

?

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I'm so excited! Looks like she's amazed at something tall (skyscrapers?). Love the train, even though it's probably a background aesthetic. :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLmLSCkzXZc

jetsons_flying_car-750x420.jpeg

?

So that's what she's staring at... Not a skyscraper after all :p